Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
New Releases

Vagante(early access)- $14.99

Rime Berta- $13.49

Acension: Deckbuilding Game- $9.99

Sky Mercenaries- $8.49

Dream Tale- $4.24

KoF 98- $14.99

Subnautica(early access)- $17.99

Dangerous- $16.99

FRONTIERS(early access)- $14.99

Clash of Puppers- $2.99

National Zombie Park- $6.79

NEO Scavenger(out of early access)- $14.99

Town of Salem- $4.99

Metrocide(out of early access)- $11.04

LISA- $8.99

fault milestone one- $11.24

theHunter: Primal(early access)- $19.99

People go in and out of key trading every day. Sure, they may have had some inside information, but I don't think there's a conspiracy here. I think Valve are actually doing right by the developers b/c the ruble is in such a shambles and they lose a lot of money because of that. Obviously, we as consumers want the cheapest price so its natural for us to be like fuck YOU VOLVO.

And yes, this is a game changer completely. I reckon 99% of my game purchases on PC are via trading and have been for the last 2 years. If a game is region locked it greatly affects whether or not I will get it or not. This upcoming sale won't affect me too much in this respect as my target list is low and I generally am more flexible during sales, but regular year round purchases will be greatly affected. There's so many games I'd never have even considered getting but I did because of the ability to save so much with trading.

I think the effect on keys will be slower to manifest itself as there are still thousands of gifts that are not locked out there (this new rule is not applied retroactively). You cant judge it by the sale as key prices always plummet during sales either. Its going to be really interesting to see where the TF2 economy is in about a month or two.
Well said. Thank you for this response as it hits many true points. I also agree that Steam/Valve is trying to protect the developers. Even though as I consumer I want to buy at a low price, I do want the developer to stay in business and make more games for me to play (I really mean to collect/backlog).

So everything bought, old or new from Russia and CIS, and Indonesia is region-locked now. Guess the whole thing with keys doesn't matter anymore. Damn.

Edit: To be clear, not retroactive it seems. (If its in inventory.)
now i go find me some money now i blame u all i missing alot of games that i was buying

So everything bought, old or new from Russia and CIS, and Indonesia is region-locked now. Guess the whole thing with keys doesn't matter anymore. Damn.

Edit: To be clear, not retroactive it seems. (If its in inventory.)
now i go find me some money now i blame u all i missing alot of games that i was buying for winter should hav e brought during fall sale thanks tomasety

That Paranautical Activity developer had the right idea about GabeN.
Uh oh, looks like Moober's Big Day Out is getting pulled from Steam.

On your CAG account today there were a series of messages where you expressed your frustration with Steam. We are generally comfortable with partners expressing this type of frustration or any other viewpoint directly with us or publicly through social media and the press. But one of your whines this afternoon was a threat to kill one of our colleagues. Death threats cross a line. We have therefore decided to end our business relationship with you and PooPoo Indie."

"We've closed down your Steam admin accounts and we're removing the game from purchase on Steam. We will leave make Community Hub available so that existing customers will continue to have a place to discuss the game. Our understanding is that you're done developing the game, but if you need to ship an update to Steam customers, get in touch with us and we can help ship the update out for you."

No more Russian trading...

Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure.

bvvrNvY.gif

Guess I should have bought Prison Architect for rubles last sale... and guess I won't be buying crap this time. When their sales tank maybe they'll reassess this decision.
I'm in the same boat, I almost bought the Introversioner upgrade since it was so cheap last sale... why did I have to wait...

Cashed out on most of my wallet, sold all my keys at a slight loss, grabbed one last game from a trader, and that's it.

It's all bundles from now on.

I understand why they did what they did, but it will change my buying behavior a bit.

Sites like Nuuvem are not affected though, because they're dealing in keys and not gifts. Other than that, I guess things kind of revert to pre-trading days (minus the good Steam sales).

./ Bundles :p

./ Nuuvem :p

./ Accidentally good Steam sales (aka glitches) :p

./ Traders :no:

The party's not completely over.

Ok, so here it goes. My last 5 transregional purchases:

- Van Helsing II : Complete Pack

- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD and 2 Complete Bundle

- some Total War: ROME II DLC

- Borderlands 2 GOTY

- The Witcher 3 RU OLD

That was fun.

I understand why they did what they did, but it will change my buying behavior a bit.

Sites like Nuuvem are not affected though, because they're dealing in keys and not gifts. Other than that, I guess things kind of revert to pre-trading days (minus the good Steam sales).

./ Bundles :p

./ Nuuvem :p

./ Accidentally good Steam sales (aka glitches) :p

./ Traders :no:

The party's not completely over.
This probably won't influence my buying behavior all that much. The only difference is without traders I may be more willing to wait for a bundle a bit longer than in the past.

My complete hall of shame of cross regional purchases. Thank me for bundles that included these.

Spacebase GIFT
Hack 'n' Slash
Lichdom: Battlemage
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition GIFT (region lock didn't work)
Bulletstorm
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition - Pre-Purchase
Celebrat10n TrackMania Complete Pack
The Witcher 3 RU OLD
DmC: Devil May Cry (ROW)
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Resident Evil 6 Complete ROW
Resident Evil Revelations - RU/CIS
Resident Evil 4 (RU/CIS)
FaeVerse Alchemy
Asteria
Toki Tori 2+
Valiant Hearts: The Great War / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre (RU)
Omerta - City of Gangsters Gift 4-Pack
Tropico 5 4-Pack Gift Pre-Order
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Version
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Gift (RU+CIS)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle
Reus
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Shadow Warrior - Pre-Purchase
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Pre-Purchase (RoW)

My complete hall of shame of cross regional purchases. Thank me for bundles that included these.

Spacebase GIFT
Hack 'n' Slash
Lichdom: Battlemage
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition GIFT (region lock didn't work)
Bulletstorm
Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor Premium Edition - Pre-Purchase
Celebrat10n TrackMania Complete Pack
The Witcher 3 RU OLD
DmC: Devil May Cry (ROW)
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Resident Evil 6 Complete ROW
Resident Evil Revelations - RU/CIS
Resident Evil 4 (RU/CIS)
FaeVerse Alchemy
Asteria
Toki Tori 2+
Valiant Hearts: The Great War / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre (RU)
Omerta - City of Gangsters Gift 4-Pack
Tropico 5 4-Pack Gift Pre-Order
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Version
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2 Gift (RU+CIS)
Giana Sisters: Twisted Bundle
Reus
Time Gentlemen, Please!
Batman Arkham City GOTY
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY
Shadow Warrior - Pre-Purchase
Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World Pre-Purchase (RoW)
Imma play too, prices where I remember them

Valiant Hearts - 1 TF2 key on release day

South Park Stick of Truth - 8 TF2 keys pre-release

The Witcher 3 RU OLD - 7 TF2 keys pre release

Sniper Elite 3 - 7 TF2 keys pre-release

Shadow of Mordor Premium - 10 TF2 keys pre-release

Alien Isolation Premium - 12 TF2 keys pre-release

Well, I could play more, but Id reckon 75%+ of my games are gotten from trading. These are the ones that stand out immediately for price gets and timing of when I got them.

Here's my last 5 of all time :( :

- The Cave

- Distance

- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

- Broken Age

- Endless Legend Emperor Edition

I'm not sure I'd have an interest in a game like Hatred, but it probably deserves a shot on Steam.  Let's be honest here.  Tons of people play very violent games.  They just happen to be whitewashed with a layer of "those  guys are bad because.."

"No, no guys, it's perfectly fine that I cut that guy in half with a machine gun.  He was a nazi/monster/bad guy/shot my dog."

Just as long the game isn't about a real life tragedy or people, I suppose they should be able to  develop what they want.

I have no room to speak against violent games.  I had SO much fun blasting bad guys to little chunks in Fallout 3 and New Vegas. HEADSHOT! SPLAT!

Hahaha... I recently traded some Amazon credit for an allotment of TF2 keys a few days ago in anticipation for the Winter sale...

Joey-Laughter-then-Yeah-Friends.gif

Time to go see what's left out there...

Re: Trading with Russkis

All this ever did was make me buy games I didn't really need a little earlier than I would've done. Why wait for a 66% sale when Jake can sell you it in Pandamoney? I guess I'll go back to regular deal-hunting. If anything, Russian prices took away some of the fun of looking for a deal.

Does anybody know if UK/US trades are allowed? The Queen's Currency is infinitely superior of course, but sometimes there's a good 20-25% discount between the two.

can you buy a gift for someone on steam without being a steam member? A friends mom wants to buy him tales from the borderlands, but she has no steam account and frankly can barely even work a mouse. Can she purchase it for him without an account, or would I have to buy it for him on my account as a gift and just have her pay me back?

can you buy a gift for someone on steam without being a steam member? A friends mom wants to buy him tales from the borderlands, but she has no steam account and frankly can barely even work a mouse. Can she purchase it for him without an account, or would I have to buy it for him on my account as a gift and just have her pay me back?
You have to have an account. She could always buy a Steam gift card.

oh yea i forgot those exist. IS that something you can just get at any store?

ALso i checked their webpage and they have a regular buy option, not through steam

http://www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/buy

hows that work? Is it a DRM free version or do you have to d.load their client or what?
Lots of retailers sell Steam cards now... Gamestop, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and probably a dozen other places.

Telltale sells its own Steam-free version. I've heard it has SecuROM in place of Steam as DRM.

Re: Trading with Russkis

All this ever did was make me buy games I didn't really need a little earlier than I would've done. Why wait for a 66% sale when Jake can sell you it in Pandamoney? I guess I'll go back to regular deal-hunting. If anything, Russian prices took away some of the fun of looking for a deal.

Does anybody know if UK/US trades are allowed? The Queen's Currency is infinitely superior of course, but sometimes there's a good 20-25% discount between the two.
They should be allowed. Even Norway too.

Any DLC whores that don't have Mafia 2 Betrayal of Jimmy might want to hunt down an old gift copy asap. New gifts for it will be impossible to activate without VPN, unless you live in Russia.

Also, it's hard to say but it looks like key prices may be tanking.. TF2 keys are down to around $2.30, and CS GO keys are below that.

So apparently Gaben personally saved Hatred lol

http://www.pcgamer.com/hatred-reinstated-on-steam-greenlight/

Now, it's back on Steam Greenlight. According to the game's developers, Gabe Newell contacted them to say the following:

"Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers."

So apparently Gaben personally saved Hatred lol

http://www.pcgamer.com/hatred-reinstated-on-steam-greenlight/

Now, it's back on Steam Greenlight. According to the game's developers, Gabe Newell contacted them to say the following:

"Yesterday I heard that we were taking Hatred down from Greenlight. Since I wasn't up to speed, I asked around internally to find out why we had done that. It turns out that it wasn't a good decision, and we'll be putting Hatred back up. My apologies to you and your team. Steam is about creating tools for content creators and customers."
Well, unlike the ridiculous complaints about the GTA series, this really does seem like a murder (or more specifically mass murder) simulator. I understand why Valve didn't want to greenlight it and I think it was probably the right thing to do to pull it.

Well, unlike the ridiculous complaints about the GTA series, this really does seem like a murder (or more specifically mass murder) simulator. I understand why Valve didn't want to greenlight it and I think it was probably the right thing to do to pull it.
So hotline Miami is ok because it's pixelated?

To me this is just a copy of postal and that's on steam too

So hotline Miami is ok because it's pixelated?
Not to mention the first Postal in which the entire purpose of the game is to murder as many people as possible in every level and the last level is the main character attempting to massacre an elementary school but only fails because his mind finally breaks down.

Here's some crap I don't where to dump.

ShinyLoot
4X9U5-WVYEC-OW3YZ-6OEN9
4SENV-3I8EL-T8X3R-1YTB5
4VEM4-E4WGM-SCEGJ-ACIHO
56AKI-56IZS-EMI8F-XS3RG
55TVE-6JCVN-U1JZY-YG68N
4JNJG-G4CNI-JRLPM-EWB73
531O6-L78NP-J5LUN-UPR79
4BGQM-VXCOM-PEUPN-IVFC2

Status
Not open for further replies.