Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Codes for the lurkers. Have at them.
Semi-annual BIG game giveaway. I think there are close to 80 games. First come first served. Please have over 300 posts. Also please use PMs to not clog the thread up. Please feel free to ask for more than one game, but don't be greedy. Most of these are from bundles so you might have them all. I cannot guarantee that all of the links are good. I will try to repost each morning the games that are left, and Friday afternoon I will post what is left for the lurkers.

dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~
0PVGV-FOQ6N-GQPKF-7SXHW-TUUZ9 Desura

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Rt5R4pXpBrpMGswT

Thomas Was Alone
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=d6pe4nnAUkKvvPde

Dont Move
YD712-FFS30-6IF9O-SP9AR-53HXM Desura

CRUNCH TIME!
G8948-CY6LS-5LFWC-OKLV3-3QGGX Desura

Prelogate
G20H0-7KL33-39GCM-MV1CC-UPTV3 Desura

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
43K2ON2TBN107BMD918XTH6A3 Steam

Mind Dead
GTTDI-LH5AG-7WDCS-E5YAL-QA67B Desura

IONBALL 2 : IONSTORM
AIK6I-6RIYN-9RRZJ Steam

Thomas Was Alone
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ZaCHC6m8M6b4Vspe

Ludwig
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=xfDwFsUTzfU2tNdc

Ionball 2: Ionstorm
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=861b4a825f6811e4b380d5b34ea21c64

Realms Of The Haunting
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=9f46a3635f6811e4b3da231e4c39ad3a

DUPLICITY ~BEYOND THE LIES~
07V88-4OCCN-TMXUJ-APVTW-X2W8U Desura

CRUNCH TIME!
G8948-CY6LS-5LFWC-OKLV3-3QGGX Desura

Prelogate
G20H0-7KL33-39GCM-MV1CC-UPTV3 Desura

I took those. Thanks!

Not entirely fair, but still amusing:

dd79c1891c.jpg

Not entirely fair, but still amusing:

dd79c1891c.jpg
why is it not fair? Early Access developers can F**** gamers in the a** and they still line up, bend over and give the developers money. If we don't encourage this type of behavior, it would never spread widely. Hell, even a reputable developer (not a fly by 1 man show) like Doublefine did this to gamers.

IGN sent me an offer to restart my Prime membership for $5 for 3 months.  What are my chances of getting three games worth $1.66 each? :whistle2:k

IGN sent me an offer to restart my Prime membership for $5 for 3 months. What are my chances of getting three games worth $1.66 each? :whistle2:k
I got the email and signed up clicking the $5 for 3 months, paid through paypal and BAM got charged $16.28 ($14.95 + tax). Paypal had no "this is how much you're paying" so I assumed it was only $5 and then got the email with full total. Emailed them to see what bull they give me since no refunds.

New Releases

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms(out of early access)- $23.99

Mordheim: City of the Damned(early access)- $31.99

The Marvellous Miss Take- $19.99

Fractured Space(early access)- $7.49

Gems of War- F2P

Rock Zombie- $5.59

Rugby 15- $35.99

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey- $6.39

Death Skid Marks- $8.99

Passing Pineview Forest- Free

European Ship Simulator(early access)- $14.99

MotoGP 14 Compact- $9.99

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition- $29.99

Disney Infinity 2.0- Marvel Superheroes- $49.99

TOME: Immortal Arena- F2P

Amazing Frog?- $13.49

The Good Life- $7.99

Kinetic Void- $19.99

Inside The Gear- $4.49

Motorama- $16.99

Magical Battle Fiesta- $14.39

Final Rush(out of early access)- $6.69

Now if you'll excuse me I got Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 to play. Later nerds

#ConsoleMasterRace

New Releases

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms(out of early access)- $23.99
Mordheim: City of the Damned(early access)- $31.99
The Marvellous Miss Take- $19.99
Fractured Space(early access)- $7.49
Gems of War- F2P
Rock Zombie- $5.59
Rugby 15- $35.99
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey- $6.39
Death Skid Marks- $8.99
Passing Pineview Forest- Free
European Ship Simulator(early access)- $14.99
MotoGP 14 Compact- $9.99
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Player's Edition- $29.99
Disney Infinity 2.0- Marvel Superheroes- $49.99
TOME: Immortal Arena- F2P
Amazing Frog?- $13.49
The Good Life- $7.99
Kinetic Void- $19.99
Inside The Gear- $4.49
Motorama- $16.99
Magical Battle Fiesta- $14.39
Final Rush(out of early access)- $6.69

Now if you'll excuse me I got Smash Bros and Bayonetta 2 to play. Later nerds

#ConsoleMasterRace
Lol wii u

Someone on Craigslist in my area is selling a Lenovo Y50 Touch Gaming Laptop for $850, willing to negotiate. The specs are:

i7-4700HQ
Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB Maxwell Graphics
1TB+24GB Hybrid HDD+SSD
15.6" Full HD 1080P Touchscreen 
8GB DDR3 RAM
USB 3.0, HDMI, SD Card reader

Psichodelya just got cards. 3 drops, 5 total.

Currently is in the KissMyBundles 4. Pre-order made this a bit better.

Um, quick question. Has anyone used that AMD Gaming Evolved program that's available at Raptr's site? I've heard it can record stuff kinda like how Shadowplay does, but that it works on AMD cards (I have an R9 270x). However the last time I tried to use a Raptr program it messed up my GFWL Arkham Asylum saves beyond repair, so I'm a little bit hesitant to use them again.

So uh, does it work right? I want to try out recording some stuff.

Edit: Well looks like my card doesn't support VCE 2.0. Blah. :|

I forget who was talking about this a few days ago (other than me), but there was some discussion about whether a premium graphics card like a GTX 970 would be bottlenecked by an overclocked Pentium G3258. We didn't seem to be able to agree on whether it would or wouldn't, but the lack of real-world testing seemed to be an issue.

Thankfully, this thread popped on Reddit today: "A Look Into the G3258 4.7ghz + GTX 970 and R9 290 [Benchmarks, Impressions, Mantle]". Very interesting reading. Looks like newer games will indeed hit a bottleneck or even fail to run.

As things stand, I'm still going with the G3258 for my CheapAss budget build, but I'm going to skip the 970 for now. There's a cheap R9 280 on Amazon which will serve me well for a year, by which time I should be able to replace a) the CPU (for a decent i5, Broadwell?) and b) the GPU (maybe a 960). I've come to the conclusion that as my new monitors will be 1080p, a top-line graphics card is probably a waste of money.

:whistle2:k

I've got two Risk of Rain humble gifts that expire on Nov. 25th that need a good home. PM me if you want one!

Gone!

I'm having trouble feeling it in the Pre-Sequel.

BL1 - Mordecai was my guy

BL2 - Zero was my guy

Pre-Sequel - Nisha (showdown)

I had the same problem in BL2 before getting to Zero, I tried all of the other characters, before finally playing Zero. Who just clicked with me and from that moment on... I was *feeling* it... and never looked back.

Currently, this is the build I've chosen:

NISHABUILD_zps17128414.png

Any thoughts, or suggestions?

Cheers!

I'm having trouble feeling it in the Pre-Sequel.

BL1 - Mordecai was my guy

BL2 - Zero was my guy

Pre-Sequel - Nisha (showdown)

I had the same problem in BL2 before getting to Zero, I tried all of the other characters, before finally playing Zero. Who just clicked with me and from that moment on... I was *feeling* it... and never looked back.
@Fore

Hmmm - maybe too many Borderlands games/DLC's/content played too much + released too fast?

Thanks for the comments.

@Fore

Hmmm - maybe too many Borderlands games/DLC's/content played too much + released too fast?
No it's not that... I played BL2 for hours with different characters before things just clicked with Zero.

Wait for Aurelia. She has a dedicated sniping tree/sniping skills. That is unless you played Mordecai/Zer0 with pistol builds.
Hmm, I will check her out when she becomes available... but I'm not goona sit around and wait :whistle2:D

My tree with zero was most definitely sniping, then pistols. ...that's why I'm playing Nisha. ...perhaps I should level Riflewoman first?

Hmm, I will check her out when she becomes available... but I'm not goona sit around and wait :whistle2:D
My tree with zero was most definitely sniping, then pistols. ...that's why I'm playing Nisha. ...perhaps I should level Riflewoman first?
Yeah, unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a Mordecai/Zer0 analogous currently. Nisha's Riflewoman tree seems more geared for hip fire/run and gun style of play as opposed to a critical type build.

Yeah, I saw this and clicked the link...and they have $20 Steam cards for $20, $50 for $50, $100 for $100. Wooo, what a deal!!!
This works, though.

Say you want to add $20 to your Steam wallet but you're afraid you'll get locked out of the market for using PayPal (as it randomly happens.) Now you can just buy the card and apply it immediately.

It's good for something, at least.

So looking for a monitor. Anyone know of a good one that isn't going to break the bank? Also do you guys think telltale game of thrones will go cheaper then the 10% off for pre ordering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back