Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gaben giveth and the Gaben taketh away. Now that the Summer Seal is over and the thread is crawling . . .

Time for another contest.

Write me a Limerick.

It must be in correct format, it must be obscene (as all limericks should) and it must contain at least one game name from your Steam library. Entrants have to be CAG registered at least 3 months and have 20+ posts, only one entry per person. Contest ends in less than 24 hours from the time of this post. I'll pick my favorite submissions, and the winners get a game from my bundle leftovers. Quote this post with your entry.
Now Jack was Humanity's Asset,
So called, and his hound was a basset.
When his wood, it was Risen,
No fuck s were then given,

The pooch would come Fly'n to Jack it.

Spanksy Spanksy Spanksy Prison Tycoon 3

Spanksy spnkasy panskoy Far Cry 3

Spansy pnkasy spnaksy Dead Rising 3

SPansky SPanksy Spnks Woodle Tree

Snaksying Spnksy AJ Lee

Edit:

Best read to the rhythm/melody of the Jeopardy song.  

No. Arrgh! Stupid integrated graphics processors! That's the ONLY thing holding me back!
I feel ya. Was just in your shoes about 2 months ago. Hang in there, you'll get a graphics card someday. :)

Daily Deal
Sacred: Gold - $9.99 $1.99
Sacred 2 - $19.99 $3.99
Sacred Citadel - $9.99 $1.99
Sacred Gold needs to hit $1 again already so I can justify rebuying it on Steam. :wall:

They're discounting the DLC?! It's a miracle! Too bad I won't buy it, waiting for 75% off.
What sucks is I would buy the DLC at that price if I had grabbed the main game during the Summer Sale.

I just got finished with a match of Dino D-Day. It's surprisingly not as shit as I thought it would be. I normally hate Multiplayer only games but I find the amount of ridiculous just distracting enough to enjoy myself a bit. Haven't got my Woodle Tree E-mail yet.

Last edited:
I'm writing this limerick on the shitter
When I could be instead browsing twitter
I should mention a game
How about Bound by Flame?
If this won't win a prize I'll be bitter!

Just felt like sharing this for Sunasun, who will one day soon be able to fulfill his dream of being a burger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jJ1mO3O9UE

Woohoo! Time for the Killing Floor Summer Event. Killing Floor End of the Line (double-meaning here?)

Of special note to us Cheap Ass Gamers is the last line:

In addition to releasing the End of the Line update, Tripwire Interactive will be kicking off a special two week Killing Floor Summer Event Sale starting on Wednesday, July 2nd and running through Wednesday, July 16th in which the original KILLING FLOOR and its respective content packs will see drastic sale prices.
I guess I'm hopeful after the feedback and the weak DLC sale prices during the Steam Summer Adventure (and the specific mention of it here) that there will be 75% off prices on the DLC.

Anyhow, the full announcement and freebies/paid stuff:

Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that the End of the Line, a hefty Summer content update for the multi-million unit selling Sci-Fi Horror, FPS game KILLING FLOOR, will hit Steam on Wednesday, July 2nd just in time for the 4th of July Weekend! Carrying on the long tradition of gameplay packed, content rich expansions, the End of the Line update packs a bloody good punch of free and DLC content:

FREE CONTENT:
  • Developer’s Map Pack
  • 2 new Wave Mode maps – “Siren's Belch” and “Stronghold”
  • 1 new Objective and Wave Mode map – “Transit”
  • 1 new character, Rachel Clamely, can be unlocked by completing the Transit map, in Objective Mode
PAID CONTENT:
  • Neon Characters DLC Pack - Featuring DJ Skully in Voltage Blue and Mr. Foster in Magma Red
  • Community Neon Weapons DLC Pack – Featuring 4 new neon guns including the SCAR, AK47, HSG Shotgun and Kriss sub-machine gun
In addition to releasing the End of the Line update, Tripwire Interactive will be kicking off a special two week Killing Floor Summer Event Sale starting on Wednesday, July 2nd and running through Wednesday, July 16th in which the original KILLING FLOOR and its respective content packs will see drastic sale prices.

I guess I'm hopeful after the feedback and the weak DLC sale prices during the Steam Summer Adventure (and the specific mention of it here) that there will be 75% off prices on the DLC.
And... no. 50% off again. :bomb:

For anyone who tried to get a Woodle Tree Adventures through IndieGala . . . have you gotten your game yet? It's been roughly 5 hours since I submitted my email and they have PLENTY of keys left but I don't have an email or any game showing up on my Gala profile. Was going to try and re-submit but the submit button is just plain gone.

Edit: Forgot we had a Gala thread. Checked there and people are having the same issue.

For anyone who tried to get a Woodle Tree Adventures through IndieGala . . . have you gotten your game yet? It's been roughly 5 hours since I submitted my email and they have PLENTY of keys left but I don't have an email or any game showing up on my Gala profile. Was going to try and re-submit but the submit button is just plain gone.

Edit: Forgot we had a Gala thread. Checked there and people are having the same issue.
I had to log out and use another e-mail. If its not working on whatever e-mail you're using use another one and yet another if you have to.

Is there just local multimediaplayer on Woodle or can you do netplay? Might be a fun trash game to play with others.

Mine came in about 10 minutes ago.

Is there just local multimediaplayer on Woodle or can you do netplay? Might be a fun trash game to play with others.
I'm assuming you meant multiplayer, and yes it's only local (because friends don't let friends play Woodle Tree without being able to punch them in the side).

Hey look, another Dead Island game. I can't believe how many games this series already has in it...Dead Island 1/2, Riptide, the MOBA, and now this. That's 5 games in three years! For a series that is by no means anything amazing.
Hey - Deep Silver gotta try and keep up w/ AC + COD putting out franchised-branded games real fast, you know? ;)

I though DI was great so this is great news. The MOBA is okay, but I think most MOBAs suck anyways so this isn't much different.

DI2 is also being developed by the studio that did Spec Ops, whereas the original was developed by Techland who are working on Dying Light, so that might give you dumbasses who didn't like the game hope for something different.
I loved Dead Island 1, yes.

While I did like Riptide, nowhere as much as the original. Played the crap out of it during a Free Weekend. I did buy it. Ain't gone back to it to finish it, since I bought it. I should. Maybe, in due time.

I'm looking forward to what Yager will bring to Dead Island 2 - since Spec Ops was awesome. And the trailer was pretty good for DI2, as well.

To wrap up the Summer Sale and start looking to the future, let's answer these 2 simple questions:

1.) What game did you buy during the sale that would hurt the most if it were to be bundled imminently?

2.) What game did you NOT buy during the sale for fear of said imminent bundle?

For me, Shadowrun Returns would fit #1, because I had no interest in it prior to the sale. Could've waited until a bundle, even though I have been enjoying what I've played of it. I skipped Gunpoint at 75% off pre-sale hoping that it'll hit a bundle soon.
1) Shadowrun Returns. Cause I waited forever for the price to be under $5 to buy it, and I haven't touched it yet.

2) Gunpoint.

Edit: Wait, the exact same two games. Dammit.

I'm assuming you meant multiplayer, and yes it's only local (because friends don't let friends play Woodle Tree without being able to punch them in the side).
Yes. Stupid phone autocorrect.

And that figures. Most indie Devs seem too lazy to implement network multi(not multimedia)player.

Re: Murdered. I found it decent enough but it's kind of a Big Fish game for guys. If Big Fish games actually had a budget that is. I can see why it didn't go over well with this masses.

Re: Murdered. I found it decent enough but it's kind of a Big Fish game for guys. If Big Fish games actually had a budget that is. I can see why it didn't go over well with this masses.
WTF is going on with your sig?

Why is it an ad for Expedia?

On Murdered: Soul Suspect and Airtight: Sad to hear they're shutting down. I got all the achievements for Playfire, and I actually enjoyed doing it too. RIP

Great. My first foil card in a year and it's for Woodle Tree and only costs $0.19.

It's a fun charming game but what a waste of a foil drop.

Last edited:
Wait till next sale and sell for inflated price.
Sadly, if the foils I own are any indicator, foils don't really go up in value during Steam sales compared to regular cards.

That probably won't change unless they do something to make them more valuable, e.g. crafting a foil badge gives you five sale cards instead of just one.

Great. My first foil card in a year and it's for Woodle Tree and only costs $0.19.

It's a fun charming game but what a waste of a foil drop.
Woodle Tree Adventures??? Fun? Charming?

shocked.png

The Gaben giveth and the Gaben taketh away. Now that the Summer Seal is over and the thread is crawling . . .

Time for another contest.

Write me a Limerick.

It must be in correct format, it must be obscene (as all limericks should) and it must contain at least one game name from your Steam library. Entrants have to be CAG registered at least 3 months and have 20+ posts, only one entry per person. Contest ends in less than 24 hours from the time of this post. I'll pick my favorite submissions, and the winners get a game from my bundle leftovers. Quote this post with your entry.
Searching for toasters, cylons and automatons

None even know how to respond

Trying to catch-up with the mass hysteria

Embarked on The Longest Journey to Syberia

These mammoth days are long gone

BioShock Infinite PC Songbird and Ultimate Editions are 75% off on Irrational Games website. If you want them better hurry though. The console people are buying them all up so they can flip the statue book etc on eBay.

Woohoo! Time for the Killing Floor Summer Event. Killing Floor End of the Line (double-meaning here?)

Of special note to us Cheap Ass Gamers is the last line:

Anyhow, the full announcement and freebies/paid stuff:

So I guess we can expect a bunch of CAGs to act like teenage girls at a MCR concert for finally being able to buy FPS character skins for $1.25 a pop! Deal of the century!

And... no. 50% off again. :bomb:
What world do they live in where 50% off is drastic??

Why repeat your summer sale prices and advertise it as a big deal?

On Murdered: Soul Suspect and Airtight: Sad to hear they're shutting down. I got all the achievements for Playfire, and I actually enjoyed doing it too. RIP
+1. I think the game might have worked better if they had been able to release it for Xbone/PS4/PC instead of including PS3 + 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back