Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I reached the end :(

But it so long firefox's save fullpage screenshot function fails.
Did it say, "F*ck it, I'm sick of making recommendations, just buy anything you want. Here's a list of everything that we sell" at the end? Or did it just loop back to the beginning like an ouroboros?

I reached the end :(
photo-thumb-20063.jpg

XC6zCYB.png

"Since you wish for Homefront" and not because I have 130 hours of Borderlands 2?

jjXiu8V.png

Rp3GfiX.png

That's so useful

mmkF9Bp.png

I suppose these are top FPS games right now...

p4U8maT.png

So you want to me buy this twice? (There is base game + expansion and Ultimate which has both but is separate library entry).

Why does it even suggest expansions for games I don't own?

SUWHEET!!! Scored a Bad Rats booster pack  :D/

Must be because it's being recommended to freaky looking cats everywhere

So you want to me buy this twice? (There is base game + expansion and Ultimate which has both but is separate library entry).

Why does it even suggest expansions for games I don't own?
I have several things like this (buy what you already have wishlisted based on something else you have wishlisted):

4Mo9wSU.png

Because I played Next Car Game last night, I should clearly purchase and play Wasteland 2 and Garry' Mod. Steam logic. It does have potential to make me waste money if they get it right, though.

The recs are definitely going to work wonders on casual fans who don't keep up with new releases or hoard games.  Steam has always made the store very difficult to navigate so this seems like a natural progression for them to be able to control what games people see available for purchase to try to maximize profits.  

I'd prefer to see all new releases instead of popular new releases on the main page like it used to be. I believe only showing featured or popular ones on XBL is part of what made indie devs mad at Microsoft.

There is so much wasted space on top of the main page now. Does anyone play games on a square monitor anymore? They need to make this sh*+ widescreen friendly.

I dislike not being able to see the daily right when the screen loads. I don't want to have to scroll down past recommendations for games I'll never buy anyway.

Why the heck do I need a queue? Also, this isn't a damn museum or art gallery. What the he77 do we need curators for, and why should I care what they think (unless they're friends)?

New Humble Bundle - PC and Android 11

• Thomas Was Alone
  • Bridge Constructor Playground
  • Cubemen
  • Cubemen 2
Beat the Average for:

• Small World 2
  • Blackwell Trilogy
Pay $11 or more for:

• Surgeon Simulator
  • Anomaly Defenders

New Humble Bundle - PC and Android 11

• Thomas Was Alone
  • Bridge Constructor Playground
  • Cubemen
  • Cubemen 2
Beat the Average for:

• Small World 2
  • Blackwell Trilogy
Pay $11 or more for:

• Surgeon Simulator
  • Anomaly Defenders
I have a tab with $4.45 BTA... but already own most of this.

Argh.

Anyone craft badges to improve booster pack drops and did it happen more frequent the booster pack drops.
Crafting for booster drops is a bad idea. It increases you booster drop rate multiplicatively, so it's not really worthwhile if that is your sole intent.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Valve's patented personality profiler has clearly correctly pegged you as either a middle-aged psychopath with a closet full of body parts or a 12-year-old girl with a closet full of Barbies.
Why not both?

Anyone craft badges to improve booster pack drops and did it happen more frequent the booster pack drops.
I had a chat recently with a few folks about this, someone who's Level 270 and with 900 eligible games, gets about three or four boosters a week. I'm Level 57 and get like one a month.

In other words if you're crafting badges to get more boosters... there's no real point to it, there's no benefit, the cost of getting to such a high level is way more expensive than the value of any boosters you might get..

Um yes? No? Gribblefribbitz?
Um ok. Why. I like to solve the puzzle.

Crafting for booster drops is a bad idea. It increases you booster drop rate multiplicatively, so it's not really worthwhile if that is your sole intent.

Why not both?

I had a chat recently with a few folks about this, someone who's Level 270 and with 900 eligible games, gets about three or four boosters a week. I'm Level 57 and get like one a month.

In other words if you're crafting badges to get more boosters... there's no real point to it, there's no benefit, the cost of getting to such a high level is way more expensive than the value of any boosters you might get..
Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for, going back to selling and idling.

Thanks guys this is exactly what I was looking for, going back to selling and idling.
Crafting badges isn't for everyone.

If you really don't care about badges, go ahead and sell or trade your cards. Most people don't need multiple showcases, just one or two are enough, and many people here - especially game collectors that add any game that's been bundled to their account - will get enough experience from that and sale event-related badges to get one showcase, or even two.

I just did the math, and 63% of my new personalized Steam storefront is MysterD's review of a Resident Evil game.
Hope you enjoyed my review for that game.

I'm guessing that probably was my recently written review for RE: Revelations?

Either that or my update on the review for Resident Evil 6?

I'm sure once I start the "Toaster Game Club" and become a Curator, I'll be taking up at least 75% of your new personalized Steam Store-Front. ;)

You know what feature Steam SHOULD add that would be more helpful than this stuff?

Announcements that DLC you're missing for games you already own are on sale. The current thing where it dims titles you already own makes it even more likely that you'll overlook discounted add-ons.

Why didn't anyone tell me that Borderlands multiplayer is a go?
We did. Last week. When everyone but you discussed it in this very thread.
dumbass

Ugh, Steam Store needs an option to remove certain classes of games. I want to obliterate F2P and MMOs. I keep saying "not interested" in that stupid fucking queue, and yet half of the games it shows me fall into these categories. I also find it laughable that it has shown me more than a few games that have 90%+ negative reviews. Sorry, but if a game has more than 50 reviews and a 90% negative rating, recommending it just seems like a dick move.

Like so many other things, Valve just half-assed this feature and doesn't give its end users hardly any control.

You know what feature Steam SHOULD add that would be more helpful than this stuff?

Announcements that DLC you're missing for games you already own are on sale. The current thing where it dims titles you already own makes it even more likely that you'll overlook discounted add-ons.
It already does that, you just have to add the items to your wishlist first. Dumbass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back