Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to post...but I'm too slow yet.

Thanks Madjoki. Does this mean we have till 25th to play or do we need to reedem the key before that date?
Considering the page says it's for alpha/beta access, I'd assume you have until the 25th to play before the beta is removed.

Considering the page says it's for alpha/beta access, I'd assume you have until the 25th to play before the beta is removed.
Thanks, I was wondering since it doesn't show in steam as Imagine Me - Limited Beta, however it is shown as only Imagine Me.

The Russians are dumping their keys because of the Steam Wallet trading rumors. Heh. Sneaky.

What rumors? Are they taking away regional pirating?
ki04qvx.png

Big thanks goes to Madjoki. I took this picture previously posted on SG.

keys seem to be doing fine for now. Naturally they were going to go up once the sale ended and the game resellers stopped selling their overstock of keys for more Steam wallet.

Three Dead Zed keys are available through your desura.com/collection page if you bought the Capsule Computers Groupee bundle.  It was in the base tier so if you bought the bundle, you should have it.

Alienware's site is complete garbage, it won't take any of my requests to create an account and it won't let me log in with facebook.  Oh well.

I was looking at the AMD rewards on eBay.  Too bad Sniper Elite III is the only game on the reward list worth seeking a discount on.  I remember back when it gave Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider 2013 while those were all still $40-$50 games so buying a card for $25 was a steal.

I was looking at the AMD rewards on eBay. Too bad Sniper Elite III is the only game on the reward list worth seeking a discount on. I remember back when it gave Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution and Tomb Raider 2013 while those were all still $40-$50 games so buying a card for $25 was a steal.
Was it? I just got all of those games for $13.97. ;)

New BS bundle:

Big Sims Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Professional Farmer 2014 
  • Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition 
  • Airport Simulator 2014 
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator 
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015 
  • Skyscraper Simulator 
  • Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming 
  • Bridge It (Plus) 
  • Trainz: Murchison 2 
  • Trainz: Classic Cabon City 
  • Trainz: Settle & Carlisle 
  • Roller Coaster Rampage
[/customspoiler]

Bleh, shouldn't have bought the PayWUW for $1.

Oh well.

In bigger news, for all of you new Naruto fans who picked up Ninja Storm 3 during the sale, the demo for the new game out this Fall, Ninja Storm Revolution, launched on consoles today. With any luck, since it'll be a simultaneous console/PC release, we'll see a PC demo pop up soon.

Edit: Here's a video I found of the new game's gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KoRzlPQtU0

In bigger news, for all of you new Naruto fans who picked up Ninja Storm 3 during the sale, the demo for the new game out this Fall, Ninja Storm Revolution, launched on consoles today. With any luck, since it'll be a simultaneous console/PC release, we'll see a PC demo pop up soon.
Methinks they're running out of cool names for moves. Super Mini Tailed Beast Bomb does not sound super threatening :/

Methinks they're running out of cool names for moves. Super Mini Tailed Beast Bomb does not sound super threatening :/
Anything related to Naruto does not sound threatening at this point, especially the people who still think it's cool.

Anything related to Naruto does not sound threatening at this point, especially the people who still think it's cool.
The show is surprisingly mediocre, given its popularity, but the games are really fun, even if they are extremely shallow as far as fighters go.

New BS bundle:

Big Sims Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Professional Farmer 2014
  • Woodcutter Simulator 2013 Gold Edition
  • Airport Simulator 2014
  • Warehouse and Logistics Simulator
  • Towtruck Simulator 2015
  • Skyscraper Simulator
  • Agricultural Simulator: Historical Farming
  • Bridge It (Plus)
  • Trainz: Murchison 2
  • Trainz: Classic Cabon City
  • Trainz: Settle & Carlisle
  • Roller Coaster Rampage
[/customspoiler]
Skyscraper simulator? Do you just sit and watch it?

Just finished about a half hour's worth of the Naruto demo and watched the game trailer that came with it, posting my impressions. Gonna spoiler it for those who don't care.

[customspoiler=Impressions][/customspoiler]

The Good:

- About as fun to fight/play as Ninja Storm 3 was (minus one big problem I posted below), the demo allowing for Team Battles was a nice touch, those always get pretty crazy.

- Roster size is going up to 100+ from the last game which was 81 (if you include the DLC character). I assume there'll still be a bunch of characters that are the same but have different movesets included, but that's still at least +19. Some of the older characters might be removed, freeing up more spots for newcomers. Demo has 4 selectable characters, which was a good amount (Injustice's demo had 2).

- MechaNaruto (selectable in the demo) is my new favourite character. Craziest fucking thing I ever played, specifically his awakening.

- The substitution bar seems to refill quicker.

- The trailer for the game included a mention of Tag-Team battles which is a first for the series, and the possibility of combined Ultimate Jutsus. Incredibly hyped for that, best part of the trailer.

- The trailer also mentioned four-player battle free-for-all. Another big new feature I'm hyped for.

- The story mode for the game will include a lot of the Akatsuki backstory, seems like an interesting saga to play through.

- Game's release date is set for September 2014.

- My brother (who's played the demo longer than me) told me there's a new counterattack system for guardbreaking. Didn't run into it during my gameplay, but I'll elaborate on it if I do when I play it again later.

The Okay:

- The game feels very similar to 3. The UI has a new look, which is nice, but the engine/gameplay just feels real close to 3. I could tell the difference between 2 and 3, though Generations (released in-between) wasn't that big a jump either. Hopefully 4 will launch on next-gen and be the big leap I'm hoping for.

The Bad:

- The complaints about Ninja Storm 3 seem to still be there. The sub bar is a bit better now, but there's still a missing combo string. On the bright side, the Edo Kages which were used as a bait and switch for the third game seem to be made playable for this one instead of just being enemies. Hopefully they don't release a million cosmetic DLCs like they did for 3, and there won't be a re-release or a $10 1-character expansion.

- My big complaint, and the only reason I'm kinda annoyed with the game: When you select your character, you have to choose between having an Ultimate Jutsu and an Awakening now. Can't have both. This is supposedly to deal with the overpowered Awakenings, but it's half-assed, and I don't like it one bit. Takes some of the fun out of it. There's a third option you can select, but I didn't bother with it, my brother says it's a support class kind of thing and has neither available.

- Speaking of Awakening nerfs, being in an Awakened state no longer protects you from Ultimate Jutsus. This is a terrible idea for some of the bigger ones, as you're basically a giant target that can get locked into unblockable attacks. Half of the fun of being Awakened is trampling over people for a limited amount of time. Disappointed with this decision too.

Overall: I'm hyped, but that UJ vs. Awakening decision leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Seems like a lazy way to balance Awakenings. It doesn't help that they did several things regarding UNS3 that I wasn't too thrilled about (mainly in the DLC realm). It'll still probably be a day 1 buy, provided there aren't a million pre-order DLCs.

Click add to cart and it adds Mark Of The Ninja. So the sale is for that game. Ninja'd.
I tried that. I've had that happen in the past where you add the title picture for a sale to your cart and it meant the added game was just one of the selection of games in the sale. So where are the other games, dammit.

The show is surprisingly mediocre, given its popularity, but the games are really fun, even if they are extremely shallow as far as fighters go.
Onepunch-Man is the only shonen worth reading right now... there, I said that...

onepunch-man1_cover1large.jpg

I don't know if I'm allowed to link sites hosting scanlations, but you should have no problems finding it on Teh Interwebz... if you don't know the manga, it doubles both as a parody and a subversion of the genre, with the titular bald character (Saitama, aka Onepunch-Man) being a superhero able to destroy everyone and everything with just one single punch, but struggling to be recognized by (almost) everybody else due to his dull appearance and overwhelming laziness.

Give it a shot if you haven't already, it's brilliant.

Pity that it won't be made as an animated serie anytime soon (if ever), due to it being originally a very roughly drawn but strangely fascinating webcomic. Then, Yusuke Murata (which some of you may know for Eyeshield 21, a manga/anime about american football) approached its author and started drawing his own version with extremely well done artwork. By now, only 35 chapters of the 90-ish have been redrawn by Murata, so maybe there isn't much to base an anime on... but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

TL;DR, go read it if you love shonen manga, superhero stories or good comic art in general!

W00t it works now! And un-w00t most of the deals suck of course. I'm just happy they didn't introduce the Canadian Steam store today, I thought they would. My funds are still in USD.

I just found out about this Steam Wallet trading thing, that's pretty interesting.

Onepunch-Man is the only shonen worth reading right now... there, I said that...

I don't know if I'm allowed to link sites hosting scanlations, but you should have no problems finding it on Teh Interwebz... if you don't know the manga, it doubles both as a parody and a subversion of the genre, with the titular bald character (Saitama, aka Onepunch-Man) being a superhero able to destroy everyone and everything with just one single punch, but struggling to be recognized by (almost) everybody else due to his dull appearance and overwhelming laziness.

Give it a shot if you haven't already, it's brilliant.

Pity that it won't be made as an animated serie anytime soon (if ever), due to it being originally a very roughly drawn but strangely fascinating webcomic. Then, Yusuke Murata (which some of you may know for Eyeshield 21, a manga/anime about american football) approached its author and started drawing his own version with extremely well done artwork. By now, only 35 chapters of the 90-ish have been redrawn by Murata, so maybe there isn't much to base an anime on... but who knows what tomorrow will bring?

TL;DR, go read it if you love shonen manga, superhero stories or good comic art in general!
The only brutal part is the wait for an update that includes only a handful of pages. The animated gifs people make of the action sequences is beautiful.

Daily Deal
Bleed - $4.99 $2
Home - $2.99 $1.49
FEZ - $9.99 $4.99
Mark of the Ninja - $14.99 $5.99
Contrast - $14.99 $7.49
Dyad - $14.99 $3.75
Guacamelee! Gold Edition - $14.99 $2.99
Retro City Rampage - $9.99 $2.5
Rogue Legacy - $14.99 $7.49
Starseed Pilgrim - $5.99 $2.99
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP - $7.99 $2.4
The Yawhg - $9.99 $4.99
They Bleed Pixels - $9.99 $2.49
TowerFall Ascension - $14.99 $10.04
Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov's Revenge - $9.99 $2.49

Midweek Madness
Age of Mythology - $29.99 $17.99
Shadow Warrior - $39.99 $9.99
Always Sometimes Monsters - $9.99 $7.49
Super Game Jam - $19.99 $16.99
Hotline Miami - $9.99 $3.39
Heavy Bullets - $9.99 $7.49
Cosmic DJ - $5.99 $4.01
Foul Play - $14.99 $3.74
Dungeon Hearts - $2.99 $0.74
Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure - $14.99 $3.74
Defense Technica - $14,99 $3.74
Duke Nukem + Shadow Warrior Bundle - $14.99 $3.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Serious Sam Complete Pack - $99.99 $14.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back