Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the odd exception, prices are usually the same or cheaper during the Christmas sale.
Last year was the infamous leaked memo saying that games in the fall sale wouldn't be further discounted for the winter sale. Take that as you will for this season's sales.

I have a ridiculous amount of GabeNBux in my wallet so I might wind up treating myself to a fairly recent game if they can squeeze even 33% or more out of it.

Aside from the odd exception, prices are usually the same or cheaper during the Christmas sale.
Dem exceptions! I don't care what the discount prices are; it's all about those price/regional glitches. And a bigger sale event means more hoarders you can depend on even if you miss it live.

Last year was the infamous leaked memo saying that games in the fall sale wouldn't be further discounted for the winter sale. Take that as you will for this season's sales.

I have a ridiculous amount of GabeNBux in my wallet so I might wind up treating myself to a fairly recent game if they can squeeze even 33% or more out of it.
I went the opposite route and decided to complete card sets in anticipation of peak prices come the Winter sale. It may bite me in the ass, but I prefer to craft badges anyways. Good point about the leak, but at this stage and with this backlog, I can afford to keep expectations low about the sale itself.

I need to find a place to hide - I mean conveniently disappear, before the holiday sale comes and I start staying up till 5AM to update the OP nobody reads.
Update the what?

The-Andy-Griffith-Show-classic-television-revisited-3785078-320-240.jpg

spaces man you need random spaces

theres no way to link two steam accounts into one is there. Somehow i got all of my sega crap on an old steam account.
Well you could always ask support and hoping you get one who's having a great day and forgets to be bad support agent.

[quote name="shrinerr" post="12250222" timestamp="1416345352"]why don't you get someone to help you? i'm sure someone is already up at those times. and btw, i am NOT volunteering...[/quote]My vote goes to what are

Far Cry 4 looks great, even on medium settings. If you've been wavering on whether to fakeybro cuz you have a crap rig like i do , i think it's still worth it.
I played Far Cry 3 quite recently.

I will wait on playing what looks + sounds to be "more of the same."

FC4 doesn't look like something I'm really looking to #fakeybro.

I don't know what it was about Far Cry 3, it was fun, but something felt...off. Like the controls were just a tiny tad clunky, and I couldn't get really into the game for some intangible reason I can't put my finger on. I've been playing Blood Dragon today, and I feel the same way about it. It was good, and I'll pick up Far Cry 4 eventually...but only at price glitch level or in a few years when it's five dollars.

Dem exceptions! I don't care what the discount prices are; it's all about those price/regional glitches. And a bigger sale event means more hoarders you can depend on even if you miss it live.

I went the opposite route and decided to complete card sets in anticipation of peak prices come the Winter sale. It may bite me in the ass, but I prefer to craft badges anyways. Good point about the leak, but at this stage and with this backlog, I can afford to keep expectations low about the sale itself.
If card money peaks during the winter sale it's probably a good thing I'm locked out of the market right now. I cancelled my steam preorder of FFXIII-2 because it was cheaper to get it from GMG with the standard 10% off coupled with another 25% playfire coupon (plus no taxes). It's $6 cheaper from GMG($13.50).

sidenote: I've had 60+ card drops in the past 2 days without 1 foil.

question: If i buy the ultimate edition of skyrim can I play my save file of the standard edition on it? I just want it for the DLC.

Anyone know if there is a difference in content between Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box on Steam vs. Origin?

I have both version and finally decided to play it but I can't tell if there are any differences between the versions.

*paging MysterD*

I don't know what it was about Far Cry 3, it was fun, but something felt...off. Like the controls were just a tiny tad clunky, and I couldn't get really into the game for some intangible reason I can't put my finger on. I've been playing Blood Dragon today, and I feel the same way about it. It was good, and I'll pick up Far Cry 4 eventually...but only at price glitch level or in a few years when it's five dollars.
Did you tweak the config? Even though you can turn off mouse acceleration in the game, it's still there. After I did the tweak, the sluggish movement is gone.

Speak for yourself - I had a blast w/ FC3; and was fine w/ the PC KB-mouse controls.

I just wish the story + characters had more meat to them, though - seemed lacking. But, that seems to be a UbiSoft trait of late, anyways - i.e. also see Watch Dogs and AC3.

Of course, Vaas was probably one of the very few interesting characters in FC3, anyways.

Anyone know if there is a difference in content between Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box on Steam vs. Origin?

I have both version and finally decided to play it but I can't tell if there are any differences between the versions.

*paging MysterD*
I don't recall any differences b/t the 2 versions.

BTW - if you have it on Steam, check the Registry after you do the download.

There might be a key in the registry for the Origin version, so you can add that to your Origin account.

Speak for yourself - I had a blast w/ FC3; and was fine w/ the PC KB-mouse controls.

I just wish the story + characters had more meat to them, though - seemed lacking. But, that seems to be a UbiSoft trait of late, anyways - i.e. also see Watch Dogs and AC3.

Of course, Vaas was probably one of the very few interesting characters in FC3, anyways.
FC3 was good, just not $60,$40,$30 good...maybe not even $25 good...although, I think that's what I picked it up for....and wasn't really disappointed at $25. Just don't think/expect too much from the story....I kinda like the main character "progression" in a tongue-in-cheek action-hero kinda vein....

I don't know what it was about Far Cry 3, it was fun, but something felt...off.
I enjoyed FC3 quite a bit. I mean, it wasn't high art but it was fun for what it was, the island was nice to look at (esp. compared to the usual grey/brown FPS palette), the wildlife was a cool touch, etc. Story kind of crapped out after Vaas but I wasn't really playing it for its awesome story.

But right now I'm doing the Dragon Age: Inquisition thing so it doesn't make sense to buy a new full price game just to backlog. We'll see where I'm at come Christmas and if it gets a discount better than 25% (which I doubt but who knows).

FC3 was good, just not $60,$40,$30 good...maybe not even $25 good...although, I think that's what I picked it up for....and wasn't really disappointed at $25. Just don't think/expect too much from the story....I kinda like the main character "progression" in a tongue-in-cheek action-hero kinda vein....
I bought FC3 Deluxe + Blood Dragon bundle for around $16 from Amazon DVG, way back.

Gotta admit that FC3's story was a hundred times better than FC2's story.  So, you know... it's got that going for it I guess.

i never got into Blood Dragon.  Fun concept and I got it free from the AMD bundle promo thingie but the dark blue and neon pink color scheme was unplayable for me after about an hour or so.  I just couldn't stand to look at the game any more.

Gotta admit that FC3's story was a hundred times better than FC2's story.
I never played FC2, but I can say without a doubt that the above statement is completely false. In FC3 you play as a mangina, so unless you play as a tampon inside a mangina in FC2, I don't see how it could be worse.

But right now I'm doing the Dragon Age: Inquisition thing so it doesn't make sense to buy a new full price game just to backlog. We'll see where I'm at come Christmas and if it gets a discount better than 25% (which I doubt but who knows).
Might be too early to ask - but, how's Inquisition?

Any problems arise from Denuvo "Anti-tamper" (DRM)?

I never played FC2, but I can say without a doubt that the above statement is completely false. In FC3 you play as a mangina, so unless you play as a tampon inside a mangina in FC2, I don't see how it could be worse.
You play as a mangina tampon with malaria. So it's even more gripping than you thought.

Might be too early to ask - but, how's Inquisition?

Any problems arise from Denuvo "Anti-tamper" (DRM)?
Barely got into it (effectively in the tutorial/exposition phase) but it looks nice on my system, plays well and no DRM issues that I know of. I don't have an fps meter running but it seems smooth enough to me.

Controls are taking a little getting used to.

New Releases

Adventure Time- Secret of the Nameless Kingdom- $39.99

Escape Dead Island- $39.99

Rollers of the Realm- $9.99

Pro Wrestling X(early access)- $9.99

Solar Struggle- $5.99

Never Alone- $13.49

The Blue Flamingo- $4.99

KEL Reaper of Entropy(out of early access)- $2.99

Far Cry 4- $59.99

We Slay Monsters(early access)- $3.99

Soul Axiom(early access)- $17.99

I've got some news for you...

Untitled.jpg

New Releases

Pro Wrestling X(early access)- $9.99
holy shit, they dropped this the same day as WWE 2K15 current gen, HAH. warning for anyone hoping to play a fully fleshed out wrestling game, it is not. it's 2 wrestlers with 2 moves, a punch and a suplex, that's it. do not expect this to be a playable product for a very long time. so why buy it? for the promise of a decent pc wrestling game. for those tired of the same old crap put out year after year on consoles. 2K had over a year to work on current gen WWE2K, and it is still EXTREMELY disappointing. so yeah drop 10 bucks on this, and maybe in a year or so, play a crazy fun pc wrestling game.

holy shit, they dropped this the same day as WWE 2K15 current gen, HAH. warning for anyone hoping to play a fully fleshed out wrestling game, it is not. it's 2 wrestlers with 2 moves, a punch and a suplex, that's it. do not expect this to be a playable product for a very long time. so why buy it? for the promise of a decent pc wrestling game. for those tired of the same old crap put out year after year on consoles. 2K had over a year to work on current gen WWE2K, and it is still EXTREMELY disappointing. so yeah drop 10 bucks on this, and maybe in a year or so, play a crazy fun pc wrestling game.
i heard of that one, looks cool. i'll probably wait a few months and see if they even update it alot. But for now its WWE time ;/

i heard of that one, looks cool. i'll probably wait a few months and see if they even update it alot. But for now its WWE time ;/

looks like this game has been in development for like 12 years.....it would be nice to get a wrestling game on Steam but I don't have high hopes for this one.

A lot of bundle games got greenlit recently, I'm copying this from SPUF so don't kill me if any of the bundle info is wrong. These were all greenlit:

We Slay Monsters: Flying Greenlight 2 (has a store page on steam now, not sure when it got greenlit)

Rock Zombie: IR Debut 15 (also has store page on steam)

Don't Move: IR MIXER 5, FB Greenlight 2,LGS Blurred Shapes 
Star Traders 4X Empires: Groupees BAGB10 

Square Heroes: IR Discovery

Micy Roll: IR DEBUT 17 IG Weekly 15
Fake Colours: Groupees BAGB12
The Ingenious Machine - New and Improved Edition: Groupees BAGB9
Drive to Hell: Groupees BAGB5 and IGS
Yrminsul: IG GL3, IR DEBUT 12, LGS Blurred Shapes, Groupees Spotlight
Monsters!: IGS, IR Nutcracker

I think I'm seconds away from buying Dragon Age off Origin Mexico! Should I pay the extra $5 for horse armor (comes with a horse)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back