Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone mentioned this DIG Super 5 Bundle?

$0.99 gets you the following:

• Tidalis (Steam)
  • Plain Sight (Steam)
  • Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Sinister City (Desura, Greenlight)
  • 12 Labors of Hercules (Desura, Greenlight)

The games may suck, but I feel like it's worth mentioning because if you pay more than $1.07, you get double the keys. Probably easy enough to justify getting a potential +4 Steam count with extras to sell off.

You also get double keys for paying more than $1.01 for Radium (also on Desura and Greenlight) on their main page, http://www.dailyindiegame.com/

Those DIG averages are always ridiculously low so it's pretty much always worth paying a few more cents if you are going to get it anyway and get double keys. I ended up getting multiple Steam keys for Crystals of Time that way, then they gave me multiple Steam keys for it and the card prices were actually rather good since it was only in that obscure bundle.

Of course most of those games have made the rounds like a two dollar whore, but one or two might get on Steam with okay card prices. Herc maybe?

New Releases!

DARK BLOOD ONLINE(f2p)

Velvet Sundown(f2p)

Influent($10)

LogiGun($4.49) (bundle fodder)

Halfway($11.69)

OlliOlli($11.69)

Dungeon Defenders Eternity($15)

Early Derpcess

Dark Horizons: Mechanized Corps($15

Oh no, another Afterfall game is coming out and its gonna be a early derp game

header_292x136.jpg

Has anyone mentioned this DIG Super 5 Bundle?

$0.99 gets you the following:

• Tidalis (Steam)
  • Plain Sight (Steam)
  • Data Hacker: Corruption (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Alchemy Mysteries: Prague Legends (Desura, Greenlight)
  • Sinister City (Desura, Greenlight)
  • 12 Labors of Hercules (Desura, Greenlight)

The games may suck, but I feel like it's worth mentioning because if you pay more than $1.07, you get double the keys. Probably easy enough to justify getting a potential +4 Steam count with extras to sell off.

You also get double keys for paying more than $1.01 for Radium (also on Desura and Greenlight) on their main page, http://www.dailyindiegame.com/
Thought I only had two but I had four. Oops, that should have been a skip.

Does DIG email Steam keys when Greenlit or do they have you go through the Desura client?

Could I get Paper Sorcerer please?
Since Sorcerer is gone, FootLOL, please!
I'd like to request these if possible. Thanks again Sasquatch!
I don't have this but, I should. Thanks!!!
Sent, sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent. Have fun!

I'd like this one please. Thanks!
Sorry, someone beat you to it! :(

Are these still available? Thanks
I'll take this one if you still have it. Thanks!
I'll take this if you still have it. Thanks!
Bah! Missed Skydrift! Can I get these if you have them available? Thanks!
Sent, sent, sent, sent, and sent.

Glad I didn't buy into the Dungeon Defenders game instantly. It's a cash-in from the reviews. Likely a mobile port (or mobile port quality)
Actually, this couldn't be further from the truth. The game was pretty great when it first came out, but they slowly killed it with patches. All the DLC on the other hand...

Thought I only had two but I had four. Oops, that should have been a skip.

Does DIG email Steam keys when Greenlit or do they have you go through the Desura client?
You have to write in an request them but so far they've been good about giving them even when I asked for multiples because I got Crystals of Time 2x from BTA from one of their bundles but I forgot I had already got it 2X for BTA previously on one of their daily deals.

And when I say BTA I mean like 7 cents over the minimum. :lol:

You have to write in an request them but so far they've been good about giving them even when I asked for multiples because I got Crystals of Time 2x from BTA from one of their bundles but I forgot I had already got it 2X for BTA previously on one of their daily deals.

So no reason to hang onto Desura keys in triplicate?

So no reason to hang onto Desura keys in triplicate?
Shouldn't be. Never say never but I don't think they will distribute through Desura and anyhow since Linden Lab took over Desura they've been telling some devs they don't want to distribute Steam keys for games not sourced from them (ie not bought on Desura or Indie Royale).

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Aerena
  • Paranautical Activity
  • Lume
  • Earth 2160
  • Gravity Badgers
  • C-Rush
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
  • Humanity Asset
  • Aveyond: Lord of Twilight
  • 1953 - KGB Unleashed
  • Little Racers STREET
  • Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
  • Street Racing Syndicate
  • Papo & Yo
  • Redshirt
  • Face Noir
  • Finding Teddy
  • Ichi
  • Soulbringer
  • 8-Bit Commando
  • Wizardy 6 + 7

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester

• Dark Scavenger
  • Dark Scavenger
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker

New donor only list:

• Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Holy Avatar vs Maidens of the Dead
  • Darkness II
  • Echo of the Wilds
  • Influx
  • Mata Hari
  • Revenge of the Titans
  • Fortix 2
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
  • GEARCRACK Arena
  • Gun Metal

That place to donate is right here at my Extra Life page. Every cent goes to Seattle Children's! Get your dibs on hundreds and hundreds on Steam games still to come!

Open for all:

• Little Racers STREET
May I have one above? I don't know which I would like better so I leave up to you.

I want this, because it is from a Spanish Studio. Didn't know, good thing. May I have please?

Thanks.

Who knew I had so many internet boyfriends?

On a completely unrelated note, it's in Georgian English (as in Caucasus, not The Night When the Lights Went Out) but I think they are saying everyone will get their Pixel Hunter keys. Soon. Ish. And that PS people shit talking them are angry lying redditors. They also have a creative definition of finished, but they're trying. Uh, I think.

Pixel Hunter Giveaway is Finished

Hey folks

Firstly want to thank you for your understanding and sorry for inconvenience.

We've received your emails and are sending Keys to everyone (Some of you already got it). We are making this process by our own and with our hands, therefore we need more time to distribute the keys to all who have sent an email.

We guarantee that everyone who have sent an email with a screenshot will get the key less than in 24 hour.

Thank you again to be part of us!

P.S. The fact that someone didn't get their key for aforesaid reason (The link was copied on Reddit) the group members started to write that we are liars and etc. Please make sure that once you'll get your key, you'll comment this as well. Thanks in advance!
In other news, the game probably sucks. Or those dastardly redditors are at it again. Take your pick.

GGxfvp0.png

Who knew I had so many internet boyfriends?

On a completely unrelated note, it's in Georgian English (as in Caucasus, not The Night When the Lights Went Out) but I think they are saying everyone will get their Pixel Hunter keys. Soon. Ish. And that PS people shit talking them are angry lying redditors. They also have a creative definition of finished, but they're trying. Uh, I think.

In other news, the game probably sucks. Or those dastardly redditors are at it again. Take your pick.

GGxfvp0.png
I can confirm that Pixel Hunter sucks.. I tried it out the other day. Gameplay was terrible, no native controller support, sometimes the AI flat out cheats, and at least one of the weapons seemed completely useless. I stopped playing after I got the dynamite (or w/e it was called), because the weapon was so useless that it was embarrassing.

Yeah, I do tend to go on a bit. lol

It's a fun game, the parkour is a really nice feature that I completely failed to mention and really helps you feel like a badass space ninja.

Warframe is definitely not for everyone, but even though I've complained on the official forums about the RNG wall - it's actually no where near as bad as many other games I've played.

I also forgot to mention Sentinels (robot pets) and Kubrow's (new space dog-bird pets). You can always take one or the other with you on missions and they all have varied useful skills.

One of the other things I enjoy about the game is that all weapons are usable by all Warframes. The Warframes can be considered 'classes' in that they have different armor values and abilities - but there are no limitations. I can choose a caster-type frame and pair it with a giant hammer, a submachine gun and a rocket-launcher, or a tank frame and wield twin daggers, a pistol and a sniper rifle. You can do whatever combinations you want & the fact that you only have 1 character in your account that is simply changing clothes means you don't have to build a whole new set of weapons for another 'class'. Everything you have is usable by whatever frame you have (barring individual frame's special abilities).

Oh, and regarding the weapon slots - you also have the option of selling weapons (for credits, not platinum) you've built/raked up if you don't like them. Weapons aren't locked to your account if you decide you'd rather not bother keeping it. (Same is true for warframes, but you'll need at least a second before you sell the first).
I like it, though the parkour actually isn't a big reason behind that. It's clunky to me, but the last parkour shooter I played was Titanfall, which is ridiculous fluid, so it's not really a fair comparison. It's a nice addition I suppose.

How do you get the pets? Cash or via other means?

Steam can never have too many TITS.
TiTS?

Ugh, you have to email DIG to get Steam keys? I know I have a few coming from them and I was hoping they'd do it themselves since their page clearly says you get Steam keys. Doesn't say "You get Steam keys if you email us." -_-

Thanks Motoki for the gift! I actually wanted to play this seen videos on it before and well.... it seems like my kind of game! :whistle2:

BNBi113.png
rly motoki

After 141 hours of playing Skyrim (base-game) on and off for hours and hours - chipping away at this behemoth w/ its ridiculous amount of quests, places to explores, things to do, etc - since owning it (12-24-2011)...

...The Main Quest has finally been completed.

:D

After 141 hours

You're doing it wrong, you're supposed to play hundreds of hours without even doing the main quest. Heck, I never completed the main quest in Morrowind but I joined every faction I could and I'm pretty sure I was supposed to kill myself...

You're doing it wrong, you're supposed to play hundreds of hours without even doing the main quest. Heck, I never completed the main quest in Morrowind but I joined every faction I could and I'm pretty sure I was supposed to kill myself...
I pretty much did most of my hours doing a lot of the side-stuff in Skyrim - Dark Brotherhood Quest, Thieves Guild Quests, got married, etc etc.

I've chipped away here and there on the Main Quest - but the last few days, I decided to tackle what I had left of that Main Quest to do.

EDIT:

I've finished all of the Main Quests for Morrowind (base-game) + Tribunal + Bloodmoon; Oblivion (base-game) + KOTN + Shiv Isles. I've easily got over 150 hours per my 1st Playthrough w/ each Complete Edition there.

With Skyrim (base-game) done, Dawnguard is likely up next.

I pretty much did most of my hours doing a lot of the side-stuff - Dark Brotherhood Quest, Thieves Guild Quests, etc etc.
I've chipped away here and there on the Main Quest - but the last few days, I decided to tackle what I had left of that Main Quest to do.
I tend to do the opposite when I have played skyrim. I'm on my fourth play through and each time I rush through and get the main story out of the way as I'm not a fan of that quest line. Then I have a lot of fun with the many side quests.

Motoki, I thought you were my boyfriend, y u no send 2 me??????
he must be sick of you being such a space tyrant

After 141 hours of playing Skyrim (base-game) on and off for hours and hours - chipping away at this behemoth w/ its ridiculous amount of quests, places to explores, things to do, etc - since owning it (12-24-2011)...

now that i bought the rest of the dlc...maybe it's time to play modded skyrim soon.

If you intend on going through the DLC (specifically Dawnguard), I'd highly suggest a few mods.

Better Vampires
Predator Vision
Heart of the Beast
Tales of Lycanthropy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4uI61Z-EJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_19XQzEbQ

I tend to do the opposite when I have played skyrim. I'm on my fourth play through and each time I rush through and get the main story out of the way as I'm not a fan of that quest line. Then I have a lot of fun with the many side quests.
I actually do the same. After mods, the main quest ends up being like <10% of the game, but you do get some key interactions and events during it, so I knock it out quick. (I've played Skyrim about 15-20 times.)

If you intend on going through the DLC (specifically Dawnguard), I'd highly suggest a few mods.

Better Vampires
Predator Vision
Heart of the Beast
Tales of Lycanthropy

I actually do the same. After mods, the main quest ends up being like <10% of the game, but you do get some key interactions and events during it, so I knock it out quick. (I've played Skyrim about 15-20 times.)
I feel like you've probably played Skyrim, Borderlands and Mass Effect about 20 times as much as all other games combined

Better Vampires
Predator Vision
Heart of the Beast
Tales of Lycanthropy

When I do ES games, I usually on PT1 (Play-Through 1) only add UI mods - b/c I want the experience Bethesda intended, gameplay-wose.

While I was fine w/ Morrowind's UI (since it was PC-like and you could re-size the damn windows)...

...Oblivion's sucked (too console-like - Dark-DarnUI fixed that) + Skyrim's was improved but still not that great (SkyUI fixed that completely).

While I'm at it, any other Dragonborn suggestions for mods?

I feel like you've probably played Skyrim, Borderlands and Mass Effect about 20 times as much as all other games combined
That's probably a fair estimate. I was just thinking to myself after killing Vermivorous a few times yesterday that it might be time for another ME playthrough. Though, Skyrim talk has me itching again.

Edit: I was also thinking of booting up BL1 again...for some reason.

When I do ES games, I usually on PT1 (Play-Through 1) only add UI mods - b/c I want the experience Bethesda intended, gameplay-wose.

While I was fine w/ Morrowind's UI (since it was PC-like and you could re-size the damn windows)...
...Oblivion's sucked (too console-like - Dark-DarnUI fixed that) + Skyrim's was improved but still not that great (SkyUI fixed that completely).

While I'm at it, any other Dragonborn suggestions for mods?
I do the same for the most part. The exception typically being graphics mods and unofficial patches. As for Dragonborn, I kept that one at graphics mods only and pretty much just patches for global mods I was already using. I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Dragonborn. I've only played through the questline two or three times whereas Dawnguard I've played through at least parts of it every time I've booted up Skyrim since I purchasing the DLC.

That's probably a fair estimate. I was just thinking to myself after killing Vermivorous a few times yesterday that it might be time for another ME playthrough. Though, Skyrim talk has me itching again.

I do the same for the most part. The exception typically being graphics mods and unofficial patches. As for Dragonborn, I kept that one at graphics mods only and pretty much just patches for global mods I was already using. I'll admit, I'm not the biggest fan of Dragonborn. I've only played through the questline two or three times whereas Dawnguard I've played through at least parts of it every time I've booted up Skyrim since I purchasing the DLC.
Why do you prefer Dawnguard over Dragonborn?

Is it the focus on Vampires?

Or is the questing much better in Dawnguard?

Or something else?

I know people get all snooty about only wanting some Aryan Bethesda experience in those ES games, but Bethesda themselves has commented on a number of mods over the years to the effect of 'That's great! Why didn't we think of that?' or 'We wanted to do that but were pressed for time and had to cut it' etc. Sometimes they add things later (like Hearthfire) that heavily borrow from mods.

And as far a visuals and lighting go, as long as it doesn't change the style too radically I put it in the same category as UI mods, namely fixing consolizedness of their more recent entries.

Or something else?
It wasn't that I like the vampire aspect of Dawnguard as I've only played as a Vampire Lord once and a non-Lord vampire a couple times. I just thought that the pacing and story was more interesting, personally. I didn't like the Solstheim setting or questline in Skyrim because it just felt out of place both physically and game-wise. I think quest-wise, it would have been better if it was intertwined in with the base game main quest. Setting-wise, Solstheim just did nothing for me, maybe because I still haven't played Morrowind (waiting on that damn mod).

Interested in any of the games from the upper tiers of the Humble Square Enix Bundle but don't want to shell out the cash for all of them? Here's your chance to (maybe) get the one you want on the cheap! Check out my mini auction for charity here!
A reminder that there are just under 4 hours left to bid on a good number of the games from the current Humble Bundle at less than their tier cost... and for charity! With the current total, I will be buying another BTA tier for sure... possibly more, so keep those bids coming!

I'd just like to point out that DrSasquatch purports to be a member of the medical profession, yet his current forum signature shows he's engineering a world-ending plague.

We're onto you, Squatchy. When the Rage virus hits I know who I'm blaming.

:nottalking:

Or something else?
It wasn't that I like the vampire aspect of Dawnguard as I've only played as a Vampire Lord once and a non-Lord vampire a couple times. I just thought that the pacing and story was more interesting, personally. I didn't like the Solstheim setting or questline in Skyrim because it just felt out of place both physically and game-wise. I think quest-wise, it would have been better if it was intertwined in with the base game main quest. Setting-wise, Solstheim just did nothing for me, maybe because I still haven't played Morrowind (waiting on that damn mod).
Dragonborn was basically fan service* for Morrowind fans. And I'm okay with that.

*Fan service in the broader sense of an intertextual refernce to another work not in [customspoiler=this][/customspoiler] sense.
Well, I felt the exact opposite of Neuro5i5: I vastly preferred Dragonborn over Dawnguard, and it was mostly because it felt like a proper DLC with a new area to explore and the concomitant unique opportunities for completing side and main questlines, collecting new armor sets and alchemy components, and finding new hidden treasures and gaining new abilities. The setting seemed novel because I hadn't really done more than very briefly piddle around in Morrowind. I will agree that the story seemed like a logical extension of a couple of questlines in the base game, but that's what I think DLCs really should represent. So much of Dawnguard just felt really optional to me. The only thing that I really felt that Dawnguard nailed was companions, oddly enough. If you kept Serena in your party longer than necessary, you would observe that when you were just dicking around or you stepped AFK to pee or whatever, she would sit in a chair, grab a pickaxe and start mining for metals, go to a workbench and mix potions, et cetera. She may not have actually had any loot to show for some of her "idle" behaviors (I genuinely don't know), but just the fact that you saw the animations made her seem a bit more real as a character. Your other NPC companions, on the other hand, just hang around and do nothing all the time unless you're moving or fighting something, which makes them seem very two-dimensional.

Of course, I'm a Skyrim noob compared to most people, only having put in a bit over 140 hours in the base game and the three DLCs combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back