Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't comment on the IOS version since I have the Android version, but in the Android version buying the game doesn't get you everything. You still have to pay extra to get all the scenarios and you can pay extra to unlock more plagues. The game says you can unlock the plagues just by playing, but I'm not sure how. I beat the game with every plague in the paid version and 2 of them are still locked for me.

Overall the game is fun for a little bit until you figure out the formula to the game, then it becomes a joke. Once you realize how to beat it, you basically end up doing the same thing every time for just about every plague.
In the ios, and I assume android version is the same, you can unlock them through winning but you have to beat them on brutal difficulty. Normal is hard enough for me so I doubt I could ever do it

Which is fine but if he's going to keep insisting the site is fine and safe and he bought from them before yadda yadda what are you going to do sit there and argue with him all night?

If you have a problem with him posting the link then just report it. He thinks the site is fine and he appears not to be changing his mind in spite of several people replying that it may be unsafe. I just think there's a point where someone is going to do what they're going to do and it's their money. I know this is the internet and everyone gets a say about everything but at a certain point if someone isn't going to change their mind then there's not much you can do and repeating does not help.

PS - can you not quote Ninja Squirrel in his Mary Mary Quite Contrariness to me in the future? Because I don't feel like reading it. Thanks.
1: Fine.

2: I don't tell people who quote people I've blocked to stop doing it... because I chose to ignore the person, and can't ask anyone else to change their posting habits, including quoting that person, because they're replying to someone I dislike. So I'm sorry if you and Squirrel can't stand each other for whatever reason, but your fight is not my problem.

If this is how things are gonna be here with you two fighting all the time I might as well stop posting here. I couldn't stand this crap in high school, I couldn't stand this crap in college, and I sure as hell won't stand for that crap here.

I think MysterD is trolling you guys into buying him a copy of Skyrim Legendary so he'll quit posting about it. 

Very clever, MysterD, very clever.

I think MysterD is trolling you guys into buying him a copy of Skyrim Legendary so he'll quit posting about it.

I expect nothing from anybody.

If someone's buying me stuff (and they really shouldn't, IMHO)...

...It's still cheaper for someone to buy me Hearthfire + Dawnguard from GameFly by 88 cents w/ JUL20OFF - instead of buying me Skyrim Legendary from GameFly.

Given how Zenimax been pricing things lately - i.e. better percent off + deals on Complete Ed's vs. buying DLC's piece-by-piece;

Given how both ESO + RAGE have disappointed sales-wises;

and given on Lord knows how much Zenimax spent on having RAGE and ESO for development + marketing...

...Who the hell knows!

{Shoulder shrug}

Hence why I'm still on the fence on this all - and still undecided.
I know that this rationale probably doesn't fly here, but part of me just wants to get them off my Wishlist.

Don't get me wrong; I'm psyched to play the game. I can wait a bit, but waiting until 2017 or so is pushing it.

Some pretty good deals on this site. I bought stuff from this site a few times, thumbs up from me.

Higlight Sales

Murdered Soul Suspect- $10

Among the Sleep- $6(not steam)

Wolfy- $36

Watch Dogs- $26(not steam)

Broken Age- $6(not steam)

Thief- $10
They have Path Of Exile for $0. Now that's a good deal.

I just assumed his software was corrupted. Anyone know where his reset button is?

1: Fine.

2: I don't tell people who quote people I've blocked to stop doing it... because I chose to ignore the person, and can't ask anyone else to change their posting habits, including quoting that person, because they're replying to someone I dislike. So I'm sorry if you and Squirrel can't stand each other for whatever reason, but your fight is not my problem.

If this is how things are gonna be here with you two fighting all the time I might as well stop posting here. I couldn't stand this crap in high school, I couldn't stand this crap in college, and I sure as hell won't stand for that crap here.
You can do what you want but I just asked. He goes out of his way to find shit wrong with everything I say and I'm really tired of it. I'd like to participate here but I don't want to read his mess which is why I put him on ignore. I just ask that people not quote his replies to me but obviously I can't make anyone do it. Sorry that it bothers you so much.

I'm not telling you not to post here but if you make that choice it's up to you. I don't think he and I are ever going to get along and believe me I really tried. I'd rather just ignore him hence my putting him on ignore. The only other thing I could do is leave but I refuse to be run out of here on a rail because he's the big cheese around here now and he keeps finding ways to nitpick everything I say which irks me and starts more fights again.

TL;DR do what you want and so will I.

I just assumed his software was corrupted. Anyone know where his reset button is?
Next to the power button:

NES.gif

May I? Thanks!
Two worlds II please, off to make another donation
I'll take these this if still available. Thought I had Civ III, but it doesn't look like I do.
Could I get that one? Thanks!
If still available, I'd like this one please.

Would you mind if I feature your charity page on my stream this week?
Sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent.

I would love it if you featured it on your stream! If you tell me when it is, I will stop by if I can.

Can i get this one if available please? Thanks!
Could I have this one please?
I'll take Rush, please.
Can I get this one please Doc?
I'd like to snag SPAZ, thanks Dr. S. Quatch III.
Sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent.

Here is the link again for anyone who needs it.

Ok, these things are almost over! Get your bids in quick! Auction ends as soon as my gaming session does!

Current top bid: 

$1.50 - ghost1914

Current top bid:

$4 - snakeybro

Current top bid:

$0.25 Sunasun

All the money goes to Seattle Children's! Here is the donation page for those of you who forgot!

So I tuned in to the Strain again this week. The show didn't blow me away, but I thought the new episode was a bit better than last week's, I'll probably stay for the season.

Anyone else watch? We talked about it a bit last week, so I figured I'd ask.

I don't think I'll review any other bad game on Steam. There are stupid unknown people who comment just to offend, and I don't want to engage on neverending discussions with people I don't care. White Knights are everywhere!!!

Did you just turn down an offer for a free DLC? :shock:
LOL. I just deleted the review. Just realized I only played 12 minutes and people began to call me retard because I don't played it enough time. Didn't knew there was that "rule" in that you need to play a game for more than an hour to say you don't like it.

I don't think I'll review any other bad game on Steam. There are stupid unknown people who comment just to offend, and I don't want to engage on neverending discussions with people I don't care
I kind of feel the same. I've gotten nasty replies from strangers for writing a negative review on Steam even when I've made an effort to articulate my reasons for that.

One thing I will say though is you can set reviews so that friends only can see them. I think it would still be useful to some people that way. I would find it useful if you kept writing reviews. :)

LOL. I just deleted the review. Just realized I only played 12 minutes and people began to call me retard because I don't played it enough time. Didn't knew there was that "rule" in that you need to play a game for more than an hour to say you don't like it.
Eh, I thought it was fine. You did state that you hadn't played it much yet and that you may try to go back to it at some point. As long as that's clarified I don't see the problem. Also the developer himself was pleasant about your review so if he's okay with it I'm not sure why other people felt the need to White Knight.

Also people shouldn't assume someone's playing time on Steam necessarily means that's all the time they've spent in a game. It's quite possible someone could have played a game outside of Steam in many cases and then just later got the game on Steam.

One thing I will say though is you can set reviews so that friends only can see them. I think it would still be useful to some people that way. I would find it useful if you kept writing reviews. :)
Just realized that after I deleted that review xD

Also people shouldn't assume someone's playing time on Steam necessarily means that's all the time they've spent in a game. It's quite possible someone could have played a game outside of Steam in many cases and then just later got the game on Steam.
I spend a lot of my time playing Steam offline and I noticed that it just kind of randomly counts my time in games. Some games it still says I've never even played so I really wouldn't consider that to be reliable.

I spend a lot of my time playing Steam offline and I noticed that it just kind of randomly counts my time in games. Some games it still says I've never even played so I really wouldn't consider that to be reliable.
I've never had steam track offline hours played (steam-offline-mode/no internet). If you are just socially offline (steam chat) then it tracks normally.

With the former it can cause some games to grant you a bunch of achievements with the timestamp of when you went back online.

Can I bid on WarGame for $1.50?
Yes! And the auctions are over. Final bids:

Ok, these things are almost over! Get your bids in quick! Auction ends as soon as my gaming session does!

Current top bid:

$1.50 - ghost1914

Current top bid:

$4 - snakeybro

Current top bid:

$0.25 Sunasun

All the money goes to Seattle Children's! Here is the donation page for those of you who forgot!
Winners should get their money in to Extra Life here and then friend me on Steam here -- if you are not already -- to get your games.

Will start the next auctions very soon!

So I tuned in to the Strain again this week. The show didn't blow me away, but I thought the new episode was a bit better than last week's, I'll probably stay for the season.

Anyone else watch? We talked about it a bit last week, so I figured I'd ask.
My boyfriend and a guildie were just talking about it on Mumble. So I'll most likely pick it up since I just finished binge-watching House of Cards.

For now.. True Blood is waiting :D

Anyone in on http://sklep.gram.pl/oferty/gram-bundle/

The 5pol tier (1.60ish) seems decent. All 3 are DRM free though with keys when released. The others in the series are on Steam with cards so I don't doubt that it will happen. Games specifically say they are in English and Polish.

The 25pol tier (8ish) for the 3 other games, eh, think you need to really be an adventure game person.

Eh, I thought it was fine. You did state that you hadn't played it much yet and that you may try to go back to it at some point. As long as that's clarified I don't see the problem. Also the developer himself was pleasant about your review so if he's okay with it I'm not sure why other people felt the need to White Knight.
I know... but I'm on vacation and don't want to be mad because those WK :beer: :joystick:

Anyone in on http://sklep.gram.pl/oferty/gram-bundle/

The 5pol tier (1.60ish) seems decent. All 3 are DRM free though with keys when released. The others in the series are on Steam with cards so I don't doubt that it will happen. Games specifically say they are in English and Polish.

The 25pol tier (8ish) for the 3 other games, eh, think you need to really be an adventure game person.
Those first three games say they're Polish only, though.

I don't think I'll review any other bad game on Steam. There are stupid unknown people who comment just to offend, and I don't want to engage on neverending discussions with people I don't care. White Knights are everywhere!!!
Yeah, either set them to Friends, like Motoki said, or delete them if they really bother you. Whenever you give a game a bad review, there are always people ready to defend it no matter how terrible it may be. Don't let it bother you too much.

Those first three games say they're Polish only, though.
I don't see that. There's a thing under them which says they are polish subtitles. The games are already out in English anyways.

Not like it matters to me. I won't ever actually play them. Cards and game count know no language.

You can do what you want but I just asked. He goes out of his way to find shit wrong with everything I say and I'm really tired of it. I'd like to participate here but I don't want to read his mess which is why I put him on ignore. I just ask that people not quote his replies to me but obviously I can't make anyone do it. Sorry that it bothers you so much.

I'm not telling you not to post here but if you make that choice it's up to you. I don't think he and I are ever going to get along and believe me I really tried. I'd rather just ignore him hence my putting him on ignore. The only other thing I could do is leave but I refuse to be run out of here on a rail because he's the big cheese around here now and he keeps finding ways to nitpick everything I say which irks me and starts more fights again.

TL;DR do what you want and so will I.
*rubs temples*

There is no way I can answer that in the way I really want to without this going into full nuclear overdrive, so I'll just leave it at that and walk away until this situation cools down. And if it doesn't, no big loss. I'm here for the deals and to shoot the crap with people, not for the drama.

Feel free to reply to this so you have the final word if you want. I'm done. You're only causing yourself trouble with that attitude... I learned that the hard way. Now I must return to my home planet.

poochie-slide.jpg

I'm actually gonna have to back out of the auction, i know i feel bad to but I'm kinda broke now and i don't think i can run Prototype 2 that good anyway. You can give it to greendayrules.

Who even are you?

So that makes it okay to flame it more? The "wait to F2P" people suck too but they're not the recent controversy surrounding that game which is why I didn't address them as the ones doing all the flaming.

And even though I used that word in jest, stop pretending like it's some bad word that seethes absolute negativity. People that feel that they should get keys to the Steam version of the game because they bought some other version from a different distribution is the definition of entitlement. I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not because it's still sensitive ground with how game companies are dealing with it.
Oh lord almighty, the consoletard forums are that-a-way. Scoot.

Alright weird trying too hard to be cute blue haired girl bouncing around with a pikachu shirt on and dry humping a bed animated gif signature person. Whatever you say. I defer to your expertise on entitlement.
Hey, look on the bright side. You lost Squirrel and now you have a new object of affection abhorrence.

I'm Canadian
post-26688-we-understand-gif-Justin-Timbe-l0iw.gif

I'm really enjoying Betrayer. Is really Dark and sometimes confusing, but once you get used to it, is awesome. I spent maybe 4 hours on Fort Henry's map until figured out what to do, but it wasn't boring at all.
Don't remind me. :cry: I missed that one...

New donor only list:

• Overcast - Walden and the Werewolf
For whatever reason, I want this terrible mod. Oh yeah, +1.

I'm actually gonna have to back out of the auction, i know i feel bad to but I'm kinda broke now and i don't think i can run Prototype 2 that good anyway. You can give it to greendayrules.
I can pay my previous bid tier, but I'm of the opinion that it should be re-auctioned. That's super low. Your call, Sasquatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back