Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I was bumming around Steam looking for flight sims and came across DCS World. According to the Steam store page, I already owned the game even though I didn't show up in my library. I also know I never bought it, since I'd never seen it before. I clicked play now on the Steam store page and now the game is downloading. Was this a free game or some sort of glitch?

EDIT - now it also shows up in my library all of a sudden.

More hot RTS action coming to Steam from Microsoft Studios.

header_292x136.jpg
Finally, I think that got added to the steam db at least a year ago if not more. I remember amazon tony talking about trying to get a deal on it but then it never came out

So I was bumming around Steam looking for flight sims and came across DCS World. According to the Steam store page, I already owned the game even though I didn't show up in my library. I also know I never bought it, since I'd never seen it before. I clicked play now on the Steam store page and now the game is downloading. Was this a free game or some sort of glitch?

nm I'm a dumbass. It needs 3rd party drm.

The game is F2P, you have to pay for planes and stuff.

If you stop the download and delete the game it'll go away from your library.

The game is F2P, you have to pay for planes and stuff.

If you stop the download and delete the game it'll go away from your library.
Yea for some reason I didn't think to check that before asking. Then I saw the 3rd party DRM message and assumed I needed to buy it elsewhere to play it. I wish I could blame alcohol on my state of confusion, but I'm hardly buzzed right now. I am tired though, so I'm going to blame that. :p

The functionality I require is having my two PCs & Ooma internet phone hooked up to it via ethernet, and all my mobile devices, printer, laptop, playstations hooked up via wifi, and get a signal around my whole house. I'll compare the N66 to the N56, I don't know the difference besides one being more pricey.

What I need is more range, more reliability, I was also wondering if using wireless N will give me less interference and thus better connectivity. My current router has a weak or absent signal in some rooms and is crapping out more and more often, sometimes I have to reboot the router to get it back and often having to change wifi channels to get Netflix to work.
You should get better range with Wireless N, although the drop off at distance can be significant. Without knowing how big your house is, I'd say either ASUS router would be an improvement. Plus they support Dual band, so it may improve interference issues as well.

I find this site: http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/ to be a great resource, although the amount of information can be overwhelming. Check out the router charts, most read articles and the forums. You will also find solid router reviews with detailed testing of wireless coverage.

3 card drops remaining
1 games with drops remaining
427 games eligible for booster packs

Worth Approximately $0.33

My OCD won't allow me to sit on cards for more then a few hours if I can help it.

What I need is more range, more reliability, I was also wondering if using wireless N will give me less interference and thus better connectivity. My current router has a weak or absent signal in some rooms and is crapping out more and more often, sometimes I have to reboot the router to get it back and often having to change wifi channels to get Netflix to work.
N could definitely help with range and interference. You've probably tried this as well, but if not inSSIDer software has a free trial and will tell you the strongest channel to use based on interfering signals and such.

N could definitely help with range and interference. You've probably tried this as well, but if not inSSIDer software has a free trial and will tell you the strongest channel to use based on interfering signals and such.
I tried that tonight, there were tons of networks on every channel, I can't find a clear one due to overlapping. I checked the 5ghz band and there were no networks, but I'm not sure if that's because the laptop I was using doesn't support 5ghz. I don't really know how network scanning works so I don't know if the computer has to support it to see them.

Networking has always been a weak point for me in terms of understanding and being good at it, I'm good with hardware.

I probably have a dozen or so card to idle for but I doubt they're worth more than a buck.  Bruticis needs to acquire more bundle fodder before I idle them to trade.

I probably have a dozen or so card to idle for but I doubt they're worth more than a buck. Bruticis needs to acquire more bundle fodder before I idle them to trade.
If we're calling these little transactions trades, my prices are going WAY up. 12 5 cent cards for all the free crap I throw your way isn't cutting it, pal. Shame the cards aren't worth the golden beta era prices. I think I actually paid you to card farm for me at one point.

The Forest first impressions based on a 30 minute run:

This game does not disappoint.  The way the game starts is cool and it gives a little more motivation than your typical survival game.  Game world looks cool, but still has some issues.  My first shelter was made of sticks and leaves and the leaves looked like crap.  A lot of the textures could also use some work.  Crafting is fairly straightforward and there is a Survival Guide that walks you through the basics of what you need and how to craft it.  I didn't survive long enough to forage, but I did kill a lizard and cook it and eat it.  That was cool.  The atmosphere is cool and creepy.  Combat is probably the area that could use the most work so far.  I mean, I'm sure I partially suck at it, but aiming and striking isn't nearly as accurate as it should be and that's even when chopping down trees.

Overall, I can easily say I don't regret the EA purchase.  It's a work in progress and you can definitely tell, but so far it's exactly what I was wanting/expecting.  I'll post more thoughts as I play more and hopefully survive longer to experience more of the game.  

This game does not disappoint. The way the game starts is cool and it gives a little more motivation than your typical survival game. Game world looks cool, but still has some issues. My first shelter was made of sticks and leaves and the leaves looked like crap. A lot of the textures could also use some work. Crafting is fairly straightforward and there is a Survival Guide that walks you through the basics of what you need and how to craft it. I didn't survive long enough to forage, but I did kill a lizard and cook it and eat it. That was cool. The atmosphere is cool and creepy. Combat is probably the area that could use the most work so far. I mean, I'm sure I partially suck at it, but aiming and striking isn't nearly as accurate as it should be and that's even when chopping down trees.

Overall, I can easily say I don't regret the EA purchase. It's a work in progress and you can definitely tell, but so far it's exactly what I was wanting/expecting. I'll post more thoughts as I play more and hopefully survive longer to experience more of the game.
Curious to hear more. I saw the forest some time last year and was really intrigued by the idea. I usually do not buy into early access games, but this is one that I might consider.

Now I had to try it.

313 card drops remaining
85 games with drops remaining
48 games eligible for booster packs
Worth Approximately $37.96

This game does not disappoint. The way the game starts is cool and it gives a little more motivation than your typical survival game. Game world looks cool, but still has some issues. My first shelter was made of sticks and leaves and the leaves looked like crap. A lot of the textures could also use some work. Crafting is fairly straightforward and there is a Survival Guide that walks you through the basics of what you need and how to craft it. I didn't survive long enough to forage, but I did kill a lizard and cook it and eat it. That was cool. The atmosphere is cool and creepy. Combat is probably the area that could use the most work so far. I mean, I'm sure I partially suck at it, but aiming and striking isn't nearly as accurate as it should be and that's even when chopping down trees.

Overall, I can easily say I don't regret the EA purchase. It's a work in progress and you can definitely tell, but so far it's exactly what I was wanting/expecting. I'll post more thoughts as I play more and hopefully survive longer to experience more of the game.
Can we not do this "EA" acronym for early access because for a minute I was like "Wtf The Forest is an Electronic Arts game!?"

Just found out there is a new car selling game out on EA that is based on Detroit and Motor City. It looks decent and sounds awesome and reminding me I really should find Detroit again and give another spin, thought it pretty fun the few times I played it awhile back. Games called Gear City by the way (not big on the name but ehh, not my game). Need to hunt down the demo as well. (Shame Amazon isn't selling keys, could use bing credits to get amazon credit to get it for free). 

Did a quick by-hand count of card drops/price: 

36 drops remaining

48 games eligible for booster packs

Worth around $2.18

Doesn't include some of the bundle games I haven't added to Steam yet (for example, just found I still have keys from Humble Indie Bundle 11 to redeem)

Can we not do this "EA" acronym for early access because for a minute I was like "Wtf The Forest is an Electronic Arts game!?"
Well Early Access is the only EA that counts nowadays. Plus EA is so focused on sequels it doesn't seem like it'll be an issue. Unless it is NFS, BF, DS, PvZ, Crysis, or Madden, then you can pretty much bet it's not EA. So I think people know that when I say EA I mean EA and not EA.

Aw crap it turns out PS4 doesn't support 5ghz.
Not that I know anything about the routers you're interested in (since my own is going on 6-7 years old), but if you're having issues with range, why not just get a repeater. The problem with wifi is wall penetration and the higher the frequency, while potentially carrying more data, the more susceptible to physical interference it is. There's a reason that emergency responders still operate in narrow 900MHz bands.

Apparently Console people are complaining now that PS4/XBO games have visuals that are so last generation. Welcome to our world. We've been dealing with that shit for years because developers cater to their shitty hardware.

re: Murdered Soul Suspect

It wasn't bad when I played it at PAX East.. You're not missing anything if you want to wait.

Felt like Beyond:Two Souls, where it had a specific story to tell, linear in direction, graphics weren't that great on a PS4(definite cross-gen in appearance) and it felt annoying when trying to get details out of of body swapping and trying to direct conversations.
--------------------------

Is it possible to opt out of receiving coupons on steam?
Not as far as I know. You can always dump them on Trashbot but that takes a little effort.

I never got mine... I voted for the game and reserved a copy through the old WGN group, even commented "Voted" or something I think on the Greenlight page.
Not sure if you're joking but, you've always had to reserve a copy on our website.

I don't look at any of the "voted" comments. Think how mind numbing that would be!

Not sure if you're joking but, you've always had to reserve a copy on our website.

I don't look at any of the "voted" comments. Think how mind numbing that would be!
People still do that that. It's annoying. I wish they would stop but it seems to be a 'just in case' thing that's a holdout from the archaic pre-automated days.

Some games of course, ahem suicideguy, still do that though since the developers want to do the free key for votes thing but have no flippin clue what a mess it will be without a system to automate it.

It's not listed on the game's store page, but Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming now has Steam Trading Cards. So few people have them right now that people are listing them at $0.60 to $0.90 each, though I doubt that many will sell at those prices.

Edit: The market pages for those cards say they were added on May 20, so obviously the lack of news/updated Steam page means that nobody's trying to get them since the ones I've looked at have maybe ~20 total listed.

It's not listed on the game's store page, but Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming now has Steam Trading Cards. So few people have them right now that people are listing them at $0.60 to $0.90 each, though I doubt that many will sell at those prices.
Yeah, Pixel boy and the ever expanding dungeon's cards were going for $5 as it just came out yesterday. When I saw the enhanced steam say the cards were worth $15 i started idling right away. Now they're all 30-40 cents. :( (Also, looks like nothing sold at that high price either.)

Not that I know anything about the routers you're interested in (since my own is going on 6-7 years old), but if you're having issues with range, why not just get a repeater. The problem with wifi is wall penetration and the higher the frequency, while potentially carrying more data, the more susceptible to physical interference it is. There's a reason that emergency responders still operate in narrow 900MHz bands.
I use linksys routers and I use dd-wrt firmware. With that firmware you can do almost anything, even transforming it into a repeater ;)

Edit: The market pages for those cards say they were added on May 20, so obviously the lack of news/updated Steam page means that nobody's trying to get them since the ones I've looked at have maybe ~20 total listed.
It's more likely that it's never been in a bundle yet or on a cheap sale and is not some big AAA or otherwise well known super popular game that has sold a bajillion copies. The fact that it's $20 and looks like an NES game probably isn't helping sales either. Also anything weeaboo usually sells for a bit higher card prices.

I have hundreds of friends on Steam and almost none of them have this. Just one that literally buys everything and Carlmundo who maybe got a comp review copy or for giveaways or some such.

Really though, games that are a bit more obscure and/or just aren't really popular pre sale/bundle tend to have much higher card prices. That's normal. Then when they get in a bundle or on some really cheap sale the prices drop like a rock and pretty much stay that way.

Just registered on the defiance website... Apparently, you can have a password of a 512 characters.

Just thought that was worth sharing...
If anyone gets a group going here for Defiance I'd be up for it.

As long as the games are activated, it shouldn't matter.
Which means if any of you have unactivated copies of Microsoft games sitting in your inventory that were sourced from our Ukrainian hating friends you might want to activate them now.

People still do that that. It's annoying. I wish they would stop but it seems to be a 'just in case' thing that's a holdout from the archaic pre-automated days.

Some games of course, ahem sucideguy, still do that though since the developers want to do the free key for votes thing but have no flippin clue what a mess it will be without a system to automate it.
What's even more infuriating is I actually offer to help with distribution for some people and they refuse, stating it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back