Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to say that I'm only slightly disappointed with myself for buying this background for 66 cents via the order system. It's going for $1 otherwise.

P8tuyhv.jpg

I'm loosely announcing this, but figured I would. I suppose it could be used to edit video game footage:

Get free PowerDirector 11 by using code PDR4CNET

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2014/Q3/PDR_CNET/index.jsp
Having searched over the interwebs, it appears that everyone is getting the same CD key with the download. I signed up using one of my spam accounts and it gave me the same key that's been posted at other sites. The download link also appears to be readily available, so you won't have to use their downloader to get the installer.

It's 400 MB or so. I actually need this thing for some video editing I plan to do, so... hopefully it's not too crippled.

Edit: Slickdeals says that this won't let you use most features and asks you to upgrade. Pass. :(

Having searched over the interwebs, it appears that everyone is getting the same CD key with the download. I signed up using one of my spam accounts and it gave me the same key that's been posted at other sites. The download link also appears to be readily available, so you won't have to use their downloader to get the installer.

It's 400 MB or so. I actually need this thing for some video editing I plan to do, so... hopefully it's not too crippled.

Edit: Slickdeals says that this won't let you use most features and asks you to upgrade. Pass. :(
Was hopeful it wasn't like this. Didn't bother looking into it.

Can I have a Dead Island, Frozen Hearth, and Sweet Lily Dreams?

Open for all:

• Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Dead Island Epidemic
  • Gun Monkeys
  • Syberia II
  • Sweet Lily Dreams
  • Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Huntsman: The Orphanage
  • Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
  • Frozen Hearth
  • Vegas: Make It Big
  • Sanctum
  • Alien Zombie Megadeath

Desura:
  • One Day for Ched
  • Songs of the Myrne
  • Pester
  • Rhythm Destruction
  • International Snooker
  • 12 Labours of Hercules

New donor only list:

• Gearcrack: Arena
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Savant: Ascent
  • Mr. Bree +
  • Jack Lumber
  • FLY'N
  • Oozi: Earth Adventure
  • 8-Bit Commando

To get on the donor list, just make a donation to Seattle Children's through my Extra Life page! Go team!

Auction for Return to Castle Wolfenstein is still going! Snakeybro is winning at $2.00! Get your bids in! This is a great price for an awesome game and all the money goes to charity! Auction ends in one hour!

New donor only list:

• Jack Lumber
  • Oozi: Earth Adventure

To get on the donor list, just make a donation to Seattle Children's through my Extra Life page! Go team!

Auction for Return to Castle Wolfenstein is still going! Snakeybro is winning at $2.00! Get your bids in! This is a great price for an awesome game and all the money goes to charity! Auction ends in one hour!
Didn't get my donation in on time to get Puddle much earlier in this charity drive, and missed Oozi and the end of the auction... Oh well, it was a decent day for some golf!

Can I get Jack Lumber please?

And put me down for $1.75 for Prototype 2... or am I now down by a tree and 50 cents?

Didn't get my donation in on time to get Puddle much earlier in this charity drive, and missed Oozi and the end of the auction... Oh well, it was a decent day for some golf!

And put me down for $1.75 for Prototype 2... or am I now down by a tree and 50 cents?
In case we think I'm joking. $3.50 USD.

Now that I have this weird pervy avatar, I think I'll go post in a whole bunch of console threads... just because.

I think I should just get it over with and rename this thread the CAG freak show.
Says the guy with the flasher avatar.

Been playing Metal Gear Satan The Murdery Machine Murder Simulator 2012 Lucius, it's an interesting little game. Except the character's mom wants me to take out the garbage and the game won't tell me where the hell's the garbage can. I ran all over the house looking for it and nope, not a clue. The game's weird lighting doesn't help much either.

Been playing Metal Gear Satan The Murdery Machine Murder Simulator 2012 Lucius, it's an interesting little game. Except the character's mom wants me to take out the garbage and the game won't tell me where the hell's the garbage can. I ran all over the house looking for it and nope, not a clue. The game's weird lighting doesn't help much either.
There's a wiki for that: http://lucius.wikia.com/wiki/Chores

Can I have a Dead Island, Frozen Hearth, and Sweet Lily Dreams?

[/spoiler]
Can I get 8-bit commando please

In case we think I'm joking. $3.50 USD.
Sent the games and thank ye for the bids!

Just kill her.

$4.00 for prototype 2
I've got $4, do I hear $4.50?

Just kill her.

I know the soon to be released Lara Croft game was somewhat discussed here, but the pre-order rewards are BS. All costumes.

Amazon gets Deus Ex themed, Steam (PSN) pre-orders get Hitman, Gamestop gets Tomb Raider related costumes.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/08/08/lara-croft-and-the-temple-of-osiris-livestream-today-gold-edition-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PSBlog+%28PlayStation.Blog%29

The first game had Legacy of Kain alternate costumes, but I don't think they were pre-order released, even if they were, it's just one pack. This is stupid. Oh, game industry. You so desperate.

But at least I can pick them up for around 30 cents down the line (probably). 

Semi-on-topic, there's a girl who parks next to me who's always looked a bit funny. I've never made the connection until now, but I recently came to the conclusion that it's because she looks a bit like Molly. Dead frumpy looking.

She drives a red Kia Picanto, since you asked.

Edit: I think it's time you met some Hull royalty. Say hello to Mally.

Sorry for the thrashing in Nosgoth earlier green.  Matchmaking in that game certainly leaves a lot to be desired.  Seems like more often than not teams are horribly stacked.

Sorry for the thrashing in Nosgoth earlier green. Matchmaking in that game certainly leaves a lot to be desired. Seems like more often than not teams are horribly stacked.
Absolutely, I agree. HOWEVER, I notice this much more around now and a few hours before. During more primetime hours, say, late evening in the States, I thought it was pretty great.

However, 1 AFK user and then 2 playing vs a competent team of 4 is dreadful/fun. I've been on both sides.

I just made it to level 15. It's a pretty fun game, but matchmaking is its weakest component. But hey, Beta/Early Access, I suppose that's the hard thing to fine tune. But I see a good game that I may play a bit more. At least 5 more levels to finally get that last class! (The flying one, Sentinel I think?)

Absolutely, I agree. HOWEVER, I notice this much more around now and a few hours before. During more primetime hours, say, late evening in the States, I thought it was pretty great.

However, 1 AFK user and then 2 playing vs a competent team of 4 is dreadful/fun. I've been on both sides.

I just made it to level 15. It's a pretty fun game, but matchmaking is its weakest component. But hey, Beta/Early Access, I suppose that's the hard thing to fine tune. But I see a good game that I may play a bit more. At least 5 more levels to finally get that last class! (The flying one, Sentinel I think?)
Well, they are toting advanced matchmaking on their coming soon items on their splash page. So if they improve that and the game is not blatantly P2W it might be an enjoyable little time waster.

Thanks to EA Origin's Free Game-Time one week trial, Battlefield 4's SP Campaign is in the books after approx. 11 hours of it.

While the stories, characters + all of that stuff is very weak + paper-thin, as you'd expect w/ a BF's SP campaign...

....the campaign was actually pretty good - b/c of the actual gameplay. I'm actually surprised.

And here's why.

Namely, I thought BF3 SP's lacked the huge spawling open-spaces + awesome battles that happen in the MP w/ lots of vehicles, enemies + action happening on-screen. Well, DICE must've heard my complaints there - b/c BF4's SP, for the most part, is loaded w/ huge just that: huge open-spaces + awesome battles to ensue in most of the game levels.

Sure - the game's linear, there's scripted events, and a lot of those linear SP military-FPS trappings - but my one major complaint from BF3's SP is gone here in BF4's SP. The battles when in those open-spaces - they're just like how I like the MP found in the BF games: chaotic + a lot of combat going on.

Now, if they could actually get some good character, plot + story writers for the SP campaign - they'd be onto something.

it is an older hanna barbera cartoon - Secret Squirrel

The secret is what's under the trench coat.
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/086/e/8/secret_squirrel_muscle_by_skull1045oscar-d3cm7uv.png

I'm tired of their spam and nonsense and shenanigans. Very amateurish group. And now apparently they asked for donations, people raged and then suddenly it was the old a 'friend' who took my computer line.

Right.

Leaving the group and if I don't get a free copy of yet another shitty voxel game that probably will get ignored by Valve anyway at this point for working the system then I won't :cry:

sorry, was not trying to be rude, just nostalgic. I remember watching this and other HB cartoons.

yes, I got your humor, thus the link to the pic.
I'm... actually pretty sure that DA link was an actual gag used in an episode. I don't remember if I saw it in Two Stupid Dogs or Harvey Birdman.

Anyway no harm done, don't worry.

I heard that Steam Music was going into beta (side note). Quote from WGN (Shoppa)
The beta's been available for a while, hasn't it? I've had that player on my beta client for a few weeks.

RE: New content types

I hope this means Steam can be extended to support other formats, like FLAC. The only reason I don't use the player is the fact that most of my music is in that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back