Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure where to write this, so I write it here and in the Amazon thread.

I have Steam keys for Spacebase DF-9, Goat Simulator, Xenonauts, Broforce and Full Bore. You can get them all in exchange for a Steam copy of either Strider og Banished.

This is my first time trading, so be nice. Since Im a trustworthy person I will give you the keys so you can activate them and see that they are legit before you give me either Banished or Strider.
Ugh, its another neotard. How the hell did you conclude this was the Amazon thread btw? Still trying pawn your "review" keys you duped out of publishers I see.

I offered to help them distribute the keys for free but they haven't got back to me yet.

Don't worry, they've got this ;)
I called them on that too and also challenged them to name anyone they have actually given keys to in the weeks since it's been released since they claim 'a small number of keys have been sent' but as of yet no one is claiming to have gotten one.

Sad thing is that Paranormal Research Society Steam Group that everyone was supposed to join to get the free game is filled with white knights, apologists and Pollyannas saying things like 'We will be patient' 'Thanks for all your hard work' and 'If you don't want to wait anymore you can buy the game in Indie Gala'. :wall:

Ugh, its another neotard. How the hell did you conclude this was the Amazon thread btw? Still trying pawn your "review" keys you duped out of publishers I see.
How are people doing this scammery? Do they just say 'Hi I'm a reviewer give me a key?

There's another person I know of who also happens to be on CAG, coincidentally tends to post in the Amazon thread where he ain't supposed to be buying from since he's McDonalds in Oregoner, who brags about 'review keys' and yet I've not seen anything that would constitute a press review out of him...

I like how it only includes 1 game so far.. Arma 3.
Doesn't have 1 game anymore...

Ugh, looks like this is probably Tuesday's bundle. Now I feel like an idiot for buying the Bohemia Weekly. Way too much stuff to be a Humble, nevermind.

Though it could just be a collection for Steam to sell or something, doesn't have to be a Humble thing.

I'm guessing the sales they had on it recently were to get all the money they could before putting the content in a bundle. :p

Putting on my tinfoil hat here, but once again, if this is a Humble Bundle, this seems indicative of trying to get as much money as they can for the games before the GameSpy server list shutdown because either the fix isn't happening for the older games, or it's going to take a while.

Arma 3 will be salvaged at least, I'm guessing.

Here's the list:

Take on Helicopters

Take on Helicopters - Hinds DLC

Take on Helicopters - Noisecontrollers DLC

Take on Helicopters - Rearmed DLC

Take on Mars

Fish Fillets 2

AlternativA

Pat & Mat

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Memento Mori

Memento Mori Soundtrack

Original War

UFO: Afterlight

Something?

Arma 2

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Arma 2: British Armed Forces

Arma 2: Private Military Company

Arma 3

Arma 3: Zeus

Arma: Gold Edition

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta

Arma: Cold War Assault

Arma 2: DayZ Mod

Arma Tactics

Alpha Prime

Pound of Ground

Day Z

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Dedicated Server (Tool)

ARMA 2 Dedicated Server (Tool)

Ugh, looks like this is probably Tuesday's bundle. Now I feel like an idiot for buying the Bohemia Weekly.
I doubt it: DayZ and ARMA 3 are both in it. As long as that is still the case, I'd be shocked if it's going to be a Humble Bundle (at least one with the regular pricing structure.)

I doubt it: DayZ and ARMA 3 are both in it. As long as that is still the case, I'd be shocked if it's going to be a Humble Bundle (at least one with the regular pricing structure.)
Of course you quote me before my self-edit. :p You're right.

Also, I just refreshed and yes, DayZ is there now. How odd.

Will update the list.

I wonder how much this monstrous collection will cost.

They've certainly had high-dollar tiers before. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

I'm sure you all remember my thrilling post from earlier in the week concerning my AMD Gold card that expired at the end of last year, meaning I could not claim my free games.... you don't? shame on you! (here it is again)

I bought an AMD Radeon gold promo card from eBay ages ago when they had Thief as a pre order and Saints Row IV as a free game, but I had all of the other games, and somebody said that maybe Battlefield 4 was getting added soon... so I waited... and waited.... and then Saints Row IV went away, so I only wanted one game. Screw that, I waited more... and longer... and a little more, until finally....

AMD Radeon updated their promo card goodies today!

So I signed up, entered all of my details, got a conformation e-mail with a code, signed in, signed up and entered my code...

Which expired at the end of last year.

poop
Anywhoo, after some back and forth e-mails to the AMD promotion people, a couple of photographs, scans and whatnot, today I was told that my original card had been reactivated, so I could grab a bunch of goodies.

So this story does have a happy ending, you can all rest easy knowing that I got my free games.

yay!

They've certainly had high-dollar tiers before. It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.
All of the games are in the same registry entry. It would mean that all of it would fall under one tier.

The only way I can see it being a Humble Bundle is if it's a charity bundle or something, at $25+

They just did a Bohemia bundle recently.  This is probably just some Bohemia complete bundle they'll be selling somewhere.  You guys really get wound up about anything.  

All of the games are in the same registry entry. It would mean that all of it would fall under one tier.

The only way I can see it being a Humble Bundle is if it's a charity bundle or something, at $25+
Good point. That would definitely make it a pricepoint I'd likely pass on.

Not to take away away from the thrilling Bohemia discussion, but SquareEnix just registered a domain for Just Cause 3. So.. that's kind of exciting. Makes sense, seeing as the Just Cause dev's current project (Mad Max) is set to ship next year.

GetGamesGo is having a Darksiders sale for the weekend, for 75% off:

• Darksiders - $7.49
  • Darksiders II - $7.49
  • Darksiders II: Abyssal Forge - $1.74
  • Darksiders II: Argul's Tomb - $1.74
  • Darksiders II: Season Pass - $4.99
Activates on Steam.

Also on sale,

An update to the discussion earlier on region restricted Ubisoft sales from GetGamesGo, quoting the GGG rep on reddit:

GGG rep (in regards to the ANNO sale): This offer is not available in the USA and Canada.

Redditor: Just curious, does that apply to all Ubisoft games?

GGG rep: Yes unfortunately.
So for future posts, I'll be skipping their Ubisoft sales unless the situation changes.

Ugh, looks like this is probably Tuesday's bundle. Now I feel like an idiot for buying the Bohemia Weekly. Way too much stuff to be a Humble, nevermind.

Though it could just be a collection for Steam to sell or something, doesn't have to be a Humble thing.

I'm guessing the sales they had on it recently were to get all the money they could before putting the content in a bundle. :p

Putting on my tinfoil hat here, but once again, if this is a Humble Bundle, this seems indicative of trying to get as much money as they can for the games before the GameSpy server list shutdown because either the fix isn't happening for the older games, or it's going to take a while.

Arma 3 will be salvaged at least, I'm guessing.

Here's the list:

Take on Helicopters

Take on Helicopters - Hinds DLC

Take on Helicopters - Noisecontrollers DLC

Take on Helicopters - Rearmed DLC

Take on Mars

Fish Fillets 2

AlternativA

Pat & Mat

Carrier Command: Gaea Mission

Memento Mori

Memento Mori Soundtrack

Original War

UFO: Afterlight

Something?

Arma 2

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Arma 2: British Armed Forces

Arma 2: Private Military Company

Arma 3

Arma 3: Zeus

Arma: Gold Edition

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta

Arma: Cold War Assault

Arma 2: DayZ Mod

Arma Tactics

Alpha Prime

Pound of Ground

Day Z

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead - Dedicated Server (Tool)

ARMA 2 Dedicated Server (Tool)
  • about an hour agoChanged name Bohemia Interactive BundleSteam Sub 43385

Too late secret is out already :D

I doubt it is Humble Bundle or anything like it, but COULD be regular store bundle (since it has cd keys, non-steam sale is possible too).

(humble bundle's usually have two or more tiers.)

• about an hour agoChanged name Bohemia Interactive BundleSteam Sub 43385

Too late secret is out already :D

I doubt it is Humble Bundle or anything like it, but COULD be regular store bundle (since it has cd keys, non-steam sale is possible too).

(humble bundle's usually have two or more tiers.)
I'm gonna guess it's a collection on Steam. I'm really curious about the price, tbh. It'll probably be $100 or something ridiculous.

Also, this is in the bundle, but what do you suppose it is? -> http://steamdb.info/app/237970/

Gamefly is having a 2K Games Collections sale this weekend, for up to 86% off.

Collections include:
  • [customspoiler="2K Action Collection"]
    Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II, and Duke Nukem Forever[/customspoiler] - $15.39 (86% off)
  • [customspoiler="Bioshock Collection"]
    BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, and BioShock Infinite Season Pass[/customspoiler] - $39.99 (56% off)
  • [customspoiler="Borderlands Collection"]
    Borderlands GOTY, Borderlands 2 GOTY[/customspoiler] - $29.99 (57% off)
  • [customspoiler="Civilization Collection"]
    Civilization III: Complete, Civilization IV, and Civilization V [/customspoiler] - $9.99 (82% off)
  • [customspoiler="XCOM Collection"]
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, Slingshot add-on content, Second Wave add-on content[/customspoiler] - $24.99 (64% off)
Use APR20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off if you spend more than $10, or APR15OFF for 15% off with no minimum.  (UKAPR20OFF / UKAPR15OFF for UK customers)

Gamefly is having a 2K Games Collections sale this weekend, for up to 86% off.

Collections include:

• [customspoiler="2K Action Collection"]Mafia II, Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II, and Duke Nukem Forever[/customspoiler] - $15.39 (86% off)
  • [customspoiler="Bioshock Collection"]BioShock, BioShock 2, BioShock Infinite, and BioShock Infinite Season Pass[/customspoiler] - $39.99 (56% off)
  • [customspoiler="Borderlands Collection"]Borderlands GOTY, Borderlands 2 GOTY[/customspoiler] - $29.99 (57% off)
  • [customspoiler="Civilization Collection"]Civilization III: Complete, Civilization IV, and Civilization V [/customspoiler] - $9.99 (82% off)
  • [customspoiler="XCOM Collection"]XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Enemy Within, Elite Soldier Pack add-on content, Slingshot add-on content, Second Wave add-on content[/customspoiler] - $24.99 (64% off)
Use APR20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off if you spend more than $10, or APR15OFF for 15% off with no minimum. (UKAPR20OFF / UKAPR15OFF for UK customers)
Is it me or do those deals sound terrible?

do want...will wait for bundle
Ugh, me too. I'm surprised it hasn't ever been bundled yet. The 4-pack makes it cost like $2.55 a person, but even then. I want it, but being in a bundle is it's destiny, just like Spelunky. :p

I'd probably bite in a 4-pack at 75% off.

Forgot to add this with the Gamefly deals:

Gamefly is also having a Telltale Games sale this weekend, for 75% off.

Games include:

• Jurassic Park: The Game - $7.49
  • Back to the Future: The Game - $6.25
  • Tales of Monkey Island - $8.75
  • The Walking Dead - $6.25
  • The Walking Dead: 400 Days - $1.25
  • Hector: Badge of Carnage Full Season Pass - $4.99
  • Sam & Max: Season One - $7.49
  • Sam & Max: Season Two - $7.49
  • Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $7.49
  • Poker Night at the Inventory - $1.25
  • Poker Night 2 - $1.25
  • Puzzle Agent - $1.25
  • Puzzle Agent 2 - $2.49
  • Telltale Texas Hold'em - $0.75
All activate on Steam.

Use APR20OFF at checkout for an additional 20% off if you spend more than $10, or APR15OFF for 15% off with no minimum.  (UKAPR20OFF / UKAPR15OFF for UK customers) 

The home of LEGO (Denmark) now has 1:1 scale maps in Minecraft.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/danish-government-releases-geographic-data-by-way-of-11-minecraft-map/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/24/minecraft_players_can_now_download_denmark_in_11_scale/

denmark_minecraft_map.jpg

Minecraft was bad engine choice. Why not some engine of actual game?
I need to hit the original sources, but reading between the lines, this was done with detailed topographic data, thus minecraft's abstraction works to cover up the weakness of the underlying data. Besides minecraft is all the rage with teenyboppers my social media analysts inform me.

Free Early Access game alert. Not F2P, it gets added to your account.

Narcissu 1st & 2nd

Looks like a visual novel.

This is a story of disease and suffering; of medication and adverse effects; of thoracotomy scars and cellular poisons; of the living who cannot help but to die and of the dying who cannot help but to live; of a resting place other than "on 7F" or "at home".

Free Early Access game alert. Not F2P, it gets added to your account.

Narcissu 1st & 2nd

Looks like a visual novel.

This is a story of disease and suffering; of medication and adverse effects; of thoracotomy scars and cellular poisons; of the living who cannot help but to die and of the dying who cannot help but to live; of a resting place other than "on 7F" or "at home".
That's actually an old and free VN. I remember playing it 10 years ago.

That's actually an old and free VN. I remember playing it 10 years ago.
It seems there was also a third one released on PSP and then a final release with all three chapters and extra content. I wonder why that last one isn't what's on Steam. Maybe that content will be paid DLC in the future.

Pretty much every day for the last couple months I get timeouts for one or more facets of Steam's website or client - store, forums, greenlight, etc.  Is that anyone else's experience, and if so, what the hell?

ETA:

Hey Steam, was going to buy 15 copies of everything in your store but it won't load.  Guess I won't now.  Bye!

Pretty much every day for the last couple months I get timeouts for one or more facets of Steam's website or client - store, forums, greenlight, etc. Is that anyone else's experience, and if so, what the hell?

ETA:

Hey Steam, was going to buy 15 copies of everything in your store but it won't load. Guess I won't now. Bye!
Well I've only been on Steam for the last couple of months, so I just thought that was normal?

Pretty much every day for the last couple months I get timeouts for one or more facets of Steam's website or client - store, forums, greenlight, etc. Is that anyone else's experience, and if so, what the hell?

ETA:

Hey Steam, was going to buy 15 copies of everything in your store but it won't load. Guess I won't now. Bye!
I haven't had any issues lately so I don't think it's a universal problem.

ETA:

I've been using Steam less and less because of it. I'll use the website if I want to check something now. I got sick of looking up something on the client to have it suddenly stop working.

I get random/intermittent issues with Steam (store and community) not loading via browser.  Been like that at least the last month or so.

It happens in both browser and client for me.  Kind of a surprise when it works without issues at this point.

There's a site that shows server status and it's usually 53 out of 56 US servers working whenever I care enough to check.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

do want...will wait for bundle
Yeah, same here.

but even then. I want it, but being in a bundle is it's destiny, just like Spelunky. :p
While Spelunky is long overdue for a bundle, it's one of those rare games that you probably won't feel bad about just picking up while it's on sale. Besides being incredibly well done, the Daily Challenges (Leaderboard) are quite a lot of fun and are worth your time.

I've been using Steam less and less because of it. I'll use the website if I want to check something now. I got sick of looking up something on the client to have it suddenly stop working.
This is the same issue I've had. Website tends to work find, client fucks up all kinds of ways randomly. Website fucks up sometimes if I'm using the Log in with Steam feature on another site. Steam client is generally a biggy, slow, pos for me, but its been that way from the jump

Yeah, same here.

While Spelunky is long overdue for a bundle, it's one of those rare games that you probably won't feel bad about just picking up while it's on sale. Besides being incredibly well done, the Daily Challenges (Leaderboard) are quite a lot of fun and are worth your time.
Problem is I already picked it up on sale. On GOG, which is the version without the Daily Challenges. :wall:

It's bad enough that I double-dipped on it (I own it on 360), but I ended up getting the worse PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back