Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is another one of those nichey things, but there's a new Game Music Bundle out for the next ~ 6 days.
u mean a bundle without any games?

tyrone2.jpg

Posting a correction.

Clive Barker's Jericho does not use GFWL. The game was just sold at retail with the Games for Windows branding. The game is Steamworks through and through, so it should be safe to purchase.

Posting a correction.

Clive Barker's Jericho does not use GFWL. The game was just sold at retail with the Games for Windows branding. The game is Steamworks through and through, so it should be safe to purchase.
It doesnt' matter. No one will actually play it. They just want to look at it in their inventory.

I bet you render all the ladies speechless...in 3DS Max.
I don't have 3DSMax - never used it.

I realize how stilted what I just wrote is - so, that price of dialogue could've been in both Mars: War Logs + Game Of Thrones RPG. ;)

Anyone need any Dead Island Epidemic beta invites, or should I just give all six of them to MysterD to momentarily overload the joy circuits in his robot brain?

1395303595622.jpg

Only problem is - I don't have many Friends IRL or on Steam that I constantly talk to, so who the hell would I give it to? ;)

I'd have to do like a giveaway on CAG or Steam or something. ;)

EDIT:

Since we're at it - does anybody want into the Dead Island: Epidemic Beta?

I have like 10 of them or so, right now.

Reply in this thread, just hit me up on Steam, or whatever:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/home

How cheap can I get Watch Dogs for Steam? It seems it's the same price in every region! If I buy it on PS4 which I pre-ordered for $56, I can sell it after I'm done... but with worse graphics and only 30fps. :cry:

Wait for sale. No steam keys anywhere atm. So steam is the only choice.

Sadly only sale it has had was just price mistake and only for locked brazil copy. :(

Can someone help me get over my resistance to deal with non-Steam clients?

I see some pretty good deals for Watch Dogs but it's Uplay only... the only games I own on non-Steam clients are ones that were only available elsewhere, or that I got for free. I even repurchased a DRM-free game on Steam to get it in my Steam library. I want everything on Steam!

I see some pretty good deals for Watch Dogs but it's Uplay only... the only games I own on non-Steam clients are ones that were only available elsewhere, or that I got for free. I even repurchased a DRM-free game on Steam to get it in my Steam library. I want everything on Steam!
Steam gives you herpes in the butt. The only cure is to buy games in other clients, but you have to keep buying them to keep the butt herpes away.

You're welcome.

Seriously though, I have no issue with keeping all Ubisoft stuff on Uplay or EA stuff on Origin. My only wish is that they would allow their entire (within reason) respective libraries on their services. i.e. better older game support, but both seem to be getting better at that aspect.

Seriously though, I have no issue with keeping all Ubisoft stuff on Uplay or EA stuff on Origin. My only wish is that they would allow their entire (within reason) respective libraries on their services. i.e. better older game support, but both seem to be getting better at that aspect.
It would help me accept it if Ubisoft would let your Steam Ubisoft games be registered on Uplay like how Origin does. If all my Assassin's Creed games could be launched directly from Uplay alone I could probably transition to feeling like it was okay to own stuff on there.

As of now, it's just a piece of damn annoying DRM getting between me and my Steam games, and the thought of owning games exclusively through them is incredibly unappealing.

I'm the opposite.  Steam requires me to run the stripped down Uplay client anyway so why not just use Uplay and lose a layer of DRM?  Plus Uplay gives credits for certain achievements which can be spent on in-game DLC type rewards.  Does the Steam/Uplay hybrid allow that?  I honestly don't know.  Really though, I just go with whoever has the best price -- Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc.  Only stuff I don't deal with is Capsule and Desure, mainly because I'm not in love enough with indie stuff to want to screw with a new client for it.  I'm more hospitable towards alternate clients for AAA titles.

By in large, I just install a game, keep the shortcut on my desktop or Games folder and click it to play.  Whatever client pops up isn't something I really care about.  I do like that when I'm done with a game, Uplay will happily let me shut it down and it actually goes away unlike Steam which is convinced that I need constant 24/7 access to all the non-games-related Steam crap unless I go and make an extra effort to kill it.

Nope. Steam does a better job than Uplay at downloading/updating games (even when the game requires Uplay), so I'm not even gonna try to convince you. Steam is usually more reliable than Uplay regardless.

However, Origin isn't so bad and I don't really mind when games are Origin exclusive.. but if there ever comes a day when we get exclusive Uplay games.. yuck.

Nope. Steam does a better job than Uplay at downloading/updating games (even when the game requires Uplay), so I'm not even gonna try to convince you. Steam is usually more reliable than Uplay regardless.

However, Origin isn't so bad and I don't really mind when games are Origin exclusive.. but if there ever comes a day when we get exclusive Uplay games.. yuck.
I agree with all this. That's why I need help. Otherwise I have to buy Watch Dogs for a higher price or wait for a deal... or buy it on a console!

I guess I got $60 worth of the money in my Steam wallet for $45 through Vince Carter and the rest for free from carrrdz. Been looking for an excuse to spend my wallet before they change Steam to Canadian and convert my funds or something. I'd be getting the deluxe edition for $45 if you look at it that way. But I have a hard time looking at it that way.

You know, I could get into a multiple-DRM explanation (on Steam-versions) vs. one DRM explanation.

i.e. I'd rather deal w/ the UPlay-only version vs. Steam-version that usually offers UPlay Lite + Steam DRM (if CEG's attached - it usually is).

But, I'll stop there - and save that dissertation for another time.

The only other thing is - sometimes, some companies treat their very own 1st-party client versions BETTER than the same-game on some other 3rd party client version... namely, that'd be in terms of testing that version; issue + bug stomping; patching a 1st party version faster/sooner/more often; etc etc.

Sometimes, Steam-versions even have extra issues that just ain't found in the other 1st-party version (i.e. see Vampire: Bloodlines).

EDIT:

And, that's my only hang-up w/ UPlay.

It's just nowhere as easy to deal w/ as say Steam + Origin.

Both Origin and Steam do much better jobs w/ keeping games downloading; installing; and updating games.

Their download + installs are so streamlined - you can just back-up the actual game folder as it is, for backing-up purposes.

You know, I could get into a multiple-DRM explanation (on Steam-versions) vs. one DRM explanation.

i.e. I'd rather deal w/ the UPlay-only version vs. Steam-version that usually offers UPlay Lite + Steam DRM (if CEG's attached - it usually is).

But, I'll stop there - and save that dissertation for another time.

The only other thing is - sometimes, some companies treat their very own 1st-party client versions BETTER than the same-game on some other 3rd party client version... namely, that'd be in terms of testing that version; issue + bug stomping; patching a 1st party version faster/sooner/more often; etc etc.

Sometimes, Steam-versions even have extra issues that just ain't found in the other 1st-party version (i.e. see Vampire: Bloodlines).

EDIT:

And, that's my only hang-up w/ UPlay.

It's just nowhere as easy to deal w/ as say Steam + Origin.

Both Origin and Steam do much better jobs w/ keeping games downloading; installing; and updating games.

Their download + installs are so streamlined - you can just cut + paste the actual game folder for backing-up purposes.
What's funny is that patching Ubisoft games on Steam is often easier/works better than patching Ubisoft games on Uplay. Plus Steam will offer pre-loading of Ubisoft games while Ubisoft themselves don't. Ubi really needs to get their shit together.

What's funny is that patching Ubisoft games on Steam is often easier/works better than patching Ubisoft games on Uplay. Plus Steam will offer pre-loading of Ubisoft games while Ubisoft themselves don't. Ubi really needs to get their shit together.
Right: for patching, downloading, and reinstalling - in general, Steam is easier to deal with.

With Steam + Origin - you can just copy the files for back-up (to another HDD, DVD, BR, CD, whatever) and paste it back for reinstalling purposes, more or less. Sometimes, that's enough. Sometimes, it ain't. If it ain't - then run the client program and select and options w/in the program, if necessary - so it does whatever it needs to do to finish the process properly (update to newest version; downloading missing files; verify game cache; install DirectX or any extra software stuff; etc etc).

UPlay gives you game-file installers (for usually earliest version). And you want to download ALL of their patch-installer files from their website, too. It's way more old-school. They need to overhaul this stuff like Steam + Origin did.

EDIT:

Problem w/ UPlay is like GameFly + Gamersgate - after downloading, don't click Install yet. When running client - it just destroys the damn installer EXE.

You want to back-up your game's main installer EXE files before you run it w/in the client.

Or, if possible - close the client and any other background process that any of those annoying clients run - and just run the installer so it don't destroy your EXE.

Now that you mention it I have two Uplay games to reinstall since changing OSs and haven't found a way to do it. It doesn't detect that the games are sitting right there in my Uplay games folder, like Origin or Steam would. Stupid.

Now that you mention it I have two Uplay games to reinstall since changing OSs and haven't found a way to do it. It doesn't detect that the games are sitting right there in my Uplay games folder, like Origin or Steam would. Stupid.
The other problem is - if you buy a UPlay-required Game from elsewhere (like Amazon DVG), you'll want to actually download the game from where you bought it.

ESPECIALLY if you bought a Deluxe Ed w/ extra content - 'cause often, that extra content stuff is exclusive to the retailer. For some reason - that extra Deluxe Ex crap don't come packaged w/ me from when I did the key activation and download directly from UPlay.

I bought Far Cry 3 Deluxe (digital download) from Amazon DVG. I activated key and DL'ed from UPlay - and it only had the game, not the extra goodies (i.e. Soundtrack + Survival Guide PDF) in the game-folder. I let it do the download of the entire package (game installers + Extra Content goodies folder) from Amazon DVG (while I threw on the TV and watched a movie) - just so I could grab the extra goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back