Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much. Unless he gets really creative which it doesn't sound like he will, then he's going to have to bundle it again at this point to get any kind of sales because it's just sitting there and no one is noticing it.
exactly, and if he's that down on it maybe in a week he'll come to his senses and realize that he already has a finished game, on steam, and while it may not be selling he can just look at it as a possible source of a tiny amount of income with little work left. He may as well make any money he can on it even if its just a little from a bundle without much effort. I would expect it to start showing up in alot of bundles within a few months

Pretty much. Unless he gets really creative which it doesn't sound like he will, then he's going to have to bundle it again at this point to get any kind of sales because it's just sitting there and no one is noticing it.
As always, motoki fighting the good fight in the game forums.

(No sarcasm.)

I have a feeling this game will get Greenlit fairly quickly:

Redemption
That has some nice art, looks dece-

MOBA

*burns the Greenlight page to the ground and salts the earth

Oh and the other thing is he partially blamed it on the Playfire people saying they were the ones pushing him to get them their keys right away so they could get their rewards and he was trying to be nice to them. :p

Oh and the other thing is he partially blamed it on the Playfire people saying they were the ones pushing him to get them their keys right away so they could get their rewards and he was trying to be nice to them. :p
Selfish pirates always ruining a good thing for everyone.

GMG is going bankrupt and now this dev can't sell his game.

Playfire ruins everything.

I miss the old GMG, pre-playfire.

I have a feeling this game will get Greenlit fairly quickly:

Redemption
Geez, that game has more exposed boobs than I've ever seen on a greenlight page.

z612Il5.jpg

It says you need to make a comment on the page too.
She literally has no other way to keep track right now. She hasn't setup a group for it. Carl was going to do it through WGN but then she went and started on her own and I think he just got fed up and gave up.

re: DotD

Saw this posted in one of the Steam reviews for it and I'll just leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA97SqR9jvY
Very good video. I played a small bit during free beta. Game seemed decent mechanically but there was a little something off. Having to rent space to build and then lose it if you missed a payment seemed pretty crappy to me. This video explains why I won't be played this at all.

Very good video. I played a small bit during free beta. Game seemed decent mechanically but there was a little something off. Having to rent space to build and then lose it if you missed a payment seemed pretty crappy to me. This video explains why I won't be played this at all.
I believe that if you miss a payment you lose your claim (lose your "digs" on the map) and all your materials get placed back in your bank. I think there's some template mechanic you can use to rebuild units of your structure. I'm not positive on that though.

That lady's impressive. I've worked with several hearing-impaired students, and therefore an even larger number of ASL interpreters. The range of fluency is crazy. Even more fun is an ASL interpreter working with an ESL student.

So the Stained guy made another post...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/302870/discussions/0/45350245134540811/#c37470848434076758

Before going into the bundle we confirmed with the IR contact whether it is necessary to distribute the keys to the bundle owner once we release on steam, and He clearly stated "Its not required, Its totally upto you".

If you have got the impression that the keys are confirmed then it was a mistake my friend.
He's right, the original Debut 3 blog post doesn't mention Greenlight nor any sort of "You'll get a key when Greenlit" confirmation. But the fact that he gave keys to a few people but not to everyone else...

Why are indie devs like this? :(

I honestly think some of these indie devs do outrageous shit just to get attention and be ironic hipster anti-establishment counter culture. Like the dude who raised the price of his game to some ridiculous amount during the Because We Can sale Because He Could.

Then again these days with "Free" to play games charging people as much as $100 for early access and Kickstarters putting early access into higher donation tiers I suppose what he's doing isn't so anti-establishment anymore. It's pretty much the norm these days to shake down the most devoted fans for every nickel they can get from them.

It's eyerolly, but I think (hope) most of us here have the good sense and cheapness to not fall for that sort of shenanigans.
y u no read? 100% of that $100 is going to charity and some contest thing. The devs aren't making any money off it, lol.

• Wizardy 6 + 7
Ooh, can I has dis?

Selfish pirates always ruining a good thing for everyone.

GMG is going bankrupt and now this dev can't sell his game.
It's amusing, I originally said pirates were stupid because they were probably going to drive GMG to either shut down the reward system or reduce the rewards.

I was totally off base, the rewards haven't gone down at all.

Unfortunately this is a case where I hate that I was right. I'd have loved to be wrong and still hammering away at Playfire rewards. Now? They aren't worth it, I don't even bother.

y u no read? 100% of that $100 is going to charity and some contest thing. The devs aren't making any money off it, lol.
Oh I forget, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

So he's shaking down the one or two crazy devoted fans for orphans or something then. And it still got him attention in the process.

So he's shaking down the one or two crazy devoted fans for orphans or something then. And it still got him attention in the process.
I dunno, I don't see anything wrong with it. People give money to charity without getting anything. If someone wants to give a bunch of money to charity and get early access to a game, who cares? If the dev was getting a chunk of it I'd be rolling my eyes too, but it's no different than any "games for charity" type of thing, it's just a higher tier.

And I can see how the whole charity thing is for attention, but thinking about it, say I finished my game and released it. I'd probably do the same. For attention? Not really, it's not like my game would make tons of cash, I might as well do SOMETHING good with it.

Ooh, can I has dis?

It's amusing, I originally said pirates were stupid because they were probably going to drive GMG to either shut down the reward system or reduce the rewards.

I was totally off base, the rewards haven't gone down at all.

Unfortunately this is a case where I hate that I was right. I'd have loved to be wrong and still hammering away at Playfire rewards. Now? They aren't worth it, I don't even bother.
The best thing I did was exploit that shit while it was good to exploit. You have to strike while the iron is hot.

You make it sound that buying the game is some "essential need." This is hardly a "shake down."

No one is forcing anyone to buy the game at that price. Some people want to play an interesting game early and is willing to shell out big bucks for the privilege. (Also known as #FakeCAG and having more money than sense)

So the developer is getting PR and is also making money from this advertisement? What's the issue here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back