Steam Halloween Sale OCT 28 - NOV 1

Thanks, OP. I might pick up Worms Reloaded, and I'm pretty sure I'll bite on that Overlord pack. I never got around to finishing the first... or playing the second.

[quote name='eastx']Worms Reloaded is much better than Worms 2. It has more single-player content, new weapons, wayyy more customization of gametypes/etc, and most importantly, custom maps! See the discussion thread in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that Worms: Reloaded is a port of Worms 2: Armageddon 360 + Battle Pack DLC.

The "new" single player levels and weapons are from the Battle Pack, therefore the map editor is the only new content, correct?

[quote name='M_F_A_H']I was under the impression that Worms: Reloaded is a port of Worms 2: Armageddon 360 + Battle Pack DLC.

The "new" single player content and weapons are from the Battle Pack, therefore the map editor is the only new content, correct?[/QUOTE]

No, didn't I just say it had new weapons and new customization options? It's built on Worms 2's foundation, but the new stuff makes it a much better game, IMO.

[quote name='eastx']No, didn't I just say it had new weapons and new customization options? It's built on Worms 2's foundation, but the new stuff makes it a much better game, IMO.[/QUOTE]

The weapons: The Three Ferrets, Termites, Steal, Worship, Invisibility and Marked for Death are not new weapons -- they're in the 360 version. Are there any "new" weapons besides these?

[quote name='eastx']Oh, I guess not. I was using this as my source: http://www.incgamers.com/News/24378/worms-reloaded-new-weapons-detailed[/QUOTE]
NP. The Battle Pack DLC dropped under the radar and includes:

"On Wednesday, July 7, the Worms 2 "Battle Pack" ($5) will be released and includes six new weapons, new speech banks, 10 new forts, a new "Survivor" game mode,
more Achievements, new player titles, leaderboards and 30 new single-player missions. Sheesh -- you'd think Team17 would save something"
for a future DLC pack."

Might bite on TF2 and PvZ:GOTY. Already have PvZ on my iTouch, but wouldn't mind spending some more for pc. Hows TF2? Never played it before, and wondering if it's good or not.

Purchased Nation Red 4-pack, if interested in a share, please PM me. Shares are $2.55 each.

All gone! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll join a Nation Red 4-pack. I'm hoping for Fear games and for vampire the masquerade to have a sale. Don't disappoint me steam. I have no time to play them, but dangit me wanty

[quote name='drakesvg']I would have to say that Team Fortress Dosnt Belong[/QUOTE]

Definitely not at $9.99! That's at least 4x more than anyone should ever pay for that game again.

Ok well I got....
AVP and the dlc
Bioshock
Zombie Bowl o rama (elf bowling is fun, same people made this)
Nation Red

May still get Amnesia and Dead Space

Definitely going for PvZ, but Overlord is tempting as hell. $1.25? Really?!

I mean, I spent $2 on crappy mashed potatoes at KFC for lunch today. No clue why I'm thinking this over so much...

I picked up PvZ just because everyone says how great it is and it looks pretty sweet. I have faith in my fellow CAGs! Overlord is kinda tempting as well at 1.25. I mean, Idk if I'll like it, but it's 5 quarters and looks like decent fun lol.

[quote name='hpv']Definitely not at $9.99! That's at least 4x more than anyone should ever pay for that game again.[/QUOTE]

What a stupid comment. Team Fortress 2 is worth that and more. They continue to support this game and add new, free, content to this very day.

I picked up PvZ, played it for the first time with the 360 release (I know, I know) and really enjoy it.

Does anyone know if there is a website out there dedicated to Steam achievements? kinda like the two ".org" sites for the 360 and PS3 are??

[quote name='BREVITY']Isnt Amnesia supposed to be fairly scary? Or am I thinking of another Steam game?[/QUOTE]

Most reviews state it as the scariest game on the PC. So it's probably the game you're thinking of. In fact, more than a few reviews have knocked it for being too scary, and thus, unfinishable.

It should be worth noting that Amnesia is currently $10 on Impulse (and possibly Gamersgate?). I know it's shocking, but it appears Impulse has beaten Steam on a sale?

[quote name='ParkCarsHere']It should be worth noting that Amnesia is currently $10 on Impulse (and possibly Gamersgate?). I know it's shocking, but it appears Impulse has beaten Steam on a sale?[/QUOTE]

Almost everyone is beating Steam on the Amnesia price. Everywhere else (GamersGate, the developers store, Impulse, Direct2Drive) has it for $10. Some of them even include the predecessors (Penumbra) for $10 as well. Very disappointed in Steam because of this.

Picked up Amnesia and Bioshock.
Been wanting Amnesia for a while, and $13.XX is good enough for me to bite. Also, figure I might enjoy Bioshock more on PC (played a bit on 360), and $5 is crazy cheap.

[quote name='INCyr']Almost everyone is beating Steam on the Amnesia price. Everywhere else (GamersGate, the developers store, Impulse, Direct2Drive) has it for $10. Some of them even include the predecessors (Penumbra) for $10 as well. Very disappointed in Steam because of this.[/QUOTE]

I'm not. Steam corners the market almost everywhere in PC gaming. I picked up Amnesia at Impulse for $10 to show the competition a little love. And I really doubt Amnesia will be getting a bunch of updates or achievements, so I'm not worried about it not being tied to Steam. Steam tends to be the Walmart of gaming, always undercutting everyone else. Of course, I like my cheap ass games, but I don't want to buy everything from them. Can you imagine the horror of a PeopleOfSteam.com website! :shock:

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']I can't find the Worms 4-Pack. Is it no longer available? I have 3 friends who want to get it with me...[/QUOTE]

The Worms 4-pack has been removed. I guess they don't wantcha getting it for less than $10 each just yet. I think it's easily worth $10 though.

bit on PvZ: GOTY, was the only thing that i really wanted, and I don't think i have seen popcap games go past the $5 mark, even on holiday sales

thanks op

[quote name='fmz65']Anyone still have a Red Nation 4-pack available?

I'd be more than happy to PayPayl the $2.50 or w.e it was :p[/QUOTE]

I'll go in toward a 4 pack too

bread's done
Back