Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Robot Entertainment Ammo Box Bundle

$1 for:

Orcs Must Die

Orcs Must Die 2

Orcs Must Die Franchise Soundtrack

Echo Prime + Soundtrack

Hero Academy

BTA for:

All OMD and OMD2 DLC
That is... actually a good bundle.

Sweet bundle. I'm in!
C'moooon Carl, only one game out of the whole bundle isn't a repeat! You can do better than that bro.

BlEtuzZIQAAKX3-.jpg

photo-53414.png

Okay I think I've reached the quota of furry creepiness I can take for one thread without totally getting the heebie jeebies.
bEOA27w.png

I'd prefer all those you just mentioned on a portable, not so much a PC.
Wat? Most of those are already on portables.

Cherry Tree Comedy Club any good? I've been eyeing it for years now but I want those 2 dollars and 71 cents to mean something, dammit.

Also, anyone know how to get skunk smell off of a cat? Two baths didn't work and I'm pretty sure anymore and she'll have PTSD.

Update on my graphics card situation:

So, it's been a while, but had a weird sleep schedule and was out with grandparents all day. Watching the rip off that is Divergent from free Redbox day and plan to some console games (cause free all week on Redbox! Wolfenstein, what what!)

I'm a retard and actually told you guys the wrong graphics card? Why, b/c my system didn't list it correctly. Was adept enough to see what it was on my box. I'm not sure what got everything to work, but I believe I got it working. Updated my drivers for the correct graphics card, updated the intel one as well. Then, forced high performance on Nosgoth, my test game. More testing needed? Sure, but Nosgoth runs MUCH smoother, so it's clear something went right.

Also, with the correct graphics card, I saw many users complaining about the upgrade to 8.1. I thought this may be the issue b/c of the big ass warning saying to update everything and then upgrade to 8.1, of course,  I never saw this before upgrading, because you have to have Vaio Update running to see it.

At any rate, thank you all. I appreciate you not writing me off, esp. with how new I've made myself here. However, if you PM me and were in on my conversation in any way, I'll be randomizing a gift or two of Nosgoth Veteran Pack (from HIB, not gift copy). If you don't like that, I'll be grabbing it over on Tremor and would be more than welcome to give you something of equal or lesser value. If I have any other issues, I'l post them here, unless you guys hate me. But then again, I'll be desperate.

Oh, and how about that Flying bundle? Looks great. Thanks Carl.

Looks like Ammo Box changed the base bundle price to $4.50 and set the BTA to $5.75.

Might be best to manually edit the page before they change the minimum cart limit again if you want the bundle for a dollar.

EDIT: You can no longer edit the page, it'll tell you the limit is $4.50 if you add the custom box.

Looks like U.S. friendly times for my live stream giveaways are a good idea

fGe4diQ.png
ya-think.jpg

I've only been complaining about this since, uh, you started doing them. ;)

I can't vote in any of your best of stream game votes either because I was always at work when you did the streams.

Clearly you need to stream until the wee hours of the morning on Green Witch Time to satisfy us 'muricans.

Or just, like, get a partner. I know your tiny country has a near monopoly on video game streaming but there's got to be someone.

You could also do what many of your other countrymen do and Youtube it but the down side of that if it's not in real time is you can't do the live contests and such. I guess you could always put up a 'enter here' link for a day or two though and then pick people at randomly after you've given sufficient time for everyone to catch the new video in the first day or so.

The whole live thing is just really not ideal for a lot of people. I know for you a big part of WGN is the streams but for a lot of us stateside WGN is mainly the place to get free games. :p

I've only been complaining about this since, uh, you started doing them. ;)
First I've heard of it.

But seriously, I am looking into someone covering some streams to be done at US friendly times. Some of you may notice I haven't been doing all of my own streams recently.

Looks like Ammo Box changed the base bundle price to $4.50 and set the BTA to $5.75.

Might be best to manually edit the page before they change the minimum cart limit again if you want the bundle for a dollar.

EDIT: You can no longer edit the page, it'll tell you the limit is $4.50 if you add the custom box.
Yeah, I couldn't get a purchase to go through last night at $1, checked this morning and saw this. I was having trouble plunking down $1 for Hero Academy and some other Robot game I've never heard of, but at $4.50, passing on this is a no-brainer.

What the shit... The next Tomb Raider game is an Xbone exclusive!!! :headache:

However, in a recent blog post developer Crystal Dynamics has reiterated that it's not turned its back on the PlayStation family entirely. "This doesn't mean that we're walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or PC," the California-based studio said. "Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December."

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/499187317735956480

They gotta fund their FF7 remake somehow.

I was able to get it at $2.24 at around 11pm(pst) last night, it wouldn't work in Chrome so I had to open it in Firefox and it worked that way.

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/499187317735956480

They gotta fund their FF7 remake somehow.
Bwahahaaaa...Am I the only one who wants to play the new TR games just for Camilla Luddington?

Activision is hiring independent studios to defile the Sierra games brand with a new King's Quest. (Also a new Geometry Wars.)

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/08/sierra-games-returns-with-new-kings-quest-and-geometry-wars-titles/
It's the PB Winterbottom devs. Those guys do good stuff.

As for Geometry Wars, Bizarre Creations left the franchise to die on PC years ago, so anything is better than what we have now.
Activision, really? Well at least they're not actually developing it. I'm surprised that Roberta and Ken Williams are giving it a hands-off approach.

What happened to the Two Guys from Andromeda anyway, I thought they were making something?

Yay, got my Walking Dead Season 2 from IGN Prime.

Anybody have Prime and don't want their Marvel Heroes random hero? I'd take one for any of my extra bundle games or a buck or so.

Nice to hear the news about Sierra being revived.  They defined PC gaming for me back in the days when I only had a 386 with 2 megs of ram and had to edit config.sys and autoexec.bat to get  fuck ing Betrayal at Krondor to run.  Then there was the time MS's shitty DOS compression fuxored my physical platter drive...

/gramps story time

Missable, but Max Payne Bundle (includes 1 & 2) is also 80 percent off at 2.99, just 50 cents more than one of the games separately. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/603/

Max Payne Complete (everything) 85 percent off, sitting at 8.24. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/27273/

I plan on picking up 1 & 2 myself so I can have these games on PC.
Just a heads up if anybody is looking for all three games, Newegg has the Max Payne Triple pack for $6.99, and activates on Steam. It doesn't have the MP3 Rockstar Pass like Steam's Complete pack, but the Rockstar Pass is mostly (all?) multiplayer stuff and not worth getting since multiplayer is really dead.

Nice to hear the news about Sierra being revived. They defined PC gaming for me back in the days when I only had a 386 with 2 megs of ram and had to edit config.sys and autoexec.bat to get fuck ing Betrayal at Krondor to run. Then there was the time MS's shitty DOS compression fuxored my physical platter drive...

/gramps story time
On my old Gateway 2000, I couldn't get Star Trek: Judgment Rites to work for months until by accident I clicked the "right" Port and IRQ settings...I cried.

Just a heads up if anybody is looking for all three games, Newegg has the Max Payne Triple pack for $6.99, and activates on Steam. It doesn't have the MP3 Rockstar Pass like Steam's Complete pack, but the Rockstar Pass is mostly (all?) multiplayer stuff and not worth getting since multiplayer is really dead.
Nice find. But now I'm rethinking my purchase. So much discount, so much soon to be bundle. (as is everything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back