Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanguard Princess and major mayhem if they are still available would be a great end to 2014 , thank you and happy new year:)
One or the other. Which one would you prefer?

Edit: ShadowEX beat you to Vanguard Princess (since he only posted one game like I asked). But I'll still give you Major Mayhem.

So I feel like giving away some extra copies of bundle games I've got. No code drop though, I'm gonna post the games and will PM the Steam keys/gift links to those who post which one they want. One game or DLC per person please.

Always Sometimes Monsters
If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate Always Sometimes Monsters. Thanks.

EDIT:

Here's a Steam key for the Nosgoth Veteran's Pack for anyone who wants it:

90VYA-7DJI0-6MYA3

While I already have this one, this "deal" sums up the winter sale:

2014-12-31_23-45-35.png

17% is just insulting

So I feel like giving away some extra copies of bundle games I've got. No code drop though, I'm gonna post the games and will PM the Steam keys/gift links to those who post which one they want. One game or DLC per person please.

99 Spirits
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2
AI War + 4 DLC packs & Tidalis
AI War: Vengeance
Always Sometimes Monsters
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
Bionic Heart
BioShock
Deadlight
Ether Vapor Remaster
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Codename 47
Insurgency
Major Mayhem
QUALIA 3: Multi Agent
Shattered Heaven
Vanguard Princess
War of the Human Tanks
Deadlight please and Happy New Years

Could I get this? Happy New year to you and everyone else out there. Thank you very much.

Might I have this game, pretty please?

Thankyee

99 Spirits
Bionic Heart
BioShock
Ether Vapor Remaster
Insurgency
Major Mayhem
Shattered Heaven
War of the Human Tanks
Could I request Bionic Heart please?

Thanks and happy new year!

99 Spirits

Bionic Heart

BioShock

Ether Vapor Remaster

Insurgency

Major Mayhem

Shattered Heaven

War of the Human Tanks
Valley Without Wind 1&2 please. Thanks for the drop!

99 Spirits

Bionic Heart

BioShock

Ether Vapor Remaster

Insurgency

Major Mayhem

Shattered Heaven

War of the Human Tanks
Thanks for Valley Without Wind 1 & 2. Was afraid I wasn't quick enough hehe since this is my first post on the whole forum.

May I have AI War?

I can send you a Vanguard Princess key to give to the person who missed out.

Edit: BMXJouster was able to cover for both, so I still have a Vanguard Princess key if anyone else wants it.

Happy New Year!

Can I have this please? Thanks for the giveaway.

Shattered Heaven
Pretty please?

And Happy First of January!

99 Spirits

BioShock

Ether Vapor Remaster

Insurgency

Major Mayhem

Shattered Heaven

War of the Human Tanks
I'd go for Either Vapor Remaster please

i was looking at Final Fantasy 13.  I went back and forth on buying it. Yes, no, yes, no..   Then I looked at the download size.  Like 50 gigs.  Uh, no thanks.  I'm not going to cripple my internet for like two days straight just to get a game.  50 gigs is only a bit short of the entire install size.  Haven't they ever heard of compression?

Heck, I give serious consideration before buying a 18 or 20 gig download.  50 is way out there in "NO" land.

i was looking at Final Fantasy 13. I went back and forth on buying it. Yes, no, yes, no.. Then I looked at the download size. Like 50 gigs. Uh, no thanks. I'm not going to cripple my internet for like two days straight just to get a game. 50 gigs is only a bit short of the entire install size. Haven't they ever heard of compression?

Heck, I give serious consideration before buying a 18 or 20 gig download. 50 is way out there in "NO" land.
Half of that is apparently a set of audio you will never use. It's said they make you download both the English and Japanese audio. Because it apparently would make too much sense to let you choose one or the other.

I've also read they didn't really use much in the way of compression on the audio and video either.

*shrug* It's a port made by Japanese. We only even got selectable resolutions above 720p because people bitched to holy hell and that took them a couple of months to do.

i was looking at Final Fantasy 13. I went back and forth on buying it. Yes, no, yes, no.. Then I looked at the download size. Like 50 gigs. Uh, no thanks. I'm not going to cripple my internet for like two days straight just to get a game. 50 gigs is only a bit short of the entire install size. Haven't they ever heard of compression?

Heck, I give serious consideration before buying a 18 or 20 gig download. 50 is way out there in "NO" land.
good god. ridiculous

Well, even though GMina72 asked for War of the Human Tanks my Indiegala page shows that "JFLuX98" is the one who redeemed it.  Which is funny since a CAG user named jflux98 asked for Bioshock.

Real honest there, buddy.  Thanks a bunch.

Two days straight??!?!

What are you using for downloading? DSL?

I remember the days when it took me as many as hours as it did GB's to download, back with DSL.

Doing GTA4 PC was the end of it for me - and it was time to move on + get faster connection, since those 15 GB took me approx. 15 hours to download. That was the last straw for me.

I have Comcast Blast here - and yeah, it's tons faster. IIRC, it took about 1 hr + a half or so to download FFXIII PC.

I need to get back to that game sometime.

EDIT:

You might wanna avoid Titanfall PC (req. Origin) until you go faster, as well - it's also around 50GB.

Well, even though GMina72 asked for War of the Human Tanks my Indiegala page shows that "JFLuX98" is the one who redeemed it. Which is funny since a CAG user named jflux98 asked for Bioshock.

Real honest there, buddy. Thanks a bunch.
I think it may be a bug because honest to god my giveaway to a third user shows up as jflux on my bundle page. LOL.

Return to Mysterious Island 2
This game was added to JFLuX98 Steam account on Jan. 1, 2015, 6:03 a.m.

I figure it would take me 35 to 40 hours to download  FF13.  That's if everything went perfectly and I didn't use even one drop of extra bandwidth for anything else.

I have 3mbps internet.  I only get somewhere between 2.6 and 2.8 though.    The best I can get unless they ever move one of their stations/boxes  closer to me.  I'm maybe a thousand feet too far away to get 6mbps.  I'm lucky to have 3 since I live out in the sticks.

We can't all live in the city where 50 mbps rains down like manna from heaven.  :)  Kind of a moot point though I guess since I have zero interest in living anywhere near a city.

@Cam

I wish I could get 50 mbps downloads here! I normally get 10-12 mbps on Steam.

Bleh @ you only getting around 3 mbps. That bites.

Also, the other thing w/ FFXIII PC is this - supposedly, I think 20-30 GB of it is actually the Japanese audio files. I do wish they made language packs as free DLC's for extra downloads, to save space for those who don't want to do the actual download.

I think it may be a bug because honest to god my giveaway to a third user shows up as jflux on my bundle page. LOL.
I don't know. I just find it hard to believe that a CAG user named jflux98 asked for one game, and another user, who asked for a completely different game, shows as activating the game to a Steam account named JFLuX98 and it's supposed to be a bug or a coincidence. None of the other Indiegala games I gave out show that name as the one who redeemed it. And if you do a search on Steam for that user only one Steam page shows up (and it's a private profile).

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same person. Which is a dick move I think. People like that are the reason I don't do code drops anymore and it's just going to make it that much harder for me to trust giving out games to newer CAG members.

Honestly download times are rarely an issue for me since it's not like I usually plan on playing games as soon as I buy them anyway. I can typically download about three to four gigs an hour or so, so pretty much any game out there I can get downloaded if I start when I go to bed by the time I can get back from work the next day.good enough for me.

I don't know. I just find it hard to believe that a CAG user named jflux98 asked for one game, and another user, who asked for a completely different game, shows as activating the game to a Steam account named JFLuX98 and it's supposed to be a bug or a coincidence. None of the other Indiegala games I gave out show that name as the one who redeemed it. And if you do a search on Steam for that user only one Steam page shows up (and it's a private profile).

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same person. Which is a dick move I think. People like that are the reason I don't do code drops anymore and it's just going to make it that much harder for me to trust giving out games to newer CAG members.
Yeah, changed my mind after looking back through the thread. ShyYoshi = GMina72 = jflux98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back