Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would wait on the content mods if I were you. There's so much to do in the base game that you're better off just playing through that before taking your chances on some other fan made things. I stopped playing wayyy before I had finished everything (I didn't even touch the two expansions) because after about 130 hours my character was so overpowered that it ruined enjoyment.

MGSO provides a pretty good graphical upgrade, but I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for.
I'm pretty much a completionest including good mods. Did the same with all the infinity engine games. As for graphic upgrades mainly resolution and textures. Possibly models too. I imagine they look pretty dated after all these years but that may be asking too much.

I'm pretty much a completionest including good mods. Did the same with all the infinity engine games. As for graphic upgrades mainly resolution and textures. Possibly models too. I imagine they look pretty dated after all these years but that may be asking too much.
Lol if that's the case, you're gonna be playing it for a really long time. The overhaul addresses everything you mentioned...my question was more related to quality. While the game looks pretty good w/the overhaul, it still doesn't exactly look modern.

Lol if that's the case, you're gonna be playing it for a really long time. The overhaul addresses everything you mentioned...my question was more related to quality. While the game looks pretty good w/the overhaul, it still doesn't exactly look modern.
Yeah, I don't expect modern. But cleaned up will be nice. Completionest may be a bit strong of a term. I don't know about replaying but I do like to get the full experience with expansions and mods. Other games with 40-80ish hours I have replayed but 200+ hours seems too much for multiple play throughs especially with such a big backlog and the return of isometrics coming next year. I still have Oblivion, both fallout, kotor 2, bloodlines, both dragon ages, all Gothics, the first risen, the first two witchers, plus I funded pillars of eternity and torment. I hope to get through preferably all of them by the end of 2016. Maybe not Gothic 3 though Heard horrible things there. Plus any Shadowrun Returns Harebrain happens to release between now and then. When skyrim and the Co op divinity game get cheap enough I plan on grabbing them too, though divinity is the primary target.

If you guys liked Five Nights At Freddy's well get ready to play the sequel because it just sort of appeared out of nowhere.

Also Metal Slug 3 has trading cards.

9 total 5 drops.

Last edited:
It seems Origin India doesn't charge you til a game unlocks, and there's even a "cancel" button on my order history with 31 minutes left til unlock. I wonder if I could cancel, not that I want to. These policies are pretty cool,  unlike Steam.

Not sure if this is an Origin thing or an India thing.

FUUUUU- the game won't unlock for me. I think they applied the India release date to my order somehow. In my Origin library it clearly states Nov 11 3AM. On origin.com order details it says delayed til Nov 12 and they haven't charged me. On Origin India store it says Nov 13th.

Ah well at least I saved $50 (by purchasing from India). Going to bed.

He's baaaaaack

header.jpg

[quote name="spoderman" post="12229352" timestamp="1415685328"]sweetja, you might wanna start merging your posts rather than double/triple posting.[/quote]
Maybe he's on mobile. It's impossible to multi quote on mobile browsers (unless you switch to desktop version... But no)

I'm using tapatalk again, and is working fine until now. I stopped using it because it had too many bugs, but not anymore.

Maybe he's on mobile. It's impossible to multi quote on mobile browsers (unless you switch to desktop version... But no) I'm using tapatalk again, and is working fine until now. I stopped using it because it had too many bugs, but not anymore.
We have a winner. I switched to my pc long enough to install went back to my comfortable chair with my tablet to post. Plus if I log in on my computer my mobile switches to the desktop theme and I have to switch back when I go back to my tablet or phone. Since I am mostly mobile and there is no end to my laziness that wasn't happening last night.

I also uninstalled tapatalk awhile ago due to general buginess. I may have to give it another go but man I worry. It was ugly for a while and the bizarre shit it did without warning is not something I want to go back to.

MZf9PcT.png

Hola extension ---> Mexico region ---> Origin.com ----> DA:I para $40 or $44 para digital deluxe

Worked for me with Titanfall and Watch_Dogs at launch. Then again both those games were piles of shit and got good reviews as well. 

MZf9PcT.png

Hola extension ---> Mexico region ---> Origin.com ----> DA:I para $40 or $44 para digital deluxe

Worked for me with Titanfall and Watch_Dogs at launch. Then again both those games were piles of shit and got good reviews as well.
That's still a lot of lawns to mow/rich white kids to abduct and hold for ransom.

FUUUUU- the game won't unlock for me. I think they applied the India release date to my order somehow. In my Origin library it clearly states Nov 11 3AM. On origin.com order details it says delayed til Nov 12 and they haven't charged me. On Origin India store it says Nov 13th.

Ah well at least I saved $50 (by purchasing from India). Going to bed.
Thank you Origin and thank you India. Due to the delayed unlocking I was able to cancel my pre-order of this disaster. No more pre-orders from me, Ubisoft. And fuck you Alex Amancio.

57JPQqE.jpg
tumblr_inline_ndrmfwhLbv1t2m9ry.gif

Thank you Origin and thank you India. Due to the delayed unlocking I was able to cancel my pre-order of this disaster. No more pre-orders from me, Ubisoft. And fuck you Alex Amancio.
Amen. Still have FC4 on pre-order since the engine is supposedly close to the FC3 engine so I assume it'll at least be playable. Cancelled my Indian AC: Unity pre-order and feel like I dodged a bullet.

Completely unrelated to anything - is anyone else having trouble getting Youtube videos to play?

(I'm using chrome and am just getting a black box instead of a video). 

A quick google search didn't yield anything relevant.

Completely unrelated to anything - is anyone else having trouble getting Youtube videos to play?

(I'm using chrome and am just getting a black box instead of a video).

A quick google search didn't yield anything relevant.
nope.

Amen. Still have FC4 on pre-order since the engine is supposedly close to the FC3 engine so I assume it'll at least be playable. Cancelled my Indian AC: Unity pre-order and feel like I dodged a bullet.
FC3 had some really annoying stuttering for me whenever I moved the camera, til at least 3 months after release when they finally patched it. I've avoided almost all of the FC4 hype so I have no problem passing on it and picking it up later. Ubisoft is not getting any more of my pre-order monies. I can't cancel my Crew PS4 pre-order but judging from the betas I'm gonna sell it as soon as I get it.

FHy9qGV.gif

That's still a lot of lawns to mow/rich white kids to abduct and hold for ransom.
You mean student teaching jobs to take where after protesting working conditions you get sold out to cartels and then get murdered, burned, and dumped in a river.

Awww. I'm really disappointed at what's going on with AC Unity. I got it cheap (I traded 10 TF2 keys for a Nvidia Promo Code) so its not a total loss and when I started last night I only played til I got into a city and killing a few guards before having to get to bed. Now Im reading the reviews and they're pretty universal and my biggest fear for the game (that its boring) seem to have been realized. I'm going to continue to play for the time being but definitely a let down especially considering the setting. The French Revolution is a perfect historical waypoint to mine a game from, but yeah big disappointment. Maybe I'll like it, but if its boring universally, Im sure I will agree. 

That said, this has nothing to do with the myriad of technical issues many are having with the PC version. I've not experienced any yet but have been reading others having issues. 

New Releases

AC Unity- $59.99

Five Nights At Freddy's 2- $7.99

Elliot Quest- $9.99

Royal Defense- $5.39

Valkyria Chronicles- $19.99

Leona's Tricky Adventures- $7.49

Get off my Lawn!- Free

Toybox Turbos- $14.99

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham- $29.99

MASSIVE CHALICE(early access)- $22.49

Over the Void- $4.24