Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot? They changed the status borders a few days ago (smaller, seems to be a slightly different colour), but I'm not sure if that's what you're talking about since I wouldn't say that blue is any more eye-catching than the previous one.
It's easiest to see side by side. The previous color is that of the word Friends.

tw5t9Wi.png

Step 2 to not getting banned from a trading site:

Don't do shady shit that negatively affects other users.
Right. Because there aren't already 100 plus users listing Steam keys as physical copies. And all listings are exactly as described, including listings marked "Like New" because it's only a cartridge but it looks brand new. Not like there is a listing for "Acceptable (Cartridge Only)" that people could use. And it's not like I couldn't send a letter with the code on it for 49 cents if asked. All of my 200 buyers were negatively affected by buying cheap Steam keys from me, including all those rare Groupee keys. I was clearly the only one on the website doing "shady shit that negatively affects other users" despite that assessment being entirely debatable in the first place. That was exactly it. I'm grateful for your advice.

The giveaway is over, though I see that it was for both TW and TW2. If you've still got your copy, is it the original or the sequel? I wouldn't mind spodering the latter, myself.
I actually don't have Witcher 2 on GOG myself, not that I got it. Apparently those went fast.

I guess I was one of the last to get a Witcher 1 code.

PM if you want. I imagine many have but I'm not gonna' try to make money off something free this time around.

Giving to Squirrel/Sasquatch for charity. That sounds good to me!

I actually don't have Witcher 2 on GOG myself, not that I got it. Apparently those went fast.

I guess I was one of the last to get a Witcher 1 code.

PM if you want. I imagine many have but I'm not gonna' try to make money off something free this time around.
Nah, I already have TW1, thanks. Just figured it was worth checking.

DIG Super Bundle 9 (0.99 for all, BTA for gift copies - currently 1.08)

Radium (Desura/Greenlight)

Elements: Soul of Fire (Desura/Greenlight)

Der(p) Professor (Desura)

One Day for Ched (Desura)

Pirated Pirates (Desura/Greenlight)

Arkadianax (Desura/Greenlight)

Radium, Elements: Soul of Fire, Pirated Pirates, and Arkadianax were all in Groupees BAGB 8 (Pirated Pirates was a bonus and I skipped the rest).  Arkadianax was additionally in IR Debut 6.  Elements: Soul of Fire was in IR Debut 16.  Radium was in IR Debut 15 and LazyGuys Night Sky.

One Day for Ched has been bundled at pretty much every site I think.  IR Debut 13, BAGB 6, IG Greenlight 3, some Bundle Bandits thing, and I think the expensive Humble Cancer benefit one.  It skipped Greenlight and keys for previous bundles are in limbo.  This one seems to only offer Desura and makes no other promises.

Derp Professor seems to be previously unbundled.

I guess I should link the bundle.  There we go.

Because, I know no one else has complained about it yet. Let me just take a minute to b*tch about Beth wanting twice as much for DLC than the base game. FU, Beth. That's bullsh*t. 

DIG Super Bundle 9 (0.99 for all, BTA for gift copies - currently 1.08)

Radium (Desura/Greenlight)

Elements: Soul of Fire (Desura/Greenlight)

Der(p) Professor (Desura)

One Day for Ched (Desura)

Pirated Pirates (Desura/Greenlight)

Arkadianax (Desura/Greenlight)

Radium, Elements: Soul of Fire, Pirated Pirates, and Arkadianax were all in Groupees BAGB 8 (Pirated Pirates was a bonus and I skipped the rest). Arkadianax was additionally in IR Debut 6. Elements: Soul of Fire was in IR Debut 16. Radium was in IR Debut 15 and LazyGuys Night Sky.

One Day for Ched has been bundled at pretty much every site I think. IR Debut 13, BAGB 6, IG Greenlight 3, some Bundle Bandits thing, and I think the expensive Humble Cancer benefit one. It skipped Greenlight and keys for previous bundles are in limbo. This one seems to only offer Desura and makes no other promises.

Derp Professor seems to be previously unbundled.

I guess I should link the bundle. There we go.
one day for chad also in playinjecotr bundle

Because, I know no one else has complained about it yet. Let me just take a minute to b*tch about Beth wanting twice as much for DLC than the base game. FU, Beth. That's bullsh*t.
I caved in and bought a legendary edition from Krugozor. I just got to the point where I was sick of waiting.

I pre-emptively acknowledge your thanks for it hitting 75% off in the Winter Sale.

:whee:

Right. Because there aren't already 100 plus users listing Steam keys as physical copies. And all listings are exactly as described, including listings marked "Like New" because it's only a cartridge but it looks brand new. Not like there is a listing for "Acceptable (Cartridge Only)" that people could use. And it's not like I couldn't send a letter with the code on it for 49 cents if asked. All of my 200 buyers were negatively affected by buying cheap Steam keys from me, including all those rare Groupee keys. I was clearly the only one on the website doing "shady shit that negatively affects other users" despite that assessment being entirely debatable in the first place. That was exactly it. I'm grateful for your advice.
I think you're getting way too worked up over a crappy trade site. I mean yeah, it's a nice place to score some good deals every now and then.. but it's not worth the time to bitch at the owner, get yourself banned, and then complain about it on CAG. I think most people here don't even know what 99gamers is.

Hell, Drabe didn't know what it was until I told him about it.

I think you're getting way too worked up over a crappy trade site. I mean yeah, it's a nice place to score some good deals every now and then.. but it's not worth the time to bitch at the owner, get yourself banned, and then complain about it on CAG. I think most people here don't even know what 99gamers is.

Hell, Drabe didn't know what it was until I told him about it.
Yeah and listing things as two seperate items for more exposure is kinda shitty. I see people do it all the time with desura keys, listing them as steam keys. I'm all for gaming a system when it comes to working over a company but it's a trading site and all you're doing is screwing over other traders, not 99g.

Bought RE6 Complete and Onimusha 3 from good ol' Krugozor and activated both, however the former doesn't show in my activity feed... have they region-locked it? Or did Steam Police catch on all those shady Russian trades I made and now plans to remove all evidence before erasing my account?

7WU6jQMFfn8.jpg

Also, I was really surprised to see this popping up, mostly because I'm among those who appreciated Of Orcs and Men... it looks even better than the latest Thief, although that's really not saying much...

TotalBiscuit had a field-day and a half w/ Fable: Anniversary - PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VP0aYKklsc

fuck yeah!

Recent Game Activity 315.2 hours past 2 weeks

0 card drops remaining
0 games with drops remaining
411 games eligible for booster packs

Fireworks.gif
 Idle Master 
Fireworks.gif

Bought RE6 Complete and Onimusha 3 from good ol' Krugozor and activated both, however the former doesn't show in my activity feed... have they region-locked it? Or did Steam Police catch on all those shady Russian trades I made and now plans to remove all evidence before erasing my account?
Yeah they locked RE6 Complete, along with many other games. Nothing to worry.

Also, I was really surprised to see this popping up, mostly because I'm among those who appreciated Of Orcs and Men... it looks even better than the latest Thief, although that's really not saying much...
I liked Of Orcs & Men so I'm sort of interested although I also remember that it took Of Orcs & Men like goddamn forever to get a sale price low enough for me to take a risk on buying it. Even then, I think it was like $7.49 at GamersGate with another 20% from the Bethesda comp discount or something. Is There Any Deal shows a bunch of $7.49 prices with a few dips to $5.99 (and $5.39 if purchasing from Brazilian McDonalds).

Is that using the auto-idler thingie? I looked at that but then the instructions had, you know, words 'n stuff... :speaktothehand:
It is. I felt the same way, but toughed it out by copying and pasting the two required text entries. It was brutal, my brain was sweating, but I came out with only minor scars. After that, you just Ronco it.

The second worst part for me is having to sell off foils... or trade them for other cards if they sell for an amount that doesn't even merit selling them.

The first worst part? Having to deal with idiots that want two cards for one card in forums, and the constantly depleting stock in SteamCardExchange (though using my dupe cards from my farming alts helps when getting credit, heh heh.)

i really need to work on idling. the halloween sale will be here before you know it, and i only have 86 cents on my account

i cant wait for the next sale because everybody will bitch about how much it sucks and still buy 20 things anyway

Is that using the auto-idler thingie? I looked at that but then the instructions had, you know, words 'n stuff... :speaktothehand:

It is. I felt the same way, but toughed it out by copying and pasting the two required text entries. It was brutal, my brain was sweating, but I came out with only minor scars. After that, you just Ronco it.
I was put off by the instructions at first, but I think it required maybe 5 minutes of time and its made getting my cards so much easier.

Newegg
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Steam) - $37.49 after promo code EMCPAWG335

Edit: Also...{snicker}...
ASUS Taichi31 Dual Screen 2in1 Ultrabook - $99,650.00 Free Shipping Available
I think GMG has the same price for Middle-Earth this weekend with coupon code if Newegg taxes people that's another alternative.

How playable is Kingdoms of Amalur? I kinda want to get it.
It's pretty fun, although I've only played ~18 hours of it. The biggest complaint I've heard thus far is that it feels like you're playing a MMO by yourself. Huge world, lots of quests (could lead to overleveling if you try to do all of them) but nobody to share it with. It's worth checking out the Heartcore mod, as it addresses some of the issues regarding difficulty, overleveling, etc. Download link here.

EDIT: Apparently I played more than I thought I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back