Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have gotten a drop, but on mobile something seems hosed... Thanks for the drops!

Yep, got the 99 Levels!

I'm looking forward to the Steam-based mulitplayer even more. Hopefully some revived interesting BL1 then. =)
Unless they added a FoV slider (lazy to tweak it) and a mini-map, game hasn't aged well. Tried playing again last year or so, couldn't get back to it. It was fine back then when it debut.

Man, I remember playing Left 4 Dead and BL1 is all my friends talked about before release.

A quick word about Doctors ... My first was Dr. Chaos the things we would have to ...yikes ..then Dr. Mario ...prescribed way too many pills.. Dr.Robotnik..seemed to be more of a vet .. all about animals then there is our new guy Dr. Sasquatch . He is very generous and super awesome ! Thanks again doc ! :)

AND he could ALSO be an asshole.
ftfy.

People who are now replying to my answer to the question of why indie devs keep f*ing up their releases, please note that I was certainly not defending or excusing anybody's actions, especially not those related to Stained. I specified in there somewhere that it's no excuse for the worst of them.

A quick word about Doctors ... My first was Dr. Chaos the things we would have to ...yikes ..then Dr. Mario ...prescribed way too many pills.. Dr.Robotnik..seemed to be more of a vet .. all about animals then there is our new guy Dr. Sasquatch . He is very generous and super awesome ! Thanks again doc ! :)
I am a doctor as well. Not a medical doctor though; I have a PhD in Rock.

Edit - As soon as I posted this, I felt like a corny fool. Left it there for all to see.

One+word+for+you+_a2f9ea08d44264428755353db92f9f60.jpg

Guess they're getting desperate. Does anyone still play Wildstar? If so, is it as dead as I hear?
I honestly tried to give it a chance during the beta but it was just meh same old shit to me. You can get similar experiences without having to buy a game and/or pay a monthly fee.

Donate to Seattle Children's at my Extra Life page here to get on the donor list and help some kids.
CONTEST

Starting tonight at midnight American PST (Gaben time) and going for 24 hours, I will match dollar for dollar any donations made to this charity, up to a secret maximum amount (told only to Dr Sasquatch). It's a secret so people don't just give up after the limit is hit. In addition, anyone who donates at least $5 during the 24 hour period gets a free game off my bundle leftover list.
Less than 12 hours left people!

Guess they're getting desperate. Does anyone still play Wildstar? If so, is it as dead as I hear?
I still play it. Leveling will feel like there's no one around like most MMOs months after release, but at 50 there's still a bunch of people playing. I don't play on one of the more populated servers so I imagine it's even better on those.

Don't bother with it though if you don't plan to join a guild or have a solid group of friends to play with at max level.

Unless they added a FoV slider (lazy to tweak it) and a mini-map, game hasn't aged well. Tried playing again last year or so, couldn't get back to it. It was fine back then when it debut.

Man, I remember playing Left 4 Dead and BL1 is all my friends talked about before release.
Pfft, setting wise it was a mess back in spring 2011. I've played it in the last year as well (after 150 hours of BL2), it has aged just fine. Even better even since I now have SMAA at my disposal (since MSAA had little effect). Once you get your settings dialed in, it's great.

Borderlands Advanced Settings Tool

BAC099.png

Since somebody was asking about this before, Alienware Arena is now giving away WildStar trial keys.
Sweet thanks! Those mere 5k keys on PC gamer went fast (and at a bad time for me).

Pfft, this a chance to play and see if it's worth it (probably not). Besides if I was going to sub to an MMO it might as well be WoW (again).

Pfft, setting wise it was a mess back in spring 2011. I've played it in the last year as well, it has aged just fine. Even better even since I now have SMAA at my disposal (since MSAA had little effect). Once you get your settings dialed in, it's great.

Borderlands Advanced Settings Tool

BAC099.png
Yeah, I used that tool also, but I still need that mini-map some reason. Something just feels off about it now. I wanted to play those DLC I never got back then. I think BL2 really spoiled my feature diet. Maybe I'll give it a chance again, for like the 3rd time.

I loaded up Borderlands and it plays great, but... is it just me or are the game animations running at twice the frame rate? My old rig ran it fine at like 30 FPS, but now Roland seems to reload twice as fast.

The game itself feels the same, it's just the animations that feel off.

please & thanks
Sorry, someone spodered that, and I haven't had a chance to update my list yet. Going to do that now.

Less than 12 hours left people!
Since my anyone who donates $25 today gets to pick* two games for me to play on Twitch for at least an hour each offer wasn't enticing, I will make it $20 for today only! And anyone who has previously donated just has to bump their donation up to at least 20, and it will count! Make me stream Coconut Queen for 12 solid hours and watch as my sanity begins to crack! Have me play the Duke Nukem series all the way through! Laugh at me as I try to figure out how to launch an Ubisoft game for a few hours before my brain shuts down and I stare at the computer in a vegetative state! The sky is the limit.

*Not Bad Rats

Sorry, someone spodered that, and I haven't had a chance to update my list yet. Going to do that now.

Since my anyone who donates $25 today gets to pick* two games for me to play on Twitch for at least an hour each offer wasn't enticing, I will make it $20 for today only! And anyone who has previously donated just has to bump their donation up to at least 20, and it will count! Make me stream Coconut Queen for 12 solid hours and watch as my sanity begins to crack! Have me play the Duke Nukem series all the way through! Laugh at me as I try to figure out how to launch an Ubisoft game for a few hours before my brain shuts down and I stare at the computer in a vegetative state! The sky is the limit.

*Not Bad Rats
I wish I had enough money to make you play The Graveyard for 5 hours straight. I really wish I did.

FREAKING...

Oh... beaten.
There really was no point to having limited activations anymore, it was more a nuisance than anything. I reinstalled the game today (the files were already on my hard drive) and it... activated two things. I got two Securom-like activation progress prompts before the game started up.

So whatever they did, at least it got rid of the limited install amount.

*Not Bad Rats
Hmm just realized I only have to donate 20 more cents to get some twitch going on. What to get streamed.....

I'm back, miss me? Have about a months worth of scraps to dump at some point. Oh and buy my damn mechanical keyboard so I can buy another one. See Mooby for details.

I'm back, miss me? Have about a months worth of scraps to dump at some point. Oh and buy my damn mechanical keyboard so I can buy another one. See Mooby for details.
It's a lie -- he's pulling a ha ha funny everyone spam his inbox... not that anyone wants his second hand keyboard.

Assuming that you're just gonna post a big list of unnamed codes, you can just send 'em to me, first. I'll sort and name them, then post the remnants here.

Welcome back! I am looking for a new back lit mechanical keyboard myself, but I prefer to "break it in" and "season it" myself. Good luck. I heard Craig's List might be a good place get rid of your "load."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back