Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
No it doesn't. :(
keep-calm-and-kill-a-little-liar.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/2qu9hd/macgamestore_tropico_5_999_75/

Which is in line with newer Kalypso retail keys redeeming on steam, though not labeled.

Not that I expect any CAG to actually jump on Tropico 5 before bundle/GOTY.
That's a different store though and they are selling the Mac/Steamplay combined version which sometimes gets Steam keys on games that otherwise don't because the whole 'too lazy to set the mac version up on our own DRM' thing (ex: Sim City 4).

*ETA: Not tryin to be a smartass or anything, just trying to save someone the trouble of looking up into the sky and shouting KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN in case they are nuts enough to pay that much for it and get some crappy Kalypso DRM version.

Anyway, if you are that nuts just pay the extra $2.50 and get it from the Mac Store. And then we need to talk about having an intervention.

keikaku.jpg

And jeez, Tales of Maj'eyal takes ages to drop cards.
Good lord I actually watched that shitty sub.

It never made sense to me why they had to add a translators note instead of actually doing their job and translate it. I mean why not just have every word in romaji and add extra translators notes for every scene?

Good lord I actually watched that shitty sub.

It never made sense to me why they had to add a translators note instead of actually doing their job and translate it. I mean why not just have every word in romaji and add extra translators notes for every scene?
That's what happens when you get an inexperienced person to do script editing. I'm guilty of doing similar things back when I first started doing translations about 10 years ago before I wised up and started triple checking everything so it doesn't sound too dumb.

Or maybe the translator / editor had a little too much to drink that day.

Been playing alot of Diablo and Titan Quest latey. I see that I missed the flash sale for Grim Dawn at $12.50.

Will there be another chance to purchase Grim Dawn at that price on the last day of the holiday sale?

Been playing alot of Diablo and Titan Quest latey. I see that I missed the flash sale for Grim Dawn at $12.50.

Will there be another chance to purchase Grim Dawn at that price on the last day of the holiday sale?
It's highly unlikely that any flash deals will get encores on the last day. Sorry.

Mafia II is one of the worst GTA clones I've ever played.
I really liked Mafia II, despite its world not really being put to much use - since it's a very linear game.

While Mafia series is a third-person action crime-game (like GTA series), that series just tells fantastic stories, has fantastic characters, and is often MUCH more linear than GTA ever dared in its campaigns - well, except Mafia 1's Free Ride Mode, of course.

Can't speak on Mafia 2 DLC's - never bought any of them.

Though - I thought Mafia 1 was fantastic, back when it came out.

EDIT:

Mafia II is extremely linear, has virtually no side-missions, and it's not a sandbox. The similarities to GTA are that it's third person and it has cars you can boost. It is also extremely cinematic, profane, and sociopathic, and has one of the best mafioso storylines in video games—way better than the extremely cliched Mafia 1. In fact, I was surprised to learn that they were written by the same dude.
I thought both Mafia games had great stories, characters, + atmosphere.

That part and the level near the end where you gotta fight your way out of the parking garage without Pauly & Tom getting killed. Two most frustrating levels in any game that I've played recently.

Mafia 1 had a great opening theme though. You gotta give it that.

I loved Mafia 1, but that race was AWFUL.  It was so bad that they later added an easy mode.  The only other thing I didn't like was that the cars were so underpowered that it was impossible to go uphill sometimes.  (kinda realistic, but to heck with realism)

I never played Mafia 1 so I can't comment on that game.

I was not a big fan of Mafia 2. Overall I felt the game was okay. Neither terrible nor fantastic, just more meh than anything.

On the complete flipside though, the opening piece of music to Mafia 2 was amazing IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59dvZS44fuI

I loved Mafia 1, but that race was AWFUL. It was so bad that they later added an easy mode. The only other thing I didn't like was that the cars were so underpowered that it was impossible to go uphill sometimes. (kinda realistic, but to heck with realism)
That was pretty much the only thing I disliked about Mafia 1 - that race was awful.

It'll be on sale for 66% off or higher another half dozen times before it's released abandoned by the dev.
FTFY.

Edit: And thank you to everyone for the music selections, I am slowly acquiring them and giving them a listen.

Trying to buy the force unleashed from nuuvem but its giving me a 404 error?
Turn off Hola. People using it seem to run into that error quite a bit.

And Mafia 1 had an insane keyboard and mouse control layout. It was so confusing and unintuitive that it made me uninstall the game.

That part and the level near the end where you gotta fight your way out of the parking garage without Pauly & Tom getting killed. Two most frustrating levels in any game that I've played recently.

Mafia 1 had a great opening theme though. You gotta give it that.

I loved Mafia 1, but that race was AWFUL. It was so bad that they later added an easy mode. The only other thing I didn't like was that the cars were so underpowered that it was impossible to go uphill sometimes. (kinda realistic, but to heck with realism)
I found some info about that race part...

Nuuvem Dailies:

Saints Row IV (Brazil) R$16.99 (Region locked, don't bother, DLC is not region locked)

Note: The Season Pass is about a dollar, in case you don't want to buy the GOTC edition. It's not BR / purchase locked.

Mars: War Logs - R$5.99 - $2.25 USD (76% off)

Habitat - R$7.49 - $2.81 USD (74% off)

Randal's Monday - R$24.99 - $9.40 USD (45% off)

Steamworld Dig - R$3.99 - $1.50 USD (76% off)

The Elder Scrolls Online Standard - R$39.99 (ESO Account, not Steam, unbuyable without Hola, don't bother)

I think that's the lowest Mars War Logs has been outside of that time at Amazon.

Edit:

OH MY GOD. ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES GOT REMOVED FROM THE STORE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H07zYvkNYL8

Not just that, Aliens vs Predator (the 2010 game) got removed, too. Classic 2000 is still there, probably 'cause Rebellion self-published it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back