Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got things's to give out and stuff.

Airline Tycoon 2 and Lilly Looking Through.

Quote with what you want and I'll send it to you.

Edit: Both are taken now.

Last edited:
im glad this douchebag signature adding has taken off
It's called douche disgracing, and it's the masculine version of slut shaming.

Dumbass.

EDIT: I think I've sold or bought something from that guy before. He's some jerk from the Steam Buy/Sell/Trade Thread.

I got things's to give out and stuff.

Airline Tycoon 2 and Lilly Looking Through.

Quote with what you want and I'll send it to you.
I saw "give" "Add" and "free games" yet visiting those two accounts just leaves me feeling dirty and with no additional Humble links to molest.

What's a guy to do?!

I saw "give" "Add" and "free games" yet visiting those two accounts just leaves me feeling dirty and with no additional Humble links to molest.

What's a guy to do?!
So do you want Lilly Looking Through?

The Evil Within PC version is recommending systems have 4 GB of VRAM:

http://www.bethblog.com/2014/09/25/the-system-requirements-within/

I'm curious what the hell the bare minimums req's will be...

The Evil Within PC requirements + some console version info

4 GB of VRAM and at least 50 GB of HDD?! Has there been any other game that requires that much HDD space?

The most I could remember was Max Payne 3 needed 30 GB and that's because PC was always 2nd priority for Rockstar

Not that big of a deal considering HDD is cheap on PC (at least Non-SSD) but still...

4 GB of VRAM and at least 50 GB of HDD?! Has there been any other game that requires that much HDD space?

The most I could remember was Max Payne 3 needed 30 GB and that's because PC was always 2nd priority for Rockstar

Not that big of a deal considering HDD is cheap on PC (at least Non-SSD) but still...
Wolfenstein TNO. It and Evil Within is both built on id Tech engine (mega textures).

My HD6870 is crying because of that 4GB vram requirement.

Max Payne 3 just has so many cutscenes. I prefer large size to usual compressed to look like crap cutscenes.

What is VRAM?
... can't tell if serious.

Video RAM, aka the RAM the video card uses to store textures and stuff. My card has 2 GB VRAM and I thought it was overkill. 4 GB is crazy. I expect that to go down once they start optimizing stuff because there's no way in hell a console will be able to handle a game like this. Not with those requirements.

I sure will pass on evil within. No way I'll buy a 4gb vCard JUST for that game (I own a 2gb vCard). I've seen excellent looking games that requires less hardware than their recommended tier. I know one can play with less hardware and less graphic, but if that is the recommended, what is the "medium"?

... can't tell if serious.

Video RAM, aka the RAM the video card uses to store textures and stuff. My card has 2 GB VRAM and I thought it was overkill. 4 GB is crazy. I expect that to go down once they start optimizing stuff because there's no way in hell a console will be able to handle a game like this. Not with those requirements.
Ah, I see. Thank. Usually people just say "You need a 2GB GFX card" so I guess VRAM is interchangeable with that. Mine is only 2GB too so that is why I'm concerned about getting it for PC.

"Note: We do not have a list of minimum requirements for the game. If you’re trying to play with a rig with settings below these requirements (you should plan to have 4 GBs of VRAM regardless), we cannot guarantee optimal performance" - Source

In the comments they said that it might run with 2GB. What they should have done was port the last gen version instead of current gen. Sure it would look worse, but more people would be able to play it.

ShadowOfMordor-2014-09-25-20-55-27-91.png

Wow. 6 GB VRAM recommended.

Is there even cards with more than 4GB per GPU?

(Shadow of Mordor)

Ah, I see. Thank. Usually people just say "You need a 2GB GFX card" so I guess VRAM is interchangeable with that. Mine is only 2GB too so that is why I'm concerned about getting it for PC.
The amount of RAM in the card is the VRAM amount. It's just not a commonly used term.

I would suggest waiting until the game ships to buy it so you can see what people who have cards with less than 4GB of RAM have to say about the game. There's bound to be tests done by enthusiast / gaming websites sooner or later. And there's no way in hell they're going to screw over people with cards that don't have that amount of RAM; 4 GB is overkill in most cases. 1, 2 and 3 GB cards are more common.

Newegg lists 229 PCI Express video cards with 1 GB of RAM, 297 with 2 GB, 30 with 3 GB, 73 with 4 GB and only TWO with 8 GB. They can't limit their market to that few video card models. They'll eventually release an optimized version, not doing so would just mean less sales.

And if you have, you probably got another $3k for SLI. (It's dual GPU card so it's 6GB effective still)

AMD has only some server grade stuff with 6GB+ that no one even bothers to list, I wonder why.
I too wonder.

23kznva.png

Hmm.

If anyone is looking for a good Co-op game to play with your kid(s) that isn't a f'ing Lego game I strongly recommend Gauntlet.

Sidenote: Neither my kids nor I can figure out how to play as the wizard or elf.

If anyone is looking for a good Co-op game to play with your kid(s) that isn't a f'ing Lego game I strongly recommend Gauntlet.

Sidenote: Neither my kids nor I can figure out how to play as the wizard or elf.
Control scheme is different for each toon.

Elf:

Right Stick: weak shot

LT: bomb

RT: sniper shot

A: interact

B: roll/dodge

RB / LB: Relic 1/2

Wizard is like Magicka-lite... combine two spell elements (3 elements, X/Y/B) and then they cast with RS (iirc)

Hit pause with the toon... and view controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back