Steam - Everyday Genius: SquareLogic - 75% off

This game seems to keep things fresh and avoids some of the monotony of Sudoku.

20,000 puzzles + 21 achievements = bought for $2.50.

[quote name='kilm']It's KenKen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KenKen[/QUOTE]

They use KenKen as a base, but EG:SL also includes variations. I haven't seen them all, but I know there are at least "even" and "odd" clues (all numbers in that area are even or odd) and greater than/less than clues, as in Futoshiki puzzles.

After having played this for a couple hours straight, forcing myself to quit for the evening, I can safely say... great game!

Production values are high, it's packed with an unbelievable amount of puzzles and the price is right.

This game is going to ruin my productivity at work.

Nice little game for $2.50, though. Definitely more than worth it at that price.

Played the first few worlds over my lunch break. Overall, I am very pleased with the game. The achievements seem a bit insane in some parts, ie 100 puzzles in a row without mistake. It encourages you to solve them so fast that I accidentally clicked the wrong number on one and screwed up my streak. I hope it keeps track over multiple times playing.

[quote name='pROvIs']Played the first few worlds over my lunch break. Overall, I am very pleased with the game. The achievements seem a bit insane in some parts, ie 100 puzzles in a row without mistake. It encourages you to solve them so fast that I accidentally clicked the wrong number on one and screwed up my streak. I hope it keeps track over multiple times playing.[/QUOTE]

For me, that achievement makes me much more wary in inputting an answer rather than rushing through it since there's no timer involved in it. If you mess up, it just resets the progress, so you have ample opportunity to get it. I messed mines up the first time the Even/Odd cages showed up because I didn't read the instruction properly. You can actually replay puzzles to rack up the streak from what I've seen.

bread's done
Back