Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd just like to point out that DrSasquatch purports to be a member of the medical profession, yet his current forum signature shows he's engineering a world-ending plague.

We're onto you, Squatchy. When the Rage virus hits I know who I'm blaming.

:nottalking:
When the virus hits, you will be too busy trying not to mess your trousers when you sneeze. ;)

T97YSbh.png

I'm only referring to the new Dungeon Defenders Eternity. XP.
Carry on then.

I like it, though the parkour actually isn't a big reason behind that. It's clunky to me, but the last parkour shooter I played was Titanfall, which is ridiculous fluid, so it's not really a fair comparison. It's a nice addition I suppose.

How do you get the pets? Cash or via other means?
I've played Titanfall, and yeah, that parkour is fun, but you can do some really cool things in Warframe once you learn the moves and get used to the controls. This is an older video and I am sure there are better ones, but it'll give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DFeTqLp3s

Oh, here's a fast-movement tip - sprint, slide and then hit jump - you will propel yourself forward a lot faster than if you had just ran. You can chain this if you time it right. Or start a wall run & tap jump, you'll go flying forward. Lastly, do a search for zorencoptering. It's another odd movement type some have adopted that is do-able with certain melee weapons (too much work for me but my gf uses it a lot to 'catch up' when she goes off wandering and then accuses me of leaving her behind.

SpaceDog pets (Kubrow's) are unlocked through the quest system. The quest starts by killing Jackal, the planetary boss on Venus (he will also give you the components for the Rhino Warframe).

Sentinel pets are built just like weapons/warframes. You can buy the blueprint with in game credits and build it once you have the needed resources. It will come with it's own weapon & 2 sentinel specific mods. Or you could buy them with platinum if you wanted.
They actually had a decent deal on one of them in the cash shop recently - Carrier for 60P instead of 75. It was a good deal because it came with 2 Sentinel Slots (the sentinel & it's weapon each take up a 'slot') and both the sentinel and it's weapon came upgraded with Orokin Catalysts. At the time I didn't have any spare Orokin Catalysts and would have needed to buy additional sentinel slots anyway, so it was a pretty easy decision. It's also probably the most useful sentinel in the game and has the best weapon (a shotgun). I had also just received a login reward of 50% off platinum so that made it even easier. Lastly, don't forget if you do end up sticking with the game that you can get Warframe Platinum/booster packs on Steam and Amazon using funbux (I'd wait until they were on sale).

I read this as "Underground" and just about diarrhead myself.

Then I remembered that EA would never put a game that has never been available digitally before on Steam, and cried a little when I found out I actually did diarrhea myself.
You can thank DrSasquatch for that.

:nottalking:

Previously I complained loudly about not getting a key for Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween despite having joined the group and voted (I  just didn't see the notice to send in my address). Screenshot proof was not enough and I was turned down. 

I sent in one last complaint and the developer replied with a Steam key for the game. 

So... despite the difficulty in obtaining the key, he did come through as promised and I wanted to be sure I posted the positive ending to the whole boring saga. 

I read this as "Underground" and just about diarrhead myself.

Then I remembered that EA would never put a game that has never been available digitally before on Steam, and cried a little when I found out I actually did diarrhea myself.
Would be nice if EA put NFS: Underground 1 + 2 on Origin, Steam, GOG, and anywhere else you can think of.

I still don't own those.

I wonder how many music licenses they'd have to try to clear-up, though - if they were going to try + keep their soundtrack the same.

I've played Titanfall, and yeah, that parkour is fun, but you can do some really cool things in Warframe once you learn the moves and get used to the controls. This is an older video and I am sure there are better ones, but it'll give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DFeTqLp3s

Oh, here's a fast-movement tip - sprint, slide and then hit jump - you will propel yourself forward a lot faster than if you had just ran. You can chain this if you time it right. Or start a wall run & tap jump, you'll go flying forward. Lastly, do a search for zorencoptering. It's another odd movement type some have adopted that is do-able with certain melee weapons (too much work for me but my gf uses it a lot to 'catch up' when she goes off wandering and then accuses me of leaving her behind.
The system is fine. It's not like I don't like it, and it's a good addition to the game, it's just not on the same level as Titanfall parkour. Everything in Titanfall is free flowing, whereas the parkour in Warframe "locks" you into wallruns and whatnot, then you exit them. If you're good you can execute them beautifully and string them together great, but it's still as "fluid" as movement in a game like Gears of War. A pro can make movement, cover use, changing cover, sprinting, etc look great from stringing things together, but it's still not "fluid".

But again, Warframe and Ttitanfall are vastly different games, so it's not the fairest comparison. I need to get better at parkour in Warframe too, I hardly use it because I suck at it.

One thing that has been annoying me somewhat is the enemy AI. It's bad. Sneaking is silly, I've been 10 feet away from enemies, they're staring right at me, but I'm crouched so apparently they have no idea I'm there. Other times I'm 50 feet away, the alarm isn't on, and they spot me instantly and start shooting. The AI is really unintelligent, and the game bases its difficulty not upon AI who can give you a run for your money, but simply by throwing copious amount of enemies at you. Quantity over quality, in a way.

It would be nice if one of these updates included some better AI. That's probably my biggest complaint so far.

Not Steam related, but you can get Sims 2: Ultimate Collection for free on Origin by using the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS (use the "redeem a product code" box).

Credit to Louiedog for the heads up.

More Warframe stuff.
There have been some talks in the Dev streams and forums about the AI & they've realized what they were doing wrong. Yes, sometimes the stealth detection is fuxxed, but the real problem with the AI was the fact that they programmed too many tactics into them when they are too weak to actually pull them off. They would/will sometimes turn and run to get to 'better' cover instead of just shooting at you from where they were, all the while another enemy is trying to flank you from the 1st enemies new projected position. All that ends up happening is you shoot them both while they are moving & you think to yourself "why weren't they shooting". They've toned this down until they can really look at it again so... yeah.. sometimes the enemy AI can seem really stupid. But they are aware of it and working on it.

And I completely agree on the stealth... they need to work on that as it seems tacked on at this point and it's impossible to tell if an enemy is going to react to you or not sometimes.

Not Steam related, but you can get Sims 2: Ultimate Collection for free on Origin by using the code I-LOVE-THE-SIMS (use the "redeem a product code" box).

Wow, good guy EA. Like seriously what the fuck?

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection includes these following games:

• The Sims 2 Base Game
  • The Sims 2 University
  • The Sims 2 Nightlife
  • The Sims 2 Open For Business
  • The Sims 2 Pets
  • The Sims 2 Seasons
  • The Sims 2 Bon Voyage
  • The Sims 2 FreeTime
  • The Sims 2 Apartment Life
  • The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Holiday! Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Celebration Stuff
  • The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Teen Style Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff
  • The Sims 2 IKEA Stuff
  • The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff

It is indeed an totally complete edition.

There have been some talks in the Dev streams and forums about the AI & they've realized what they were doing wrong. Yes, sometimes the stealth detection is fuxxed, but the real problem with the AI was the fact that they programmed too many tactics into them when they are too weak to actually pull them off. They would/will sometimes turn and run to get to 'better' cover instead of just shooting at you from where they were, all the while another enemy is trying to flank you from the 1st enemies new projected position. All that ends up happening is you shoot them both while they are moving & you think to yourself "why weren't they shooting". They've toned this down until they can really look at it again so... yeah.. sometimes the enemy AI can seem really stupid. But they are aware of it and working on it.

And I completely agree on the stealth... they need to work on that as it seems tacked on at this point and it's impossible to tell if an enemy is going to react to you or not sometimes.
I will notice that sometimes enemies break off and run for cover, but the vast majority of the time their strategy is to 1. Run slowly without shooting, or 2. Stand still/walk very slowly towards me while shooting. The only times I get in trouble and actually die is when the game suddenly decides to send 20 enemies at you with no regard for cover. So it only gets hard when the game flips the "horde mode" switch and you get overrun.

Still overlookable, but the stealth system has had some laugh out loud moments. I was "sneaking" around once, and somehow I completely didn't see the enemy right in front of me. I walked up close enough to touch him, in front of him (and slightly to the side), and he didn't even notice me. I have no idea what they've coded for player detection, lol.

I've amassed something like 80k credits, so what do you suggest I blow them on? Currently I'm playing a Mag Warframe with Paris (level 14 now, I think) and Kunai. The ninja weapons are fun, but I'm thinking I should invest in something more... modern, just to change things up.

Thank you both! I spent so much time this weekend looking for my serial codes and came up empty-handed, I thought I wasn't going to be able to get this.

For anyone who doesn't have Origin on their current computer, you can also redeem this code online.

Warframe talk
More Warframe talk:
Well, I think you said you had the Braton already from the Bundlestars pack, that's a decent starting rifle (the karak and boltor are also nice early options, later on you're going to want a Soma [rank locked]). The Vasto revolvers hit pretty hard at this stage of the game (there are better choices/options as you rank up - Marelok destroys enemies) or if you want something faster you try out the Latos. If you're in a clan you can get some dual decent sub-guns blueprints from the lab (stilettos). Melee wise there's the Orthos and Dual Heat Swords.
I'm pretty sure the sentinels are over 150k to (buy/build) so that's not an option yet, but when you can, grab yourself a carrier, it will really help out.

Edit - Oh, and if you want to get a really ninja-based solo Warframe (complete with smoke-bombs, teleportation back-stabs and mass-kill teleportation attacks a-la Nightcrawler from X-Men), check out Ash. He's one of my favorite solo frames (I say solo because he doesn't really have an group buff type abiliities).

I guess spent an hour on chat dicking around with Ravi in India to get him to give me the damned Sims 2 collection for nothing.

Nice that they are doing that though.

I guess spent an hour on chat dicking around with Ravi in India to get him to give me the damned Sims 2 collection for nothing.

Nice that they are doing that though.
Thanks for giving Ravi enough grief that they decided to just give the game away to everyone.

Wouldn't it be funny if Ravi knew this promotion was happening today and still made you work for it?

tumblr_mt8mbiXOaR1r1vf9eo1_500.gif
Did that last week with an old C&C Generals code to end up with the Ultimate Collection. Had to school the kid that activation codes in the olden days didn't have letters, just numbers. He didn't believe me & tried to make it sound like I was a moran. I made him go ask someone older than 16 & was about to send him a picture of it when he came back, apologized and ponied up the UC version and another 15% code I'll probably never use. Just can't help myself; I have the heart of a teacher. +17 in the Origin. YMMV.

I don't love the sims but I'll pretend if it gets me free games.

Interested in one of the games in the upper tiers of the Squeenix Humble Bundle but don't want to pay the full tier price?? Now's your chance to (maybe) get it on the cheap!! The turnout for Round 1 was so good, I pitched in the difference for another full bundle, all of the purchase going straight to Make-A-Wish!! Everything is up for grabs this time, including the Hitman games and Lara Croft!

Check it out here.

I found it funny they spelled the game "Deadbread" in the description. Thanks. Managed to get one for The HoardTM
I see you playing "Deadbread". Stop taunting me.

As an aside, I see some funkified animal on it's back, legs up in the air when I scroll through threads and see your avatar so I am forced to stop for a closer inspection. I'm trying to figure out how to stop this behavior.

I see you playing "Deadbread". Stop taunting me.

As an aside, I see some funkified animal on it's back, legs up in the air when I scroll through threads and see your avatar so I am forced to stop for a closer inspection. I'm trying to figure out how to stop this behavior.
It has cards! Sorry.

And whatever helps you repress your animal rape fantasy is fine by me. It's actually two foxes eating a hamburger you're fapping to.

It has cards! Sorry.

And whatever helps you repress your animal rape fantasy is fine by me. It's actually two foxes eating a hamburger you're fapping to.
Pardon me. I should have said "playing".

Hey! Girls don't fap! We're all dainty and such. I do want to eat that hamburger though so I guess there's a fantasy in there for everyone. Fox.

Quick computer question if it's OK.

I've been having some major computer problems of late. The friggin thing has been shutting down on me after a few minutes or whenever I try to do something that is the slightest bit taxing. Through the process of elimination, I'm pretty sure that it was the motherboard that was the culprit. So I went and bought this combo from Micro Center earlier today. It's not really much of an upgrade over my current Mobo/CPU, but it was cheap and I should be able to run my computer for longer than 15 minutes without it crashing.

So my question is, will I need to do a fresh install of windows? Or can I just boot up the computer after I change the mobo/CPU?

[SIZE=12pt]I can't imagine that it would be that simple. But wishful thinking and a desire to shortcut past several hours of Windows (and other program) installs makes me ask.[/SIZE]

Hey! Girls don't fap! We're all dainty and such. I do want to eat that hamburger though so I guess there's a fantasy in there for everyone. Fox.
I thought fap was the sound? If so, girls can fap. Don't ever limit yourself because someone tell's you a girl can't do something. And we're all secretly furries, aren't we?

I've been having some major computer problems of late. The friggin thing has been shutting down on me after a few minutes or whenever I try to do something that is the slightest bit taxing. Through the process of elimination, I'm pretty sure that it was the motherboard that was the culprit. So I went and bought this combo from Micro Center earlier today. It's not really much of an upgrade over my current Mobo/CPU, but it was cheap and I should be able to run my computer for longer than 15 minutes without it crashing.

So my question is, will I need to do a fresh install of windows? Or can I just boot up the computer after I change the mobo/CPU?

[SIZE=12pt]I can't imagine that it would be that simple. But wishful thinking and a desire to shortcut past several hours of Windows (and other program) installs makes me ask.[/SIZE]
Buy a new computer and not just some cheap shit, something around the $2000 range that will last you at least a good 2 months. I recommend a Sager.

Edit:

And to be begrudgingly helpful, you should be able to just plug in the HD and it should be able to boot Windows, but depending on whatever version of Windows you have it might do the "smart" thing and tell you it detects a hardware change and do some reconfiguration crap. And then ask you to activate windows again or some crap.

Mmmmm..... meat.

fantasy-three.jpg

There are ways to do it without a re-install, but you'll likely encounter problems with drivers and so forth. Best thing to do is a full reinstall.

That line has me thinking PSU. Unless you mean something like BSOD instead of "shutting down".
I immediately thought power supply as well.
Agreed try a new PS first, then you wouldn't have to worry about the reinstall.
I actually have a spare PSU that I threw in there to test. It's a 400W, as opposed to the 700W that I have in there right now. But without the extra hard drives connected and the GPU pulled out, it should have been more than sufficient. Yet I still had the problems with the computer crashing with it in there.

Oh and neuro, sometimes I get the BSOD, and other times it just shuts down.

I actually have a spare PSU that I threw in there to test. It's a 400W, as opposed to the 700W that I have in there right now. But without the extra hard drives connected and the GPU pulled out, it should have been more than sufficient. Yet I still had the problems with the computer crashing with it in there.

My other thought was bad RAM.

I've got coupons on steam that expire within the next 7 days if anyone wants them.

75% OFF Two Worlds II Castle Defense Valid until 7/30/2014 10:01:15 AM

66% OFF Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion Valid until 7/29/2014 3:54:00 PM

50% OFF Millie Valid until 7/29/2014 2:47:13 PM

Your choice.

Over heating maybe? Is the CPU fan spinning?

New Releases

Ohmicide(audio production) $83.74

Unrest- $13.74

Galactic Arms Race- $3.99

Machines at War 3- $12.74

Third Eye Crime- $4.99

Happy Wars- F2P (out of early access)

Micron- $4.49 (bundle fodder)

Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly(early access) Unlocks in 1 hr

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done