Steam Deals Thread V13 ~ Star Wars Empire at War $6.80 | The Legend of Korra $10.04 | Red Faction Guerrilla $2.99 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Summer sale has come and gone; welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V13!

Stop: Before you go any further be sure you are using Enhanced Steam. It will save you a lot of time and embarrassment in the future.

Daily Deal
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold Edition - $19.99 $6.80

Yesterday's Deal

N/A

Midweek Madness
The Legend of Korra - $14.99 $10.04

Red Faction - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction II - $9.99 $1.49
Red Faction Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
Red Faction Guerrilla - $19.99 $2.99 

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
The games are high quality, if that's what you're asking Endless Legend has gotten good reviews (I've read a number of publications call it their strategy of the year, with RPS naming it their overall GOTY). 4x strategy games also tend to have a lot of replay value, so 17.50 for a high quality game with a lot of potential play hours is worth it from an objective perspective. Whether it's worth it to you is another question. If you plan on playing it a lot right away go for it, but it'll probably be 7.50 or less by this time next year.
Id give endless legend a buy recommendation if you like 4x games. I find myself alternating between that and civ when Im in that mood. It doesnt have quite the depth as civ does, theres alot less unit types and things of that sort, but the overall gameplay is still great. It is very much endless space on a planet. However it will definitely hit 7.50 sometime next year, it was given away as a free game for IGN prime(which was the sole reason I signed up for a 5$ membership or whatever it was). So if they were willing to give it away as a free IGN game Id be willing to bet it will hit that

Time for a year end colon spreadsheet cleansing. I'm pretty sure these are all good, but it's possible some used ones snuck in there. Let me know which one you want and I'll PM it over. To help prevent the jflux effect you need to have at least 300 posts.

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Avencast: Rise of the Mage

Biglands: A Game Made by Kids

Blades of Time - Limited Edition

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey

Dracula 2: The Last Sanctuary

Dracula 3: The Path of the Dragon

Dracula: The Resurrection

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron

Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage

Hamlet

Hearthlands

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Into the Dark: Ultimate Trash Edition

Jack Orlando: Director's Cut

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Rescue - Everyday Heroes

Return to Mysterious Island 2

Shadows: Price for our Sins

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Space Trader: Merchant Marine

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

Supreme Commander Gold Edition

The Mysterious Cities of Gold

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
I'm interested in Rescue Everyday Heroes. Thanks!

Time for a year end colon spreadsheet cleansing. I'm pretty sure these are all good, but it's possible some used ones snuck in there. Let me know which one you want and I'll PM it over. To help prevent the jflux effect you need to have at least 300 posts.

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Biglands: A Game Made by Kids

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Hamlet

Hearthlands

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Rescue - Everyday Heroes

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
I'll take Hamlet if it's available. Thanks!

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
Muffin Knight?

#muffintop

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
I'll gladly take 8BitBoy.

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
I would like to spoder Hearthlands if it's still available, my fine gentleman.

jflux98 must be what they're talking about re: ethics in gaming journalism

8b008bbb31.jpg

I hated '98. It was my final year of college, started working a normal full time job and reality set in. Reality is a bitch.  Anything associated with '98 can suck it.

8BitBoy

8BitBoy

A New Beginning

Ancients of Ooga

Coldfire Keep

Coldfire keep

C-Rush

C-Rush

C-Rush

EvilQuest

Galaxy on Fire 2

Gorky 17

Kingdom Elemental

Koya Rift

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Muffin Knight

Muffin Knight

Numba Deluxe

Ocean City Racing

One Day For Ched

Penguins Arena

Pixel Hunter

Puzzle Kingdoms

Realms of the Haunting

Soulbringer

Space Hack

Star Ruler

Steel & Steam

The Slaughtering Grounds

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Thief Gold

Thomas Was Alone

Triblaster

Weird Worlds

Wickland

Windforge
Thank you for the awesome giveaway Malkan. If Wickland is still available I'd like that please.

If Wickland has already been taken, I guess I'd "like" something from the following list. According to the steam reviews, they're all crap. So I guess it really doesn't matter which you pick:

Koya Rift

Lost Civilization

Metal Planet

Numba Deluxe

The Slaughtering Grounds

Them - The Summoning

Triblaster

Thank you and have a happy new year.

EDIT: Thanks for Wickland.

The Slaughtering Grounds
One "Shitiest game ever made" please.

Edit: Thanks?

Last edited:
Think all I bought this sale was final fantasy xiii and that wasn't even off of steam. There were a few titles I wanted to grab but figured they would be on sale for the same or cheaper the next sale.

Would love this if you still have it. Thanks either way!

jflux98 must be what they're talking about re: ethics in gaming journalism

8b008bbb31.jpg
Author: jflux98

I am a hardcore gaming enthusiast for the Playstation 3, Vita, and Nintendo 3DS. My passion is to share my opinions and experience with the online community as well as help them myself find that special game. You can contact me via twitter @jflux98 or email me at jflux98 @ jggh.net
Fixed That For Him

Seriously dude, and you obviously lurk here, W T F?

As for the whole giving to regulars thing, I think there's a middle ground between requiring someone to have 500 posts and giving to any shifty yahoo who asks. Just ask that they have at least somewhat of a post history of contributing to the community in some way, preferably prior to 5 minutes ago.

I mean, it's not hard to check someone's post history and as long as they have some posts where they are asking or answering legitimate questions or making witty (or not so witty) remarks or whatever then fine. Basically anything that isn't asking for something free or utterly useless spam crap like "First".

Of course our friend Jflux here is an ahem, 'respected journalist', so I suppose even people who contribute can pull shenanigans.

Maybe it's because he seems to be a console person so he's all serious bidness on that side and doesn't care about fucking people over with shady shit on the PC side. Who knows?

A new year and a new giveaway contest. Funny entries will get a bundle fodder game and the grand prize will get three of them.

Reply to this line and tell me: What game in your Steam library best describes your last fart.

Rules: must be a thread regular with lots of posts or have the same avatar as me, must be right handed, if color blind must be of the tritanomaly variety, must own Bad Rats, must not own Lost Planet.

A new year and a new giveaway contest. Funny entries will get a bundle fodder game and the grand prize will get three of them.

Reply to this line and tell me: What game in your Steam library best describes your last fart.

Rules: must be a thread regular with lots of posts or have the same avatar as me, must be right handed, if color blind must be of the tritanomaly variety, must own Bad Rats, must not own Lost Planet.
The King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match Final Edition.

Edit: Dammit, I own Lost Planet. Never mind.

System Shock 2.

BTW...

• I'm left-handed.
  • I don't own Lost Planet (Original) nor Colonies Edition on Steam.
  • But, I do own Lost Planet: Colonies Editions in a Retail box (req. G4WL) - still unplayed + never been installed.
  • I don't own Lost Planet 2 or 3 anywhere period.

Windforge would probably be the best answer. But I just bought Lost Planet, so...

Duke Nukem Forever

call of doody: advanced warfare

(although technically it's not in my library)

Risk of Rain

Edit: Bonus console title - Sonic '06 :whee:

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA for the Awesome!

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call

Organic Panic

(hey man, I was nervous at the time, ok?!)

Papers, Please

I like the contest! (Probably not qualified, especially since I don't have Bad Rats)

Miasmata.

Cloud Chamber has to be the correct answer

I'm out of this because eww. And also I own 99% of bundle fodder crap it seems.

And you guys is NASTY. Really wasn't planning on reading about anal blood splatters with my breakfast.

Beat you, Neuro. Also:

Quest for Infamy

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

Cloud Chamber

Brutal Legend

Ok, I think I'm done for now.
Some other possibilities. These work best if there is somebody else around when you fart.

Act Of War: High Treason

Always Remember Me

Breath Of Death VII

Echo Of The Winds

I could probably go on, but I don't want to use up all the good ones. Gotta leave some stuff for other people to submit. Always remember me is probably my favorite though.

Thomas Was Alone...

My life story?

Gifting Trine 2: Complete Story (Steam) to the first person who PMs me. Include your Steam handle. No brand new accounts.

EDIT: Claimed.

Don't want a game, but wanted to play anyway because it's a fun contest.

I have no mouth, and i must scream

And Yet It Moves

I own lost planet, and all bundle fodder but

Cook, Serve, Delicious,

Hot Dish

The Howler

Think all I bought this sale was final fantasy xiii and that wasn't even off of steam. There were a few titles I wanted to grab but figured they would be on sale for the same or cheaper the next sale.
I can actually remember a time when this was sound logic.
That would suggest that it makes sense for publishers to not necessarily always repeat the same level of discount. It changes the math. Instead of knowing they'll just be able to grab it for that price next sale, consumers have to think that they might not see a deal that good again for a long time, if at all.

The Evil Within.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back