[STEAM] Entire Strategy First Catalogue 50% Off

Cantatus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Steam news:
Save 50% on all titles or get entire Strategy First catalogue for one low price!

During the sale, all Strategy First titles will be discounted by a whopping 50%, including Flat Out Ultimate Carnage and Perimeter2. In addition to individual discounts, Strategy First is offering its entire 26-game catalogue
"As the first publisher to offer our games on Steam, we want to personally thank 20 million Gamers for their support with an incredible offer that can't be matched," said Emanuel Wall, Business Development Manager at Strategy First.

Take advantage of cult classics Alien Shooter 2, Ghost Master, Iron Warriors, Slam It Pinball: Big Score, Ducati Racing and many more for a low price of $2.49!

To take advantage of this promotion, please visit the Strategy First publisher page.

Sale ends Monday, April 13, 2009.

List of games:
688(I) Hunter/Killer - $9.99
Alien Shooter - Vengeance - $2.49
Birth of America - $4.99
Culpa Innata - $4.99
Dangerous Waters - $7.49
Darkstar One - $4.99
Disciples II Gold - $9.99
Ducati World Championship - $2.49
Exodus from the Earth - $9.99
FlatOut - $4.99
FlatOut 2 - $4.99
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage - $9.99
Fleet Command - $9.99
Ghost Master - $2.49
Iron Warriors - $2.49
Jack Keane - $9.99
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - $9.99
Making History - $9.99
Perimeter 2: $14.99
Sacred Gold - $4.99
Buy SlamIt Pinball Big Score - $2.49
Space Empires IV Deluxe - $4.99
Space Empires V - $7.49
Sub Command - $9.99
Vegas Make It Big - $2.49

Bundles:
Strategy First Complete Pack - $74.99 (save $104.75)

Classic Naval Combat Pack (688(I) Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command) - $9.99
Complete Naval Combat Pack (Dangerous Waters, 688(I) Hunter-Killer, Fleet Command, Sub Command) - $14.99
Jagged Alliance 2 / Disciples II Gold Combo - $14.99
FlatOut + FlatOut 2 Pack - $7.49
Space Empires IV and V Pack - $9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
must....resist.....flatout.....series......

Oh hell, who am I kidding, Steam is like crack anymore. I just can't stop.

[quote name='gunm']Ja2.[/quote]

Seconded. One of the best PC games I've ever played. Addictive, awesome game. BUT, I'd recommend you get it off GOG instead, since that gives you more leeway with your purchase than Steam.

I'll bite on Alien Shooter. Thanks OP.

also: Jagged Alliance 2 is one of my all time favorite games.

Yeah, if it is on GoG.com get it there. DRM is an awful, awful thing to do to such a fine game.

I definately wanna get flatout 1 and 2 for 7.50, but what's the deal with ultimate carnage? just a previous one with extra content?

Sacred Gold and JA 2 FTW! I was incredibly impressed at how fun the bare bones Sacred was when it first came out (and how, erm, massive)...and JA 2 is just a classic.

It's been a few years, but Fleet Command was pretty interesting when I played it. It was used at my school to teach naval warfare tactics and weapon capabilities. Along the same lines, 688(i) is close to real life - a lot of searching for a little action.

probably will get alien shooter, I enjoyed shadowgrounds and it looks similar
might also get sacred gold for some lan play

[quote name='squishface']The Ducati racing game is only 2.50
It's worth a try, thats about the same price as a burger at McDs[/quote]I think the burger at McDs would get a better MetaScore

I agree with the recommendation about concerning GOG - about half of these titles are about the same price on Gog.com, it's worth getting over there for the extras and lack of DRM.

[quote name='SL4IN']Genesis Rising and Painkiller Overdose are also now marked down to $5 a piece.[/QUOTE]

Dude, when I saw the news item today involving something about "Painkiller" and "$4.99," I was totally psyched for a split-second, before I noticed the word "Overdose" in there, which was a total buzzkill.

Why oh why would they not drop the GOOD Painkiller?

As far as Steam and DRM goes...you do know it is tied to your user and not you machine?

You can login to different machines and play the games...just not at the same time.

I'm not sure why people don't want to buy from Steam. I think it solves way more problems than it introduces.

Of that list I only have Ghost Master already, but I recommend it to everyone who doesn't have it. For $2.50 it is amazing, especially if you ever just wanted to terrorize Will Wright's Sims.

As for the others available, what is a good buy and what are those gomes like/comparable to? I've heard people talk about Sacred and JA 2, but what are they all about? I know you can read the info sheet or watch the trailer but those things are put together by a bunch of marketing/PR people. I've YouTubed a few but even that doesn't always clear anything up. Thanks!

[quote name='hcajandig']You can login to different machines and play the games...just not at the same time.[/QUOTE]
You actually can for the most part, especially non-Valve games that aren't as tied to Steam. Just have one machine switch to offline mode while the other plays in online mode. So you can sort of lend Steam games to friends, you just want to make sure you trust them a bit more than just handing over a disc. But for other home machines or for family members or something, no problem.

Also worth noting that Steam will occasionally want to jump online, but it only does this when you log on, if I remember right. So if someone else is starting up your offline Steam machine and signs on, it will kick your currently online Steam account off. That's the extent of the problem though, haven't had them kick my door down for running Steam on multiple machines yet.

Just figured I'd mention it. Limited activations DRM gets my goat to no end, but Steam has been pretty inoffensive in my experience. Not exactly wild about it, but it's acceptable to me at least.

I'd highly recommend JA2, Sacred, and Disciples II.

Disciples II is cheaper on GOG; Sacred and JA2 are cheaper on Steam, but the JA2/Disciples II Pack gives both for $14.99.

...or you could wait and see if the Complete Pack goes on sale again in December (picked mine up for $48.74 minus Perimeter 2 & SlamIt Pinball).

[quote name='bb4lake']I've heard people talk about Sacred and JA 2, but what are they all about?[/quote]

Jagged Alliance 2 is a turn-based strategy game that involves you hiring a group of mercenaries to retake some country from a dictator. They're mercenaries, so they'll cost you based on how good they are. You also get to customize one mercenary that sticks with you the whole game.

You usually move in real time, but once combat initiates, it becomes a turn-based affair, with movement and attacks costing AP. You can attack full-on in the day, or sneak some stealth kills in at night instead. Plenty of weapons to choose from as well.

A good part of its charm comes from the mercs, whose hilarious one liners define their personalities. There's quite a few interesting side quests and crazy stuff to do too (like sending flowers to the dictator you're supposed to be overthrowing!)

It's definitely one of my favourite PC games ever, and I don't think there's anything quite like it out there. The closest would be X-COM, and Fallout Tactics to some extent. Silent Storm is kinda like a 3D version of it too.

[quote name='doodofdoods']It's possible the weekend deal will be the complete pack at half price, which would be $37.50.[/QUOTE]
Anything to back that up with, or are you just making a joke? Since the entire blob of games I'm thinking about ordering from this comes out to $30, I'd be annoyed if I missed out on everything for $7.50 more.

It's just conjecture, based on the ubisoft deal that steam had the other week. they had a week of ubisoft offers, then the weekend deal was a ubisoft pack.

The fact that the complete pack of strategy first games was not discounted any further than it usually is makes me think it's definitely possible the weekend deal will be the complete pack at a reduced price. $37.50 would be half of what it's currently selling for on steam.

I guess you could wait until the weekend to see if there is indeed such a deal, since the 50% off offers don't expire til Monday.

I think it might be unlikely though, as this promotion is different from the Ubisoft one, which was a different offer everyday during the week, if I recall right.

Bit on Jagged Alliance 2 Gold, Disciples 2 Gold, Sacred Gold, Alien Shooter Vengeance and Ghost Master for $25. More than I probably need but eh.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I cannot recommend Ghost Master enough. It's a really fun game.[/QUOTE]

I would definately second that, one of my favorite games when I was younger and still enjoyable.

This is good stuff. I'm gonna get Disciples and Sacred. I'll probably get the Pinball game also. I suck at it but man, I love pinball. Good deals!

Flatout 2 is well worth the money. It doesn't get much better than racing through a trailer park! Plus a lot of people still play it online. I hear Flatout UC is not nearly as good

Of the three Flatout games, Flatout 2 is the best in my opinion. Flatout Ultimate Carnage seemed like it was trying to compete with the Burnout games, but being a few games behind. That was just my impression though.

Just bought Ghost Master (after checking around the apartment to make sure I didn't already buy a boxed copy) and SlamIt Pinball. Need to evaluate if Jack Keane is worth $10.

bread's done
Back