Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
My $.02

The pass is a crap deal. They've shown they are willing to drastically slash the DLC and all but the newest one are 80% off. If you just buy the Frostmarch and the Reaper expansions it's $1.98. You can always get the Dungeon one on a future sale when it goes 80% off.

I'm not sure on the character or deck packs. It seems like Magic where it makes your head hurt to try to figure out what is an unlock (cheat) and what's actual content. But even if you get all of those and just skip the Dungeon DLC (since it's only 50% off) that's still $5.49 which is WAY cheaper than buying the season pass.

If you absolutely must have the season pass or it will make you explode, Greenman has the Gold edition with the Season pass for $20 plus you can use a voucher. ITAD is reporting there's a 25% off one right now. *Edit: Just tried it at GMG with the voucher 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG and it does bring it down to $15.00.

TL;DR - Don't buy the god damned season pass on Steam!
The season pass is on sale by itself for $14.99 and would be $11.25 with the voucher. It looks like there are at least 6 more yet to be released expansions which are included in the season pass. This is swaying me towards buying the season pass so I don't have to wait for 80% sales since it should be about the same price in the end.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/indie/talisman-digital-edition-season-pass/#item-s3

Seeing that Christmas is almost here, I know a few of my Steam friends already received gifts from me but it is time to see if anyone wants some games. Let's start with the letter A and work our way from there.

Do not PM me asking for games.

I'm sure I probably have enough games for everyone. I will stop giving games away if people start messaging me.

I'll do this is bunches and I'll message you. Just respond saying you would like one of the games listed and I will take care of the rest.

B

Bad Rats Deluxe HD Edition

D

Dragon Age: Inquisition

N

4 GB VRAM NVidia GeForce 970
I'll take all of that - and thanks. ;)

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
You'd better post the link to the new thread soon. I already PM'd Cheapy to have this old, defunct, sale-less deal-thread-come-social-playground thread locked.

This is no better than the old Amazon threads that angry non-contributing CAGs like <glare> got shutdown.

The season pass is on sale by itself for $14.99 and would be $11.25 with the voucher. It looks like there are at least 6 more yet to be released expansions which are included in the season pass. This is swaying me towards buying the season pass so I don't have to wait for 80% sales since it should be about the same price in the end.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/indie/talisman-digital-edition-season-pass/#item-s3
Ah, I didn't even notice that because ITAD didn't give price history for it on the Steam page for the base (due to it being DLC) and I didn't think to click through the its own page. Or you know just do the obvious and search for the season pass by itself on GMG. Good catch.

I'm still not sure I will go for it even at $11 because who knows how many more DLC they will bother to release, plus I'm still not entirely clear if the character and deck stuff are just unlocks or what. If so then I only really care about the expansions, just like with Magic and those are dirt cheap right now save the most recent one.

I grabbed this season pass and it ended up giving me an extra giftable copy of the base game.

You'd better post the link to the new thread soon. I already PM'd Cheapy to have this old, defunct, sale-less deal-thread-come-social-playground thread locked.

This is no better than the old Amazon threads that angry non-contributing CAGs like <glare> got shutdown.
II just wanna know - is Tony or Josh gonna visit this thread? ;)

Still Unclaimed

B

Bad Rats Deluxe HD Edition

D

Dragon Age: Inquisition

N

4 GB VRAM NVidia GeForce 970

Still don't PM me
I'll take all of that - and thanks. ;)
Dude you should totally hold off on Bad Rats Deluxe HD Edition Console N-Former magazine says that they are RE-RELEASING an HHD Version special for the PS4 Downsample to PC. It will be a Criterion Edition. You don't want an inferior PC HD version, when you can have the console HHD11!!11

This Steam sale has been so bad that that looks kind of tempting.

What does the Definitive Edition really add? All (or most) DLC and "HD" textures? I haven't really paid attention to this cash grab release.
See namely Points 4 + 9 in this FAQ on SD versions:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/307690/discussions/0/624076851119361996/

9) Definitive vs "Normal" Edition
- The Definitive Edition is primarily targeted at users new to Sleeping Dogs on PC.
- NOTE: While the standard edition runs on x86 (32 bit) systems, the definitive edition only runs on x64 (64 bit) systems.
- The Definitive version integrates 24 of the 26 DLCs from the Original; The 2 "DLCs containing exp boosts are not included in the Definitive Edition".
- See Point 4 for more DLC related questions.

Ah, I didn't even notice that because ITAD didn't give price history for it on the Steam page for the base (due to it being DLC) and I didn't think to click through the its own page. Or you know just do the obvious and search for the season pass by itself on GMG. Good catch.

I'm still not sure I will go for it even at $11 because who knows how many more DLC they will bother to release, plus I'm still not entirely clear if the character and deck stuff are just unlocks or what. If so then I only really care about the expansions, just like with Magic and those are dirt cheap right now save the most recent one.
I was basing the yet to be released expansions noted on the GMG purchase page so I assume they will be released sometime in the future. Be aware, the expansions are like Payday where only the host requires it and selects what expansions will be used. You however do not get access to those characters from those expansions if you do not own them. There seem to be a lot of characters so I am not sure if that is a big deal or not as I have never played Talisman before.

EDIT: For those that want to complete their Spellforce collection. Demons from the Past is $1.99 on D2D. They really need to fix their search filter so you can view over 100 games. Spellforce Platinum Edition is $0.99 but not Steam.

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-spellforce-2-demons-of-the-past/5007335?price=1

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/download-spellforce-platinum-edition/5003088

This Steam sale has been so bad that that looks kind of tempting.

What does the Definitive Edition really add? All (or most) DLC and "HD" textures? I haven't really paid attention to this cash grab release.
All of the DLC is included, which I think is the main reason to consider buying it. Basically like a GOTY edition. There are some other graphical improvements, and other minor changes like more pedestrians I think, but the DLC would be the main reason. I rented the PS4 version and didn't notice much of a difference over the PS3 version, aside from the higher framerate (irrelevant on PC).

Here's a link to the sale; there are quite a few more games for equal-to-or-better-than-Steam prices: http://www.greenmangaming.com/12-days-festive-deals-encore/ . With the 25% off coupon, there's $7.50 Gauntlet, $3.50 Arkham Origins, $2.81 Bastion, etc.

Buying anything from that list gets you a random Steam key.

Not sure whether the 25% off coupon code is account-locked or a one-time-use thing or whatever, but here's the one they sent me: 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG. Anyone who's ever bought anything from GMG should have the coupon code in their inboxes, though.

All of the DLC is included, which I think is the main reason to consider buying it. Basically like a GOTY edition. There are some other graphical improvements, and other minor changes like more pedestrians I think, but the DLC would be the main reason. I rented the PS4 version and didn't notice much of a difference over the PS3 version, aside from the higher framerate (irrelevant on PC).

Here's a link to the sale; there are quite a few more games for equal-to-or-better-than-Steam prices: http://www.greenmangaming.com/12-days-festive-deals-encore/ . With the 25% off coupon, there's $7.50 Gauntlet, $3.50 Arkham Origins, $2.81 Bastion, etc.

Buying anything from that list gets you a random Steam key.

Not sure whether the 25% off coupon code is account-locked or a one-time-use thing or whatever, but here's the one they sent me: 25HAPP-YXMASF-ROMGMG. Anyone who's ever bought anything from GMG should have the coupon code in their inboxes, though.
Only thing that really sucks about SD: Definitive is we cannot transfer our saves from the original game over to the new Definitive Ed.

I loved Sleeping Dogs (base), but I see no reason to rebuy the "HD Rerelease". (Yes, I snagged at the DLC at 91% off, after playing it.)

Only thing that really sucks about SD: Definitive is we cannot transfer our saves from the original game over to the new Definitive Ed.
pop_up_toaster_crying_out_loud_emoji_102714.jpg

I loved Sleeping Dogs (base), but I see no reason to rebuy the "HD Rerelease". (Yes, I snagged at the DLC at 91% off, after playing it.)

pop_up_toaster_crying_out_loud_emoji_102714.jpg
As someone who doesn't often replay games - I've got 23 hours spent into the original SD base-game; and the main quest already done.

If I buy SD Definitive, I currently really don't feel like restarting the game just to experience some of the other DLC's. I'd like to pick up from where the hell I left off.

Of course, nope - leave it to Square Enix + United Front to screw that up.

EDIT:

I'd love to see how pissed-off people would have been if Dark Souls 1 G4WL version couldn't transfer their saves to Steam version; and Dark Souls 2 gamers would be if From won't allow them to transfer those saves over to that upcoming Dark Souls 2: Remaster.

Still Unclaimed

And Yet It Moves

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite

Capsized

Dear Esther

Draw a Stickman: EPIC

Driftmoon

Electronic Super Joy Groove City

Frozen Synapse

Next group of stuff

Garry's Mod

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams

Guacamelee Gold Edition

KAMI

Little Inferno

Little Inferno

Magicka

One Way Heroics

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack

Still don't PM me
Can I have Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack

Isn't that for the first game?
ASM2_DLCBundle_keyart.jpg

Customize Spider-Man with these six sleek, super-powered suits that offer unique combat bonuses throughout The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game!

Web Threads Suit Pack Includes:

• Super-charged, electric resistant Electro-Proof Suit
  • Anti-Sinister Six armor, Ends of the Earth Suit
  • Cutting-edge design, red and gold Iron Spider Suit
  • Stellar, blue and white Cosmic Spider-Man Suit
  • All-consuming, Venom-like Black Suit
  • Pulp-style Spider-Man Noir Suit
Requires the base game The Amazing Spider-man 2 to activate.

Since its the holidays and you guys have been very generous to me I want to share the love too (even though I only have a few games...)

Brütal Legend
Eets Munchies
GIGANTIC ARMY
Stacking
PixelJunk Shooter
Strife Closed Beta Key
Pixel Hunter
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage
Koya Rift

Please quote with the one you want~
Can I get Brutal Legend?

Since its the holidays and you guys have been very generous to me I want to share the love too (even though I only have a few games...)

Brütal Legend

Eets Munchies

GIGANTIC ARMY

Stacking

PixelJunk Shooter

Strife Closed Beta Key

Pixel Hunter

Koya Rift

Ohhh I'll take Stacking please! Oh you have a Digimon avatar. Sequel coming up o_o Not sure how I feel about it yet because of the new faces but I'm gonna definitely watch it.

Brütal Legend
Eets Munchies
GIGANTIC ARMY
Stacking
Strife Closed Beta Key
Pixel Hunter
Koya Rift

Koya Rift Please?

Brütal Legend

Eets Munchies

GIGANTIC ARMY

Stacking

Strife Closed Beta Key

Pixel Hunter

Koya Rift

Im interested in Pixel Hunter if available. Thank you for the generosity even if its taken :)

Brütal Legend
Eets Munchies
GIGANTIC ARMY
Strife Closed Beta Key
Pixel Hunter

I would like Gigantic Army, thanks

Game Agent has Bioshock Infinite for $6 base or $10 complete. $5 for season pass.

Got to go through your account dashboard for the deal price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back