Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I do. I use a gaming laptop, sat on the reclining loveseat, a thin hardback book under my mouse pad sat on the drink holder/armrest. The other cup holder's free for my drink.

It's a pretty sweet setup if I do say so myself.

Which I do.
Fancy cat. That sounds much more impressive than a beanbag & a suitable-height moving box.

Thank goodnees. Long live Mass Effect!

That's what I do. I use a gaming laptop, sat on the reclining loveseat, a thin hardback book under my mouse pad sat on the drink holder/armrest. The other cup holder's free for my drink.

It's a pretty sweet setup if I do say so myself.

Which I do.
I enjoy gaming from my recliner too, unfortunately my laptop is a POS that can barely run any games. But when it does, it's an awesome set-up. :mrgreen:

Pretty asinine complaints, such as accidentally hacking the wrong thing (the game clearly shows what you're hacking before you push the button), accidentally getting into the wrong cover spot, and how the invasion and tailing open world game modes are based on "luck" depending on where you are and if the person you're tailing gets in a fast vehicle and gets away.

It's not a review of course, it's a "Wot I Think", but 90% of the guy's complaints are him blaming his own difficulties with the game on shoddy controls and blaming his losses in two-player game modes on "luck". I played enough of the game, hacking system, cover system, and two-player game modes included, to know that the controls are more than acceptable, even if they take a little bit of getting used to.

Articles like that are why I don't bother reading the "big" gaming sites these days. Terrible complaints from a newbie player who clearly isn't very good at the game and is blaming his failures on the game and not himself. I'll agree that the game has limitations that can be annoying, but such is video games in the modern era.

Articles like that are why I don't bother reading the "big" gaming sites these days. Terrible complaints from a newbie player who clearly isn't very good at the game and is blaming his failures on the game and not himself. I'll agree that the game has limitations that can be annoying, but such is video games in the modern era.
Watching some gameplay videos on Youtube is usually a much better way to figure out if you'll like a game or not than relying on reviews nowadays. Between incompetent (often biased) reviewers and bribes going around sometimes, it's just a much better idea to form your own opinion instead of listening to reviews from people you don't personally know.

Watching some gameplay videos on Youtube is usually a much better way to figure out if you'll like a game or not than relying on reviews nowadays. Between incompetent (often biased) reviewers and bribes going around sometimes, it's just a much better idea to form your own opinion instead of listening to reviews from people you don't personally know.
Definitely. And I mean, there ARE things that reviewers can pinpoint and be accurate about, by all means, but when you sit down and your "expert impressions" consist almost entirely of "I had a hard time with the controls and people beat me online cuz they lucked out" I don't even know how these guys are getting paid to write articles on some of the most popular gaming sites around.

I have a friend who's an occasional gamer, and he texted me to say that he's been playing Watch_____Dogs since 10am this morning. He's hooked on it and wouldn't stop yaddering on about it.

Different things please different people. If you didn't buy a first class ticket on the Hype Express, you'll probably enjoy it for what it is.

The world's still turning, chaps.

:whee:

So I caved on the mouse because the last time I bought one was 6 years ago (I have no idea where it is, wireless mouse) and I'm about to receive a GPU from a very generous chap for shipping costs, so why not?

How much of a headache is getting the rebate? It's just a prepaid VISA, right?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/300900/

This was in bundles,

I wonder if we get keys.

Or Scumbags
i0bWzo1.jpg

Crap. I forgot about IGS this weekend and missed Soul Gambler.

I've been reading this Diablo III discussion but I've withheld my remarks up to this point. However, like MysterD, I got the game during the TRU closeout $10 deal as a PM via Best Buy so I didn't have a lot of financial stake involved in it--and that's how I wanted it, because it was intriguing enough to buy but not at anything even remotely approaching MSRP because I didn't care for the first two. The only "Diablo"-style ARPGs in recent memory that I played and actually enjoyed enough to finish were Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege II. For the most part, the idea of grinding monsters and looting them for stuff for its own sake doesn't hold much appeal for me. Diablo II seemed to be a very well-designed and constructed game experience but it was rather boring.

Diablo III had enough story and character to draw me in despite the mechanics of the game so I played my Wizard up through the end of the story mode--once. Yep, I got to somewhere in the low 30s. To me, that's beating Diablo III. I have no desire to go back and replay the same content with harder monsters and more gemgaws solely for sake of having fancier doodads and new skills. Also I rarely play with other sentient lifeforms so the multiplayer's not a draw either.
IIRC, 18 hours on first playthrough of D3.

Did I like the game? Hell yes - even despite my issues w/ the game, it's still good.

Did I love it? NOPE. No way. Far from loving it.

On the other hand - while I never finished games like Diablo 2 and TQ - they are still games that every now and then, I just will certainly hop into and bang around. The loot-addiction; leveling-up; stat-tinkering; and the difficulty I've always had w/ those 2 games - those are what keep me coming back here and there.

Why should I have to start back to the beginning w/ a new char w/ more difficulty; same char w/ more difficulty - just to get what the dev's "supposedly" intended, w/ me replaying the living crap out of a game?

I'm sorry - but I'm not one of those Diablo fans that live playing just THAT ONE game for a good portion of my time and life. I normally play a game; then move onto the next game.

If the dev's want me to replay the hell out of a game - make it 5-10 hours tops...or shorter. Maybe then, I'll think of running through a campaign numerous times on different difficulties; and pound for more loot, equipment, skills, etc - and that's probably a big maybe, though.

Pretty asinine complaints, such as accidentally hacking the wrong thing (the game clearly shows what you're hacking before you push the button), accidentally getting into the wrong cover spot, and how the invasion and tailing open world game modes are based on "luck" depending on where you are and if the person you're tailing gets in a fast vehicle and gets away.

It's not a review of course, it's a "Wot I Think", but 90% of the guy's complaints are him blaming his own difficulties with the game on shoddy controls and blaming his losses in two-player game modes on "luck". I played enough of the game, hacking system, cover system, and two-player game modes included, to know that the controls are more than acceptable, even if they take a little bit of getting used to.

he needs cylon take over mysterd take over his brains hehe

not true. everybody likes all of the same things. those things are:

- Lost Planet

- GMG Pirates

- Lazy "retro" art styles

- The finale to Battlestar Galactica

- 14 days of bundles

- Spanky
1 yes

2. no comment

3. idk

4. noo

5. hahah

6. good tebow student

I'm sure they'll be selling the Steam Machine controller separately. If I can just use it at my desktop, I'll be sold.
I find myself reaching for the controller whenever I can. I still prefer m/k for some genres, but it's just so darn comfortable to kick back and relax while you game.

I've been using a 360 controller because it just seems to work with everything without any fuss, but I'm definitely going to check out whatever Valve cooks up. I'm sure compatibility will be good and I'm curious to see how it performs stuff that typically works best with m/k.

I've already got 30 hours in it and I've just done the singleplayer parts. I played through it countless times years ago and it's still fun.

Sounds like your review of CS:GO
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Sounds like your review of CS:GO
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png
Not really. I don't claim to have played the game enough to be an expert, but I didn't sit down and call it bad by saying "It's too hard and I don't like the controls", I said some really hard to refute statements about how dated it is, insistent on sticking to the old purist FPS mechanics, how it's plagued by camping and is a game that has done nothing to combat that flaw (yes, I believe a game that rewards camping is a big flaw), etc.

My Steam recommendation of it is honestly a joke and is supposed to be snarky and short though, if that's what you're referring to. I left my detailed assessment of the game on the forums a while back. I did sink 5 hours or so into a game I absolutely abhorred, so while I'm no expert, I know quite well enough how the game plays and feels.

So update on that Defiance Ultimate Version(PC) . . . I got it without a single hitch! Went in, bought it with no hassle, box was in decent shape with inner box sealed and bag inside. Redeemed the code just fine as well. One of the few times I've not had trouble with Gamestop.

On the Watch_Dogs side of things, when I walked into the Gamestop and said I was here to pick something up they got excited and said I must have been there for Watch_Dogs. Upon letting them know I wasn't one of the employees seemed genuinely sad. When I asked about how the sale of the game was going, as well as the day in general, he let me know that the day was slow and the sales were poor. They had rows full of the game and very few pre-orders. The clerk bluntly told me that he things all of the delays killed the hype of the game, as well as the actual game itself. Then he told me that of the 3 people that bought the game 2 had already returned it. Both stated that they hated the game.

Keep in mind that Watch_Dogs NEVER had my interest at all so I'm not surprised. Also keep in mind that this is one Gamestop in one small US city.

So update on that Defiance Ultimate Version(PC) . . . I got it without a single hitch! Went in, bought it with no hassle, box was in decent shape with inner box sealed and bag inside. Redeemed the code just fine as well. One of the few times I've not had trouble with Gamestop.

On the Watch_Dogs side of things, when I walked into the Gamestop and said I was here to pick something up they got excited and said I must have been there for Watch_Dogs. Upon letting them know I wasn't one of the employees seemed genuinely sad. When I asked about how the sale of the game was going, as well as the day in general, he let me know that the day was slow and the sales were poor. They had rows full of the game and very few pre-orders. The clerk bluntly told me that he things all of the delays killed the hype of the game, as well as the actual game itself. Then he told me that of the 3 people that bought the game 2 had already returned it. Both stated that they hated the game.

Keep in mind that Watch_Dogs NEVER had my interest at all so I'm not surprised. Also keep in mind that this is one Gamestop in one small US city.
Console peasants return games at GameStop all the time because GameStop suckers them into thinking they're saving so much by spending $60 on a new release, and being able to trade it in for a "special" $40 credit a couple weeks later. That sort of thing isn't exclusive to Watch Dogs.

Anybody know how to buy from Nuuvem? I want to buy the GTA IV Complete Edition from there. $4.05 is the right price for me.

Completely true, lol.

https://twitter.com/Hawk_SE/status/471179977442856960/photo/1

I'm sure the game is alright, but I'll wait however many years it takes to get it for $5.

Well I figured out things kinda but does anyone know if there would be some kind of region lock on the version of the game Nuuvem is selling?

Completely true, lol.

https://twitter.com/Hawk_SE/status/471179977442856960/photo/1

I'm sure the game is alright, but I'll wait however many years it takes to get it for $5.
If only you could buy Watch Dogs PC retail box from them; activate it on UPlay to bind it to your UPlay account; then trade the retail box back to them for $40. :p

So when's Street Fighter x Tekken getting moved to Steamworks?
Forget YCS!

I'd actually like to see that happen.

I actually have SFxT (from Origin - won it in a contest).

I could go for that being moved to Steamworks.

Same goes for any of the old Capcom games that are riddled w/ G4WL, as well.

I wonder how much can be read into, "your GFWL enabled game will still function as normal for the foreseeable future."
Isn't the July 1st date for GFWL shutdown still not publicly confirmed?

I know it was gleaned from an Age of Empires Online post, but what if it's changed?

Forget YCS!

I'd actually like to see that happen.

I actually have SFxT (from Origin - won it in a contest).

I could go for that being moved to Steamworks.

Same goes for any of the old Capcom games that are riddled w/ G4WL, as well.
Never gonna happen. SF x T is dead to Capcom. Not enough money in it.

Well I figured out things kinda but does anyone know if there would be some kind of region lock on the version of the game Nuuvem is selling?
Nuveem typically states if there is a lock, though not always. Like Ubi likes to use region free base games, but will lock DLC. This is relevent if you buy a deluxe edition of a game (like I did) and it has separate DLC keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back