Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres some more Evolve alpha keys if you havent gotten one yet, they work just like a steam key. Please reply if you take one.

CODE for PC: 

FC8KH-B58DA-HA5BE 
FC8VH-68EMW-QC6P2 
FC924-BW5IG-2EQZV 
FC9PT-0TJ7P-L3DDH 

They randomly burst into bibles? WTF.
Yeah, the bibles are random faith boosters. It's awful in an annoying sense, one that makes it hard to even laugh at. It's more like, you want to punch that fat British bird in the face for taking 10 minutes to read a paragraph in a monotonous tone and making it mandatory to watch before you can even play the shitty game.

This is still an online-only game, right?
You can play it alone but I don't know if you have to be connected. Who cares, how often are you not connected? I wouldn't want every game to be online only but every now and then if a co-op focused game I really want has that restriction I would accept it without much hesitation, no big deal. If they were doing it just as a method of DRM I'd be pissed, but that's not the case.

Hey ugly, give me this game.

I once had a bum hit me up for a cigarette using a similar pitch. It didn't work on me because I don't smoke. But I'm sure his finely crafted pitch worked on anyone who was a smoker.

EDIT: Thanks Neuro

Yeah, the bibles are random faith boosters. It's awful in an annoying sense, one that makes it hard to even laugh at. It's more like, you want to punch that fat British bird in the face for taking 10 minutes to read a paragraph in a monotonous tone and making it mandatory to watch before you can even play the shitty game.
LOL I just played it for 17 minutes. I flew around shooting the asteroids and collecting the hotdogs and bible verses, but I had no clue what I was supposed to be doing. This may be the strangest game I've ever played. Why does the ship have a green penis?

Quote for some useless Desura keys:

1x Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends
1x Data Hacker: Corruption 
1x Power-Up
2x Project Night 1x Project Night
1x Unhack

EDIT:
Oh, I forgot this shiny Steam key for the ninja-lurkers
9JC0Y-VPQ7C-Q3JK4

You can play it alone but I don't know if you have to be connected. Who cares, how often are you not connected? I wouldn't want every game to be online only but every now and then if a co-op focused game I really want has that restriction I would accept it without much hesitation, no big deal. If they were doing it just as a method of DRM I'd be pissed, but that's not the case.
[sarcasm] All I need is every cool-looking new game coming out to be always-online. [/sarcasm]

While I am often connected, if The Crew's servers go down and it's always online - then I can't play.

If I have problems w/ connecting on my end or even my ISP's end - then I can't play.

I do feel if I can play the game alone; deal w/ all AI; and not deal w/ any other players at all - then the game should be able to work online + offline.

Granted, b/c of cheating - I'd have no problem if they had separate profiles/saves for each online and offline - i.e. online profiles saved to the cloud can only be played online; offline profile are saved local to PC for offline can only be played offline. Think TDU2 - which has the option to be played offline or online like such; and some of the dev's working on The Crew worked on TDU2.

[quote name="MysterD" post="12201405" timestamp="1414842799"][sarcasm] All I need is every cool-looking new game coming out to be always-online. [/sarcasm]

While I am often connected, if The Crew's servers go down and it's always online - then I can't play.
If I have problems w/ connecting on my end or even my ISP's end - then I can't play.

I do feel if I can play the game alone; deal w/ all AI; and not deal w/ any other players at all - then the game should be able to work online + offline.

Granted, b/c of cheating - I'd have no problem if they had separate profiles/saves for each online and offline - i.e. online profiles saved to the cloud can only be played online; offline profile are saved local to PC for offline can only be played offline. Think TDU2 - which has the option to be played offline or online like such; and some of the dev's working on The Crew worked on TDU2.[/quote]i agree with all that, but I still don't think it's a big deal and I wouldn't let it keep me from playing something I really wanted to. Especially if it's not solely a DRM scheme.

How in the hell did I miss Saint's Row IV: COTC going on sale for $10.19 on Oct 24th?  

I really wish Steam would institute emailed price alerts already. 

Well, here's hoping it will go at least that low again during the winter sale.

How in the hell did I miss Saint's Row IV: COTC going on sale for $10.19 on Oct 24th?

I know, no funny money usage, but it's $10.20 on GamersGate right now and if you have a 20% off code, even better. And for those that already own SRIV, I didn't even realize, but there's a GotC Upgrade Pack for $3.40.

I haven't been paying as much attention to these things as I usually do.  I wish Steam would institute emailed price alerts already. 

I know, no funny money usage, but it's $10.20 on GamersGate right now and if you have a 20% off code, even better. And for those that already own SRIV, I didn't even realize, but there's a GotC Upgrade Pack for $3.40.
Very tempting.. but I really would have liked to buy it with Gabenbux. I'll have to think about it. Thanks though!

Usually games go only down in price ;)
Yeah.. but sometimes they don't hit their lowest price point again for quite a while. Remember the chronicles of MysterD and The Secret World? O:)

Try isthereanydeal.com - you can have it import your Steam wishlist and automatically update. You can set price alerts for Steam, GMG, Amazon, etc., and say "only send me an email if it activates on Steam and it's under this price or percentage"

They're usually pretty quick to send alerts, unlike Steam where they'll email you an hour before the sale ends.

Try isthereanydeal.com - you can have it import your Steam wishlist and automatically update. You can set price alerts for Steam, GMG, Amazon, etc., and say "only send me an email if it activates on Steam and it's under this price or percentage"

They're usually pretty quick to send alerts, unlike Steam where they'll email you an hour before the sale ends.
I'm really lazy though. :) I'm (mostly) kidding - Thanks for the info, I'll probably give it a shot today.

If only I could do this on the store page in either in Steam or using Enhanced Steam I'd be happy. I'd love to just type in a $ amount and hit 'alert me'.

Just a note - the upgrade pack does not include two pieces of DLC: The Child's Play pack (some limited edition costumes), and the uh... Grass Roots 'Merica Weapon Skin.

It also seems to be missing two other bits of preorder-only DLC, but SteamDB doesn't say what they are.

I took a fresh look at the Card Idler and this time got it set up and running rather quickly.  I don't know if the instructions changed or if I was just in a clearer state of mind but I suspect the second.
Inversion: H4A06-INHYD-MD7ML

Also, Arkham Origins is taking FOR-EV-ER to get its damned cards and is holding up progress.

The fact that I was almost an hour late leads me to believe you never intended to post the deal and just wanted to slip in a goat pun, or you're somehow even lazier than I am. In any case it was pretty baaaaaad.
WHAAAAAT?!?! Me?!? Goat puns?!?!?

bwfblasciaajjmn-1.jpg

Just a note - the upgrade pack does not include two pieces of DLC: The Child's Play pack (some limited edition costumes), and the uh... Grass Roots 'Merica Weapon Skin.

It also seems to be missing two other bits of preorder-only DLC, but SteamDB doesn't say what they are.
The only things the DB shows as lacking in the Upgrade Pack are the Child's Play Pack and the Grass Roots 'Merica Skin and both of those are currently unavailable separately through Steam. All other DLC is the same from what I can see.

Hotline Miami is 2.49

Fallout 3 GOTY Version is 6.49

anybody think these will be cheaper for Black Friday? or at least in the next month or so?
Both have been cheaper already in some form or fashion. So, is there a chance they'll be cheaper again, sure. Though, recent trends suggest that probability is at an all time low.

I took a fresh look at the Card Idler and this time got it set up and running rather quickly. I don't know if the instructions changed or if I was just in a clearer state of mind but I suspect the second.
Inversion: H4A06-INHYD-MD7ML

Also, Arkham Origins is taking FOR-EV-ER to get its damned cards and is holding up progress.
Just wait until you get to Dustforce (if you have it.) It took three hours to drop all its cards.

I bet there won't be EC or any other sale. Maybe Steam matches.
Nonsense. Josh has been silent because they've been having ten hour meetings each day about this, debating and hammering out what exactly the editors thought were the best games of the season. This isn't easy, half-assed work you know.

You can actually get up to 20 Flasks per bonfire, but it's easier to leave all of 'em at the basic level and only upgrade the ones that are in extremely lengthy areas.

Who here has one of those exophase sigs? That thing has been making my anti malware software go off all the time. I don't know why but someone should check the site in case it's been taken over by spambots or something.
Site is clean, I'm 100% sure of that. Issue is with Malwarebytes. We must have gotten hit because they blocked an entire range of IPs or something. I've tried contacting them but have not heard back, so if you want it fixed I recommend opening up a support ticket with them.

quick question (not sure where i could put this so put it with steam) was looking at bundles that was on sale and noticed this site. Indie Ammo Box - Bundle 2

Windows, Mac

The second indie box....

This bundle contains the games Mr. Bree+, Frozen Hearth, Guns and Robots - Starter Pack, Metal Drift, Retro/Grade, Hero Siege and Tiny Troopers.
GET this BUNDLE here!Active offer - Ends in 4 days!

has anyone ever deal with that site before, weird thing is say you still have 4 days to get the bundle but dont see any bundle on the site 

quick question (not sure where i could put this so put it with steam) was looking at bundles that was on sale and noticed this site. Indie Ammo Box - Bundle 2

Windows, Mac

The second indie box....

This bundle contains the games Mr. Bree+, Frozen Hearth, Guns and Robots - Starter Pack, Metal Drift, Retro/Grade, Hero Siege and Tiny Troopers.
GET this BUNDLE here!Active offer - Ends in 4 days!

has anyone ever deal with that site before, weird thing is say you still have 4 days to get the bundle but dont see any bundle on the site
Oh god, those guys.

There was a promo with Orcs Must Die but it was a complete mess. They wanted $1 for the franchise pack but after a while they changed the offer and people were not happy.

In fact, I can't even find the stupid bundle in their site. It only redirects me to their store, where everything is MSRP.

Oh god, those guys.

There was a promo with Orcs Must Die but it was a complete mess. They wanted $1 for the franchise pack but after a while they changed the offer and people were not happy.

In fact, I can't even find the stupid bundle in their site. It only redirects me to their store, where everything is MSRP.
so best to stay away from site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back