Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to unload some scraps, again.

Requirements:

• 300 post minimum if you want to party.
  • Quote with only the game(s) you would like. You may ask for multiples, but please, think of the children.
    Direct PM will likely be ignored.
  • Quoting my entire post will definitely be ignored.

*Warning*

• I still haven't been keeping my DB as tidy as I like. Just reply to my initial PM if a key/link I give you is borked.
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack
I'd love the Rome 2 DLC if possible - just got the game and not sure if/when I'll pick up the dlc!

Time to unload some scraps, again.
Requirements:

• 300 post minimum if you want to party.
  • Quote with only the game(s) you would like. You may ask for multiples, but please, think of the children.
    Direct PM will likely be ignored.
  • Quoting my entire post will definitely be ignored.

*Warning*

• I still haven't been keeping my DB as tidy as I like. Just reply to my initial PM if a key/link I give you is borked.
[Steam]
Realms of The Haunting
Can I have that Realms of the Haunting game?
Appreciate the giveaway.

And thanks!

Shadow of Mordor Season Pass is $11 from Nuuvem and I'm tempted to buy it despite not owning the base game yet just because I know how well Steam discounts SP/DLCs down the line.  Is that messed up?  I feel as though it's a little messed up.

Shadow of Mordor Season Pass is $11 from Nuuvem and I'm tempted to buy it despite not owning the base game yet just because I know how well Steam discounts SP/DLCs down the line. Is that messed up? I feel as though it's a little messed up.
WB has been good about discounting their season passes and dlc....I wouldnt worry about it

You using Paypal at Nuuvem?

The theme of the sale is one of discoverability, or..."find our sale." I believe we are all still looking for it.
Valve made me look for the sale... and I found it at Nuuvem!

I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us, Metal Gear Rising, Castlevania LoS 1 & MoF HD there yesterday with paypal (using my credit card through paypal).

Also, debating buying The Banner Saga. Hmm.

Leaning toward waiting...it's been bundled before.
You could pick up the Android version for 499 coins ($5) on Amazon atm. Free if you're a proper CAG and sitting on a big pile of Amazon Coins (Thanks Tony!)

Ooh, Amazon has Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack (Series 1-5) (Steam) for $6 in case you missed it in late May (at it's all-time low of $6).

XI5Vuek.jpg

Yeah, why would anyone not use paypal at Nuuvem?
I dunno... I'm a lazy deal hunter. Lots of hoops make me feel like I'm buying console games.

Okay, so I signed up at Nuuvem -- which was pretty painless as my Spanish reading skills are passable -- and bought MK:KE no problems. I sort of always assumed it was like Amazon where you have to pretend you're from the country of origin to make a purchase.

Crisis averted -- Steam sale bypassed -- deal achieved.

Ooh, Amazon has Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack (Series 1-5) (Steam) for $6 in case you missed it in late May (at it's all-time low of $6).

XI5Vuek.jpg
Not bad, but it's unfortunately missing the Sonic and Toe Jam & Earl games. But if you picked up the Sonic pack during the glitch you already have the Sonic stuff.

I dunno... I'm a lazy deal hunter. Lots of hoops make me feel like I'm buying console games.

Okay, so I signed up at Nuuvem -- which was pretty painless as my Spanish reading skills are passable -- and bought MK:KE no problems. I sort of always assumed it was like Amazon where you have to pretend you're from the country of origin to make a purchase.

Crisis averted -- Steam sale bypassed -- deal achieved.
... that's Portuguese, pendejo. :p

... that's Portuguese, pendejo. :p
Yeah, I know, but my knowledge of Spanish (and a little Latin!) made it fairly easy to understand. All the romance languages have commonalities that make it pretty easy to navigate through familiar environments (and a little Google translate fills in the blanks).

Aaaanyway. It wasn't as a big of a pain in the ass as I was afraid it might be. 341 Metro 2033's saved.

One of the "explore to find" 48 hour sales, Endless Space is 80% off for 48 (well now 38) hours, makes it $5.99, $6.99 for the complete or whatever they call it version. 

Assume it's due to Endless Legend being on sale, but that's 50%, and there is no mention elsewhere that Endless Space (that I could find) is on sale.

One of the "explore to find" 48 hour sales, Endless Space is 80% off for 48 (well now 38) hours, makes it $5.99, $6.99 for the complete or whatever they call it version.

Assume it's due to Endless Legend being on sale, but that's 50%, and there is no mention elsewhere that Endless Space (that I could find) is on sale.
Dungeon of the Endless is also on a 48 hours sale -- $6.50.

So anybody still have IGN Prime even though they said they were gonna cancel everyone's membership that still had it with a glitch for free?  I still have it, still haven't been charged, and there are no payment methods on my account.  They are still giving me free games and other stuff.

PM me if you want free Guacemelee! Gold Edition and/or Steam beta key for some game called Brawlhalla.

Edit:  Brawlhalla looks like some Smash Bros. clone.  It has 4 player local/online play.

PM me if you want free Guacemelee! Gold Edition and/or Steam beta key for some game called Brawlhalla.

Edit: Brawlhalla looks like some Smash Bros. clone. It has 4 player local/online play.
I'd love to check out Brawlhalla. I'll send you a pm.

Edit: Thanks a bunch!

Anyway, on a different subject. I'm gonna pull an all-nighter to see if there are any decent deals left for black friday. What movie should I watch? The choices are:
The Guns Of Navarone
Ice Station Zebra
Where Eagles Dare
Glitter
I thought Where Eagles Dare was a snoozer, but that's probably a result of watching too many derivative films. The book was better too. The Day of Defeat maps it inspired were pretty cool though.
This is the most likely explanation. Where Eagles Dare is one of my favorite movies. I used to love watching it on cable when the weather turned chilly. I don't rewatch it much anymore because the missus isn't a big fan, but I love the story, which keeps you guessing about who's really on whose side, the acting (Eastwood and Burton are great), and the cinematography.

The beginning of Return to Castle Wolfenstein was a shameless ripoff of Where Eagles Dare and the game was the better for it.

I saw Monsters last night, by the same guy who did the most recent Godzilla, and it was way better than that AND Cloverfield (which I liked in spite of its stupidity).
Hm. I loathe found-footage films and Cloverfield was just awful. I probably would have liked the new Godzilla but it was so g*&^!n dark, I couldn't see what was going on most of the time. It could have just been my TV, but I have a feeling they made the movie excessively dark (and chose to set most of the action at night) on purpose.

This sale really does suck. Not even a theme.
I think the theme goes something like this:

Hey, Valve here, how do you like look of the new application (aka "Discovery Update")? Yeah, we know we're kinda phoning it in on this one, but we promise the winter sale will be better? <insert internet troll meme here>

Anyone interested in splitting a Banner Saga 4 pack? Or have an extra from a 4 pack?

Been eyeing it for a while, figured I'd like to split with others if possible.

Anyone have a large hard drive they would recommend?  Thinking of 2 to 4 TB.   Fast is important of course I'd like something reliable.  So many reviews these days across the board give me pause.  

GMG Orange Saturday Sale

Orange Saturday VIP deals (Can't use voucher)

Game                                                           Reg/Sale Price      VIP

Price Remember Me                                        $7.49                $5.93

Alien: Isolation                                                $24.99              $19.99

Tomb Raider GOTY                                          $7.49                $5.93

Pillars of Eternity (Pre-order)                           $59.99           $47.99

Civilization: Beyond Earth                                $49.99            $36.49

Batman Arkham Origins                                    $4.99                 $3.99

The Evil Within                                                $29.99              $25.00

XCOM: Enemy Within                                       $7.49                $5.76

Civilization V Complete                                   $12.49                $9.62

Batman Blackgate                                             $4.99                $3.99

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance                     $14.99              $12.00

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition $11.99             $9.59

Valkyria Chronicles                                            $19.99            $15.59

Total War: Atilla (Pre-order)                               $44.99            $35.99

Blackguards 2 (Pre-order)                                 $29.99             $23.99

I really had a blast with Alien Isolation.

There's a good listing of the Nuuvem sale over at reddit with prices converted to USD.  Copy-pasta'd.  Prices may vary by a few cents, due to currency fluctuation (i.e. paypal conversion rates).

Day 4 extra deals

previous deals still going

Mars War Logs is a Brazilian version, though. The only difference is that it has a Brazilian Portuguese language option - the rest of the game should be the same according to SteamDB.

Anyone get e-mails from Fry's?

Steam Gift Card on sale.

In store deal only w/ the promo code in the e-mail.

You pay $85 for a Steam Gift Card worth $100.

Limit 1 per customer.

When I try and add alien isolation to the nuuvem cart nothing shows up? Does this happen to anyone else? Other games work fine.
I've seen mention of this happening sometimes among the Euro-reddit crowd. Some folks have to use a VPN (hola) to add stuff to their cart then they disable it before checking out. I've never ran into this myself.

When I try and add alien isolation to the nuuvem cart nothing shows up? Does this happen to anyone else? Other games work fine.
Looks like a region restriction on purchasing it outside of South America. Reddit comments indicate some purchased the key using a VPN and that the key is ROW, so it should activate fine.

Anyone get e-mails from Fry's?

In store deal w/ the promo code = $85 for a Steam Gift Card worth $100.

Limit 1 per customer.
Hmm thanks. I send them all to a spam email account in case I see something good mentioned. Is it in-store only? (I'm looking into it right now)

Edit: In-store only.

Not tempting for me enough to bother going to frys today. Limited quantities, fyi. Item isn't on their website.

box-19.jpg

Huh. The Steam Market isn't letting me buy any cards, it says I have to wait for my previous action to complete.

That was five minutes ago...

I've seen mention of this happening sometimes among the Euro-reddit crowd. Some folks have to use a VPN (hola) to add stuff to their cart then they disable it before checking out. I've never ran into this myself.
Never bought from Nuvvum before.

Since it's in R$, are there conversion fees for buying from them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back