Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
So has anyone played The Secret World? I like conspiracy shit, and liked the concept of The Matrix Online, if not its execution. Never considered it at full price, though, and then forgot it existed.

I've also been hearing a strange amount of chatter about TSW, considering every time my first thought is "that isn't dead yet?"

Just wondering if it's worth 10 bux to mess around with.
Oh, God, don't get them started. You'll feel the heat from their TSW erections for miles.

So has anyone played The Secret World? I like conspiracy shit, and liked the concept of The Matrix Online, if not its execution. Never considered it at full price, though, and then forgot it existed.

I've also been hearing a strange amount of chatter about TSW, considering every time my first thought is "that isn't dead yet?"

It fine to play solo...obviously its a MMO so it has its MMO hooks but overall its not a bad game

Yes, it is very much worth a shot. The MMO mechanics are solid/modern/streamlined. Where it really shines is in the world it creates, if you're interested in the TSW world, try it.

It's been as low as $7.50 for non-steam. Massive is a good deal, if you wind up playing for long enough to get there (many 10s of hours in).

The other NFS games got the 80% off as well.

Need for Speed Undercover ($1.99) and Need for Speed Shift ($3.99) and Shift 2 Unleashed ($3.99)

Lara Croft came two weeks ago, and is -50% :p
So?

Sleeping Dogs DE came out around the same time and it's on sale at 66% off.
Lara Croft underwhelmed in reviews, and I'm guessing doesn't have the same type of demand Grimrock 2 does, a lauded title which is sought after by the PC gaming community. Sleeping Dogs is a re-release. It's called basic economics, people. Not to mention that Square Enix is notorious for discounting their titles pretty quickly. I realize the sale's underwhelming but you need to look at it from the perspective that this is a business which is driven by revenue, not a consumer charity.

Why hasn't anyone talked about the DrSasquatch situation?

yeti.jpg

You want my code? I already have the game.
Nah, I'm good. In all honesty, the reason it caught my eye is the kid has been begging to play Club Penguin or some such nonsense from TV commercials.... I gave her a copy of SSB instead and am watching her go to town :)

Hm, the lackluster discount on Lego Batman 3 made me check Nuuvem, where it's $11 USD.  Oddly Nuuvem doesn't appear to carry the season pass.

Edit: But the season pass is 50% off on Steam.

Now in bundle!
Couldn't you have made it a better bundle? ^_~

I only don't own MURI from the $1 tier.

In the BTA tier, Race the Sun (excellent) has been $1, Tiny Brains is deeply flawed (online coop is broke, and SP ain't worth playing)... and I own both.

So $6 for DRP is a disappointing pass.

Couldn't you have made it a better bundle? ^_~

I only don't own MURI from the $1 tier.

In the BTA tier, Race the Sun (excellent) has been $1, Tiny Brains is deeply flawed (online coop is broke, and SP ain't worth playing)... and I own both.

So $6 for DRP is a disappointing pass.
Same, plus I also own Muri.

[SIZE=14.3999996185303px]FakeCAG.[/SIZE]

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.305706400/sac.true

King's Bounty: Dark Side is $7.50(75%) at uplay store. anyone know if this gives a Steam key? it shows up on ES so it might be?

and yes, i am willing to buy this now to expedite this game getting bundled
Yes, I just bought it and the email contained a key which could be activated either on uplay or steam.

Half the price of the humble bundle and $5 cheaper than it's been on sale elsewhere, now I'll just wait a week for the inevitable DLC announcement to come out :D

Okay, Evil Within, newer release and not a rerelease and that is 60% off.

My point stands.
Evil within also didn't get exceptional reviews (especially the pc version, which had technical difficulties if i recall), and didn't sell all that well. Pricing is typically driven by demand. If grimrock got panned and nobody wanted it it'd probably be more than 30% off. Also we could play this stupid game of anecdotal evidence and small sample size in reverse. Call of Duty: new game, only 25% off. See Grimrock is a great deal, it's a whole 30%.

Yes, it is very much worth a shot. The MMO mechanics are solid/modern/streamlined. Where it really shines is in the world it creates, if you're interested in the TSW world, try it.

It's been as low as $7.50 for non-steam. Massive is a good deal, if you wind up playing for long enough to get there (many 10s of hours in).
What's up with the Massive pack anyway? It says it includes "issues" (funny they took that from COH/COV) 5, 6, and 7, but those, along with 8, don't seem to be available by themselves. 9 and 10 are, for 25 bux each, which is hilarious. Is there a way to upgrade to the Massive content later?

Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much is it like Majestic? I recall it being compared to that a lot when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back