Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't figure out how to connect to anyone in DiveKick so I just gave up and looked for a Hidden Object game to play.

Speaking of which, I learned today they have them for consoles too. Who knew?
Apparently the wife PAID for the Empress' on her iPad a year or two ago.. so I respent money I'd already spent. I'm pissed. But the kid can play the game on her iPad so I don't have to wait for her to play MY game ... so that's good.. I guess. I'd rather not have spent the money again.. but too late now...

I know most of the Uplay 15 days rewards have been crap, but today's seems good and worth checking out

"Same effort, more points - Uplay boost. 25% more points forever"

EDIT: Apparently its for Rabbids Invasion.. lame

I thought it was just TW2. I might actually have to get Idle Master now because there's no way I'm reinstalling TW1.
I just double checked and it is both of them. Probably not worth much trouble as card prices bottomed out at $0.04-$0.05 almost immediately.

Aaand I'm one month and 200+ pages behind on the thread.  Time to cut my losses and jump to the end again.

Hi, folks.

I regret never getting to change to my holiday avatar.

I thought it was just TW2. I might actually have to get Idle Master now because there's no way I'm reinstalling TW1.
I finally broke down and installed it last night. I have 100 games with drops remaining. Even at only $.05 a card for 400 cards I'm sitting on at least $20 of free money.

Aaand I'm one month and 200+ pages behind on the thread. Time to cut my losses and jump to the end again.
You missed the most epic Steam sale ever. So many glitches and stuff at 90+% off. It was ridiculous. Sorry you missed it. And the cards... man the money from cards was flowing. I must have bought 400 games with it.

I know most of the Uplay 15 days rewards have been crap, but today's seems good and worth checking out

"Same effort, more points - Uplay boost. 25% more points forever"

EDIT: Apparently its for Rabbids Invasion.. lame
I Think it's just for Rabbids Invasion.
Bleh see what go guys make me do? Now I'm going to have to go earn some Uplay points and play a game. Who does that?
I just pet the dog in Valiant Hearts and only got 10 points which is the normal you are supposed to get so yeah, it's only for Rabbids.

Xq4DzT6.png

VJ7cQt3.jpg

Easiest way is to user the third button top left (Use BBCode) and select spoiler from the list.

The code is square bracket the word spoiler and close square bracket at the beginning of the spoiler and [SIZE=14.4444446563721px]square bracket the word /spoiler and close square bracket[/SIZE][SIZE=14.4444446563721px] at the end.[/SIZE]

Can anyone here tell me to do spoilers ? :dunce:
The ship sinks, the ape dies, and Rosebud is a sled.

That should about cover it.

You need to use the button on the top left of the editor to switch to plain text editing and use "spoiler" and "/spoiler" in brackets to open and close.

Is there some kind of conspiracy going on w/ digital retailers + the publishers?

Humble Bundles, Steam X-Mas Sales, Gamersgate, and numerous sales of late have been....pretty lame.

You need to use the button on the top left of the editor to switch to plain text editing and use "spoiler" and "/spoiler" in brackets to open and close.
You don't need to use plain text mode. You can type [.spoiler] [./spoiler] (no period) into WYSIWYG mode and it works just fine. Same with [.center] [./center]

Is there some kind of conspiracy going on w/ digital retailers + the publishers?

Humble Bundles, Steam X-Mas Sales, Gamersgate, and numerous sales of late have been....pretty lame.
I've been saying for a year or so now that I think the "deep discount" era is closing. I think that everyone was looking short term at the "But we sell so many more copies at 75% off!" revenue and is now getting stung by the consumer expectation that games will be 75% off in six months so buying early is stupid. So they're pulling back from the discounts to try and get people out of the "75% or bust" mindset, especially on newer titles.

Way back a few years ago, someone from Origin talked about deep discounts devaluing their IPs and everyone mocked him and pointed to the publishers saying how great their sales were at cut-rate pricing. I've a feeling that a couple years of that has started to vindicate the opinions on the EA guy.

No evidence for this or anything but it would explain why sales in general have seemed weaker the past year or so.

You don't need to use plain text mode. You can type [.spoiler] [./spoiler] (no period) into WYSIWYG mode and it works just fine. Same with [.center] [./center]
Good to know.

I've been saying for a year or so now that I think the "deep discount" era is closing. I think that everyone was looking short term at the "But we sell so many more copies at 75% off!" revenue and is now getting stung by the consumer expectation that games will be 75% off in six months so buying early is stupid. So they're pulling back from the discounts to try and get people out of the "75% or bust" mindset, especially on newer titles.

Way back a few years ago, someone from Origin talked about deep discounts devaluing their IPs and everyone mocked him and pointed to the publishers saying how great their sales were at cut-rate pricing. I've a feeling that a couple years of that has started to vindicate the opinions on the EA guy.

No evidence for this or anything but it would explain why sales in general have seemed weaker the past year or so.
Makes sense. We saw Amazon basically abandon PC download sales, Blink start up with huge promises and quickly sputter to a halt, and Gamersgate having even worse sales after the oops discount ended contrary to expectations all pretty much at the same time.

Good to know.

Makes sense. We saw Amazon basically abandon PC download sales, Blink start up with huge promises and quickly sputter to a halt, and Gamersgate having even worse sales after the oops discount ended contrary to expectations all pretty much at the same time.
So I guess the next question is - when are Nuuvum's sales gonna start sucking? :(

I fuck ing hate those pictures. Even my parents do it and then use Whatsapp to send it to the rest of the family.

Yeah, I'm old.
You know some shit's jumped the shark when old people start doing it.

And I think we all know at least one of those food selfie types.

NO! Don't eat yet! I need to take a picture first.

So I guess the next question is - when are Nuuvum's sales gonna start sucking? :(
They already do thanks to some annoying publishers and their stupid Brazil-only sales policies.
This.

The actual %s off are eh to decent, but nothing amazing. It's the fact that you're buying from a 3rd world country, which is technically against their terms of use, that makes the deals seem so much more amazing.

The sales themselves probably won't lessen because they're already so-so by Brazil standards in many cases. There will just end up being more regional restrictions blocking non-S. Americans out more likely.

So it's probably in people's best interests to not announce they are non South Americans buying from them, although Reddit is way more high profile and easy to spot than this place. Here you really have to dig through replies to find anything if you're not a regular.

The actual %s off are eh to decent, but nothing amazing. It's the fact that you're buying from a 3rd world country, which is technically against their terms of use, that makes the deals seem so much more amazing.
"Você também confirma estar situado na América do Sul, onde a Nuuvem possui direito de distribuição digital sobre os games em seu catálogo."

Gaben thinks I'm in South America so it's A-OK.

Do any regular CAGs want a code for Lara Croft GoL All the Trappings Challenge pack? 1st quote gets it.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJqKOb0ZhY

After a little over 46 hours, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's SIngle-Player Campaign is now in the books.

Fantastic game. Best AC in quite a while, if you ask me - since AC2 + ACB.

After a little over 46 hours, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's SIngle-Player Campaign is now in the books.

Fantastic game. Best AC in quite a while, if you ask me - since AC2 + ACB.
Got some great Mexican pricing on some blackberries and made blackberry pancakes for dinner. Come at me Gaben!
Congratulations! You're both EPIC and your custom plaques are in the mail.

Up to 2 to 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back