Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Word spreads fast on the AOL chat super highway. I heard Ajay was like "These bitches buying my bundle after it ended?" and went and told the Groupees staff.
nlUf64X.jpg

Remember that Groupees thing? That one that gave your kids the diabeetus if you did it? It got fixed. Our community was apparently the first to figure it out in over two years.
That's great for now. But what about my kid? He's got diabeetus now. Poor little Timmy and his diabeetus misshapen head. "Diabeetus Timmy" they call him in the schoolyard and he comes home in tears. Thanks for nothing, Groupees. Trying to buy me off with leftover bundle codes will not fix little Timmy's head!

8th. But they started giving Never Settle Space codes today for GPU buyers, so they seems to have sold these for some profit.
There's no chances of them adding new games to the rewards by the 8th, huh? I guess I should just redeem the two I have left now.

Also when exactly would the Star Citizen key be released, I thought the game was still years from release. Not even sure what you get, it mentions something about getting just a ship and a hanger...
They release portions of the game to the public at certain points. For a long time it was just the ships and hangar and whatnot.

Doesn't look like that's all that playable thus far though. The wiki page says this:

The second module was released on June 4, 2014. It was officially named Arena Commander and allows backers to playtest the ship combat portion of the game against other players or AI opponents.[25][26] It features a highly accurate ship flight model, using variables such as mass, thruster positioning and ship damage to simulate space flight.[27]

Am I the only one that can't read the title of this as anything but a euphemism for vagina? http://store.steampowered.com/app/292630/?snr=1_4_4__105_1
Lady chasm.

Or you could be like LN3000 and give them all to Idiotekque
wat? LN never gives me anything, I miss all his drops.

Nooooooooooooo!!!

The Banner Saga.... All I wanted... Freaking sleep/work.

Grats to all you who beat the glitch.

After reading up on about 30 different boards today I think I've narrowed it down to one of these three:

Gigabyte UD3H - $140
ASRock Extreme4 - $145
Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 - $180

Since I'm going with Micro Center, my choices are a little more limited than Newegg. I don't think even with a sale and having to pay sales tax, Newegg can beat the bundle prices at Micro Center. The ASRock is currently offered in a bundle, so with an additional $20 off ($60 vs $40 bundle savings), I may go that route.

I wanted to put off my new build until Black Friday, but I only have 100GB left on my 4TB Steam HDD and I'm out of SATA ports in my current build. {It makes sense in my head, don't judge me.}
OK, so yeah...I went with none of these. I ended up getting an Asus Z97-AR. My past Asus history has made me superstitious too hesitant of other manufacturers regardless of good reviews. This board has all that I need without anything extra bells or whistles to get in the way. And superficially, it's visually understated, which I prefer to the blingtastic nature of other boards (not that there's anything wrong with that). And since my OC plans are minimal, an extreme board wasn't needed. All that's left is to pick a cooler (Noctua) and RAM and maybe a RAID card (haven't decided if I want to bother with on-board RAID).

I know everyone was dying to know.

Oh, I meant to post this earlier, but was mobilelazy.

Newegg
Brothers In Arms Triple Pack (Uplay) - $4.99 $4.24 w/promo EMCPAPH95 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Earned In Blood
  • Hell's Highway
  • Road To Hill 30
[/customspoiler]

I didn't know they were on Uplay, but Ubi is adding more and more older games.

Edit: If anyone is curious, it gives you a separate Uplay key for each game.

OK, so yeah...I went with none of these. I ended up getting an Asus Z97-AR. My past Asus history has made me superstitious too hesitant of other manufacturers regardless of good reviews. This board has all that I need without anything extra bells or whistles to get in the way. And superficially, it's visually understated, which I prefer to the blingtastic nature of other boards (not that there's anything wrong with that). And since my OC plans are minimal, an extreme board wasn't needed. All that's left is to pick a cooler (Noctua) and RAM and maybe a RAID card (haven't decided if I want to bother with on-board RAID).

gEvJX.jpg

gEvJX.jpg
Any and all Memento reference posts get a like.

Yea, its sometimes tough to beat superstition brand loyalty when it comes to computer parts or electronics in general. I thought maybe ASRock had a chance because of your concerns with storage space (their boards seem to always have 8+ SATA ports compared to the usual 6), but that Asus board looks like a solid choice. Good luck with the build.

$2 -- double your money.  What were the games available, anyway?  I think I am lukewarm about most except maybe Star Citizen and I'm sure that's another year off.  Plus does it even have a Steam key yet?

But for $100, you not only get an AMD Gold code, but also the supreme satisfaction of knowing that you've made this guy one helluva happy camper.

That's like saying "Oh, that thing you're looking for? It's in that bucket of razor blades, feces, and dirty vibrators. Don't worry, you'll find it."
You got in on the gold reward deal, right? Given the resentment, I'm surprised people are telling you about it at all, heh...

The least you should have to do is dig through a bunch of gore and penis pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back