Steam Holiday Sale - Up to 80% Off Until January 3rd!!

Grease_Bits

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
IF YOU HAVE ANY INTEREST AT ALL IN PC GAMING THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY YOUR GAMES!!!!!

It looks like they are doing the same thing they did with Black Friday weekend were in every day there are new deals. But nearly everything else is on sale as well.

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box - $7.49
Killing Floor -$4.99
The Orange Box - $14.99
Space Siege - $4.99
Bioshock - $4.99

And for some reason Prey ran out of keys because it was so popular(I never thought I'd be saying that) so thats why Bioshock is now on sale.

All prices are USD btw.

Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
Decided to pick up Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, since I loved the first one and haven't played one since, as well as Indigo Prophecy since it was so cheap.

I finally purchased Braid ($2.49) and Indigo Prophecy ($3.39). Was actually going to get IP for $10 the other day... glad I held off on it :D Some great deals... again. Didn't t hey just have a savings sale?

It was some sort of error I think. Showed up as $17.49. Regular Price $29.99. I'm hoping it means it's going to see a price drop during the sale.

[quote name='Firestorm']It was some sort of error I think. Showed up as $17.49. Regular Price $29.99. I'm hoping it means it's going to see a price drop during the sale.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, itchy trigger finger? I'd be all over that on a daily sale :)

picked up the Space Quest Collection for $5 from Steam. Man this brings me back to the good ol' gaming days! :D Also picked up Dirt 2 for $31.99 (regularly $39.99) Fantastic rally racing game if you're into those type of games.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']$17.49 seems too steep for a $50 game. $25-30 is more like it, but that's assuming discounted games are reduced further.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they are probably being forced to compete with retailers. I've heard on this forum that for 360 atleast, the GOTY edition for $30 @ FS and someone reported the regular game at some store for around $20. I know that they are 360 versions, not PC, but most steam users have a console also, so they may be more willing to pick up that cheap retail copy, than go for a $50 download.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Me....want...gaming...computer! ARGGHH![/QUOTE]

Same lol, I just don't have $2000 to spend. Every time I hear my friend brag about how he got a beta invite for The Old Republice, it drives me mad. I could've been invited to, if I only had a gaming rig...

So Far:

Audiosurf
Braid
Evil Genius
Freedom Force
Freedom Force VS The Third Reich
Ghostmaster
Ghostbusters
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death
RIP
RIP 2 Strike Back
RIP 3 The Last Hero
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Star Wars Dark Forces
Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi knight: Mysteries of the Sith

[quote name='RchrdJ']Same lol, I just don't have $2000 to spend. Every time I hear my friend brag about how he got a beta invite for The Old Republice, it drives me mad. I could've been invited to, if I only had a gaming rig...[/QUOTE]

Erm, really decent gaming computers run like $500 these days, cheap parts all over the damn place. The internet has plenty of guides of getting these parts and building them.

[quote name='Nukkus']So Far:...[/QUOTE]

Wow... that was an almost 1:1 list of what I got!!!!! I also got Judge vs. Dredd, but only because it was so cheap and I loved the GC version (because it was so terrible).

[quote name='RchrdJ']Same lol, I just don't have $2000 to spend. Every time I hear my friend brag about how he got a beta invite for The Old Republice, it drives me mad. I could've been invited to, if I only had a gaming rig...[/QUOTE]
lol you don't need anywhere near $2000 for a computer. If you want something that'll run games better than a 360 or PS3, $700 is enough. $1000 is the sweetspot imo.

Yeah, I know about building computers and stuff. I just don't wanna go half-ass and get the only what I need. I wanna go big or go home as I don't have $500 to spend, nor will have that much money in the foreseeable future. I want it to run incredibly fast and also look nice. Also, I would be starting from scratch, which means I need a monitor, speakers all that extra stuff, not just a tower. I welcome everyone telling me I don't need to spend 2 grand, and many people would be happy with that. But I want mine to be that step up from a normal gaming rig.

[quote name='Firestorm']lol you don't need anywhere near $2000 for a computer. If you want something that'll run games better than a 360 or PS3, $700 is enough. $1000 is the sweetspot imo.[/QUOTE]

I'll be coming to you in June, Firestorm. I'm pretty happy with the 360/PS3 graphics, so if I can spend $700-$800 on a computer that will run games as good as a 360 or PS3 on a 1080p monitor, I'm one happy camper.

edit: I'm playing through Batman: Arkham Asylum right now, and it's absolutely incredible. It's on sale for $33.49 on Steam, which is a fantastic price for this game. Get it. Now. I'm absolutely loving it. I'd love to play right now, but it's 1am, the parents are sleeping, and I just sold my gaming headphones to pay for booze and hookers.

edit2: JESUS H! I just hit the motherload! I'm honestly tempted to buy this and just activate it when I get a computer. for $49.99, you get:
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Battlestations: Midway
Just Cause
Hitman: Codename 47
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider: LegendProject: Snowblind
Rogue Trooper
Infernal
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men™
Conflict: Denied Ops
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Shellshock 2: Blood Trails
Battlestations PacificMini Ninjas
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Flora's Fruit Farm

Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Next set of deals are up. - Need for Speed: Shift $37.49 USD - id Super Pack $23.79 USD - Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter $9.99 USD - Football Manager™ 2010 $29.99 USD - Left 4 Dead 2 $33.49 USD - A bit meh in my books. Better luck tomorrow

[quote name='game_fanatic']I'll be coming to you in June, Firestorm. I'm pretty happy with the 360/PS3 graphics, so if I can spend $700-$800 on a computer that will run games as good as a 360 or PS3 on a 1080p monitor, I'm one happy camper.[/QUOTE]Well PS3/360 play them at 720p =P I like $1000 as a sweetspot for 1080p gaming on a computer. Best bang for buck.

I picked up Battlefield 2 + Red Faction Guerilla yesterday. Sad that Torchlight is already lower than what I bought it at today =(

I might Goozex my Dragon Age: Origins and pick it up on Steam.

They're out of keys for Prey so they added BioShock @ 4.99$ (reg 19.99$) as a replacement!

Our sale on Prey was so popular we ran out of keys!! If we can get more, we'll try to bring this deal back. In the meantime, 2K Games has added BioShock to the set of daily deals on Steam, at 75% OFF today only. Happy holidays!

[quote name='TheIceMaster']They're out of keys for Prey so they added BioShock @ 4.99$ (reg 19.99$) as a replacement![/QUOTE]

I've never heard of ANYTHING like that before. I mean Prey isn't even a good game for that to happen, they must have had like only 100 keys.

[quote name='Grease_Bits']I've never heard of ANYTHING like that before. I mean Prey isn't even a good game for that to happen, they must have had like only 100 keys.[/QUOTE]
Well, it was $2.25...

And yeah, digitally distributed title selling out. Daamn. This is the second time that's happened this sale. They were able to get STALKER back up at a decent pace but looks like Prey might be done.

bread's done
Back