Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Five keys lurked, zero acknowledgement given. :shame:
Lurkers gonna lurk
icon_shrug.gif

I played with that this last weekend. It only showed a single DA:O saved character (my very first, curiously enough) and was maybe 65% accurate in what it thought I did during the course of the game. Took a bit of tweaking on my part.

I played with that this last weekend. It only showed a single DA:O saved character (my very first, curiously enough) and was maybe 65% accurate in what it thought I did during the course of the game. Took a bit of tweaking on my part.
It got a decent amount of mine right, I think.

But on some of 'em - way the hell off.

Go home, Keep - you're drunk!

Good thing we can mess w/ the Tapestries and set things right.

DAO + DA2 Spoilers:

Things I had to set up correctly:

DA:O -> My Warden romanced Morrigan; had a old god baby w/ her; and Warden is alive and well.

DA2 -> My Rogue did have Isabella join the party; romanced Merrill.

Uh. Blazblue is 12 GB?!
It's all uncompressed audio. There's a ton of voice acting for the visual novel style story mode. It includes original Japanese voices as well as English. Well it's not all audio but the audio alone takes up about 6gb.

Last edited:
It's all uncompressed audio. There's a ton of voice acting for the visual novel style story mode. It includes original Japanese voices as well as English.
I really wish these game-companies would offer those non-regional languages as extra optional free DLC's.

That way - if I want it, I can go get it.

If I don't want it - skip it; I can save some download time + HDD space.

I really wish these game-companies would offer those non-regional languages as extra optional free DLC's.

That way - if I want it, I can go get it.

If I don't - skip it; save some HDD space.
The game will still work if you go into the install and delete the voice over data you don't want to save the space.

If you only want English voiceover go into the install folder/data/Story then delete folders named Voice and VoiceXACT.

For Japanese voiceover delete VoiceEng and VoiceXACTEng.

Also under the folders under install/data Sound and SoundXACT delete either Voice or Voice_eng depending again on preference.

Then make sure that you don't select the language you deleted and all should work perfectly and you shaved a few gig off the install size.

BTW this works with some other games that have a mandatory all language install but the process will be different depending on the game. Other games I've done this with in the past include Blades of Time and The Witcher.

TLDR: Too bad I'm trying to save you precious HDD space go back and read it. It cuts down Blazblue's install size down to 8.9gb from almost 13.

Last edited:
BTW after thinking about my last post for a second I just realized I could take 20gb off the install for Final Fantasy XIII.

Just go into the Install folder/white_data/movie and if you only want English dub delete anything that doesn't read us.win32.wmp or if you only want Japanese then delete anything that does read us.win32.wmp it's that simple. Obviously don't select the audio type you deleted or the game will crash.

My copy of the game runs perfectly and now only takes up 37.7gb instead of 60.

Last edited:
Closure now has cards. 3 drops, 6 total.
Hmmm, that could be worth a replay soonish.

It got a decent amount of mine right, I think.

But on some of 'em - way the hell off.
Go home, Keep - you're drunk!

Good thing we can mess w/ the Tapestries and set things right.

DAO + DA2 Spoilers:
Things I had to set up correctly:
DA:O -> My Warden romanced Morrigan; had a old god baby w/ her; and Warden is alive and well.
DA2 -> My Rogue did have Isabella join the party; romanced Merrill.
Is... is that the kind of thing toasters consider spoilers?

Anyone have an extra Risk of Rain key they can spare? Full disclosure: it's not for me, (I already have it) it's for my buddy who want to play co-op with me. If I'm a terrible human being, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
You're gonna give it to Lostunderwear who is giving it to his grandma's brothers friend?

I only have one brother and one sister who even have Steam accounts. A friend has Steam but seems to only want like 3 games on it so I don't bother with him.

that be u hai laney neurokaynos seipothn drsasasuqtch and motiv fakeybroing i htink it not me it not lost number family it not mysterd it not my family oh yea i think we cover every one hee so i cover every cag and their family hehe
y u not giv da squirrel sum luv.

Apologies for posting what may be well known to most in here, but is nuuvem generally safe for someone in the US to buy from, in terms of not getting a region locked game, or being flagged on Steam? I was interested in some of the Daedelic adventure games, like Memoria and Goodbye Deponia, which are significantly cheaper there than I've seen otherwise. 

Thanks.

Apologies for posting what may be well known to most in here, but is nuuvem generally safe for someone in the US to buy from, in terms of not getting a region locked game, or being flagged on Steam? I was interested in some of the Daedelic adventure games, like Memoria and Goodbye Deponia, which are significantly cheaper there than I've seen otherwise.

Thanks.
Yes, the site is completely legit. There might be some issues with the site blocking your purchase because you're a foreigner, but that only seems to apply to the big name publishers.

But to be honest you're better off buying the games from a Russian trader during a sale. The games can be bought for a bit cheaper that way and they're not restricted.

Blood Star (Be Mine 15)

along with Super Cyborg, Dungeon of Gain and Final Dusk (Build a Greenlight Bundle 12) have been greenlit.
Damn, and I somehow completely forgot to preorder that bundle. At least the games I was most interested in are the greenlit ones, and I already owned Dungeon of Gain

Yes, the site is completely legit. There might be some issues with the site blocking your purchase because you're a foreigner, but that only seems to apply to the big name publishers.
As I recall, Nuuvem does a competent job of blocking you from buying games that aren't good for your region. You shouldn't see Brazil only (or S. America only) activated titles pop up if you're connecting to them from North America. No guarantees though.

The other minor hassle is that you'll need to falsify a Brazilian address when registering your account.

I could have sworn I had to do this but I registered at least 18 months ago if not longer.

Looking at Nuuvem, Blackguards is 80% off list ($8 USD) versus the 66% off on Steam right now. 

I never had to do this, but I registered in the past few months so that may have something to do with it?
I didn't want to figure out the whole Russian key trader thing, so I picked up Memoria on Nuuvem. I didn't have to register with an address at all, and paid via Paypal.

Sorry for the OT post, but I would appreciate it if you guys could throw this link at any indie devs you might know.

http://www.foxhack.net/2014/10/30/so-hey-how-about-hiring-me/

TL;DR version: I'm broke, work down here sucks, and I have this English-Spanish translation degree just sitting there, so I want to work translating games. I've already tweeted this, and posted it at GOG, but don't know where else to go to offer my services. If anyone can help out with suggestions or whatever, then lemme know. I'm all ears.

Anyone recommend the Black Mirror games?
Yes! That is, if you like adventure games and puzzle solving. The gothic horror storytelling and atmosphere are pretty well done, too.

The first game is older and has some quirks (too much backtracking, weak voice acting), but it's still a very good adventure. The two sequels were made a few years ago and are more polished technically.

Sorry for the OT post, but I would appreciate it if you guys could throw this link at any indie devs you might know.

TL;DR version: I'm broke, work down here sucks, and I have this English-Spanish translation degree just sitting there, so I want to work translating games. I've already tweeted this, and posted it at GOG, but don't know where else to go to offer my services. If anyone can help out with suggestions or whatever, then lemme know. I'm all ears.
I tweeted about it. If I see anything related to translating I'll send it/them your way.

Eh, when I bought the Mount & Blade Collection at Nuuvem--one of the first times they were mentioned on this site--I also had to falsify a Brazilian address. I'm now banned from buying from them for some reason. Probably because my fake address and real payment information didn't match.

Nuuvem is pretty shitty, anyway. They royally screwed up their Universala bundle.

Lots of companies outsource to Mexico now. We have all of our Specs translated into Spanish. You could always look for something in technical writing/translation.

Best of luck.

I wouldn't call them shitty, when they sold Saints Row 4 to every country and then it turned out to be region locked to Brazil they went to the publisher and got everyone the appropriate region keys for each of their locations. They could have screwed us and just offered the Brazil key, or done a refund. Took an extra day but I got the game at a great price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back