Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
boy steam inventory helper is a godsend to get rid of my idled cards, just dumped 200 cards onto the marketplace with it.  thats like... $20 WOOHOO IM RICH

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl?hl=en

for those who haven't used it clicking on multi sell is the fastest way, click it, all the stuff you wanna dump, the sell button, then check all the little boxes (i agree auto accept auto adjust) and it'll go through one by one by itself and list them.  saves a ton of time

actual steam winter sale starts on the 18th, i'm not even bothering with this auction crap of the 3 games i'd want all are at 50k+ gems

Speaking of which, since they patched it has the port upgraded from absolute shit clueless Japanese port to sort of tolerable now?

Well I have my first auction prize, 5750 gems for Unclaimed World.

Paid ~£3.10ish in gems (assuming costs for selling said gems) for a £11.99 game, so it's pretty much 75% off. I'm happy as I now have a badge to show how awesome I am.

:whee:

boy steam inventory helper is a godsend to get rid of my idled cards, just dumped 200 cards onto the marketplace with it. thats like... $20 WOOHOO IM RICH

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl?hl=en

for those who haven't used it clicking on multi sell is the fastest way, click it, all the stuff you wanna dump, the sell button, then check all the little boxes (i agree auto accept auto adjust) and it'll go through one by one by itself and list them. saves a ton of time

actual steam winter sale starts on the 18th, i'm not even bothering with this auction crap of the 3 games i'd want all are at 50k+ gems
Is this thing safe? First I've heard of it, although if I can safely list 20+ pages of cards easily it would be a big help. Wish I would have known about it before I spent half the weekend doing just that.

Hatred removed from Steam Greenlight.  In comments to Eurogamer Doug Lombardi confirmed it won't be on Steam.  Why, Gabe, why?

Is this thing safe? First I've heard of it, although if I can safely list 20+ pages of cards easily it would be a big help. Wish I would have known about it before I spent half the weekend doing just that.
I used it (the Firefox version) to list all my holiday cards. I checked the code and there wasn't any suspicious stuff in there, but I'm not that good at this, so...

BOOM! Tango Fiesta for 3675 gems. Looks like a BroForce knock-off. Spent £1.98 in gems for a £9.99 game. 80% off.

BOOM! Fabula Mortis for 1650 gems. Don't even know what this game is but is was cheap. Spent 89p in gems for an £8.99 game. 90% off.

I may have a problem.

giphy.gif

p.s. For all those of you who love FoxHack's in-game commentary, I apologise. I'm going to be quite awful for a while.

p.s. For all those of you who love FoxHack's in-game commentary, I apologise. I'm going to be quite awful for a while.
Hey, you got a deal on that game. Not bad.

I'm looking at some games too but the only one I want is already up to 2000 gems and it'll be bundled again sooner or later.

BOOM! Tango Fiesta for 3675 gems. Looks like a BroForce knock-off. Spent £1.98 in gems for a £9.99 game. 80% off.

BOOM! Fabula Mortis for 1650 gems. Don't even know what this game is but is was cheap. Spent 89p in gems for an £8.99 game. 90% off.

I may have a problem.
Well, I'm certainly looking forward to the Humble ' fuck that Flowette Guy' Bundle :booty:

Well I have my first auction prize, 5750 gems for Unclaimed World.

Paid ~£3.10ish in gems (assuming costs for selling said gems) for a £11.99 game, so it's pretty much 75% off. I'm happy as I now have a badge to show how awesome I am.

:whee:
i didn't get a badge for winning a winter auction :( what badge did you get?

i bid some random rpg 1900 coins and won, game is currently $10 and i paid $1.9x for the 2000 gems so don't feel too bad but still i wanna hear about this badge!!

Wow, this is garbage. Gem bids are still through the roof. There's nothing worth less than 1000 gems, and I only have 100. What'll happen to those when this is all over?

Wow, this is garbage. Gem bids are still through the roof. There's nothing worth less than 1000 gems, and I only have 100. What'll happen to those when this is all over?
They leap back into the great Gaben's fun hole until the next big sale.

Speaking of gems, how do I access the Russian auctions? I've no doubt it's much cheaper.

Next year you can melt down your gems into glass and use glass to buy Steam dust which you can sprinkle up your nose to get high.

Also, CAGers, I know the Amazon PCDD deals have been nonexistent and shitty for the last two years, but this is no way to respond:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Witnesses-Evacuation-at-Amazon-campus-after-bomb-threat-285863251.html

Not cool.

You're stuck holding the bag... of gems.  There might be a few crappy/obscure games you can snag but, overall, the savings isn't any greater than simply buying games at their usual sale discounts.  It benefits people who had a lot of crap in their inventory but if you're buying gems for money it isn't that great of a savings.

Next year you can melt down your gems into glass and use glass to buy Steam dust which you can sprinkle up your nose to get high.

Also, CAGers, I know the Amazon PCDD deals have been nonexistent and shitty for the last two years, but this is no way to respond:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Witnesses-Evacuation-at-Amazon-campus-after-bomb-threat-285863251.html

Not cool.

i bid some random rpg 1900 coins and won, game is currently $10 and i paid $1.9x for the 2000 gems so don't feel too bad but still i wanna hear about this badge!!
It looks like this:

xizKv0v.png

I didn't need it until I heard The End needed it, then I needed it.

I need it for the same reason that I have a Steam Level of 81 - reasons. Mostly pointless, pixelated reasons. Some people like to squeeze every penny from their Steam collection, others like silly metagames; I'm the latter.

p.s. I now have a spreadsheet. I definitely have a problem.

"Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Team Fortress 2 either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help matain a safe and healthy item economy within Team Fortress 2."

Sure, Valve. Fraud and scams. Right.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Mann%20Co.%20Supply%20Crate%20Key
If that doesn't severely deflate key values, I don't know what will. :whistle2:(

"Note: Starting in the next few days, items purchased for Team Fortress 2 either in-game or on the Steam Community Market will not be tradable or marketable for one week after purchase. We are making this change to combat fraud and scams, and to help matain a safe and healthy item economy within Team Fortress 2."

Sure, Valve. Fraud and scams. Right.

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/440/Mann%20Co.%20Supply%20Crate%20Key
Just to add to this it applies to CSGO and Dota 2 stuff as well and the same note appears on those games' keys also.

I joined in the Idlemaster thing now, its pretty good so far. there a way to check which cards are worth more before i idle?

Hatred shot up to #7 on Greenlight within a couple of hours.  But 'based on what Valve saw' it's not appropriate.  Derp.

steam_fail.jpg

Yup, I don't see them leaving it untouched for too long... I also think RDR will get released on the XBone and PS4 (and PC just because the architecture is pretty much the same) as I'm sure it will be extremely profitable with console gamers being so willing to buy the same game over and over again.
exactly.. RDR will get some sort of re-release or sequel for sure.

Devil May Cry 4 is re-released...AGAIN.. on XB1 and PS4.. and the past sale figure wasn't that good compared to RDR.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/12/15/dmc-devil-may-cry-devil-may-cry-4-head-to-ps4-xbox-one/

There is a setting to idle cards based on highest drop value. Detailed in the readme.
No no, it's on highest drop count - how many cards the game has to drop. Not their value. Though that'd be rad.

Oh and I won an auction for Yar's Revenge. 2333 gems. Now to sell the rest of them, buy keys, and sell off the rest of my wallet for paypal I guess. :p

No no, it's on highest drop count - how many cards the game has to drop. Not their value. Though that'd be rad.

Oh and I won an auction for Yar's Revenge. 2333 gems. Now to sell the rest of them, buy keys, and sell off the rest of my wallet for paypal I guess. :p
Nah, there's a setting based on highest value as well.

"Sort=”mostvalue” – This option will tell Idle Master that you would like to idle the games with the highest market value of available cards first, then work down the list until it idles the game with the lowest card market value last. This is accomplished by using the Enhanced Steam API to pull the average price per card drop of each game you need to idle and multiplying it by the number of available drops. Because of the additional data requests that this requires, setting this option will cause additional waiting time when the program is first starting up. This option is the best way to maximize your profits from idling."

Nah, there's a setting based on highest value as well.

"Sort=”mostvalue” – This option will tell Idle Master that you would like to idle the games with the highest market value of available cards first, then work down the list until it idles the game with the lowest card market value last. This is accomplished by using the Enhanced Steam API to pull the average price per card drop of each game you need to idle and multiplying it by the number of available drops. Because of the additional data requests that this requires, setting this option will cause additional waiting time when the program is first starting up. This option is the best way to maximize your profits from idling."
Well then, I never noticed that setting. My bad.

Did you craft any gems from your inventory, or did you only buy sacks from the market? The badge initially starts from crafting, then morphs from bidding, and finally winning.

Don't know what happens if you skip step 1, but thinking that may be your circumstance.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES

Minimum:
OS: Windows Vista SP2 x64, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64 (64-bit OS Required)
Processor: Core i5-4460 (3.40GHz) or better *Quad-Core or better
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (4GB) or better (DirectX 11 graphics card required)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

Core i5-4460 really?

We need MysterD to begin starting petitions on change.org.
4GB VRAM of GeForce GTX 650 required?

Are you freaking' kidding me?!?!?!

Gem price is going crazy. I'm in two minds over whether to cash out or hold tight for 24 hours and then start bidding again.

This has been jolly good fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back