Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Offline? In single player? What class did you beat it with? Did you manage to remap it to lefty-friendly controls? What fine beverages were you imbibing in while playing it? On a scale of BillyBassRock to FoxyCheapness how would you rate it? Did you ever try it in LAN-play mode? Can you recommend any good mods for it? Do you also own a DRM-FREE version? Why not?
20gnpcw.jpg

article-1302456-0AC6A569000005DC-818_634x779.jpg

WUTEVAR

i blame gaben, josh and humble bundle for reducing these threads to speak about scale philosophy, minotaur sex, corn flakes' crusade on masturbation, and horse dildos.

it's been an interesting day in CAGland
actually two of those topics were introduced by this guy -------------->
photo-thumb-338480.jpg

Convert it to something we can all understand. So you're saying that's about a 38 DD/F on the US Brassiere Measurement and International Fitting standard (underbust) scales? More hands-on testing needed.

(What are we talking about?)

Edit: Imagine how funny those game reviews would be.

"Would motorboat again. 40/FF" - Gamespot

"Firm and tender at the beginning, but sags near the end. 32/B" - IGN
I give your post

BaconWeaveDoubleCheeseburger5-150x150.jpg

Good lord. All I did was rate a single game 8/10. How did it start all that shit?

To clarify again, my 8/10 is akin to a school grade. So I give Far Cry 3 an 80%. Maybe in the future I'll just give out percentages, nobody will complain then. Even though, mathefuckingmatically, 8/10 and 80% are the same exact thing.
because we're starved for deals, all we got now is boob size ratings and interspecies minotaur / human sexual intercourse

ps, I rated your post here

53161-jenny-mccarthy-boobs-gif--Mine-Su3n.gif

This new PewDiePie Humble Weekly Bundle is total crap, can someone tell me if SpeedRunners is worth $6? I already have the other games, even though Guacamelee Gold Edition and Surgeon Simulator are awesome those were literally just in Humble Bundles a month or so ago. No way is State of Decay worth $15...

This new PewDiePie Humble Weekly Bundle is total crap, can someone tell me if SpeedRunners is worth $6? I already have the other games, even though Guacamelee Gold Edition and Surgeon Simulator are awesome those were literally just in Humble Bundles a month or so ago. No way is State of Decay worth $15...
Say the name aloud and you'll find the answer you are seeking.

it has shit right in the name :D

Agreed - except, well.. State of Decay is probably worth $15 from what I've heard/read/my experiences with the demo. It's just that I won't pay that much for it... 'cuz I am a CAG. But yeah - $15 is too high for it in a humble bundle tier where it is the only game in that tier (especially when it's been on sale for as low as $9.99 on Steam already).

Just sent out another bunch of Motte Island keys (not all have been sent yet).

Can you guys please check your junk mail too?

Please quote this message if you've received it and let me know if it appeared in Junk or not.

Speedrunners will definitely be cheaper either in a Steam sale or in a different bundle. The game is only worth playing if you have friends to play against though.

Eh those weekly bundles usually are crap. God I hate that 6 dollar average minimum.
six dollar minimum is really what kills most of the weeklies anymore. if it was bta, and you could get in for 3.50-4.50...a lot of these bundles would be decent enough to bite on. i rarely even consider the six dollar thing though

Please quote this message if you've received it and let me know if it appeared in Junk or not.
I received mine the other day and it was not in my Junk folder. Oh, and thanks!

six dollar minimum is really what kills most of the weeklies anymore. if it was bta, and you could get in for 3.50-4.50...a lot of these bundles would be decent enough to bite on. i rarely even consider the six dollar thing though
I don't have a problem with the $6 tier... just the games they usually put in it.

I don't have a problem with the $6 tier... just the games they usually put in it.
i think it's both. there have been a few times where i would've considered buying the bundle if it was bta, but 6 dollars just seemed to much.

of course, any price is hypothetically not too high if the games are good enough

Right.  And usually when the main bundles' averages shoot up around $6 the content is actually worth it.  At this point I think they're sort of scraping the bottom of the barrel.  Clearly they have agreements with some developers/publishers and go back to them again and again versus branching out to the developers relegated to Groupees, Indie Gala, etc.  That and they're a lot more 'e-social/marketing' oriented with all of these stupid tie-ins to PewDiePie (think this is his second bundle), Destructoid, and so on.

Offline? In single player? What class did you beat it with? Did you manage to remap it to lefty-friendly controls? What fine beverages were you imbibing in while playing it? On a scale of BillyBassRock to FoxyCheapness how would you rate it? Did you ever try it in LAN-play mode? Can you recommend any good mods for it? Do you also own a DRM-FREE version? Why not?
Thanks for imitating me and my game of "20 Questions...And Maybe More." ;)

And to answer EVERY question w/ short answers:

Offline - Mostly, yes.

Single Player - Again, yes.

Class - Outlander. Was Level 44 when I finished the game.

Lefty controls - Nope. I mapped it to how I play. Used my new G600 MMO Mouse, which worked quite grand. :D

Beverages - Whatever I feel like. When I play, I often drink water.

Scale/Review - Go see my review on Steam. I graded it an "A", BTW:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/200710/

LAN Mode - Nope.

Online on Runic Servers - Early on, yes. It was fun. Didn't do much w/ that b/c I wanted to do it solo, mostly.

Mods - Didn't try any.

DRM-FREE - Don't think one's even out yet. Can't try, if it ain't out.

I can't disagree with most of what you said, even though I really enjoyed the game, but... there are tombs, and in those tombs are puzzles. Granted they aren't extremely complicated puzzles, but there were times where I had to sit there for minute, think, do some trial and error, etc.

The tombs just aren't a part of the main story, besides the very first one. They're optional, but they're there...
Yeah technically it had tombs and puzzles. But thats like comparing a big juicy burger with fresh vegetables grilled on a flame and finely crafted and saying "McDonald's cheeseburger is the same thing. Look it has cheese and a bun"

The latest reboot of tomb raider was a shallow pile of lazy shit pandering to the lowest common denominator with its cliche mechanics, overly explained gameplay, uninspired story, and it was full of lazy ass backtracking to pad out the game time. And all of the "tombs" were just uninteresting rooms with a half assed puzzle copy and pasted a dozen times. The game was generic, bland, and full of stereotypical AAA big budget checkmarks that it was a shadow of what it could have been.

There was no suspense, no sense of exploration, no surprises, and felt like a dozen other games trying to appeal to as many people as possible thus taking away any originality or creativity.

It had its moments but everything I used to love about tr1 was smashed under the heel of shooting for blockbuster sales instead of trying to make a compelling game.

Im glad I waited till the collectors edition was 25 bucks. Id have felt cheated if I paid full price.

Thanks for imitating me and my game of "20 Questions...And Maybe More." ;)

And to answer EVERY question w/ short answers:

Offline - Mostly, yes.
Single Player - Again, yes.
Class - Outlander. Was Level 44 when I finished the game.
Lefty controls - Nope. I mapped it to how I play. Used my new G600 MMO Mouse, which worked quite grand. :D
Beverages - Whatever I feel like. When I play, I often drink water.

Scale/Review - Go see my review on Steam. I graded it an "A", BTW:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/200710/

LAN Mode - Nope.
Online on Runic Servers - Early on, yes. It was fun. Didn't do much w/ that b/c I wanted to do it solo, mostly.
Mods - Didn't try any.
DRM-FREE - Don't think one's even out yet. Can't try, if it ain't out.
And there it is

Got it and it was not in spam. Almost too bad, because I love Spam. Thanks for helping me get my hands on a game, because my backlog is shrinking so fast I might run out of games to play!

Yeah, I got mine pretty soon after I signed up and it was in my main inbox.

Wasn't in junk mail for gmail, and I got mine in that first batch.

Got it the first day (in Gmail promotions tab), thanks again!

Yeah technically it had tombs and puzzles. But thats like comparing a big juicy burger with fresh vegetables grilled on a flame and finely crafted and saying "McDonald's cheeseburger is the same thing. Look it has cheese and a bun"

The latest reboot of tomb raider was a shallow pile of lazy shit pandering to the lowest common denominator with its cliche mechanics, overly explained gameplay, uninspired story, and it was full of lazy ass backtracking to pad out the game time. And all of the "tombs" were just uninteresting rooms with a half assed puzzle copy and pasted a dozen times. The game was generic, bland, and full of stereotypical AAA big budget checkmarks that it was a shadow of what it could have been.

There was no suspense, no sense of exploration, no surprises, and felt like a dozen other games trying to appeal to as many people as possible thus taking away any originality or creativity.

It had its moments but everything I used to love about tr1 was smashed under the heel of shooting for blockbuster sales instead of trying to make a compelling game.

Im glad I waited till the collectors edition was 25 bucks. Id have felt cheated if I paid full price.
Sounds like someone is butthurt about Lara's smaller boobies.

I gave up beef for lent :(
WHAT? It's bad enough meat's a no-no on Friday. Why would you punish yourself like that? Did you forget foxes are omnivores or something? :p

I believe someone in the Amazon thread said they gave up booze. Also another no-no. (At least for me, too much stress with the incoming little one to not have alcohol as an option if need be.)

It was sent to my Hotmail/Outlook and it was not in Junk. Everyone replying to this should say your e-mail providers.

I received mine this evening and it did not go to junk mail Carl. Thanks again for getting them sent out!

Yeah, I liked it too. :D/

Got my key to the main inbox.

Also just requested and received my Gray Matter key.  I had to search forever for the receipt.  Turns out I bought it from GamersGate for $2.37.

Got my key to the main inbox.

Also just requested and received my Gray Matter key. I had to search forever for the receipt. Turns out I bought it from GamersGate for $2.37.
Hopefully like 10 or so more people request Gray Matter keys soon because I'm waiting for that to get done so he can move on to Black Mirror 2 which I missed out on last night. :p

Motte Island finally launches through Steam now.. and for some reason when you click on "CD key" in your library, it generates a new Steam key.. so everyone basically got 2 copies for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back