Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, damn all of you for making me consider these cheap < $0.50 games for the +1. Especially my Steam friends for filling up the activity log. I keep closing the purchase window out of [customspoiler=shame.]
2736579804_399090118_0b3215ac8c1_xlarge.jpeg

[/customspoiler]

Heads up, I just grabbed Blood of the Werewolf for a buck and it gave me $5 promotional credit for the appstore, so if anyone's got an Android, pretty solid.

Gotta use it relatively fast though, July 31st 2014.

EDIT: Wrong thread, was referring to buying the game on Amazon. You folks get it.

Heads up, I just grabbed Blood of the Werewolf for a buck and it gave me $5 promotional credit for the appstore, so if anyone's got an Android, pretty solid.

So is it on Amazon at that price or the Steam store? Kinda hard to believe that Amazon and Valve are in cahoots.

I never opted into any betas and I just got fuck ed by it.
hmmm, getting the lube out in case steam fuck s me too

Haha, damn all of you for making me consider these cheap &lt; $0.50 games for the +1. Especially my Steam friends for filling up the activity log. I keep closing the purchase window out of [customspoiler=shame.]
2736579804_399090118_0b3215ac8c1_xlarge.jpeg

[/customspoiler]
buying with steam card money is cheaper than buying the inevitable bundle with real money.

so, buy it now. :D

or this will happen to your furry little friend

mouse-cat-pray-mouth-eat-god-never-eat-your-food.jpg

EDIT: Wrong thread, was referring to buying the game on Amazon. You folks get it.
I was about to call you some bad names when the credit hadn't appeared for 15 minutes, but I just got the e-mail for the $5 App credit. And also another $1 MP3 credit..

Can confirm it works. Good deal. I'll crosspost for you.

Shame? #FakeCAG
buying with steam card money is cheaper than buying the inevitable bundle with real money.
so, buy it now. :D
or this will happen to your furry little friend

&lt;cat yawning and a mouse thinking about cheese photo&gt;
Shame was a poor choice. Ambivalence is probably more accurate, but I just tossed that out the window by picking up a handful of games I'll think about playing but really won't with GabeN currency (good call sunasun).

Also, I have no shame in posting [customspoiler=this.]

swipecart.gif
[/customspoiler]

So I really want to get the Playfirst games, especially the ones $1.25 and under, but it's just hard to believe these won't all show up in bundles soon enough.  And I could even see a Bundlestars Playfirst HOG bundle, just having all of them together.  Decisions, decisions.

So I really want to get the Playfirst games, especially the ones $1.25 and under, but it's just hard to believe these won't all show up in bundles soon enough. And I could even see a Bundlestars Playfirst HOG bundle, just having all of them together. Decisions, decisions.
Are you thinking of Strategy First? The Playfirst games aren't really on sale.

If so, I'd definitely grab the two that have Playfire rewards (Empress of the Deep 1 &amp; 2). Strategy First always has games in bundles, so it's a safe bet you'll see them in one again. Even if they're bundled though, I think it's a fairly safe bet to get the ones that are 90% off or &lt;.50. Bundling wouldn't make them much cheaper than that.

If so, I'd definitely grab the two that have Playfire rewards (Empress of the Deep 1 &amp; 2). Strategy First always has games in bundles, so it's a safe bet you'll see them in one again. Even if they're bundled though, I think it's a fairly safe bet to get the ones that are 90% off or &lt;.50. Bundling wouldn't make them much cheaper than that.
I'm still feeling uncertain about these two specifically because of bundle-buyer's remorse. It looks like SF recently got a metric-crapton of HOG and adventure games on Steam (greenlit?), and because SF stuff has historically been ridiculously cheap (and highly variable in quality) I don't know if I want to shell out for them or wait.

Yup, that's what I meant. Those are my feelings as well, I think they're just trolling before the inevitable bundle/bundling.

Every time I come back to Marvel Heroes when I get one of those weekly emails about the "super free stuff you can get for playing this weekend," it looks like an epileptic's worst nightmare with an overly-confusing interface, so I spend a couple of minutes piddling around trying to remember what person or thing I have to find to get to a place where I'm supposed to be questing, can't find it, and quit and do something else.
Cannot see how you find the interface confusing... Its built just like Diablo's. The game does play a hell of allot quicker than anything I've played in the loot/hack genre.

My biggest problem with the game is that they add shit/change stuff weekly that if you don't keep up you'll log in to see all of your hero's build has been whipped clean and you have to rebuild them. And if you care to have a powerful build you pretty much have to go to a forum to find one. (There's no easy way to test stuff as once you commit you commit and retcon devices are not free.)

I usually just log in and feel very tired all of a sudden.

Wait, they changed things from the comics!? In a television adaptation!!?
Yup, but considering the ones most likely looking forward to it are those fans there pretty much this shooting themselves in the foot... Undoubtedly, changes are going to happen, it is expected (as you sarcastically pointed out), but you have to show some reverence to the source material or your going to alienate the people most likely to watch.

Not that it much matters... Its on Fox, its as good as cancelled already.

Multiple people on my friendslist purchased World Basketball Manager 2010 today.

You people have no shame.
In my defense Valve gave it to me. I got it from crafting coal. Coal would have been better.

lol... "Las Angiles Lekers"
thats-racist.gif

(I tried to find and animated Donald Sterling gif but was too lazy to make one)

You're gonna make be buy the $1.25 hidden object crap, aren't you?
fk3acx.jpg

I noticed that too. Also works on boxed retail apparently. Some people on Reddit posted about Godfather II by EA for the PC cheap for 5 'dollar on Amazon and apparently it activates to Origin even though they don't sell it anymore.

Oh and isn't Blood of the Werewolf on Amazon that crappy Telltale DRM?

*channels my inner squirrel*

Wrote up a little review for Fistful of Frags. Such a fun game.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/idiotekque/recommended/265630
I have more games than you!

*waits for you to get self righteous and indignant*

To think he was the old Bobbytastic wide eyed console refugee newb at one point

You guys do realize that new Strategy First games haven't been bundled in a long time right? There might be a reason for that..
Not listening. LA LA LA LA LA LA.

In my defense Valve gave it to me. I got it from crafting coal. Coal would have been better.

thats-racist.gif

(I tried to find and animated Donald Sterling gif but was too lazy to make one)

fk3acx.jpg

I noticed that too. Also works on boxed retail apparently. Some people on Reddit posted about Godfather II by EA for the PC cheap for 5 'dollar on Amazon and apparently it activates to Origin even though they don't sell it anymore.

Not listening. LA LA LA LA LA LA.
arent u talke the wolf among us this is the indie game lol

Cannot see how you find the interface confusing... Its built just like Diablo's. The game does play a hell of allot quicker than anything I've played in the loot/hack genre.

I usually just log in and feel very tired all of a sudden.
d1IhMC6.png

You're talking about the big circles and quickbar buttons at the bottom. I'm talking about every other bit and bob on the screen: the six pull-out menus, the inventory screen with its own 30 buttons that do different things, etc. And I was alluding to the fact that there seem to be three NPCs for every function that normally are handled by one in other MMOs like currency trading, item-selling, transport to different zones, et cetera. If you spend a little bit of time playing, as I did, and step away for months, as I did, it's quite perplexing. Also I'm old.

And there are usually 500 different players logged in when I log in and all of them are saying something and at least 120 of them look exactly alike.

But I agree with that last statement.

EDIT: And this is all also probably true of pretty much any MMO unless you dedicate yourself to it in a way that I pretty much never have with anything except LOTRO.

Blood of the Werewolf is available to download off Amazon, I think, but the purchase also includes a Steam key, which Enhanced Steam tells me there's no additional launcher.

Also, fixed. :bouncy:

EDIT: And this is all also probably true of pretty much any MMO unless you dedicate yourself to it in a way that I pretty much never have with anything except LOTRO.
I get what your talking about now... Yeah, no real argument from me any of that... as for it being true across all MMOs... I don't know I don't really play them but I feel its got to be worse with Gazillion. They have the habit of making changes. Aka that gear vendor might be so and so today but be someone else a month later... and there locations have been known to change about too.

Not that it matters but there's one person for each function at each hub... and some extras scattered about.

I'm pretty sure the fact you continue to bring this up months later, and that I was never mad in the first place shows that I'm not the one holding onto a grudge here.

Here's why you shouldn't buy games from g2a and steer clear of unauthorized key resellers in general.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/statuses/466577590606520320

Because tweet embedding can be finicky:

@devolver said:

"Devolver Digital games purchased on @G2A_com are not legitimate, not guaranteed, and not supported. We are actively canceling those keys.

Devolver Digital will not cancel active products gamers own but cannot guarantee delivery/authenticity of keys from unauthorized retailers.

To clarify, we'd never cancel a game someone purchased - it is not the gamers fault. We aim to cancel unused keys obtained fraudulently."

Here's why you shouldn't buy games from g2a and steer clear of unauthorized key resellers in general.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/statuses/466577590606520320

Because tweet embedding can be finicky:

@devolver said:

"Devolver Digital games purchased on @G2A_com are not legitimate, not guaranteed, and not supported. We are actively canceling those keys.

Devolver Digital will not cancel active products gamers own but cannot guarantee delivery/authenticity of keys from unauthorized retailers.

To clarify, we'd never cancel a game someone purchased - it is not the gamers fault. We aim to cancel unused keys obtained fraudulently."
Interesting. I always assumed G2A was just mostly buying bundles and reselling the keys.

Also, got my Spice Road key today via email. Worked fine so they were very quick about it.

Do you have to request a key from the dev or something for this? I think I have this from an IR.
I think if you have it from IR you can pull it directly from Desura. I had it from groupees so I had to install the game partly, then get my "CD Key" from desura, then input the CD Key into the special steam key redemption site, then got a Steam key which was invalid so I then had to email them and they emailed me a new key.

Two questions:

1) Is this a good deal or should I wait for $5 GOTY?

2) If I didn't like FTL (and I'm leaning in that direction), will I not like Desktop Dungeons?

1) Is this a good deal or should I wait for $5 GOTY?
Good deal, yes. But, the DLC is pretty decent. I like Corvo's story in the base game better, but prefer Daud's combat in the DLC. And Dunwall City trials is a good place to play around with abilities and play styles you may not have tried in the main game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back