Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope the Holiday sale isn't this lackluster.  Seems like the only thing I might pick up is Russian priced Prison Architect alpha.  Waiting to see if it hits a daily but probably not since it's already 66% off.

Was considering SH homecoming, but no, so many bad reviews (I never played a SH game... OK, never played any MG game too xD).
SH5 isn't that bad. At release it was probably the worst of the series, but there have been others since 5 that I'd say are worse. Given its penchant for lack of decent sales, I'd say $4 is worth the risk. I'd say it's also easier to get into SH5 as opposed to the others as the older games, while better, have some really clunky controls.

Wow. Samsung deal with Farcry4 that's smoking. ...especially since I would have waited until FC4 is 75% off before getting it. 

Hope the Holiday sale isn't this lackluster.
Of course you don't, it would be tragic if you didn't have to hear yourself whine about how shitty a deal is and then post about your despair across a half dozen internet forums in 20-30 threads. Also, I'd miss the pleasure of hearing you agonizing about spending $1.32 for something that might be in a bundle in 4 years time.

Of course you don't, it would be tragic if you didn't have to hear yourself whine about how shitty a deal is and then post about your despair across a half dozen internet forums in 20-30 threads. Also, I'd miss the pleasure of hearing you agonizing about spending $1.32 for something that might be in a bundle in 4 years time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpE0ZY8FODk

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="12278310" timestamp="1417127837"]SH5 isn't that bad. At release it was probably the worst of the series, but there have been others since 5 that I'd say are worse. Given its penchant for lack of decent sales, I'd say $4 is worth the risk. I'd say it's also easier to get into SH5 as opposed to the others as the older games, while better, have some really clunky controls.[/quote]
Is just that I don't want to buy THAT many games. That's why I was asking about KiD and MGR ports and gameplay, if I don't get any of those, I may get SH5

SH5 isn't that bad. At release it was probably the worst of the series, but there have been others since 5 that I'd say are worse. Given its penchant for lack of decent sales, I'd say $4 is worth the risk. I'd say it's also easier to get into SH5 as opposed to the others as the older games, while better, have some really clunky controls.
neuro neeeeeeeeed his ummmmmmmmm turkeyballs

2 is bundled with DLC? I must be blind cause I'm not seeing that.
It's regional thoing, Europe (expect RU/CIS) / AUS bundle.

There is no base game available at all.

Rk8LTsV.png

I'm about to buy SR4 season pass, Metal gear solid revengeance, killer is dead and maybe mk complete from there. About $11 total. Was considering SH homecoming, but no, so many bad reviews (I never played a SH game... OK, never played any MG game too xD).
Killer is Dead is region locked from Nuuvem, FYI.

So is AmazonJosh or AmazonAnyone posting anywhere on the internet?  I guess they just gave up on promoting their PC download store?  Gone are the days of $0.20 Darksider DLC for coupons.

whoa Castlevania Lord of Shadows is that cheap for the two of them!??!?!  I have the first one which I never finished.  I am wondering if I should just keep stick with the 360 versions just to play it on the big screen or does the PC versions look better?

Waiting for the Plague Inc to go under 10 dollars...was addictive on the phone...

So what's the deal with Dead Space 3 not on steam?

I am wondering if I should just keep stick with the 360 versions just to play it on the big screen
Because you totally can't play PC games on a big screen.

BTW, I thought SR4 SP was the complete DLC... it is not. Glad I didn't bought it.

Now to see if MGR is worth buying
SP is all you really need. Though, sounds like you might want to get the Game of the Century Upgrade Pack which has 98.3% of all the DLC. (I did end up picking up MGR, though. Only played one other MG game and couldn't get into it.)

Because you totally can't play PC games on a big screen.

SP is all you really need. Though, sounds like you might want to get the Game of the Century Upgrade Pack which has 98.3% of all the DLC. (I did end up picking up MGR, though. Only played one other MG game and couldn't get into it.)
Yep... I want the Game of the century upgrade. Is just a bit more (on a decent sale) and a game like SR is really worth of skins and extra weapons, hilarious.

I've never played a Metal gear game... I'm thinking If I will understand it enough to like it

Yep... I want the Game of the century upgrade. Is just a bit more (on a decent sale) and a game like SR is really worth of skins and extra weapons, hilarious.

I've never played a Metal gear game... I'm thinking If I will understand it enough to like it
MGR: R doesn't play like a Metal Gear game at all. Like, really, at all.

It's also so wacky and outside the MGS continuity that you likely don't need to know much about the labyrinthine plot of past games to "understand" it. (Quotation marks used to imply there is no understanding MGR: R)

Revengeance is a goofy Japanese made hack and slash game. Its fun and worth a play.

So is AmazonJosh or AmazonAnyone posting anywhere on the internet? I guess they just gave up on promoting their PC download store? Gone are the days of $0.20 Darksider DLC for coupons.
Not that I'm aware, granted not exactly much to promote at this point either.

Command and Conquer Ultimate Collection for $4.99

AC III for $5.00

BL 2: GOTY for $10

Rome II for $14.99

Lego Marvel Super Heroes for $4.99

Civ V for $7.49 and Civ V: The Complete Edition for $12.49

Hitman: Absolution for $5

That's just what was listed on the front page, showing me 30 some pages of games 70% off, and far too lazy to look through them all.

Full List

Really tempted to fakeCAG This War of Mine, got some free card money to knock it down to $13 ish dollars and doubt it gets discounted more over Winter (considering the newness) but still feels a bit steep =/. Really want to play it.

MGR: R doesn't play like a Metal Gear game at all. Like, really, at all.

It's also so wacky and outside the MGS continuity that you likely don't need to know much about the labyrinthine plot of past games to "understand" it. (Quotation marks used to imply there is no understanding MGR: R)
Revengeance is a goofy Japanese made hack and slash game. Its fun and worth a play.
Thanks! Bought. 25Gb!!!! OMG!

Been a while since I even checked CAG as I've been too damn broke to even worry about being a CAG. Nice to be back even if I'm still too broke to be checking this but anyways...

Newegg thread is pretty dead and I'm guessing most people own these already but this CIV:IV Complete and CIV:V Complete digital combo for 14.99 seems pretty good. They also have a 15% off promo code, "BFDGAME15", that should bring this down to $11.25.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832205177

Fry's will have the Logitech G27 (Wheel/pedals/shifter) for $150 tomorrow.  (All time low, usually only hits ~$200 on sale.)  It's the best racing wheel this side of Fanatec ($$$). Details on SD.

I don't remember how you check which DLC you already have on Steam. Anybody?
Right click on the game in your library and hit properties. Last tab should be dlc. Also steam should update what you have with a little green rectangle next to the dlc if you own it on the store page.

Right click on the game in your library and hit properties. Last tab should be dlc. Also steam should update what you have with a little green rectangle next to the dlc if you own it on the store page.
That's kinda what I thought, but when I tried that with Vanguard Princess, it didn't have a DLC tab. 'sweird.

LOL @ Shadow of Mordor being only 33% off MSRP for $33.49. :rofl:

Amazon is selling a physical copy for $19.99. Even the console versions can be had for cheaper at the moment. Sad.
If that (Shadow of Mordor) was around $10 or so (like Wolf TNO + TEW was), I'd be all over that... ;)

So this game is the reason to build a powerful pc, right?

Also, Killer is Dead kinda sucks and its 30fps locked too, i think. Has nothing to do with Killer7 besides the graphics. MGR is awesome, closest thing to a Bayonetta game you pc fools are gonna get.

I played the first Metal gear on the NES before some of you were born.  And I'm guessing that's probably the only one worth playing.

Looks like Square-Enix's site has Final Fantasy XIII (digital download) for $6.40. I'd imagine it's the Steam version, since I don't know of any other way to get it on PC right now, but I could be completely and totally wrong!

It's only $19.99 MSRP, so it's not like it's a great deal, but if you've been frothing at the mouth for it, this is the cheapest it's ever been by quite a bit.
I bought it very early this morning.

$6.80, after tax.

60 GB download or so.

EDIT:

Considering I was waiting for 50% off on this one, I jumped on it for 60% off. Yes, it will go lower. Probably before too long. But with that HD update right around the corner, they might try to stretch it out for a while before they go 66% or 75% off.

And yes, it's a steam key. Showed up in my profile immediately.
DIdn't get mine, off the bat.

I got the order # ASAP, though.

Searched for order # and that got me the Steam key instantly.

Later, got e-mail w/ all the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back