Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, we have started similar promotion for our on-rails shooter Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, more info on the Steam Greenlight Page.
I'm sure all of you read that part and raced off to vote and join the group so you won't have to be sad when the game is greenlit and keys get sent out, but just in case you didn't read the text and need links, you vote here and join this group.

www.teyon.com/steam/robotrescuecodes

Doing it right (Free Robot Rescue keys)

Just login with steam account no email bs.

We have been quiet for a while working on the Steam version of Robot Rescue and it's almost ready!

Coding is all done (with Steam Cloud, Leaderboards, Achievements and Trading Cards), but we would like to ask you to be patient for a little while longer. We are waiting for ESRB, PEGI and USK ratings required to release the game (I think we should have them within 2-3 weeks). Your Steam codes however are already generated and accessable here:http://www.teyon.com/steam/robotrescuecodes
They will work as soon as the game is released.

By the way, we have started similar promotion for our on-rails shooter Heavy Fire: Afghanistan, more info on the Steam Greenlight Page.

Thank you for your support and patience!
Man, somehow missed out on this. Hope it gets bundled soon. They are doing the same thing for HEavy Fire Afghanistan so I went ahead and joined that group and voted yes.

It doesn't work. Spoder already tried inviting me cause he's a nice guy.

Edit: Wow, when did the Twisted Sisters DLC go on sale? $0.94 sounds like a great deal for it.

Edit: Wow, when did the Twisted Sisters DLC go on sale? $0.94 sounds like a great deal for it.
Not sure I'll ever play this game, but that's cheap and I wanna use up my steam wallet.

Wait is this thing stand-alone? I'm so confused right now. Yeap it's a stand alone game.

It doesn't work. Spoder already tried inviting me cause he's a nice guy.

yeah, if you don't have that dlc, buy it. really good deal. plus it has cards, so it ends up being closer to around 50-65 cents in the end

Curious about this as well since it was in that Mojam Humble Bundle and they pulled that 'Oh this is the deluxe/different/special/more bonusy/you-don't-get-a-Steam-key-so-STFU edition' shit. Those jam bundles are lame but I feel like if something actually does come out of one of them then the people who contributed should get it.
If you contributed you did get the game. They never promised to develop the games beyond the Mojam. They stated clearly that you'd get to play what came out of the Mojam. It wasn't a store, it was a charity effort. Nobody got any money from the donations, other than the charities. The other option would be that they simply let the game die after that. I preferred them making it into a full fledged game and it is shaping up to be a great game. It's already excellent. I think it's worth the money, but to each their own. But know that you aren't getting a bargain by buying now. The price is going to be lower than $12.99 when it's released. They state that in the description. You're paying to help them develop it and to get early access to it.

Since you're all useless at investigating, I e-mailed DailyIndieGame support myself, yesterday. :p

Here's the reply I just got:

Hello Bobby,

I am cc-ing the developer of Data Hacker Corruption to answer this question.

So apparently, even DailyIndieGame doesn't know. :whistle2:k

That's all, huh. I was hoping for some more next-gen'ish features, like motion blur or depth of field to spruce things up a little.
To my untrained eyes (I'm playing through it right now), that is the single biggest difference. Snake may be correct about the lighting, but I'd need to see side-by-sides to really say.

Edit: DoF is mainly only noticeable in the cut scenes, but I'm pretty sure that option was there prior to the DC.

Since you're all useless at investigating, I e-mailed DailyIndieGame support myself, yesterday. :p

Here's the reply I just got:

Hello Bobby,

I am cc-ing the developer of Data Hacker Corruption to answer this question.

So apparently, even DailyIndieGame doesn't know. :whistle2:k
Those morans.

You guys are buying CEs wrong. Buy them on clearance, like I do. I have a sealed Starcraft 2 CE that I bought for $25 ;)
Here's to hoping Josh will do Dragon Age: Inquisition - Expensive' Collector's Ed (MSRP at $170) [Retail] for $30. ;)

EDIT:

You guys are buying CEs wrong. Buy them on clearance, like I do. I have a sealed Starcraft 2 CE that I bought for $25 ;)
That's normally how I buy CEs, as well - if I don't own the game already.

I normally wait for clearance.

I have a few of them PC CE's from Retail. Not sure if this all of them, but here's a few of them:
Prey CE; Fallout 3 CE; Hellgate London CE; Age of Conan CE; LOTRO CE.

3rd-party DRM: TAGES™
3 machine activation limit

Steam pls.

Got it for preordering Tropico 5 on uplay, but it was russian only :(

But no tages.

Edit :

paywuw is having new bundle on monday:

cant be worse than banner saga bundle

https://www.paywuw.com/

steraf02

Motion Blur? Depth of Field? ...as "next-gen" features.

<PC Gaming Mistress Skitty laughs>
Depth of field is the worst. We have all these things to make the image sharper and clearer and then some dev puts vaseline on the lens. If it was a nearsightedness simulator, I'd understand.

To my untrained eyes (I'm playing through it right now), that is the single biggest difference. Snake may be correct about the lighting, but I'd need to see side-by-sides to really say.

Edit: DoF is mainly only noticeable in the cut scenes, but I'm pretty sure that option was there prior to the DC.
Motion Blur? Depth of Field? ...as "next-gen" features.

<PC Gaming Mistress Skitty laughs>
The 2600 didn't have any of those features. The next-gen horizon is ever so sunny.
Hope it works with my voodoo 2 card.

I posted about it yesterday, but I suppose this is further confirmation nobody reads my posts.
ftfy

Depth of field is the worst. We have all these things to make the image sharper and clearer and then some dev puts vaseline on the lens. If it was a nearsightedness simulator, I'd understand.
^ This. Depth of Field, Motion Blur, excessive BLOOOOOOOOOM... all of it is awful.

soudns lyk a sertin bobbifly neds a spnasy

Edit:

Two Assassin's Creeds this year? Jesus. While I don't mind the series, even enjoy it to an extent, this is just ridiculous. That will make 8 full fledged titles. Although, the idea of playing as a Templar is interesting.
Wowsers @ 2 AC's in one year.

Wowsers @ 10 studios working on AC: Unity.

How the hell am I supposed to keep up w/ all of this?

I ain't bought AC4: Black Flag yet; and I ain't even touched AC: Liberation.

Mass Effect Trilogy (Origin) Giveaway

Requirement:

A) Be a registered CAG prior to November 2013

AND

B) Have at least 200 posts OR at least 250 likes

If you qualify, to enter PM me with the subject "Mass Effect Trilogy - my number", where my number is your number guess between 1 and 1000.  I'll use a random number generator to pick the winner.  If your number is already selected, I'll reply to let you know to pick again.  The closest pick will win.  I'll pick the winner at 10PM ET (just over 2 hours from now). 

The winning number was 720...

^_^ Yep. Remember that muddy fog that used to be used to hide short draw distances?

The bigger problem is that DoF arises from limitations in optics. It can be used well creatively by photographers and cinematographers to direct the viewer's eye. However when in general use in a game engine the net result is negative because (1) there is no creative vision guiding it's use and (2) while I'm running around I'm used to seeing though my own eyes without massive blurring.

Devs who let you select a platform during beta sign-up that they're not even holding a beta for, really piss me off. Especially when they end up releasing a version for that platform at release anyways.

Wowsers @ 2 AC's in one year.

Wowsers @ 10 studios working on AC: Unity.

How the hell am I supposed to keep up w/ all of this?

I ain't bought AC4: Black Flag yet; and I ain't even touched AC: Liberation.
You can probably skip Unity and not miss anything. Ten studios for one game, that doesn't sound good.

Origin is the devil. Sadly I will have to install it if I want to play Garden Warfare.
If I wanted to play Garden Warfare I'd go outside and yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back