Steam Group Buy and Gift Requests thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go ahead and buy a 4pack of section 8! (from someone purchasing in dollars)
I'll paypal you as gift 3.83$ , and can buy any extra copies of section 8 that you want to sell.
Steam now have steam beta, which is able to trade games (just like tf2 items).
People here on cag are still looking for some copies too, if that isnt enough for you :)
add me on steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/branokil

ill be online, the deal for section 8 will end today in 1hr and 10min.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's see if we can get a Section 8 group before the sale ends in 30 mins:

1) lilman
2)
3)
4)

Just add your name to the list. If this fills up in time I'll purchase the 4-pack. Cost will be $3.83 ea, paypal gift only.

About to purchase Section 8 and DLC for myself on Steam...unless someone has a 4-pack slot available :). Please let me know right away!

EDIT: Went ahead and purchased the 4-pack for $15.29. I have 3 slots available for $3.83 each. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM!

EDIT 2: Alright, 2 slots have been sold, and I'm just waiting on a reply for the last slot. Thanks for the interest guys!

EDIT 3: All slots have been claimed and paid for. Sorry to those who I had to turn down. Thanks again!

[quote name='Rav']About to purchase Section 8 and DLC for myself on Steam...unless someone has a 4-pack slot available :). Please let me know right away!

EDIT: Went ahead and purchased the 4-pack for $15.29. I have 3 slots available for $3.83 each. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM!

EDIT 2: Alright, 2 slots have been sold, and I'm just waiting on a reply for the last slot. Thanks for the interest guys![/QUOTE]

pm sent

Yes, it was midweek madness and expired at 10AM Pacific today.

Edit: I lied, the midweek is going through 4pm pacific, per the Steam homepage.

Any spaces open for Section 8?

EDIT: Going to host a group buy after suggestion was put to me. PM if interested.

EDIT2: All spots filled. Sorry folks.

I have 3 slots available in a Section 8 pack.

PM for payment info.

Price: $4 as paypal gift.

I'll be online for about 20 minutes right now... and then later tonight (around 9:30pm EST).

Have:
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $40
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time $5
Deus Ex GOTY $5
Bioshock $5

Want:
Paypal

Pm me if interested.

[quote name='MiXMiX']Have:
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Deus Ex GOTY
Darksiders
Bioshock

Want:
Paypal
Skyrim

PM me if interested. Selling cheap. If you have any high quality giftable games I might be interested in those as well.[/QUOTE]

Interested in Space Marine. Whats the least your willing to sell it for?

Anyone have a Renegade Ops 4 pack pre-order? Looking to fill 2 spots -- one for me and another for my friend. Have positive feedback and can paypal!

PM ME!:D

::EDIT::

I'm all set now -- Shiftdeleted got me!

Thanks!

Hudson187 - check your PM re: renegade ops.

PS: I'm back for anyone who PM'ed about Section 8.

Edit:

I have 1 Section 8 Left....

:)

Hey fellow cheap asses, I missed out on Section 8 Prejudice earlier and was wondering if anyone had any 4 pack slots left unaccounted for. Just met me know how you want to be paid. PM me. Thanks in advance!

if someone is picking up a DOW Complete pack and has any of these titles as an extra, and wouldn't mind giving me a good deal, i'd love you for a long time:

DOW Platinum (DOW Gold and Dark Crusade) - Runs $15 right now, would gladly pay $10 if you have extra.

DOW2: Chaos Rising - Currently $10, would pay $7.50
DOW2: Retribution - Running $15, would pay $10

also have Cryostasis if you want, I can throw it in if it takes a few $ off.

I have a question about currencies. (I live in the UK)

I did my first group buy last night, a 4-pack of Section 8 which cost me £10.19 (pound sterling). My buyer paid me 75% in dollars, which came to $11.49. That equated to £6.79 on Paypal, less than the £7.65 that it should've been if we're to be trading in sterling.

NB - I am in no way complaining here, I was more than happy to pick up S8 and get all the DLC that came with it cheaper than if I paid for a single copy :)

My question is: what's the best way to know what I'm paying for? And, super-bonus-side question (for five points) - is it best for me to join a group buy rather than host one?

For small deals such as S8 this is less of an issue, but if a pricey title comes along I could end up out of pocket, which kinda ruins the whole idea :)

[quote name='Flowette']And, super-bonus-side question (for five points) - is it best for me to join a group buy rather than host one?)[/QUOTE]
In almost every case on Steam, it would be best for you to join a group. Most titles go with the 1 USD = 1 GBP pricing, so you'd be saving substantially if you join a group. The only caveat is Paypal gifts don't work internationally for all countries, so you may have to add in the fees, but it'd still be cheaper than you hosting.

www.steamprices.com will let you compare prices across regions, to see where you'll get the best deal.

For example, Dawn of War Platinum is $15 in the US but $7.18 in the non-UK EU and $8.25 in the UK. If you were willing to gift copies of that, I'm sure people would appreciate it. :)

[quote name='Flowette']I have a question about currencies. (I live in the UK)

I did my first group buy last night, a 4-pack of Section 8 which cost me £10.19 (pound sterling). My buyer paid me 75% in dollars, which came to $11.49. That equated to £6.79 on Paypal, less than the £7.65 that it should've been if we're to be trading in sterling.

NB - I am in no way complaining here, I was more than happy to pick up S8 and get all the DLC that came with it cheaper than if I paid for a single copy :)

My question is: what's the best way to know what I'm paying for? And, super-bonus-side question (for five points) - is it best for me to join a group buy rather than host one?

For small deals such as S8 this is less of an issue, but if a pricey title comes along I could end up out of pocket, which kinda ruins the whole idea :)[/QUOTE]

Just be safe and go with having somone else host it. That way, you won't lose out at all. There are a ton of people who host here, so you'll have no problem finding a group. =]

Anyone have any extra copies of the Section 8 4 pack deal that included the game and DLC? Looking for at least one. Two if you got em. Send me a PM. Looking to pay about $4 a pop for them. Thanks!

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $3

Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition $3

Section 8: Prejudice + DLC $4

Borderlands GOTY (All DLC) $15

Pm me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back