Steam Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiaoran

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'll try this one thing...
A thread for Steam deals, any and only. Just so the deals aren't all scattered.

Don't comment if you have nothing to add! This way it's more likely for people to know that a new post probably means a new deal.
I won't tell you to never post without a deal to report, that's a jerk move.

A few notable ones, just to kick start the thread (unknown ending time unless noted):

Trine - $19.99 $5.00

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - $9.99 $2.50
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $9.99 $2.50
Deus Ex Collection (contains both games above) - $19.99 $5.00

Wings of Prey - $49.99 $39.99

These deals can be seen on the Specials tab on the Steam home page. There may be deals that don't show in there, but I can't confirm this.

Double posting to keep this separate from the initial post, as I don't intend to keep an updated list myself.

You don't get the purpose of the thread, smart ass.
Of course they're reposts! There's nothing new for now!
It's purpose it to keep all the stuff in a single thread, instead of the 3 newest ones being on pages 3 and 5. When people want to know if there's a new deal, they must only check one thread, not every single page after their last visit. Or use the search function, but we all know people don't do that.

[quote name='Shiaoran']You don't get the purpose of the thread, smart ass.
Of course they're reposts! There's nothing new for now!
It's purpose it to keep all the stuff in a single thread, instead of the 3 newest ones being on pages 3 and 5. When people want to know if there's a new deal, they must only check one thread, not every single page after their last visit. Or use the search function, but we all know people don't do that.[/QUOTE]

But if you aren't going to update the original post (and title), then it's just about pointless. People are going to be posting non-deal messages, so we're still going to have to dig through this whole thread to find the new deals. Not much difference between digging through this whole thread versus digging through all the threads on the main index page.

Anyway, I prefer separate threads for each game so there can be discussion about the game as well. I am not familiar with some of the games that go on sale, so I like to hear other's opinions of them. If that starts going on in this thread it would turn into a giant clusterfuck.

i definitely think that seperate threads are the way to go. steam puts these deals up with such frequency that i would have to be checking this thread like 3 times a week. that's more work than just skimming the forum index, which i do anyway on a daily basis.

[quote name='xplocvo']But if you aren't going to update the original post (and title), then it's just about pointless. People are going to be posting non-deal messages, so we're still going to have to dig through this whole thread to find the new deals. Not much difference between digging through this whole thread versus digging through all the threads on the main index page.

Anyway, I prefer separate threads for each game so there can be discussion about the game as well. I am not familiar with some of the games that go on sale, so I like to hear other's opinions of them. If that starts going on in this thread it would turn into a giant clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This thread makes no sense.

We should actually make a thread that covers all DD deals. Sometimes the lesser known sites have deals and they don't get posted on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back