Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
On the other hand, to me, even as a new guy to the franchise (started a few months ago) I wanted the ability to build my own deck. It would have allowed me to get my feet wet and try out how things work together. That is my one complaint about Magic 2014, I wish I could build my own deck. And I hope 2015 goes on sale fairly soon (like winter sale maybe) for 5 bucks. I'll probably pick it up then.
If 2015 is like 2014, it will come with a voucher for a physical promo card for the "real" game that expires at the end of December. That alone will probably cap 2015's discount at 50% through the winter season just because people will be buying it for the voucher. 2014's been having all the sales because it's going "obsolete". Still completely playable though, especially if you're playing solo or with just a friend who owns it.

2014 allows you to build the sealed deck and you get some deck building out of all the card unlocks and tweaking the prebuilt decks (you have been tweaking the prebuilts as you unlock cards, I hope). Agreed that it'd be nice if you could just build a deck in a sandbox style mode, even if only single player.

Can someone go through the last two Steam threads and count how many times people have asked "I'm new to Magic, should I buy it/which version should I buy/what alternatives of the game are there/what's up with the sealed decks/etc etc etc?"

For real, it's like the new "When is the Summer Sale starting?" question we all used to joke about.
To be fair, they do seem to make it as confusing as humanly possible and try to sell you a bunch of useless or cheaty shit with a few actual useful things sprinkled in.

Damn furry lover.
iiGsEs0.png

Well I just finished EP5 of The Wolf Among Us, and since it's on sale I wanted to throw my review out there now it's finally finished as well: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrninjasquirrel/recommended/250320

The short version is it's brilliant, and you shouldn't hesitate to pick it up!

Now all the remains is to get Telltale to drop their other projects and start work on season 2 right now.
If, by Season Two, you mean Game of Thrones, then I'm down with that.

We interrupt this regularly scheduled Magic discussion for a pretty sweet deal.

Stick It To The Man is $2.25 at BundleStars.

This seems to be a historical low by a decent margin (closest thing is $3 at Humble, though it includes a DRM-free version if you buy it there).

However, given BundleStars' propensity to bundle stuff they put on sale for that low, and the likelihood it might be in HiB13, you may want to wait. It's supposed to be a pretty good game though, seems worth the asking price.

http://www.epicbundle.com/article/steam-key-for-free-really-big-sky

"At the moment, you can grab a FREE Steam Key for the psychedelic twin-stick shooter "Really Big Sky" playable on Window PC! (Additionally this game contains Steam Trading Cards!) This promotion by Bundle Stars & PCGamer only runs for a limited time!"

Countdown shows 06h:47minutes from now.
Ah, so Week 3 is Really Big Sky? Guess that means it's not the Atomic Indie bundle.

Spacechem and Really Big Sky were both in the Ultimate Sci-Fi bundle though (Really Big Sky hasn't seen a BundleStars bundle since then). I guess the games are just ones they're chosing at random.

Since the game they chose isn't Insane 2, I guess it's safe to buy it now.

This seems to be a historical low by a decent margin (closest thing is $3 at Humble, though it includes a DRM-free version if you buy it there).

However, given BundleStars' propensity to bundle stuff they put on sale for that low, and the likelihood it might be in HiB13, you may want to wait. It's supposed to be a pretty good game though, seems worth the asking price.
I think it was also free for PS+ members on PS4. That, or my roommate bought it randomly.

Excellent game. Feels sort of like 2D Psychonauts crossed with adventure platformers like The Cave.

$2.25 is probably the right price for it, as well. It's really only 4 or so hours long and doesn't really have anything in way of replay value.

The writing is charming and clever and it makes an excellent lazy afternoon or two of gameplay.

whispering willows just came out today and its 33% off- 10.04 (reg 14.99) for regular, 16.74 (reg 24.99) for digital deluxe (ost, artbook pdf, wallpaper)

personally I'm gonna wait for a sale w/ a larger discount but its a good deal if you wanna play it at launch.

I tried to get that free game and after telling that woobox thing to have access to my account it just went to a screen that says Check back soon for our fan offer. And I got no email with a key or anything... did I do it wrong? I didn't use a @ symbol cause Twitter sucks and I don't know how to use that shit.

I tried to get that free game and after telling that woobox thing to have access to my account it just went to a screen that says Check back soon for our fan offer. And I got no email with a key or anything... did I do it wrong? I didn't use a @ symbol cause Twitter sucks and I don't know how to use that shit.
It wasn't even loading for me earlier, just kept on getting an error, so I didn't get a chance to get a key yet. Now it says, "Check back soon for our fan offer."

It wasn't even loading for me earlier, just kept on getting an error, so I didn't get a chance to get a key yet. Now it says, "Check back soon for our fan offer."
I keep reloading the screen and it doesn't change from that message.

Okay now it says: Sorry, but the page you're looking for has either been moved or does not exist.

whispering willows just came out today and its 33% off- 10.04 (reg 14.99) for regular, 16.74 (reg 24.99) for digital deluxe (ost, artbook pdf, wallpaper)

personally I'm gonna wait for a sale w/ a larger discount but its a good deal if you wanna play it at launch.
It's not that great of a deal; the game is mediocre.

It'll show a key on the page if it goes through. It wasn't working on chrome for me (just loaded some woobox page) but did work in IE. I didn't use an @ symbol either.

"The giveaway is currently on pause while the service that delivers the Steam keys comes back online. We'll update the giveaway as soon as keys are available again."

Yeah guess its broke on pause. I tried on 3 browsers and nothin. Just Check back soon for our fan offer. This hassle is not worth it, I would never play the game.

PCGamer  a minute ago

We're sorry to announce that due to heavy server load, the giveaway has been cancelled till the server comes back to its original state.

gg

I don't know what's wrong with the Negative Nancys...

Really Big Sky is a very fun and approachable Shmup with a meta-leveling system and procedurally generated levels.  I like the visual aesthetic.

I don't know what's wrong with the Negative Nancys...

Really Big Sky is a very fun and approachable Shmup with a meta-leveling system and procedurally generated levels. I like the visual aesthetic.
Maybe, but if only the game WASN'T BURIED UNDER LAYERS AND LAYERS OF MICHAELBAYSPLODEGASMS we'd be able to tell.

Are you color blind? (Honest question, 8% of men have some form of color-blindness.)
Honestly, I'm not. I have issues with the kind of effects that RBS uses for some reason. Other games give me no trouble.

+1.

I'm at work and on a phone and stressing out about Indie Royale or I would write more.

Just be aware 1 and 2 use the old bump combat system which causes some kids these days to nerdrage but it's not bad once you get used to it.
Hell, I thought the combat sucked back in 1992! #hipsterhater :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back