Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Open for all:

• Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Gearcrack Arena
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Woodle Tree
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Humanity Asset
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Eschalon Book II
  • Amazing Zombie Defense (Yet Another Zombie Defense)
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Bionic Dues
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
  • Driftmoon
  • Race Injection
  • Thief Gold

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker

Do you still have Dead Island epidemic?

Either of those would be awesome. Thanks Sasquatch!
Level 22, fo sho. For the children!
i'll take Gearcrack Arena, hehe. Crack
Could I get Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart please?
Sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent.

Do you still have Dead Island epidemic?
Not sure if that was a joke, since I have five, but if you want it, friend me on Steam here and I will send it along.

The age difference doesn't concern me, I wanted advice how to deal with it if/when it becomes an issue with her. When people start talking (the news getting around town), it can get in your head.
It doesn't have to. Anyone who has a problem with it isn't worth your time. If you're happy together that's all that matters.

I just got one recently and it was friggin Gun Monkeys. I swear I never get any good ones.
I've gotten Blackwell Convergence, Terraria, and Super Meat Boy since June, before that think I only got 1 or 2 and wasn't for anything good if I recall. Surprised how much SMB cards still sell for, most were around $0.15 still.

I've gotten Blackwell Convergence, Terraria, and Super Meat Boy since June, before that think I only got 1 or 2 and wasn't for anything good if I recall. Surprised how much SMB cards still sell for, most were around $0.15 still.
That's pretty normal, not to mention it hasn't been in a bundle in years.

<p><p>
Open for all:

• Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Gearcrack Arena
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Woodle Tree
  • Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
  • Humanity Asset
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Eschalon Book II
  • Amazing Zombie Defense (Yet Another Zombie Defense)
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Bionic Dues
  • A New Beginning - Final Cut
  • A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 & 2
  • Driftmoon
  • Race Injection
  • Thief Gold

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
Can I have all of these? Lol jk can I have naval warfare please?

Wow just got home to try and get a Pixel Hunter key as I had voted/joined group/etc. just to find out the dev was so stupid as to just put it out for everyone to grab and it's all gone. Blegh.

Here's some keys, i have no idea if they've been used or not so i figured I'd just drop them here.

ALPHA kimori: 2KN2R-ZWCXC-NPYT8

Fly'n: 3PLM8-KNB7Z-J399H

Journey of a roach: 33QT8-B7IP4-6TZ6P

Mechanic escape: 34DNF-8ND9M-A92Y9

FLE59-GB75T-NVDXA paper dungeon

Hmm, thread seems slow (or maybe it's just cause of the weekend), sooo, thoughts on a 32 year old man dating a 47 year old woman, and go....

asking for a friend of course. :^o
The older the berry, the sweeter the juice.

I had a Korean transfer student as my roommate in college one year who was the laziest idiot you've ever met. The most effort he put into anything was forging tuition bills to send to his parents for more beer money.
oh no you diint

Back in high school when I ran varsity cross country we had this really shy dude—could never get him to come out of his shell—join the team and we all thought he'd be a ringer. But he just sucked.

OlliOlli is coming out in 14 hrs and its gonna be $12.99 at launch. Best skateboarding game out there now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDfkHLasULI

Badger Sim 2013 please and thank you Dr Splashedcrotch!
Can I have all of these? Lol jk can I have naval warfare please?
Could I snag that one? If I've reached my limit feel free to cut me off. Thanks!
Sent, sent, sent ...

Been meaning to ask (decided to wait to see what the monday bundles would be though), what is the way to donate games/a bundle to you?
Most people have just sent me the Steam keys or gift links. If it is on Steam already, they have gifted/traded me the games to give out or auction. Then I hand out the keys and take all the credit and forget to thank them!

When I get a chance, I will make a list of people who have donated games.

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated games, money, likes, and encouragement!

Can I get this if you still have it ? Please and thank you.
Can I get this one if available? Please and thank you!
This game has been bundled at least 5 times and I don't have it? Could I please DS? Thanks!!!
... sent, sent, and sent.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am a dirty console peasant because I do not have a gaming PC. #dealwithit
getout.gif

Alright, I'll #FakeCAG it, but I'm not sure whether to get the Syberia bundle or the Adventure bundle. Aside from Syberia, only Nikopol looks interesting.

Well, I finally got around to trying out Warframe. Color me unimpressed.

The gameplay itself is clean and has a good pace, weapons feel good, melee combat is fair, graphics are excellent, very well optimized, story seems solid enough to keep you going through the missions, but...

Break out the credit card, this isn't a cheap game to play. Okay, okay, you don't HAVE to spend money on this, but it's not that simple. When you start up, you choose a Warframe (which is your character type, with its own abilities and style and whatnot), then in the first mission you'll pick between a melee weapon, primary firearm, and secondary firearm. I wanted to mix it up, so I went with a staff, longbow, and kunai. Enjoyable, interesting weapons, I don't regret my choices, but once I got to the point where I could browse between other weapons, other Warframes, etc, and I realized how limited the game is unless you pay up.

Unfortunately, 90% of everything in the game is bought with platinum, the cash currency. There were a couple generic looking machine guns and pistol available to buy with credits, but that's all I saw, and all of the Warframes must be bought with platinum. Warframes run around 200 platinum, and you can buy 170 platinum for $9.99 (you're given 50 platinum initially). Once you choose your Warframe and weapons, you better hope you like them, because you're stuck with them. So if you regret your Warframe choice? You've gotta cough up ten bucks to change your mind. You can only make one character, from what I can tell, and I don't think you can just start over (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that), so... yeah.

Same goes for weapons. There are some cheaper ones (75 platinum or so), but that's still $5 for a single weapon, pretty much. That bow I chose in the beginning? It normally sells for 225 platinum, so it's a $15 weapon. The prices are really high. This wouldn't be a big deal if you got other weapons through gameplay, could buy new ones with in game cash, but almost ALL weapons are bought with platinum and platinum only. I can't call the game pay2win, because I can't say whether the starter weapons are any worse than ones you gotta pay for, but here's my problem with it.

The game is going to get dull, very fast, if you're limited to your original choices without coughing up a lot of money to change it up. Granted, from what I played, it's a really well made game with excellent mechanics, the limitations and focus on real money kills it for me. It's really uncool to lock players into things and forcing them to pay up if they change their minds. I always heard it had excellent customization, which it does, but that customization is pretty much entirely locked behind a pay wall. You can change your color schemes on things as well, which is awesome, but naturally 99% of the colors are paid content, and you're only offered a handful of pale color choices.

I won't give up on it just yet, and I'm gonna activate that starter pack that came with a recent Humble, but I know plinking off enemies with a small few weapons and using the same Warframe abilities over and over (which are likely inferior to most other paid Warframes) is going to lose it's charm pretty fast. Again, I'm not bashing the game, but from a CAG perspective, the cost to keep this game fun and fresh is way, way too high. I really dislike the cash shop model.

EDIT: On second thought, I've just realized that there are blueprints of Warframes and weapons buyable with in game currency. I'm not sure how difficult it is or what it takes to build them once you buy the blueprints, but it looks like that may be a way around needing to buy everything with real cash. My complaints may be unfounded.

EDIT2: Okay, so you don't just buy the blueprints, you have to also have the helmet and body and whatnot for the Warframe you're trying to buy the blueprint for (you can't even buy the blueprint till you have them), as well as some sort of core. I have no idea how you come across those, but it's looking like going the blueprint route isn't exactly simple. Probably requires a lot of time. Someone who plays Warframe should really enlighten us on this.

Well, I finally got around to trying out Warframe. Color me unimpressed.

The gameplay itself is clean and has a good pace, weapons feel good, melee combat is fair, graphics are excellent, very well optimized, story seems solid enough to keep you going through the missions, but...

Break out the credit card, this isn't a cheap game to play. Okay, okay, you don't HAVE to spend money on this, but it's not that simple. When you start up, you choose a Warframe (which is your character type, with its own abilities and style and whatnot), then in the first mission you'll pick between a melee weapon, primary firearm, and secondary firearm. I wanted to mix it up, so I went with a staff, longbow, and kunai. Enjoyable, interesting weapons, I don't regret my choices, but once I got to the point where I could browse between other weapons, other Warframes, etc, and I realized how limited the game is unless you pay up.

Unfortunately, 90% of everything in the game is bought with platinum, the cash currency. There were a couple generic looking machine guns and pistol available to buy with credits, but that's all I saw, and all of the Warframes must be bought with platinum. Warframes run around 200 platinum, and you can buy 170 platinum for $9.99 (you're given 50 platinum initially). Once you choose your Warframe and weapons, you better hope you like them, because you're stuck with them. So if you regret your Warframe choice? You've gotta cough up ten bucks to change your mind. You can only make one character, from what I can tell, and I don't think you can just start over (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that), so... yeah.

Same goes for weapons. There are some cheaper ones (75 platinum or so), but that's still $5 for a single weapon, pretty much. That bow I chose in the beginning? It normally sells for 225 platinum, so it's a $15 weapon. The prices are really high. This wouldn't be a big deal if you got other weapons through gameplay, could buy new ones with in game cash, but almost ALL weapons are bought with platinum and platinum only. I can't call the game pay2win, because I can't say whether the starter weapons are any worse than ones you gotta pay for, but here's my problem with it.

The game is going to get dull, very fast, if you're limited to your original choices without coughing up a lot of money to change it up. Granted, from what I played, it's a really well made game with excellent mechanics, the limitations and focus on real money kills it for me. It's really uncool to lock players into things and forcing them to pay up if they change their minds. I always heard it had excellent customization, which it does, but that customization is pretty much entirely locked behind a pay wall. You can change your color schemes on things as well, which is awesome, but naturally 99% of the colors are paid content, and you're only offered a handful of pale color choices.

I won't give up on it just yet, and I'm gonna activate that starter pack that came with a recent Humble, but I know plinking off enemies with a small few weapons and using the same Warframe abilities over and over (which are likely inferior to most other paid Warframes) is going to lose it's charm pretty fast. Again, I'm not bashing the game, but from a CAG perspective, the cost to keep this game fun and fresh is way, way too high. I really dislike the cash shop model.
That game sounds like a POS. I'm definitely staying away.

This is tempting. Is PC the best way to play Syberia? And has it been bundled before? I know I asked about that site before that tells you which games were bundled and someone answered me but i forgot the name of that site. Little help, please?
Yes. And Enhanced Steam also tells you if a game has been bundled before.

hello fiends i am happy host to you Indie gala monday bundle for low low price of 1,27$$    =P~   O:)  gift to paypal thx

i try give you santa spirit with colors of christmas  :pray:

for scrooge mcducks out there who no want bundle from good cag bladerlands, i give you   :twoguns: and coal for your mother  :shame:

So I have been looking into acquiring a game or two via trading TF2 keys.  While I have traded on Steam before, I have never bothered to use keys.  Thus, I have a couple of questions.

(1)  Is there a cheaper method to getting them other than the community market which is also safe and reliable?

(2)  How can I tell if a certain game is region locked or different than the US copy?  I am particularly looking at Sacred 3 pre-orders.

Alright, I'll #FakeCAG it, but I'm not sure whether to get the Syberia bundle or the Adventure bundle. Aside from Syberia, only Nikopol looks interesting.
Nikopol btw has an interesting French artsy fartsy sci-fi early CGI + rl actors film based around that story called Immortal.

Unfortunately, it's not on Netflix so you kind of have to dig around some DVD bargain bins for it or try Amazon or eBay I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back