Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
GameAgent's 100,000 member sale continues today with several Star Wars games for 75% off.

Games include:

• Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - $2.50 (Warning: May not activate PC version. See following posts from Neuro and madjoki)
  • Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - $2.50
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $2.50
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition - $5.00
All activate on Steam.

Must be logged in to see the discounts. See orange box under 'My Dashboard'.  Deals end 4/9, and limited to 5,000 uses.

GameAgent's 100,000 member sale continues today with several Star Wars games for 75% off.

Games include:

• Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - $2.50
All activate on Steam.
Word of warning, I've had two separate Mac keys from two separate retailers NOT activate the PC version of Jedi Outcast. It seems to be an issue on Valve's end, but Steam CS is both inept and doesn't care to investigate.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut was just added to steam, and if you own (just?) the original, you should see a 85% discount, making it on $2.99.

It has campaign tweaks, improved art/voice acting, and "next gen" graphical improvements.

It also has the DLC, so if you didn't already own it, this is a pretty good deal on it, I'd wager.

Word of warning, I've had two separate Mac keys from two separate retailers NOT activate the PC version of Jedi Outcast. It seems to be an issue on Valve's end, but Steam CS is both inept and doesn't care to investigate.
http://steamdb.info/sub/14009/#section_info

Confirmed, there is Mac only key despite it beign SteamPlay.

There isn't even separate app in steam, so you probably can't buy windows version after activating.

(It simply doesn't give access to Windows versions files)

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut was just added to steam, and if you own (just?) the original, you should see a 85% discount, making it on $2.99.

It has campaign tweaks, improved art/voice acting, and "next gen" graphical improvements.

It also has the DLC, so if you didn't already own it, this is a pretty good deal on it, I'd wager.
I only own Strike Suit Infinity and am seeing the discount on SS Zero DC.

It's not a bad price, but for a game I already own, I'll pass on what's mostly a graphical and voice upgrade - if it had cards to help defray the upgrade cost, maybe ...

P.S. Does anyone know if discounts like this apply multiple times if you buy gift copies?
Yes.

So I must be only one not to get discount.

(I do own Infinity too :D)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/288370/discussions/0/558752450232842246/

I'm not!

It's not a bad price, but for a game I already own, I'll pass on what's mostly a graphical and voice upgrade - if it had cards to help defray the upgrade cost, maybe ...
Includes Heroes of Fleet DLC if you don't own that. Might make it worth.

Hopefully they add cards too :D

Selling copies of SSZ:DC for the low, low price of only $4.99. Get them while they're hot, folks!

I like to live dangerously.
I've had my credit card number stolen three times already. What worries me is if my CAG credentials get leaked. Could you imagine if tebow hacked all of our CAG accounts? Yikes.

yikes6.gif

Here's an article and a video on what's changed (and not changed) for the PC port of Dark Souls 2:

Here Are All The Settings For Dark Souls II On PC

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2xPah553Ew[/youtube]
Looks like they really listened this time. Steam, and graphics settings - that's all anybody really wants out of a PC version, developers! Oh, and not releasing months after the console versions would be nice too.

A bit disappointing that the textures and lighting are the same "downgraded" ones from the console releases, but still an easy day-one purchase for me (thanks to GMG and playfire rewards.)

Maybe Ruszians are selling it for 1 TF2-key. ? (so $2-ish)

No region locked unlike original Zero.
Why would you support Communism? Also, I'm being facetious. I'm too lazy to type the name of the scraps I dump in here, you think I'm going to take the time to do this for a couple of bucks? I expected I was going to have to explain it was sarcasm to Bobby but NOT YOU!

I think we need to come up with a new word....

let me describe the situation...

1)log into steam

2) see a game that is interesting

3) scroll down to read description/add to wishlist

4) read "you already own (said game)

I don't recall ever buying it.....
Steamnesia?

Deja Valve?

GabeNdundancy?

Any deals out there for Dark Souls 2 pre-order? I tried the 20% off coupon on GMG and it didn't work.
Well, on the 4th they sent out 25% off DS II vouchers to some users, but I'm pretty sure they are not universal. I got one and it expires on the 11th, so I assume they might bring back a general 20% off / $10 cashback deal after that. (Apparently the previous cashback offer was briefly stackable with the 25% off codes, but I overslept that day and missed it. :lol:)

Any deals out there for Dark Souls 2 pre-order? I tried the 20% off coupon on GMG and it didn't work.
Well, on the 4th they sent out 25% off DS II vouchers to some users, but I'm pretty sure they are not universal. I got one and it expires on the 11th, so I assume they might bring back a general 20% off / $10 cashback deal after that. (Apparently the previous cashback offer was briefly stackable with the 25% off codes, but I overslept that day and missed it. :lol:)

Awesome, thanks. I'll keep an eye out. I figure GMG is the only place to get it cheap pre-release. Really excited to hear the PC version is looking good!

So whoever thought there'd be a sale on Amazing Spidey because of the digital sale on Xbox, looks like you were right (too bad it's an extra $4 or so on Steam), Xbox sale just ended today and here comes the Steam discount.

Surprisingly none of the DLCs are on sale though. Even the collection. Odd, I guess Activision just hates money.

I think I only have the base version of the Strike Suit Zero from Humble Bundle X, does buying the Director's Cut give you the DLC for the original game (artbook, soundtrack, raptor dlc, heroes of the fleet dlc)? Does it give you Strike Suit Infinity?

Edit: Is the 85% discount permanent or temporary?

Only had a couple of those. I can live with .50 per game.

Daily Deal
The Amazing Spider-Man - $49.99 $16.99

Midweek Madness
Spelunky - $14.99 $5.09
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $14.99
Buy Spelunky, dammit!

Also, screw Activision and their stingy discounts. I've had that damn game on my wishlist for nearly two years and it still hasn't reached $10. I wonder if they're losing that license too?

I think I only have the base version of the Strike Suit Zero from Humble Bundle X, does buying the Director's Cut give you the DLC for the original game (artbook, soundtrack, raptor dlc, heroes of the fleet dlc)? Does it give you Strike Suit Infinity?

Edit: Is the 85% discount permanent or temporary?
It doesn't give Infinity, and the new version is listed in Steam as a separate game so I don't think it gives any DLC for the original. The discount is a "limited time special offer" but they didn't list an expiration date.

It doesn't give Infinity, and the new version is listed in Steam as a separate game so I don't think it gives any DLC for the original. The discount is a "limited time special offer" but they didn't list an expiration date.
Ugh, that's incredibly annoying. If you're going to give a "loyalty" discount, it should be permanent, even if it's not that high. It's not like there's a DX upgrade DLC either. I mean hell, Deus: Ex HR has the same sort of thing (and it's permanent) and that's a "AAA" game. Could it kill them to not be so stingy?

Also, screw Activision and their stingy discounts. I've had that damn game on my wishlist for nearly two years and it still hasn't reached $10. I wonder if they're losing that license too?
They're in the process of making the sequel. They're not. This is them just selling it while people will still buy it because the sequel game's supposed to blow it away. :bouncy:

Pretty sure people say that about every Spider-Man game, and have been coming away disappointed for years.
Or any sequel to any game ever.
I don't think any Spider-Man game has touted that.. but okay. I wasn't reciting a marketing pitch, just my own personal opinion based on what I've seen of the game and what the devs have mentioned/promised (hence the word supposed to). And I've never said that about a Spider-Man game ever. So if a cynic like me can be impressed, well that says something. :p

I think it might be a little bit of wishful thinking because of the 2 in the title, but it does look pretty good so far, the groundwork is already there from the first game, after all (same team as well), it's a proper sequel as opposed to the change-ups between Web of Shadows, Friend or Foe and Shattered Dimensions.

And this is happening even w/ it supporting Steamplay?
Seriously - WTF, Steam?!?!

EDIT:

http://steamdb.info/sub/14009/#section_info

Confirmed, there is Mac only key despite it beign SteamPlay.

There isn't even separate app in steam, so you probably can't buy windows version after activating.

(It simply doesn't give access to Windows versions files)
Major WTF?!?!? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back