Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you only buy during steam sales, Hotline Miami seems good from the flash deals. The rest? Nahhh (though FEAR is something interesting to me so can't speak to that). Amnesia I guess, surely been cheaper before I'd think?

YNAB seems like it could be helpful, but the discount isn't good enough for my current budget. Isn't that ironic? TheKbob is it really that helpful? Seems like something that could be done for free with some Ecel pages and such.

You don't need a pricey program to set a budget, just don't spend so much. If you have trouble just save all your receipts/record expenditures for a month and compare it to monthly income. Determine your money saving goal and adjust optional spending accordingly. Boom, budget formulated. The hard part is staying motivated.

You don't need a pricey program to set a budget, just don't spend so much. If you have trouble just save all your receipts/record expenditures for a month and compare it to monthly income. Determine your money saving goal and adjust optional spending accordingly. Boom, budget formulated. The hard part is staying motivated.
Sorry I wasn't being serious. I don't need a $15 program to help me budget, I have a wife for that. Though I'd wager she costs me much more then YNAB4.

Sorry I wasn't being serious. I don't need a $15 program to help me budget, I have a wife for that. Though I'd wager she costs me much more then YNAB4.
Nah I got the joke, it's why I didn't quote your post. You should buy your wife "you need a bundle," though. I bet it'd be great for both your budget and your marriage.

So I read about steam's region locking but I still see posts pop up from USA people that are purchasing from nuuvem. What's up with that? 

I missed all the great Shadow of Mordor deals so I'm trying to get a decent deal. 

Well there's this trick we use:

1. http://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/ add base game to cart

2. Click add all DLC to cart.

3. ???

4. Valve profits
its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

I'm told there's a sale on Shadow of Mordor over on BundleStars. How much is it in YankeeDollahs?

This is what's it's come to. Checking out regional price differences on BundlefuckingStars. Thanks Gabe.

My haul from the winter sale:

Nothing.

I bought Cloudberry Kingdom from Amazon with credit though, shockingly enough. Amazon > Steam sale??

Since I have a lot of games, I expect these sales to be underwhelming on some levels for me, but at least there's usually some good deals on stuff I already own and I think thats been the case this sale in some respects. But I cant help but feel this was the worst Steam event sale I've ever taken part in. It just never felt like a big deal and there were so many lackluster discounts and the sheer amount of repeats of same discounts from sales past and even higher prices in some respects on things that have been lower is a real letdown. The fact that Valve literally put no effort into making it feel like an event besides stupid useless cards (like the Summer Getaway Sale cards) didn't help a bit. The auction was the only real event and that was over before the sale even began. 

I got things and I may get a few more, but this sale was just a big Mooby fart on whole.

I know is a cliche, but without a doubt, this sale was the worst. They didn't even tried it. No events, a TON of early access sales, crappy discounts (every other seller had better deals), awful games with crap discounts on the community voting, flash sales lasting 12 hours (how the hell is that a "flash"?). And now a 2 days of "encore". They don't have anything more to give, so just 2 days of some games.

It's like this sale is an improvisation. "Hey, december is here! You have all the winter sale ready, don'y you?". "err... yes, we do... but... what do we sell again?" 

The sale was that bad that we didn't even had seasonal CAGs!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back