Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
My new policy of voting for the worst possible choice seems to have hit a snag. Hatoful Boyfriend is clearly the worst option. But at the same time, it's probably the game that community will want to win.

Hmm, what to do?

If a game is linear, then people bitch. But if a game is open then people bitch about that too.

I can't tell you how many posts I've seen about Dragon Age Inquisition that are all 'therz 2 much 2 do. h@!!pppp1111111'

It's not rocket science. Pick something and do it. If you don't like it pick something else.
In rocket science they pick things and do them all the time. And if it doesn't work I'm sure they pick something else to do.

See, playing Dragon Age Inquistion is akin to doing rocket science.

My new policy of voting for the worst possible choice seems to have hit a snag. Hatoful Boyfriend is clearly the worst option. But at the same time, it's probably the game that community will want to win.

Hmm, what to do?
I figured most would vote for KY Route Zero (still too expensive), but you may be right. There are lots of potential pigeon fuck ers in the Steam Community.

I'm tempted by Wasteland 2 50% off and Child of Light 66% off.

It's all starting to make sense now.  I think the sale strategy has been to put things on sale at underwhelming prices and since people want to buy during the sale, disappointing them throughout, they are ready to spend more than they otherwise would as the sale drags on.

I am nearly ready to violate the 75% off or GTFO CAG rule.

Well played, GabeN.

It's all starting to make sense now. I think the sale strategy has been to put things on sale at underwhelming prices and since people want to buy during the sale, disappointing them throughout, they are ready to spend more than they otherwise would as the sale drags on.
I bit my nails through Transistor at 66% off but remained strong. Unless it shows up on Rerun Day then I might get it. Haven't bought jack else. Wasteland 2 at $20 isn't even especially tempting.

I love Spec Ops: the Line at $7.50 as a flash deal though. I thought that game came free with a can of soup these days.

I bit my nails through Transistor at 66% off but remained strong. Unless it shows up on Rerun Day then I might get it. Haven't bought jack else. Wasteland 2 at $20 isn't even especially tempting.

I love Spec Ops: the Line at $7.50 as a flash deal though. I thought that game came free with a can of soup these days.
It hasn't been really cheap in two years, since back when Tony & 2K were hot and heavy.

Seriously, they need to keep Early Access crap off the front page. 33% off an unfinished game as a daily deal is a waste of space.  I mean, I got caught up in the Kickstarter craze, but I backed some just because I wanted to see it made.  I didn't realize it'd start this trend of putting half finished games as full price. 

I caved on Transistor. What little CAG cred I may have had is slipping away. Please don't banish me back to the unwashed console peasant threads! I only use my Xbox for HBO Go - I swear!

Also comes free with a $7.50 donation to Steam

I see Squeenix is fully adopting the Bethesda Steam-sale strategy...WTF at FF7 for only 50% off?  I know Steam's had it for $4 before.

I broke down on Merc Kings at 66%.  It's already been bundled in a crappy Humble Bundle, and it seems the indies are far less likely to drop their prices significantly.  I doubt it ever goes lower.

The Witcher games for $4.50 looks good.

Actually sold a foil for a decent amount today. Sold one from Ballad of Solar for around $6.00. All the other ones I have had going rates of $0.50 or less. 

I see Squeenix is fully adopting the Bethesda Steam-sale strategy...WTF at FF7 for only 50% off? I know Steam's had it for $4 before.
Uplay had it for $3 (steam key).

And that's not Bethesda's strategy (punish early/base game buyers with high DLC sale prices).

Assume the position.

I just went through my TF2 stuff to see what I can sell... turns out all those pre-order bullcrap hats I had sitting around are worth dollars. So I might end up getting child of light from Bills Hat I had sitting around for years. 

Does anyone here still play the Arma II: DayZ Mod? From the looks of the Steam reviews, there's still plenty of people playing it. I've had Arma II forever, but never picked up Arrowhead. Any advice?

I see Squeenix is fully adopting the Bethesda Steam-sale strategy...WTF at FF7 for only 50% off? I know Steam's had it for $4 before.

I broke down on Merc Kings at 66%. It's already been bundled in a crappy Humble Bundle, and it seems the indies are far less likely to drop their prices significantly. I doubt it ever goes lower.

The Witcher games for $4.50 looks good.
I'd expect FF7 to be a big money maker for Square Enix so it doesn't surprise me that it doesn't get good discounts anymore. Best deal was the FF7+FF8 pack for $5.99 on GMG a while back.

Uplay had it for $3 (steam key).

And that's not Bethesda's strategy (punish early/base game buyers with high DLC sale prices).

Assume the position.
I think I remember that. I'm trying to avoid Uplay as much as possible, though.

I was referring to Bethesda's strategy not to budge on discounts on most content, DLCs or otherwise. The GOTY version of Dishonored still at 66%?

I think I remember that. I'm trying to avoid Uplay as much as possible, though.

I was referring to Bethesda's strategy not to budge on discounts on most content, DLCs or otherwise. The GOTY version of Dishonored still at 66%?
UPlay sells Steamworks games and they basically act like any other store and just give you a Steam key.

They are just really shitty at noting that on the store page so you have to know going in whether the game is Steamworks or not, which the Bethesda and Square stuff is.

One of the things that's kept me from getting FF7 is whether you can skip cutscenes.  I think you can, but I don't want to risk it.  I have no interest in watching any more instances of Knights of the Round summon. (or any other summon for that matter)

Anybody recommend Lichdom Battlemage for 75% off? Never heard of it before but after looking at trailers it looks good. I can wait until tomorrow to see if Steam puts anything else up that I want.

I'm pretty disappointed the Ys games haven't received a higher discount.  I skipped on them the last time they had a big sale.  I have a strong feeling I'm going to regret that.

I'm pretty disappointed the Ys games haven't received a higher discount. I skipped on them the last time they had a big sale. I have a strong feeling I'm going to regret that.
Ys games, if featured, are almost always flash deals. There's still a chance they'll go be discounted more.

Do you get cards with the key? :p

Edit: There's no link for that so I'm guessing they took down the freebie. Again.

Sorry, dear.
If it makes you feel any better, the cards aren't worth shit at this point. You'd maybe get 15 cents out of it after the Valve/dev cut when all is said and done. I mean I guess it's better than 0, but it's no great shakes.

If it makes you feel any better, the cards aren't worth shit at this point. You'd maybe get 15 cents out of it after the Valve/dev cut when all is said and done. I mean I guess it's better than 0, but it's no great shakes.
I don't sell the cards, I use them for credit at SteamCardExchange. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back