Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, people are saying that my new post is a joke but I'm serious. Earlier today, there is a new feature called CAG giveaways on the CAG homepage. As members, you are able to receive cool stuff such as Steam DLC packs.

[quote name='Falcongamer']Apparently, people are saying that my new post is a joke but I'm serious. Earlier today, there is a new feature called CAG giveaways on the CAG homepage. As members, you are able to receive cool stuff such as Steam DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

They're asking if you're joking because you're trying to take advantage of generosity like many CAGs and other lurkers/leechers. You're taking a free code and trying to profit from it. I'd watch where you walk if I were you, you're walking on thin ice.

[quote name='Falcongamer']Apparently, people are saying that my new post is a joke but I'm serious. Earlier today, there is a new feature called CAG giveaways on the CAG homepage. As members, you are able to receive cool stuff such as Steam DLC packs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atreyuevr']They're asking if you're joking because you're trying to take advantage of generosity like many CAGs and other lurkers/leechers. You're taking a free code and trying to profit from it. I'd watch where you walk if I were you, you're walking on thin ice.[/QUOTE]

This is how we treat other CAG's around here:

walkonshadows:
Civ 5 (base game) $9 http://getgamesgo.com/product/sid-meiers-civilization-v They accept PayPal. Thought you should know. The base game was $7.50 during the steam summer sale. If you pick up the GOTY edition down the road, it does not include the Korea/Wonders DLC's which are sold as a pack on steam. My advice would be if you are going to play it before the steam Winter sale (Dec., they also accept PayPal) then pick up the base game now as it's only $0.50 more than it's 75% off sale price, then pick up the additional content on sale this winter. If you aren't going to play it before the end of the year, then wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale this winter, which might also include the God's & Kings expansion by then too. ---End Quote---

keigetsu:
Thank you very much I missed it on the summer sale so I was seeing if anyone had a copy they were looking to get rid of. I'm kind of new to Steam and didn't know they had a winter sale so I might wait for that. Very helpful, thanks again!

walkonshadows:
A few sites you might find useful: http://isthereanydeal.com/ http://www.steamprices.com/us http://www.steamgamesales.com/ and latley to see if you meet the minimum hardware requirements to run a new game at all: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx ---End Quote---

keigetsu:
Awesome, thank you :)

I didn't rush to the website, buy the game and then try to sell it to someone for a previous (but not the most current) sale price like $12.50, thereby making a profit. I informed them of where to get the best deal, rather than take advantage. THAT'S how we do things here!

Haves:

Braid - Tradeable Copy
Depths of Peril - Tradable Copy

Defense Grid Awakening + Resurgence 1-4 map packs - Steam Keys
Hamilton's Great Adventure - Steam Key
Beat Hazard - Steam Key
Runespell: Overture - Steam Key
Trauma - Steam Key
Making History: The Calm & the Storm - Steam Key

Wants:

Offers
SPAZ
Analogue: A Hate Story
Stacking
Wizorb
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Civ V - Gods and Kings
Shogun 2 + X-pacs
Driver SF
CivCity: Rome
Ticket to Ride

I'll also listen to any other offers as long as the game is half way decent and I don't have it or it's a tradeable copy.

For the record we have 80 codes to giveaway in a Steamgifts giveaway (in my signature for the link) with only 15 entries so far. So no one trade with this idiot and just enter the giveaway if you missed out on the Saint's Row DLC.

Anyone want in on a "The Political Machine 2012" 4-Pack? I just snagged one and have 3 unclaimed copies.

1. avwjase

$5 per copy, paypal. PM me if interested!

[quote name='avwjase']Anyone want in on a "The Political Machine 2012" 4-Pack? I just snagged one and have 3 unclaimed copies.

1. avwjase

$5 per copy, paypal. PM me if interested![/QUOTE]

anyone have any hands on experience with it. It's damn intresting, but I'd like a review before grabing it (yes I realized it's $5, but it's literally my last $5.....til tomorrow when I get paid again.)

EDIT: Delete b/c original post was a bit mean.

Also, I have Red Orchestra (steam code) to trade since this is the Trade Forum.

Updated List

Have - All games on Steam

Plants vs Zombies GOTY
Hydrophobia Prophecy
Borderlands GOTY (2x)
Driver San Francisco Deluxe Edition
Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Edition
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction Insurgency Pack (DLC)
Razor2 Hidden Skies
Torchlight
Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Gundemonium Collection
Saints Row: The Third Franchise Pack
Left 4 Dead 2
Burnout Paradise Ultimate Collection
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Bioshock Collection
Bastion
Fallout 3 GOTY
Ys: Oath of Felghana
Trine Franchise
Witcher Enhanced Edition

Want
Torchlight 2 (any 4 packs out there I'll take 2 slots)
Borderlands 2
Dark Souls
Paypal and/or Offers

Will Sell Borderlands GOTY for $6/each

Well amazon sent me that promotional credit email for the borderlands 2 4 pack so i took them up on the offer($143.97 total after promo), each copy comes up to $35.9925 split 4 ways but lets just say $36 each to keep it simple. If anyone wants a slot just send me a pm and I'll put you on the list. Paypal only please not looking for trades or GC's just wanted to get the lowest price available for the game on release.

Borderlands 2 4 Pack $36 a share
1.Tallest-Midget
2.BXVeTeRaN
3.On Hold
4.dacool561
Group full as of now just waiting on an answer from no. 3
Game releases September 18, 2012 @ 12:00 Am (US/Pacific)

My steam just in case anyone wants to add me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Agent_ShortBus/

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen guys I wasn't trying to be rude. I know that people are bummed because they might have missed out on the codes. I do not intend to make a profit but I want to make a fair and honest trade. I have done 3 fair trades and you could ask them if I have done wrong.

Is someone seriously snagging multiple codes from the giveaway and selling them on the trade forum? Please tell me no, I'm on my phone now and I don't feel like reading back to figure it out.

I think he's saying he's not selling them for money, just trading them for other items....IE just as improper, bad, greedy and ban-able lol

[quote name='Lazer77']Is someone seriously snagging multiple codes from the giveaway and selling them on the trade forum? Please tell me no, I'm on my phone now and I don't feel like reading back to figure it out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='walkonshadows']anyone have any hands on experience with it. It's damn intresting, but I'd like a review before grabing it (yes I realized it's $5, but it's literally my last $5.....til tomorrow when I get paid again.)[/QUOTE]

You know, I bought the first one for my brother years ago but I don't remember what he thought of it. I might be interested too if anyone has any thoughts on it.

[quote name='bigsexydh']I think he's saying he's not selling them for money, just trading them for other items....IE just as improper, bad, greedy and ban-able lol[/QUOTE]

This is why nobody can ever have anything nice, because of people like that guy. I hope banning is a realistic possibility.

Hey CheapFox, i as gonna respond on the other thread but i'll make it a combo, lol, i played dungeon defenders on my brothers a little and it seemed that way for me to but i had no much a clue what i was doing, haven't restarted on my copy, also did you get into on of those dudes borderlands 2 things is sent you? If you want to play either - DixieWrecTNINJA

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You know, I bought the first one for my brother years ago but I don't remember what he thought of it. I might be interested too if anyone has any thoughts on it.[/QUOTE]

Yea no kidding, Surely he is not a brawny gent, well hell neither am i......yet, anyways i'd be very curious how one user gets multiple codes, hmmmmmmm....extra accounts, he said he already traded 3+, SR3 giveaway goes up....87 new accounts get dlc and not do anything again ever, we need a filter on this somehow

[quote name='Lazer77']This is why nobody can ever have anything nice, because of people like that guy. I hope banning is a realistic possibility.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Falcongamer']Listen guys I wasn't trying to be rude. I know that people are bummed because they might have missed out on the codes. I do not intend to make a profit but I want to make a fair and honest trade. I have done 3 fair trades and you could ask them if I have done wrong.[/QUOTE]

They didn't miss out on the codes, there are still codes being given away on SteamGifts.

Also, you wouldn't be making an honest trade, since you received the code(s) that you're trading out of the generosity of others. I'm not the one who defines what is and isn't an "honest trade", but I think most of the people who are level-headed here would agree that this isn't something that would qualify as an "honest trade". You're trying to capitalize on the fact that these codes aren't still available for free, or so you believe(d).

[quote name='bigsexydh']Yea no kidding, Surely he is not a brawny gent, well hell neither am i......yet, anyways i'd be very curious how one user gets multiple codes, hmmmmmmm....extra accounts, he said he already traded 3+, SR3 giveaway goes up....87 new accounts get dlc and not do anything again ever, we need a filter on this somehow[/QUOTE]

To clarify, he didn't say he already traded 3+, he was referring to the 4* trades that he's made on CAG thus far.

+Rep, or capitilize that they were free and took as many as possible just to trade and never use them, i think we need to have forced steam links on CAG if were going to do this, if you enter and your steam isn't linked tough luck, that isn't gonna stop it totally though bar someone here giving the keys manually which i or someone else would surely volunteer to friend the person on steam and hand deliver it so to speak

[quote name='atreyuevr']They didn't miss out on the codes, there are still codes being given away on SteamGifts.

Also, you wouldn't be making an honest trade, since you received the code(s) that you're trading out of the generosity of others. I'm not the one who defines what is and isn't an "honest trade", but I think most of the people who are level-headed here would agree that this isn't something that would qualify as an "honest trade". You're trying to capitalize on the fact that these codes aren't still available for free, or so you believe(d).[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone do this to me. I am not an evil person and why would someone accuse me of this. It really hurts me that after everyone besides myself is trying to do a fair trade and decides to bully me as a way to just to do that is al big shame that after doing what's right and you get this. I will just ignore you liners from now on.

[quote name='Falcongamer']Why would anyone do this to me. I am not an evil person and why would someone accuse me of this. It really hurts me that after everyone besides myself is trying to do a fair trade and decides to bully me as a way to just to do that is al big shame that after doing what's right and you get this. I will just ignore you liners from now on.[/QUOTE]

Fair trade? You more than your share of what was generously given to us for free? And then you try to take these free things and try to trade for something of value? How is this fair?

Its no wonder sites don't give things away more often.

[quote name='Falcongamer']Why would anyone do this to me. I am not an evil person and why would someone accuse me of this. It really hurts me that after everyone besides myself is trying to do a fair trade and decides to bully me as a way to just to do that is al big shame that after doing what's right and you get this. I will just ignore you liners from now on.[/QUOTE]

If ignoring is what you wish, that's fine with me. It's not hard to get people to hate you here on the webs, but I did not by any means intend to make to feel "bullied". I'm simply pointing out the way that you're attempting to abuse others' generosity.

In no way would you trading something like that be fair, although that's up for interpretation based on the person you're trading to (value is in the eye of the beholder). Assuming you only obtained one code, you did nothing wrong; however, once you put that code up for trade you're doing something wrong (in my own and a couple other CAGs' eyes at the very least).

Also, it seems like you're misinterpreting what we're saying. We aren't saying that you're evil by any means, but what you're trying to do isn't right. Your message is a little hard to read, but please understand that we're just trying to point out what you're doing wrong here, and asking that you not do it.

EDIT:
[quote name='Lazer77']You more than your share of what was generously given to us for free?[/QUOTE]

I may be missing something, but I don't believe he said that he'd gotten multiple codes.

I would agree with this but also add that i don't see anyone picking on you or bullying anyone, we are just talking or speaking for myself that is, we are more worried about the new giveaways being abused than anything you specifically are doing, your just the first one to bring up the first kink.

If you don't intend to used the code don't take it, very simple, i had it on 360 and thought about grabbing one to trade, saw there was a limit and i wasn't gonna re-buy it so i left it, it's more about someone being dissapointed that they didn't get the one you took and if there's problems like this the very gracious people who organized it ill stop doing it....

[quote name='Lazer77']Fair trade? You more than your share of what was generously given to us for free? And then you try to take these free things and try to trade for something of value? How is this fair?

Its no wonder sites don't give things away more often.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just Wow. He's beyond help. Ban him, we should all send CheapyD PM's. If he honestly thinks that taking as many codes as he wants and shilling them for his own profit (the games he gets is money he didn't have to spend, and that counts)

Both ochentay4 and Falcongamer (if he's doing it too) should be banned before they set precendent, and others follow suite. Kill this behavior now, or it will become standard practice. Especially when people are called out on it, and say that their simply not going to listen and do as they please. They were offered a slice of the pie, everyone was. But they have taken it upon themselves to determine how much they should get. Stop this infection now, or the entire community is at stake. Those of us who don't behave in this manner won't even get our slice, because a handful of people leeched all the pie for themselves. The community dictates how others shall act, because it is the community that suffers. Expel them now or suffer the consequences.

BTW, "everyone besides myself is trying to do a fair trade" Freudian slip?

Steam Tradeable Gifts:
$8 Age of Empires III Complete Collection (6 copies left)
$40 Call of Duty Black Ops 2 (1 copy left)
$28 Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Preorder (multiple copies left)
$6 Hitman Collection (2 copies left)
$7 LA Noire Complete (3 copies left)
$7.50 Mount & Blade Collection (2 copies left)
$30 Sleeping Dogs (multiple copies left)
$35 Spec Ops: The Line (multiple copies left)
$14 The Book of Unwritten Tales (multiple copies left)

Steam Keys:
$18 Civilization V - Gods and Kings (multiple copies left)

The rest of my catalog:
$22 Alan Wake (multiple copies left)
$29 Anno 2070 (multiple copies left)
$34 Assassins Creed Revelations Gold Edition(multiple copies left)
$24 Blades of Time (multiple copies left)
$10 Defenders of Ardania (multiple copies left)
$16 Dungeons: The Dark Lord (multiple copies left)
$22 Endless Space (multiple copies left)
$13 Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition (multiple copies left)
$29 Game of Thrones (multiple copies left)
$35 Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (multiple copies left)
$29 Might & Magic Heroes VI (multiple copies left)
$29 Ridge Racer Unbounded (multiple copies left)
$34 Risen 2: Dark Waters (multiple copies left)
$24 Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (multiple copies left)
$14 Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity (multiple copies left)
$29 Sniper Elite V2 (multiple copies left)
$24 The Darkness II (multiple copies left)
$14 The Legend of Grimrock (multiple copies left)
$19 The Walking Dead (multiple copies left)
$22 Tropico 4 (multiple copies left)
$16 Tropico 4: Modern Times (multiple copies left)
$24 Wargame European Escalation (multiple copies left)
$15 Warlock - Master of the Arcane (multiple copies left)

$45.00 Mumbo Jumbo Complete Pack(multiple copies left)
$55.00 Popcap Complete Pack (multiple copies left)
$55.00 Valve Complete Pack(multiple copies left)

PM me if you're interested
All the listed games are steam tradeable, region-free, english language games

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing with Falcongamer (and/or others) is just plain unethical. Period. I am not a mod nor do I pretend to run shit around here but it is certainly kinda fucked up to say the least. I already bought that particular dlc so I never entered the Steam Gift giveaway for it or even thought about getting it free when it was offered straight up on the site earlier. Also I didn't find myself interested in the other two, whatever they were, so I didn't feel the need to take them. As I am sure other folks (of good ethical being) didn't either.

Huh? It's hard to understand this mess of a post.

Is he playing the victim role after he got called out for trying to trade the codes that were freely given to us? Please tell me I'm wrong.

It sucks when a different community messes with the free codes, but when one of our own does it- damn.

On Topic:

NEED:
Civ 3&4

Have:
Pay Pal
Kids

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Still trying to put together an Awesomenauts three pack, $5.66 a copy on Gamersgate, PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

I was going to host a 3-pack using the GGate/IGN price, but ordered from Steam (to get TF2 items) with 2 others who wanted the cheaper price in exchange for the aforementioned TF2 items. If you fit into that category, and could get a 3rd, we could fill a Awesome Trio.

If not, I'll host my own pack (though interest seems inexplicably low).

Looking for anybody honorable who pre-ordered DisHonored. Would like to get the Quakecon pack at the discounted price. Hope somebody can help me!
Thanks fellow CAGs.

[quote name='mewantgames']Also atreyuevr if you read this don't worry i'm still holding a copy of Torchlight II/I for you.[/QUOTE]

Haha I wasn't sweating it, I knew you didn't forget about me. Thanks! =]

[quote name='Falcongamer']Hopefully we can all go back into offering trade details for steam games and not drag this problem ever again.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated man, nothing personal I just want this community to continue to get better, I have never been part of such a great site before. I get frustrated when it seems like people are exploiting it.

[quote name='Falcongamer']I had frustration from people and I never intend to ignore anyone. But I am much better so sorry for the trouble[/QUOTE]

Chill out, you made a dumb mistake and no one was hurt. Just don't do it again (or so blatantly). Normally we're nice people here.

[quote name='avwjase']Anyone want in on a "The Political Machine 2012" 4-Pack? I just snagged one and have 3 unclaimed copies.

1. avwjase

$5 per copy, paypal. PM me if interested![/QUOTE]

PM sent

Have:
PayPal

Want:
SW Force Unleashed 1/2
Unreal Deal Pack
Crysis Collection
Alice Madness Returns
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers