Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to note it's not my YouTube channel.  Merely one of the few I've seen do the games without moronic commentary and/or heavy mic breathing.

I said last time Shadowrun Returns was in an overpriced bundle-tier that I might as well buy it next time it hits 75% off. And now it's 80% off and I'm still not sure if I want it!
If you're gonna play it soon, and you're not susceptible to bundle-regret, $2.99 seems like a great price.

How do I add a YouTube Let's Play to my steam count?
Same way you get the achievements.

Agreed. I had never even heard of the Fables comics until Telltale announced TWAU. After playing it I have to say I really, really enjoyed it. Well worth the purchase.

I'm never going to waste money on any Borderlands game again. TFTB was an instant pass the second I heard about it.
Oof. Telltale needs to invest in better writers. Both TWAU and TWD are so much less enjoyable if you're familiar with the source material.

If you're gonna play it soon, and you're not susceptible to bundle-regret, $2.99 seems like a great price.

Same way you get the achievements.

Oof. Telltale needs to invest in better writers. Both TWAU and TWD are so much less enjoyable if you're familiar with the source material.
I actually enjoyed both of the seasons of TWD and I'm not hugely familiar with the source material. Whoever they had writing that was clearly not involved with Tales from the Borderplands as I got bored of that after about ten minutes.

I actually enjoyed both of the seasons of TWD and I'm not hugely familiar with the source material. Whoever they had writing that was clearly not involved with Tales from the Borderplands as I got bored of that after about ten minutes.
I haven't fakeybro'ed it yet, but it's getting excellent reviews so far. I'm fairly skeptical since I consider Borderlands' writing acceptable for the framework of a shooter/looter, but not for an adventure game.

Excellent reviews = paid off 'professional journalists' and derpy fans with bad taste.  The video of episode one is up above if anyone is curious.  I didn't find it particularly funny or entertaining.  Only redeeming part is the female lead is voiced by schmexy-voiced Laura Bailey aka Jaina Proudmore.

I said last time Shadowrun Returns was in an overpriced bundle-tier that I might as well buy it next time it hits 75% off. And now it's 80% off and I'm still not sure if I want it!
Official RPG Codex opinion is that you should skip the base Shadowrun and just get Dragonfall. Also you should all follow the glorious Codex Curator so that we may unseat the YouTube channel hipsters. Angry Joe has already gone down in flames.
While Dragonfall is definitely the better of the two campaigns I thought both were excellent (and both are of reasonably short length), so you might as well play the first one now to tide you over until Dragonfall DC gets cheaper.

The inevitability of change is sometimes a total bummer. Valve apparently doesn't want informed consumers, just blind sheep.

:nottalking:
I don't think that has anything to do with it. Bulk API look-ups are probably fairly taxing on Valve's end, and limiting the amount of free API calls allowed to what's reasonable for a personal application is pretty standard. Maybe they'll quietly announce a dev API license with a very high/unlimited call threshold that can be bought for sites like isthereanydeal.

Excellent reviews = paid off 'professional journalists' and derpy fans with bad taste.
God you are such a derp, Mooby.

All that talk about people using vpns to buy stuff themselves and risk their accounts, you know there is a perfectly fine steam trading section in the trade thread of this site that you can use, and NOT get your account in trouble?

A couple years ago the Microsoft store had some wacky deals on games like Diablo 3 for $10 (lowest I've ever seen it) and Skyrim for $10 (this was before it was hitting that on Steam).  The current selection isn't that great but there are some titles that for some reason don't show up here -- if you search you'll find the latest WoW expansion, Diablo 3 expansion, and various other titles.  Their sale starts... well... when that countdown on the top of the page ends.

All that talk about people using vpns to buy stuff themselves and risk their accounts, you know there is a perfectly fine steam trading section in the trade thread of this site that you can use, and NOT get your account in trouble?
Really? ONE person asked for a simple bit of advice and the only advice that was given to him was NOT to do it. Get over it. The trading area is hardly a place for discussion either and this thread is largely used for discussion/info sharing.

A couple years ago the Microsoft store had some wacky deals on games like Diablo 3 for $10 (lowest I've ever seen it) and Skyrim for $10 (this was before it was hitting that on Steam). The current selection isn't that great but there are some titles that for some reason don't show up here -- if you search you'll find the latest WoW expansion, Diablo 3 expansion, and various other titles. Their sale starts... well... when that countdown on the top of the page ends.
I managed to get Skyrim during that sale, turned out to be a great purchase until I got in on the Bathesda pack price glitch!

I managed to get Skyrim during that sale, turned out to be a great purchase until I got in on the Bathesda pack price glitch!
In hindsight I probably should have grabbed D3, too. Although... given how it's taken awhile to get the 'Jay Wilson' out of it maybe it was for the best.

I felt like testing the new trade rules first hand and also unloading some TF2 keys. Turns out trading keys to a reputable seller and having them later gift a game to you is still relatively easy. I used TF2 Outpost since that was the cheapest I could find a trader offering the Vanishing of Ethan Carter for 3 keys (You can thank me later when it's in a Humble Bundle).

According to the rules I can gift this game in my inventory to anyone at any time without worrying about a 30 day restriction. I just can't trade the newly acquired game in a Steam trade for 30 days. So it's really much ado about nothing as I see it.

The only issue going forward will be region locking on new titles. Bah humbug.

I don't think that has anything to do with it. Bulk API look-ups are probably fairly taxing on Valve's end, and limiting the amount of free API calls allowed to what's reasonable for a personal application is pretty standard. Maybe they'll quietly announce a dev API license with a very high/unlimited call threshold that can be bought for sites like isthereanydeal.

God you are such a derp, Mooby.
I agree with what you're saying. I'm also fairly certain that's why Valve made the changes and I remain optimistic a resolution will come about shortly (...hopefully). It'd just be a shame if places like isthereanydeal and enhanced steam couldn't function like we've become accustomed to over the years.

Official RPG Codex opinion is that you should skip the base Shadowrun and just get Dragonfall. Also you should all follow the glorious Codex Curator so that we may unseat the YouTube channel hipsters. Angry Joe has already gone down in flames.
Both are great but the first is very linear. Your decisions don't impact much. Dragonfall is much more branching and has loads of interface improvements too.

For 2.99 though, buying the first is a no brainer if you will play it soon. For backlog, wait for the cheap bundle.

Really? ONE person asked for a simple bit of advice and the only advice that was given to him was NOT to do it. Get over it. The trading area is hardly a place for discussion either and this thread is largely used for discussion/info sharing.
Overreact to an overreaction and the whole world... gets kind of shouty, I guess?

I wasn't really prepared to finish that sentence when I started it.

My Charity Live Stream is this Saturday (Nov 29) starting at 11:30am GMT and will go on for 12+ hours.

Stream link: http://twitch.tv/whosgamingnow

Donation link: http://www.justgiving.com/nerds

Donators will have more chances to win. We'll be announcing some free games and a few nice surprises too.

Prizes (with more TBA):

Abyss Odyssey
Bleed
Boid
Calibre 10 Racing
Chariot
Crawl
DieselStormers
Gauntlet DLC
Gun Monkeys
Instant Dungeon
King Arthur's Gold
Kngiht Squad
Marvel Puzzle Quest: Avengers Battle Kit DLC
Marvellous Miss Take
MASSIVE CHALICE
Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna)
Pivvot
Pixel Piracy
Project Nimbus
RIP - Early Access
Robotex
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
SpeedRunners
Super Time Ultra Force
Ubisoft Games
Warlock 2: The Exiled
Watch_Dogs
Wickland
Towerfall Ascension
WGN Flying Bundle

All that McPixel hate... :whistle2:(

I think it's a better game than a lot of the stuff that goes through Greenlight: it plays well, isn't buggy/incomplete, and I thought that it was funny (and yes, I do understand that this is subjective.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back