Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
EU IV DLC collection is ~ $8.72 in Brasil right now.

I'll just shamelessly cut and paste this incredibly helpful post from Reddit.

[–] ralyons

All DLC between Game Launch and September 2014. The Nuuvem page says July but what you actually get on Steam is called "DLC Collection September '14".

The conversion from Reals should be about $8.52 but Paypal charged me $8.72. Nothing to cry about though. I bought this immediately, it's one key for all the DLC.

Here's what you don't get:

• The base game (this is a DLC collection)
  • Art of War Expansion (October 2014)
  • Guns, Drums, and Steel Music Pack (October 2014)
  • Catholic League Unit Pack (October 2014)
  • Evangelical Union Unit Pack (October 2014)
  • Songs of War Music Pack (October 2014)
  • Art of War E-book (October 2014)
  • Anthology of Alternate History (May 2014) [Motoki note: This is an e-book not game DLC]
  • Songs of Yuletide (free from Steam store though)
The Anthology is some kind of alternate history Harry Turtledove thing, I don't know if it's an official part of the game but it is purchaseable DLC. You get everything else (except for one e-book about WoN, though you do get that actual expansion)... just Steam isn't exactly checking off all the "packages" as owned even though you get all the stuff from them:

You technically don't get the "pre-order pack" (Steam will show it as unowned) but you get everything in it... the 100 years war unit pack and the Purple Phoenix xpac (byzantium missions).

You technically don't get the "call to arms pack" (Steam will show it as unowned) but you get everything in it... the Winged Hussars Pack and the National Monuments Pack

You technically don't get the "digital extreme upgrade pack" (Steam will show it as unowned) but you get everything in it... the Stars and Crescents Pack, Horsemen of the Crescent Unit Pack, Conquest of Constantinople Music Pack

__

The art-of-war collection isn't on sale right now, but when it does go on sale... it contains everything this pack doesn't, except for one piece of music, and the alternate history thing.

TL;DR - it includes all DLC released through September 2014.

Don't forget your old pal Shinyloot. While they may still have banners for the Summer Sale and Best of Both Worlds sale from October on the front page, I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that Magicka is currently on sale there.

If you can be bothered to use Chrome even temporarily, there's https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/steam-inventory-helper/cmeakgjggjdlcpncigglobpjbkabhmjl?hl=en

It's hugely helpful and lets you list everything at once. Otherwise you're sitting there for a loooooooong time.
There's a Firefox version of that which I used to list my original 150 cards at the start of the sale.

Boy I miss those prices.

Not that it's hardly even worth tracking anymore, but an insane amount of games got Greenlit today.

Basically, the first 5 1/2 pages at http://greenlightupdates.com/

24 Killers

A.V.

Abomination Tower

Abyss Cave

Admiral NEMO

Adrift

Adventures of DaKoo the Dragon

Afterlife: Lost Paradise

Agapan

Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord

Aika Online

Air Guardians

Among Ripples

antenna

ARKADIANAX (Pc-Mac-Linux)

Armed Heroes

ARMED SEVEN

Armed with Wings: Rearmed

Aspectus: Rinascimento Chronicles

Aviary Attorney

Avner

Battle for Presidency Online

Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope

Believe

Bionite: Origins

Black Neon

Blood Alloy

Bloop

Boon Hill

Box Out!

Brandon Must Die!

Brick Inventions

Build&Battle

Buildanauts

Bunny Bash

But I love you.

Camera Obscura

CARGASM HD

Caribbean Island: A Pirate Adventure

Catch me if you can !

Catyph

Char

Check: Chapter One

Clo

Coated

Combat Air Patrol 2

Conquer Online 2.0 - A Free to Play KungFu MMORPG

Contested Space

Corrosion Cold Winter Waiting

Crashed Lande

Cronix

Crunch Time!

Crystal Towers 2

Cubicle Chimera

Cubot

Cylne

Daily Espada

Dark Forester

Dead Sea

Deadhold

Deadly Profits

Death Goat

Deepworld

Deer Creek Shoot-Out

Defender Story: Episode 1

Deity Quest

Desert Escape

Despair

Devious

Disillusions Manga Horror

Dodo Master

Domestic Dog 飼い犬

Don't Touch The Zombies

Downfall

Dr.Green

Dragun Nimidae

Drone

Duel Of Heroes: Chronicles Of The Lost Planet

Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler!

Dustoff Vietnam

Effing Dead

Elementary My Dear Majesty!

Elements: Soul of Fire

Engauge

Environmental Station Alpha

Eternal Forest

Euphony

Europe in Ruins: Reinforcements

Fallen Temple

Feed the Space

Final Freeway 2R

First Strike HD

Fish vs. Crabs

Flack

Flat Kingdom

Flem

Flight Unlimited Las Vegas

forma.8

Fort Defense

Galactose

Gangs of Space

Gazzel Quest, The Five Magic Stones

Girlish Grimoire Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Acturi

Grand Class Melee 2

Gravit

Gremlin Invasion: Survivor

Greyfox

Guild of Hunters

Hashtag Dungeon

Hatred

Heavy Recoil - Convoy Chaser

Horror Legends: Punkie's Revenge

HueShift

Hunter Gatherer

Hyper Gauntlet: Legacy of Nozzlethruster III

HyperRogue

Hypnosis

Illuminascii

In Exilium

Indie Van Game Jam

InfernoSpeed

Ingonga - A Southern Gothic Horror Mystery in Louisiana

INIT.

Investigator

Irregular Zone

K.O.L.M.

KILLSTORM

Kings of Air and Steam

Kraden's Crypt

Lazors

LeapDriveOnline

Let There Be Life

Loot Hunter

Lootfest

Lost in a Forest

Love Beat

Lucid Awakening 2

Mad Bullets

Mad Games Tycoon

Manyland

Midgard Rising 3D MMORPG

MIFUNE

MikuMikuDance

Mind Dead

Miner Warfare

MiniRacingOnline

Modern Combat

Nature Defenders

Never Ending Night

Nexus : One Core

Night Crisis Project(Tactical Horror Shooter)

Ninja Guy

NOIR

Old Scratch

On A Roll 3D

Ongaku

Orbs CCG, the digital asynchronous collectible card game

Orion Trail

Osy Osmosis

Overdriven

Painters Unite

Pallino d'Oro 2012

Paparazzi

Pixel Blocked!

Pixel Soccer

Pizzarian

Planetary Prospectors: A.R.M. (Asteroid Resource Mining)

Pluck

Plush

Powers of Minus Ten

Pre-Civilization: Marble Age

Private Eye

Project Green Beat

Project: Gorgon

Q-Bitz

Queen At Arms

Questlanders

Quintet

Raiders Sphere 4th

Ralph & Mike

Razenroth

Red Is Undead

Red Lake

Relativity Wars - A Science Space RTS

Revenge of Roger Rouge

Rise of Rage

Rise of the Ravager

Sacra Terra: Angelic Night

Sanctum Polis - Rest Eternal Memory

Satellite Rush

SCHAR: Blue Shield Alliance

Seanuts

Shaban

Shadax JR: Spikes and Spikes

Shadows of War

Shiny

Shogun's Fate

SightLine

Six Sides of the World

Sketch Tales

Sky Avengers

Sky Force Anniversary

Smiles HD

Soccer Legends

Solarnova

Soulbound

SoulSaverOnline

Spartans Vs Zombies Defense

SpellForge

Sphoxie

SpookMash

Station

StaudSoft's Synthetic World

Steam Heroes

Subterrain

Sun Blast

Sunrider Academy

Super Pixalo

Super Rocket Shootout

Super Roman Conquest

SuperBike TT for Oculus VR

Supercharged Robot VULKAISER

Tales of the Adventure Company

Tales of the Dragonland: The tyrant and the thief

Tallowmere

TDP4:Team Battle

Teddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking

Teddy Floppy Ear - Mountain Adventure

Tenshu General

Terra Garta

Tetropolis

The Adventures of Chris

The Clans - Saga of the Twins

The Corridor: On Behalf Of The Dead

The Depths of Tolagal

The Enchanted Cave 2

The Grave Digger

The Great White Destroyer

The Last Sunshine

THE MERIDIAN SHARD

The Protocol

The Quantum Principle

The Rainy Port Keelung-雨港基隆

The Tiny Tale 2

The Treasures of Montezuma 3

There was a Caveman

Through the Woods

TIMEframe

Tiny Light

Tomb of Tyrants

Tower Dwellers

Trigger Runners

Ultimate Space Commando

UNCOLOURED

Undeadz!

Unhack

Unnatural Selection: Eat the Future

Upsy Down - Demo Available

Vantage: Prehistoric Simulation MMO

VITAL

Vol'Talkes - The AI War

Waffles (And Then Some)

Warp Derby

Wetware

Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune

Wizard Chess

WolfWars

World of Cinema - a independent Movie Game

Xatrium

Xenolith

You Are Not A Banana: Chapter 1

At this rate I really have to question what the hell is the point of Greenlight anymore.
Awwww yeah, Fish vs Crabs, bitches!

ZV7yeyS.jpg

This indie banana existentialism is 2deep4me

Anyone have thoughts on Shadowgate? I want to pick it up, but am nervous about it getting bundled before I get around to playing it.  I guess what I'm asking is, chances of it being bundled within six months?

Also, what happened to the Don't Starve 2-pack? I would have gotten in on that, but as it is, I think I can wait.

Anyone have thoughts on Shadowgate? I want to pick it up, but am nervous about it getting bundled before I get around to playing it. I guess what I'm asking is, chances of it being bundled within six months?
If you don't expect to get to it in the next six months, then wait. It's not like this is going to be the last time it's ever on sale.

so i keep hearing that Activision games rarely go on sale and whenever there's an Activision sale, ppl jump on it like the 2nd coming of Christ.  What's up with that?

isn't it just false perception though b/c i keep seeing CoD go on sale on the time (not 75% but they are quite common)

Anyone have thoughts on Shadowgate? I want to pick it up, but am nervous about it getting bundled before I get around to playing it. I guess what I'm asking is, chances of it being bundled within six months?
I haven't had a chance to get too far in the game (was a Kickstarter backer), but since Shadowgate came out sales haven't seemed to be very good. It's a shame because the devs did a genuinely great job with the game from what I can tell and others have said, considering their budget and whatnot.

If I had to guess it will probably be bundled within 6 months (already on Humble store), as the discounts have dropped rapidly since release a few months ago. If you're a fan of the original (or just looking for a good point and click game with some puzzles and challenge) I'd highly recommend buying Shadowgate. If you make the purchase, play through the game within the next month so you don't feel too badly if it gets bundled. It will be money or Gabenbux well spent. :)

/shill post

This made me think about the variables in my buyer's remorse equation. $5 and 6 months is still outside of it, even with backlogged=1.

Altho this still stings (Mass Effect 1, 11/7/2009, unplayed)

54920c8ec9.jpg

dat green theme!

To answer the question, I think it's got a good shot of being bundled in that time frame, but I have nothing to support that beyond my gut.

so i keep hearing that Activision games rarely go on sale and whenever there's an Activision sale, ppl jump on it like the 2nd coming of Christ. What's up with that?

isn't it just false perception though b/c i keep seeing CoD go on sale on the time (not 75% but they are quite common)
I guess they mean good sales...like more than 25% off. Activision titles go on sale as often as any other, i think, but they rarely get worthwhile discounts.

I could be wrong, though. I don't have any interest in any Activision titles, so I don't follow the sales closely. The only one I have is Vampire The Masquerade and I don't anticipate getting any others.

I haven't had a chance to get too far in the game (was a Kickstarter backer), but since Shadowgate came out sales haven't seemed to be very good. It's a shame because the devs did a genuinely great job with the game from what I can tell and others have said, considering their budget and whatnot.

If I had to guess it will probably be bundled within 6 months (already on Humble store), as the discounts have dropped rapidly since release a few months ago. If you're a fan of the original (or just looking for a good point and click game with some puzzles and challenge) I'd highly recommend buying Shadowgate. If you make the purchase, play through the game within the next month so you don't feel too badly if it gets bundled. It will be money or Gabenbux well spent. :)

/shill post
Thanks, everyone, for the input. I actually never played the original, but this remake sounds like exactly the kind of project I'd like to support. Unfortunately I have probably 50 point and click adventures I could potentially be playing before getting around to this one, and at least a dozen near the top of my backlog, so I think you all have convinced me to do the proper CAG thing and wait. Time to head to bed and then see what the new 12 hour flash deals are in the morning.

Some recent games I've played --

Metal Gear Raiden:

Man, this game is fucking nuts. Trying to get the hang of parrys before I get too far in the game.

Dungeons: The Eye of Draconus:

... this game... sucks. It's not bad in the visual and gag department but something about it just doesn't feel right. The gameplay, mostly, there's no... oomph to the attacks. Which is a shame because I'm digging the music, art, and humor. :(

Thanks, everyone, for the input. I actually never played the original, but this remake sounds like exactly the kind of project I'd like to support. Unfortunately I have probably 50 point and click adventures I could potentially be playing before getting around to this one, and at least a dozen near the top of my backlog, so I think you all have convinced me to do the proper CAG thing and wait. Time to head to bed and then see what the new 12 hour flash deals are in the morning.
Ugh, I have so many point and clicks to play. It's not my favorite genre, but many of my favorite games growing up were point and clicks, because I grew up in their heyday, so nostalgia gets the better of me when I go to buy them. It's hard to get into the point and click mindset anymore...I never realized growing up how ridiculous point/click "logic" can be.

so i keep hearing that Activision games rarely go on sale and whenever there's an Activision sale, ppl jump on it like the 2nd coming of Christ. What's up with that?

Well they don't bundle ever (yet; though seem unlikely to) and while 75% off is *yawn* for everyone else, it's hot shit for them.

I think the biggest thing though is they tend to let their licenses expire and the games go away. Forever. There's really no warning when this will happen either.

Obviously that's not and issue for their regular stuff like Call of Duty and I have no ideas about sales on that because I don't pay any attention to army shooters that a kajillion people love, but the comic book and TV and movie stuff all will likely go away sooner or later because Activision can't be arsed to keep paying for the licenses.

That doesn't mean I'm going to go out and buy Duck Dynasty, but I did make sure and grab the Spiderman games and I got Family Guy, Ice Age and Deadpool before they went away.

Blizzard is just isn't own thing and they can charge more because, but some of the pricing on some of the other Activision titles makes no damned sense. Like would it kill them to have anything close to a decent sale for those old ass King's Quest games?

Ugh, I have so many point and clicks to play. It's not my favorite genre, but many of my favorite games growing up were point and clicks, because I grew up in their heyday, so nostalgia gets the better of me when I go to buy them. It's hard to get into the point and click mindset anymore...I never realized growing up how ridiculous point/click "logic" can be.
That's like me and platformers. I keep buying them because I remember liking them at one point. Well that and bundles love to shitsplosion them out constantly because lazy unimaginative indies mass produce them. But then I play them and I realize they suck.

That's like me and platformers. I keep buying them because I remember liking them at one point. Well that and bundles love to shitsplosion them out constantly because lazy unimaginative indies mass produce them. But then I play them and I realize they suck.
I like platformers if they're done well (I think Meat Boy is good, Rayman Legends is one of the best games I played this year, etc) but it's not my favorite genre.

I do really like the term "shitsplosion" though.

New "flash" sales.  Stay away from Magic 2015 if you're tempted.  It's pretty much sucks and you'd be far better off getting Magic 2014 Gold (but not Gold Complete).

New "flash" sales. Stay away from Magic 2015 if you're tempted. It's pretty much sucks and you'd be far better off getting Magic 2014 Gold (but not Gold Complete).
Would you mind elaborating? I was sorta considering adding one of the Magic games to my wishlist to grab later on when it gets a bigger discount and I'm completely clueless as to which one is best. Why is 2014 Gold a better buy then 2014 Gold Complete?

Somebody needs to get a clue and lower the MSRP on Mafia II.  There's no way a game that's over four years old should still be 30 bucks.

Also, Steam needs to have a complete edition instead of that piece of junk "Deluxe" (yeah, right) edition.

Gamestop has the base game for 5.99 online right now.  Looks like 1.97 if somebody could find it at a store.

Would you mind elaborating? I was sorta considering adding one of the Magic games to my wishlist to grab later on when it gets a bigger discount and I'm completely clueless as to which one is best. Why is 2014 Gold a better buy then 2014 Gold Complete?
2014 is better than 2015 just because it's an all around better game. The interface and UI is better, the AI is better, etc. 2015 got bogged down in trying to make it flashy at the expense of being playable and enjoyable.

You want 2014 Gold and not 2014 Gold Complete because the "basic" Gold edition gives you all the expansion decks to play with but you still have to unlock the extra cards through playing the campaign. Gold Complete gives you all the cards unlocked from the start, removing any reward for playing the campaign. Granted, it's a personal choice but I think most people would rather have the game's rewards unfold more organically versus being given everything upfront.

I don't think 2013 goes on sale any more (it's not on sale now) so it's possible that 2014 might be taken off the sale rotation in the future. It's 66% off now for Gold so if you're interested that's not a bad price even if it's not "75% or bust" pricing.

Meh flash deals.  Minimum = bundle fodder.  Multiplayer only indie game with a small community.  Great idea, but if there's no kind of co-op mode then efff it.

Somebody needs to get a clue and lower the MSRP on Mafia II. There's no way a game that's over four years old should still be 30 bucks.

Also, Steam needs to have a complete edition instead of that piece of junk "Deluxe" (yeah, right) edition.

Gamestop has the base game for 5.99 online right now. Looks like 1.97 if somebody could find it at a store.
kinda like how dmc needs to stop being 50 bucks

Somebody needs to get a clue and lower the MSRP on Mafia II. There's no way a game that's over four years old should still be 30 bucks.

Gamestop has the base game for 5.99 online right now. Looks like 1.97 if somebody could find it at a store.
I bought the deluxe, thinking it was a "complete" edition. Had to buy the DLC later.

Gold complete gives you deck keys which unlock full decks for play but it is pretty much like paying real money to bypass the natural progression of the game, since the normal way to unlock decks is through, you know, playing the game,and winning matches. Oh and it gives you "foil conversions" which basically means it makes your cards sparkle, so there's that.

EDIT: Syntax Error'd.

Plus it's been in promotions like the "free game with Bioshock Infinite" thing so it's not like they're jealously guarding the IP's "value".

I liked Mafia II quite a bit -- probably more than most people. It's definitely past due for an MSRP drop and some $5 sale pricing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back