Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably curse a lot more than a healthy amount (maybe it's a NY thing). If you think my rate on here is bad, I had a phone call with a friend yesterday who hates cursing, and despite my best efforts not to, I slipped up about 10 times. I'm terrible. :wall:
I hardly type the curse words that would normally accompany my thoughts/words... Sort of a permanent record thing.

Anyone interested in shmups...

Crimzon Clover

http://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/
this-fat-furry-fella-looks-as-if-it-s-been-squirreling-away-too-many-nuts-for-the-winter-pic-solent-667193657.jpg

So, I heard if u can activate your uplay code for Watch Dogs now and play it. Anyone try it yet? 

I might bite on Collapse for $5, love me dem weird russian games.

Any impressions on Always Sometimes Monsters?

i just noticed Super Street Fighter 4 has Steam achievements now, and looking at the forums they say GFWL/Origin/retail keys can be activated on Steam. It's still GFWL but looks they're finally going to make the switch soon.

[Barbed and slightly smug comment about the NHS]

Sad to hear about TB. Hopefully he can use his influence to spread some awareness about his illness. It's not something that, from my perspective, is widely known about.

To balance out the sombre tone of the above, I'd like to give Paper Sorceror a thumbs up. It's in the $1 tier for the current Humble Daily Bundle.

It's a fun class(?) RPG which has you as an evil sorceror trying to escape the book you've been imprisoned in. There's no huge gameplay breakthroughs here but I've enjoyed a couple of hours with it.

Also, I've been streaming Steam to my iPad with Splashtop (which is on sale I think?). Needs more testing, but Steam on iPad is something that definitely appeals to me.

I'd get Skyrim for $5, but I hear the DLCs by themselves always get crappy discounts. Better to just wait for a good price on Legendary, right?
I think the answer is in the screenshot... (Hint: Look at the DLC prices.)

Now, I'm not one to flipout and say publishers need to discount DLC more than they do... but when you can buy a bundle (Skyrim Legendary Edition) with all the DLC cheaper than you can the individual DLC than something is amiss.

Edit: Oops! Forgot :newbie: ...

I think the answer is in the screenshot... (Hint: Look at the DLC prices.)

Now, I'm not one to flipout and say publishers need to discount DLC more than they do... but when you can buy a bundle (Skyrim Legendary Edition) with all the DLC cheaper than you can the individual DLC than something is amiss.
The friggin house DLC, which is the one with by far the one with the least content, is nearly what they are selling that huge ass game with like 200+ hours of content for. And the other ones are more. fuck Bethesda.

I mean yeah @ $5 to use an ESL-ism 'you will get sick :puke: before you run out of content' so it's a great deal in terms of value but if you think you might ever want the DLC then it would be better to wait.

Then again, if the DLC did find its way to your hard drive somehow, not the I of course would suggest such a thing, it doesn't run any checks through Steam at all and basically just works like a mod so the game will run it without having to use any cracks or shenanigans. Hypothetically, of course.

The friggin house DLC, which is the one with by far the one with the least content, is nearly what they are selling that huge ass game with like 200+ hours of content for. And the other ones are more. fuck Bethesda.

I mean yeah @ $5 to use an ESL-ism 'you will get sick :puke: before you run out of content' so it's a great deal in terms of value but if you think you might ever want the DLC then it would be better to wait.
If it makes you feel any better I cannot bring myself to even buy the Legendary Edition when its on sale for $19.99 (I don't have either) ever since I saw the Anthology for 29.99 on Amazon during the BF... Waiting for that deal to dupe and.or get better. (I only have Oblivion.)

If it makes you feel any better I cannot bring myself to even buy the Legendary Edition when its on sale for $19.99 (I don't have either) ever since I saw the Anthology for 29.99 on Amazon during the BF... Waiting for that deal to dupe and.or get better. (I only have Oblivion.)
Wow. It's only $40. Why did I think it was more expensive than that?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-Anthology-Pc/dp/B00E9I1FPI

Nevermind then. I own 0 Elder Scrolls games for PC, I'll just wait for another sale on this.

Just so you know, it includes a Steam key for Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY and Skyrim Legendary. But all three games come as ONE key.

Just so you know, it includes a Steam key for Morrowind GotY, Oblivion GotY and Skyrim Legendary. But all three games come as ONE key.
For the Anthology? I think you are wrong. Cause lots of people bought it when it was a gold box deal for cheap, and selling off the keys for Morrowind and Oblivion.

Wow. It's only $40. Why did I think it was more expensive than that?

http://www.amazon.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-Anthology-Pc/dp/B00E9I1FPI

Nevermind then. I own 0 Elder Scrolls games for PC, I'll just wait for another sale on this.

It was 79.99 when it came out... Looks like a new MSRP as it was 59.99 for a long time even at Best Buys and Wal-Marts.

And. frankly, considering the value I think the one key is fairly reasonable.

Now, its your turn... GS has Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade for 7.49 and Amazon has Injustice: Complete for 7.50 and I need either someone to convince me to buy them or to pass on them...

Skip the Skyrim DLC.  All it does is add some new plot/areas and gives you an additional "random" encounter that appears every 15 minutes.  More annoying than fun.  Also, there are thousands of mods that don't require the DLC.  I cranked out almost 700 hours in the basegame before buying the DLC, only played sparingly since.

Hearthfire is okay, but there is no shortage of player homes you can get off the nexus or workshop.

Skip the Skyrim DLC. All it does is add some new plot/areas and gives you an additional "random" encounter that appears every 15 minutes. More annoying than fun. Also, there are thousands of mods that don't require the DLC. I cranked out almost 700 hours in the basegame before buying the DLC, only played sparingly since.

Hearthfire is okay, but there is no shortage of player homes you can get off the nexus or workshop.
But if you're an old fart and long for the Morrowind days then you kind of need Dragonborn.

For the Anthology? I think you are wrong. Cause lots of people bought it when it was a gold box deal for cheap, and selling off the keys for Morrowind and Oblivion.
I've read several reviews/answered questions that say it's just one key/activation code.

And then there's this comment on the Bethesda Blog from one of their staff:

gstaff said on Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 11:51 am :
The discs are the same as the original discs, so Skyrim uses Steam, Oblivion has a disc check, etc, etc.

Worth noting, we made it so the Steam key for Skyrim also unlocks Morowind/Oblivion GOTY.

The Oblivion GOTY is the Deluxe Edition as well.

No one played with me :(
I would have if I could, blame spoder.

Any impressions on Always Sometimes Monsters?
It's a really interesting game, but not what it looks like or says it is. It's hard to describe because a lot of the story is made up of your own choices, but essentially it's about one person going across the country to find their place in the world. It sounds really corny I know, but the writing is so raw and relatable that it's easy to connect with the characters you meet (or rightly hate some of them), and after 5 hours I'm more invested in my character than most 50+ hour RPGs have managed (I haven't actually finished the game yet though, it's looking to be around 9-10h). If you enjoyed games like To The Moon and can get over the lack of traditional gameplay (there's some here but it's all secondary to the narrative) than I can definitely recommend it based on what I've played. It's could use some work here and there, but the core is extremely strong and not something you see many games attempt.

i just noticed Super Street Fighter 4 has Steam achievements now, and looking at the forums they say GFWL/Origin/retail keys can be activated on Steam. It's still GFWL but looks they're finally going to make the switch soon.
Yes!!

GS has Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade for 7.49 and Amazon has Injustice: Complete for 7.50 and I need either someone to convince me to buy them or to pass on them...
Well, there's an Ultimate version of Street Fighter 4 coming, so you could always hold out for that. SF4 is excellent though and if you're a fan of the series there's a lot to like.

Injustice is a lot more similar to Mortal Kombat. I'm not a huge fan of the fighting mechancis of MK, but I love the DC characters so I bought it.

I was going to have to laugh if you missed it again this time.
lol. I've been on the prowl since! What a fantastic experience. Wouldn't really even call it a game. I still need to go back and see if there are more things to witness that I missed in my first couple of hours. The only negative is that after all is said and done, it's still criminally short. But for a script this complex, I can see why it was so short.

Just a heads-up on anyone wanting to buy SSFIV: Arcade.

The Ultra Edition drops on August 8th for $30 (same MSRP as SSFIV Arcade), with the upgrade to Ultra costing $15.

The $30 Ultra Edition also will come with all costume DLC previously available, which is currently in a pack for $14.99 (if you care about that sort of thing).

I have a nagging doubt that the upgrade to Ultra DLC will be less likely to see sales than Ultra itself, so I'm gonna hold off 'till Ultra sees a sale (preferably on GMG).

The $30 Ultra Edition also will come with all costume DLC previously available, which is currently in a pack for $14.99 (if you care about that sort of thing)
Note: The upgrade does not come with the DLC...

Well, there's an Ultimate version of Street Fighter 4 coming, so you could always hold out for that. SF4 is excellent though and if you're a fan of the series there's a lot to like.

Injustice is a lot more similar to Mortal Kombat. I'm not a huge fan of the fighting mechancis of MK, but I love the DC characters so I bought it.
Yeah, I know I should wait... I mean I've waited this long for it a few more months isn't going to kill me... I cannot even be sure I'll play it between now and then even though I;m really getting that itch.

Pretty much my thoughts on the MK series... I like allot of the character designs... Just not so much of a fan of the mechanics. It just seem/feels clunky/predictable compared to SFII/IV. I did fire up and play Mortal Kombat Complete (MK9) this morning after picking it up cheaply at Humble the other day...

The scary as sh!t thing is... that I only did four quick matches on their ladder thing... Yet, I pulled off two fatalities with Sub Zero... One was a level specific fatality so I think that one was just a simple button push... The other was Sub Zero's real fatality. I don't know his fatality anymore. (And I don't think I ever pulled one off on the 360 version, Base game only.) Either there's a one button option, I got stupid lucky, or my PC is possessed.

Anyhow, I'll likely just pick up Injustice... Its a really great price and there's something really enjoyable in bitch slapping Superman... :D

Note: The upgrade does not come with the DLC...
My bad, I tried to imply it, but I should have deliberately stated so.

Re: MK9. MK9: Komplete and Injustice are definitely clunkier in comparison to SSFIV and MvC3. It's still a lot of fun (specifically with the visceral effects), but there's a noticeable speed change in gameplay between the two developers (Netherrealm vs. Capcom). But if you think SSFIV is fast, try comparing it to Blazblue or a regular Guilty Gear (not Isuka).

I'm still happy it's on Steam, and 75% off on each is a good discount, especially if you want to support the idea of fighting games getting PC ports. The fighting game selection on Steam right now is so bad it doesn't even have it's own genre option on the drop-down list, and the tag "Fighting" only pulls up 31 games... several of which are only beat-em ups or are F2P or just don't belong (Sleeping Dogs? Arkham City? Arkham Origins?)

Really, the main fighting games on Steam are:

King of Fighters XIII

Injustice

MK9: Komplete/MK Kollection

SSFIV Regular/Arcade/Ultra

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

Street Fighter x Tekken

Divekick

Skullgirls

That's only 8 titles. It's not terrible, but it's not very good either.

King of Fighters XIII

Injustice

Street Fighter x Tekken

Divekick

Skullgirls
What about that expensive $50 Koei game?

Also Naruto is almost more of a long ass RPG with fighting game style combat than just a fighting game.

Awesome that SSF4AEIOU got achievements; sucks that it happened after I uninstalled. Wonder how many other GFWL games will get the chvs ported over to Steam before and after they pull the plug. S'why I'm holding off on playing GTA4.

Anyone have experience with the multiplayer part of Injustice? If it's anything like MK9's then it's simply not worth it because I can count on one hand the number of complete matches I've played w/o disconnecting, and even then the lag is so bad, I can't pull off any of the combos I use in single-player. Of course, MK9's SP stuff is fantastic and there's tons to do, so it's not like it's a deal-breaker; just curious.

What about that expensive $50 Koei game?

Also Naruto is almost more of a long ass RPG with fighting game style combat than just a fighting game.
The only Koei game I can find is Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z which is not a fighting game.

That's true of Naruto in the Story Mode, but the meat of the game is in the MP which is that of a fighting game.

The only Koei game I can find is Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z which is not a fighting game.

That's true of Naruto in the Story Mode, but the meat of the game is in the MP which is that of a fighting game.
Dynasty Warriors 8.

You made me get off my ass and look it up. :p

Also the meat of Naruto for me is the long ass RPG-ish campaign with a ton of Anime scenes because I am antisocial and don't play with other people online.

Dynasty Warriors 8.

You made me get off my ass and look it up. :p

Also the meat of Naruto for me is the long ass RPG-ish campaign with a ton of Anime scenes because I am antisocial and don't play with other people online.
Shit. Forgot about that.

On Steam it's not listed under the publisher for some reason...

Dynasty Warriors is more of a beat 'em up/hack-and-slash, I think. And I guess I'm the only one who fights AI in Naruto's MP? Good to know. :p

Tbh, I don't think I've played anyone online in Full Burst, just local. But I guess the PC port doesn't have local MP as an option?

Edit: This goes without saying, but Daily Deal sucks.

King of Fighters XIII

Injustice

Street Fighter x Tekken

Divekick

Skullgirls

That's only 8 titles. It's not terrible, but it's not very good either.
I think you need to consider other fighting games that don't look like traditional Street Fighter games. Games like Nidhogg, Blade Symphony and Chivalry are just as competitive as the ones on your list, to name just a few.

Dynasty Warriors is more of a beat 'em up, I think. And I guess I'm the only one who fights AI in Naruto's MP? Good to know. :p

Tbh, I don't think I've played anyone online in Full Burst, just local. But I guess the PC port doesn't have local MP as an option?
I actually did use the fighting mode against AI in Naruto because I suck at those sorts of games and I want to get through the story campaign so I used it for practice. It helps. :)

I think you need to consider other fighting games that don't look like traditional Street Fighter games. Games like Nidhogg, Blade Symphony and Chivalry are just as competitive as the ones on your list, to name just a few.
I don't think the competitive aspect is what most people define a fighting game by, which is usually 1v1/2v2 combo based fighting on a fixed plane.

I don't think the competitive aspect is what most people define a fighting game by, which is usually 1v1/2v2 combo based fighting on a fixed plane.
Nidhogg is 1v1 (fixed plane), Blade Symphony is 1v1 or 2v2, and Chivalry is anywhere from 1v1 to 16v16.

I don't get the qualifier about fighting on a fixed plane though. Aren't fighting games like Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive based on free movement around an entire arena?

I considered adding titles like Nidhogg or Vanguard Princess or Blade Symphony or Toribash, but I didn't think they had the following to be considered "main" (otherwise I'd have to list every fighting game I could find on Steam). Has nothing to do with similarity to SF. Naruto plays completely different than SF, for example.

Don't know if I'd consider Chivalry a fighting game though. I mean, I guess if it has the ability to be 1v1, but it's first-person.

Nidhogg is 1v1 (fixed plane), Blade Symphony is 1v1 or 2v2, and Chivalry is anywhere from 1v1 to 16v16.

I don't get the qualifier about fighting on a fixed plane though. Aren't fighting games like Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter and Dead or Alive based on free movement around an entire arena?
Fixed plane only makes it a 2D fighter (Street Fighter, MvC) instead of a 3D fighter (Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter, DoA).

That's not why I left them out of the list.

Holy crap, I forgot all about this series. Talk about needing a PC/Steam release.
Same with Tekken. Naruto was Namco-Bandai's first fighting game on PC, iirc. I think they took one of their smaller fighting game series to get their feet wet with a PC release. I'm going to assume it sold well on PC because the sequel (Ninja Storm Revolution) is seeing a simultaneous launch with the console versions (whereas the PC port of Ninja Storm 3 only came a significant amount of time after the console versions). This may very well open the door for future non-F2P Tekkens and Soul Caliburs to see PC versions finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back